PDA

View Full Version : redskins d co-ord. gets $8 mil. extension

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
greg williams gets the big bucks to stick around and pretty much be the successor to joe gibbs. he was a hot commodity with all the recent head coach firings. speculation is k.c. was interrested and were pretty much thinking of offering the same ammount of $$$ to replace dick vermiel.

d snyder sure knows how to throw that money around. no wonder a head coach like mike tice, making less than a million, feels the need to scalp sb tickets. in this regard i think tice got a raw deal and was lame duck all along. i dont see him ever landing another head coaching position and i dont think its all his fault. i would like to see the steelers put in a little extra cash to keep grimm and lebeau even lebeau probably isnt really focussed on becoming a hc again.

SteelerDan43
01-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Well I'm guessing the main motivation in the big contract is that he is being groomed to be Gibbs successor and rightfully so, minus the Arrington situations he has handled the defense very well and has had them at the top of the league for a few years now

On another note, this is my 50th post!! Ya water boy!

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Damn! The price of keeping your D-cor just went up!

Prosdo
01-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a good move by the Redskins. He would have gotten a lot of offers.