PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the hold on Farrior?

jjpro11
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
today during the pro bowl they showed a replay of Fitzgerald running the entire field on the Harrison interception. i just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that at the beginning of the return, a cardinals player blatantly held and threw down james farrior? i keep hearing people bitching and whining about what may or may not have been a clip by woodley, but that hold on farrior was as obvious as any in the game and it wasnt called. and it was right at the beginning when all the officials were still around that area.

update: i found a video of it.

at the 9:31 mark you will see Timmons being held, and at the 9:37 mark you will see Farrior dragged down.

this is a cool video actually, so if you haven't seen it.. i highly recommend watching the whole video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e9de21

Curtain_of_Steel
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
JJ:
But in the Cardinals defense, the player only used 2 hands to pull him down by his shoulder pads and toss him, lol.

For some reason, I never seen that angle till today. Or never ooked back on the play when it was on...

steelpride12
02-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya just noticed this today when they showed the replay. Ahh who cares he made it and got the important 6...and oxygen.

slippy
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
well, fitz was still out of bounds when he tackled harrison and that wasn't called. you have to reestablish yourself inbounds.

SteelCurtain7
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Remember, boys and girls...rule-breaking is only acceptable when the Steelers' opponents do so. :rolleyes:

Morgan
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
And it's never discussed. If the Steelers get 1 call they shoulnd't (roughing the passer) and the Cards get a boat load of no calls (like holding Harrison EVERY DOWN or a TD that shouldn't count) it means that it's a conspiracy and the NFL rigged the game for the Steelers. LOL As long as the right team wins, I'll fight the good fight every time I hear it. Save video evidence and stuff it down their throats... I have a PDF file that I believe proves the Immaculate reception happened the way it was called on the field. :) I've even convinced Raider fans with it. :)

jjpro11
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
watch Farrior from the beginning of the play. At the 0:05 mark, you can see Boldin grab his jersey, but the camera moves before you see him get thrown down. keep in mind there are refs all around that including a ref trailing from behind that couldn't have missed it. If someone tries giving you shit about woodley point this out to them and tell them to stfu.

1PSB5dpKIgI

StainlessStill
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
watch Farrior from the beginning of the play. At the 0:05 mark, you can see Boldin grab his jersey, but the camera moves before you see him get thrown down. keep in mind there are refs all around that including a ref trailing from behind that couldn't have missed it. If someone tries giving you shit about woodley point this out to them and tell them to stfu.

1PSB5dpKIgI

+ 1. Good catch. I was too busy watching the greatness that was taking place. Good eye.

Plus, BIG BLOCK from KEISEL!

SteelCurtain7
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Remember, boys and girls...rule-breaking is only acceptable when the Steelers' opponents do so. :rolleyes:

I was just lurking over at the official Cards board, following up this subject: the Cards fans are still whining about the officiating. Good grief, people. Build a bridge and GET OVER IT. :rolleyes:

CargoJon
02-08-2009, 11:30 PM
+ 1. Good catch. I was too busy watching the greatness that was taking place. Good eye.

Plus, BIG BLOCK from KEISEL!

KIESEL had a very big game and went largely unnoticed. He recovered the Warner fumble and had a sack IIRC.

Kiesel > Kimo Von O

MasterOfPuppets
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
no one has even mentioned how deashea was trying to take the ball from harrison...:laughing:

StainlessStill
02-08-2009, 11:45 PM
KIESEL had a very big game and went largely unnoticed. He recovered the Warner fumble and had a sack IIRC.

Kiesel > Kimo Von O

No doubt. We will be looking forward to locking up Keisel in the Off-season. I can see us getting him at a reasonable price where both sides would benefit from.

Puppets, you actually see Deshea turn on the jets after he realized he wasn't getting the ball AND that he didn't want to get pancaked by 92. Good instincts by Townsend.. he saved himself by not being turned into roadkill, haha.

jjpro11
02-08-2009, 11:49 PM
i found a video of it.. at the 9:31 mark you will see Timmons being held, and at the 9:37 mark you will see Farrior dragged down.

this is a cool video actually, so if you haven't seen it.. i highly recommend watching the whole video.

StainlessStill
02-09-2009, 12:29 AM
i found a video of it.. at the 9:31 mark you will see Timmons being held, and at the 9:37 mark you will see Farrior dragged down.

Thank you for that. I've seen NFL's sounds of the game, but it was only a 5 min long vid. This takes the cake. Very cool seeing behind the scenes.

At 4:25 it looks like Ben is PISSED that Tomlin didn't opt to go for it after his TD was taken away while Tomlin told him it's too early.

9:05 nice Call by Coach T anticipating the Pass from Arizona on Harrison's pick.
-A little after you see Timmons getting held on the play in slow-mo,

16:26 'Tonio daring to be great.

Brings a tear to your eye.

jjpro11
02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Look at all the penalties i found by the Cardinals on that one play, in addition to the facemask penalty that was called. :sofunny:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e97cd9

-At the 0:55 mark, #94 Lawrence Timmons gets held by #74 Reggie Wells.
-At the 1:02 mark, #51 James Farrior has his jersey grabbed and is throw down by #81 Anquan Boldin.
-At the 3:50 mark, #24 Ike Taylor gets tackled from behind by #82 Leonard Pope
-At the 3:53 mark, #26 Deshea Townsend gets horse-collared by #11 Larry Fitzgerald

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 01:09 AM
no one has even mentioned how deashea was trying to take the ball from harrison...:laughing:

Yeah....actually Harrison said to the NFL network crew on their set ..."I dont know what Deshea was doin??? I was like...pick somebody, go block someone!!! Cause I wasn't givin' it up."

It was pretty funny. Good thing, because it was a forward lateral then.

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Yeah....actually Harrison said to the NFL network crew on their set ..."I dont know what Deshea was doin??? I was like...pick somebody, go block someone!!! Cause I wasn't givin' it up."

It was pretty funny. Good thing, because it was a forward lateral then.
actually he was litteraly trying to take it out of his hands at one point....:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
02-09-2009, 04:32 AM
actually he was litteraly trying to take it out of his hands at one point....:chuckle:

There is no way in hell he could have go that ball from Harrison.:laughing:

Milkman
02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching RePLAY also.

:popcorn:

tony hipchest
02-09-2009, 10:08 AM
deshea was interviewed the day after the game. he was telling harrison "gimme the ball, gimme the ball". he said james just told him no.

i think he was pretty confident he was taking it to the house. it definitely woulda been a forward latteral though.

stlrtruck
02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
That wasn't a hold on Farrior, that was a freakin' mugging. But as mentioned, no one cheering for the cardinals wants to point those things out.

markymarc
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
The most important thing is if Timmons doesn't get his face mask grabbed and held by the Cardinals lineman he easily sacks Warner IMO. And the other thing that really bothers me on that play is how no one wanted to talk about Fitz running out of bounds for about 20-30 yards and only gets back in bounds to make a tackle attempt on Harrison. It's funny because the Cardinal fans want to talk about Fitz's hustle on that play and that's it.

The_WARDen
02-09-2009, 02:17 PM
There was no hold...get it right, the refs favored the Steelers and rigged the game in their favor.

You all must have missed your daily koolaid today..

FacemeIke
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I still don't see a clip by Woodley or anything that could be argued as a clip. Maybe I'm missing it?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Did anybody notice me all hungover at work after celebrating the victory?

No.......good thing, because I was worried that Terry Tate office Linebacker would not approve. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94