1st: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09mack.jpg
2nd: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09kropog.jpg
3rd: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09ayers.jpg
3rdS: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09Ttaylor.jpg
4th: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09smartin.jpg
5th: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09Jlane.jpg
6th: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09simmons.jpg
7th: http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09Djohnson.jpg

Rip away... love to hear the insight from some of you guys on the board... :thumbsup:

I may be assuming incorrectly that we get a supplemental pick in the 3rd...

Pidots55
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
OLine help
DLine prospects for the future
a Safety to backup Clark and replace him next year
a FB (hope this guys is a great run blocker)
a WR who may be a solid returner

i think this is the perfect draft. I really don't like the QB pick, maybe another OL (you can find talent here) or another DL but i really like this mock draft

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I like Ayers, but think he is more of a 4-3 DE. Troy Kropog really struggled in senior bowl practices and at this point would probably be a worse pass protector than Tony Hills.

I think Kropog is a 5th round prospect and Ayers 2nd-3rd. We already have a backup QB in Dixon, so I dont know if we need a 7th round QB......I am pimping Penn St OT -Gerald Cadogin in the 7th if he is still there. Nice effort.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Not bad at all

...I might consider dropping lane...I think he has eaten himself out of the draft...he looked awful in the east-west game.

I agree with Gonzo that Ayers will probably be tagged as a 4-3 DE...I have been looking at Pannel Egboh from Stanford as a 5th round DE...(I think we can get him for a song due to a knee injury midway through his senior season that effected his stats)

LOVE the Martin pick...look for him to move up draft boards before April.

Steely McSmash
02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Why draft a FB when you can pick up Kuhn as a FA?

KeiselPower99
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
1. Beatty T UConn
2. Wood C Louisville
3. Mitch King DT Iowa

Theres my top 3

MDSteel15
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Where's your 2nd 7th round pick!

Steelers Since '75
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I think I have to rethink this draft... by all accounts it now sounds as though Colbert is making the d-line the priority and I see Mack moving himself up the draft charts and out of our reach...

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
What about the Dilliard kid from Rice?? He is pretty damn explosive and could add to our return game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I think I have to rethink this draft... by all accounts it now sounds as though Colbert is making the d-line the priority and I see Mack moving himself up the draft charts and out of our reach...

I would not believe much of what Colbert or Tomlin says in any interviews leading up to the draft. If you remember last year they said "we need to get younger up front....on both sides of the ball".

Not exactly like they stuck to what they told the media.

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
i don't know if taylor can last to the last pick in the 3rd rd...

and u forgot the extra 7th we get from mahan....

i think kropog is high.. could look at a guy like eric wood

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Terrence Taylor at 6'0", 300 lbs does not fit a 3-4 defense. Too short to play DE and too light to play NT. He is the build of a classic 4-3 DT (three technique).

We normally target guys that are around 6'5"- 285-300 lbs to play DE and NT's that are built like Hampton, Rogers, Warren, Jamaal Williams at 325lbs plus.

Steelers Since '75
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Terrence Taylor at 6'0", 300 lbs does not fit a 3-4 defense. Too short to play DE and too light to play NT. He is the build of a classic 4-3 DT (three technique).

We normally target guys that are around 6'5"- 285-300 lbs to play DE and NT's that are built like Hampton, Rogers, Warren, Jamaal Williams at 325lbs plus.

What about Ron Brace? Haven't heard alot about him but it sounds like he is a monster. I also saw some interesting words about Chris Baker...

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
b.j raji would be a good nt.. but he be way way gone by the time we pick....

idk if we rly need 2 get a safety either.. i think mundy can back up clark this season and could end up being a good FS

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
What about Ron Brace? Haven't heard alot about him but it sounds like he is a monster. I also saw some interesting words about Chris Baker...

Yeah, I think Brace fits the bill for a NT, but he honestly didnt look that impressive in Senior Bowl week or the game. He kind of explodes into the blocker and when slowed it looks like it takes too much energy to get going again.

Maybe Brace would be OK if he goes on the Casey Hampton weight loss program? :noidea: I'd rather take a shot at Fili Moala, Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert if they are there in the 2nd instead of Brace though. I dont think Brace will be there in the 3rd.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I think Brace fits the bill for a NT, but he honestly didnt look that impressive in Senior Bowl week or the game. He kind of explodes into the blocker and when slowed it looks like it takes too much energy to get going again.

Maybe Brace would be OK if he goes on the Casey Hampton weight loss program? :noidea: I'd rather take a shot at Fili Moala, Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert if they are there in the 2nd instead of Brace though. I dont think Brace will be there in the 3rd.
i'm thinkin jenny craig might be a better option....:noidea:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3094/610xun0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Preacher
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
THAT IS A SCARY PIC

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd rather take a shot at Fili Moala, Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert if they are there in the 2nd instead of Brace though. I dont think Brace will be there in the 3rd.

do u think that moala could last to the 32nd pick in the 2nd rd??? i would like 4 him be there ... but i don't think that he could stay on the board that long if he makes it into the 2nd rd...

Havik
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Here is my mock draft

Rd. 1-Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
It's likely all the first round o-line talent gone at pick 32, so the Steelers can add some d-line depth. Jackson would bring some youth to the d-line rotation.

Rd. 2-Andy Levitre, G, Oregon State
Levitre can play every position on the o-line except for center, and the Steelers badly need a replacement for Faneca.

Rd. 3-Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State
Gilbert is the perfect size for a 3-4 DE, and has 47 tackles, 21.5 TFL, nine sacks and three passes broken up through 11 games. Now that's impressive.

Rd. 4-Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State.
Alex Boone's stock will drop because of his recent arrest. Boone was once considered a first round prospect so getting him at the end of round 4 is great value. He could easily fill the RT spot, allowing Willie Colon to slide over to RG.

Rd. 5-Willie VanDeSteeg, DE, Minnesota
Convert to OLB to add depth behind Harrison and Woodley.

Rd. 6-Wopamo Osaisai, CB, Stanford

Rd. 7-Jason Watkins, OT, Florida

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
that arrest will keep the steelers from even looking at boone.....:coffee:

Big7BenHOF
02-11-2009, 12:53 AM
that arrest will keep the steelers from even looking at boone.....:coffee:

Depends on what round he drops to.

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Depends on what round he drops to.name 1 player that the steelers have drafted that had previous legal troubles......:noidea:

Havik
02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I would take Alex Mack over Tyson Jackson, I just don't think he will be there. I heard the Steelers may get an extra 3rd round pick for losing Faneca, if so then they can get Eric Wood instead. I was shocked to hear about Boone getting arrested, he played at OSU for 4 years and never got in trouble.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
do u think that moala could last to the 32nd pick in the 2nd rd??? i would like 4 him be there ... but i don't think that he could stay on the board that long if he makes it into the 2nd rd...

I think he could slide to the 2nd round. If he has a good combine and pro day he may rise or if a team like Denver or GB needs a 3-4 DE they will jump at him, but I think those teams are more likely to look at proven guys like Olshansky and Canty in FA.

Fili flashes greatness and then takes plays off, so I think that will cause him to slide to the 2nd, but doubt that he will be there at #64.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Rd. 2-Andy Levitre, G, Oregon State
Levitre can play every position on the o-line except for center, and the Steelers badly need a replacement for Faneca.

Watch some Oregon State games. (I saw 3 this year) Levitre is no Alan Faneca!!! Not a strong run blocker, adequate in pass protection but has short arms. He got bull rushed and pass rushers swam by him repeatedly in Senior Bowl practices.

Mike Mayock has him as the #1 OG prospect and is too stubborn to change that since the senior bowl. It is similar to how Mayock had DaJuan Morgan as the #1 safety (3rd round pick) at this time last year. Here is a scouting report on Levitre that hilights the same things I saw in games this year. Look more to Urbik, Cantwell, in the 2nd:

Lacks the height, arm length and foot speed preferred at offensive tackle. ... Marginal depth on his initial kick-slide to handle speed rushers. ... Effective short-area run blocker due to technique, but not a masher. ... Marginal upper-body strength as drive blocker
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andy-levitre?id=71363#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Rhee Rhee
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I would not believe much of what Colbert or Tomlin says in any interviews leading up to the draft. If you remember last year they said "we need to get younger up front....on both sides of the ball".

Not exactly like they stuck to what they told the media.

then again the draft didn't go quite as planned with the ridiculous run of OL and solid skill position value left on the board..

Texasteel
02-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I would take Alex Mack over Tyson Jackson, I just don't think he will be there. I heard the Steelers may get an extra 3rd round pick for losing Faneca, if so then they can get Eric Wood instead. I was shocked to hear about Boone getting arrested, he played at OSU for 4 years and never got in trouble.

I have a feeling that by the end of the combines, Wood would not reach us in the 2nd round.

Havik
02-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I have revised my mock draft.

Rd. 1-Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
Chris Kemoeatu allowed 7.5 sacks in 2008, and may depart via free agency. He is easily baited into stupid penalties and as a LG just isn't that good. Robinson would be an upgrade.

Rd. 2-Eric Wood, C, Louisville
Alex Mack and Jonathan Luigs may be gone, but Eric Wood is still good enough to replace the mediocre Justin Hartwig, who IMO is really no better than Sean Mahan.

Rd. 3-Jarron Gilbert, DT, San Jose State
Proper size to convert to 3-4 DE, is also very productive. Would add some youth to the d-line rotation.

Rd. 4-Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
Boone was once considered a first round talent . Aside from allowing 1 sack, he handled Brian Orakpo pretty well in the Fiesta Bowl. Orakpo is an elite pass rusher who should have beat him for 3 or 4 sacks. Boone would make a great RT, allowing Willie Colon to slide over to RG.

Rd. 5-Willie VanDeSteeg, DE/OLB, Minnesota

Rd. 6-Wopamo Osaisai, CB, Stanford

Rd. 7-Jason Watkins, OT, Florida