PDA

View Full Version : Question about free agency.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Just wondering, can we sign our own free agents before the free agency signing period begins on Feb 27th??

I know we can't sign another teams free agent like Chris Canty from Dallas, but can we sign our own guys like McFadden, before then??

NJarhead
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I believe so. I think we can sign our own people any time we'd like. The Rooney's just have a policy about doing it during the season.

If your next question is why haven't we signed McFadden yet, then I have no idea..., but I'm hopeful.

KeiselPower99
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Today is the first day teams can release players. At anytime we can resign our own players.

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Just wondering, can we sign our own free agents before the free agency signing period begins on Feb 27th??

I know we can't sign another teams free agent like Chris Canty from Dallas, but can we sign our own guys like McFadden, before then??yup....they can sign contracts during a game if they want to.....they sign free agents during the season don't they ??? (berger,dookie,etc)

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
OK, thanks. I was just confused because I was reading a post on Walter football where they said the Saints would cost themselves a draft pick by signing Vilma. I'm no expert in the NFLPA collective bargaining agreement. :noidea:

Vilma is probably a better fit for the Saints at weakside linebacker. Unfortunately, they can't re-sign him until the free-agency period begins, unless they want to cough up a first-round pick. http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2009ILB.php

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
OK, thanks. I was just confused because I was reading a post on Walter football where they said the Saints would cost themselves a draft pick by signing Vilma. I'm no expert in the NFLPA collective bargaining agreement. :noidea:

Vilma is probably a better fit for the Saints at weakside linebacker. Unfortunately, they can't re-sign him until the free-agency period begins, unless they want to cough up a first-round pick. http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2009ILB.phpthat was just part of the agreement they had with the jets.....somewhat like what the jets had with the packers on farve. like if the jets made the superbowl the compensation for farve goes up.