PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis calls Jets an attractive option....

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Linebacker Ray Lewis, an unrestricted free agent this offseason, told NFL Network Thursday that the New York Jets are an "attractive option," as playing for the team would mean he'd be reunited with Rex Ryan, the former Ravens defensive coordinator who is now head coach of the Jets, the New York Post reports.

"You can take a young Jets team that has a lot of talent across the board when you try to wiggle (No.) 52 into that equation somewhere or other than that team goes from just being OK to, let's just win this," Lewis said. "That scenario by itself is always attractive. That's a great opportunity, reason being we (he and Ryan) have been together for years."

Lewis said that he has not spoken to Ryan since he became the Jets' coach.

Lewis' fellow Ravens linebackers, Terrell Suggs and Bart Scott, are also unrestricted free agents. Suggs has said that he believes the three will be willing to give the Ravens "hometown discounts" in order to stay in Baltimore and keep the linebacking unit together.

But Lewis told NFL Network he would not give Baltimore a hometown discount. "If you don't play less, you don't take less. That's just life," Lewis said.

Lewis went so far as to hint that Brett Favre returning would be a factor in whether he decides to sign with the Jets, according to the Post, since it would indicate the Jets are in a win-now mode.

"That scenario you almost have to see where it goes to see what they're doing as an organization," Lewis said. "Then that's when you can jump in and pick up where they're going to leave off. If they're saying we are going to go after Brett, then that's when I am going to make a phone call."

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=514942

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 09:34 AM
If he goes there we will never hear the end of how great he is. Thank you NY media for overblowing every damn thing.

revefsreleets
02-10-2009, 09:52 AM
The man thinks awfully highly of hoimself. Delusions of grandeur, indeed...

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
"You can take a young Jets team that has a lot of talent across the board when you try to wiggle (No.) 52 into that equation somewhere or other than that team goes from just being OK to, let's just win this," Lewis said.

Yeah, we'll see when you don't have hogs like Pryce and Ngata in front of you and you're getting routinely knocked on your ass by 220-lb RBs. :coffee:

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
"You can take a young Jets team that has a lot of talent across the board when you try to wiggle (No.) 52 into that equation somewhere or other than that team goes from just being OK to, let's just win this," Lewis said. "That scenario by itself is always attractive. That's a great opportunity, reason being we (he and Ryan) have been together for years."

Pompous, arrogant douchebag. No wonder you never see Stabbit Ray with a hat - they don't make one big enough to fit that oversized head of his.

http://www.sunfanshop.com/Images/Product/33-36/33-36329-P.jpg

steelpride12
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Harbough said he is willing to pay Ray the money he wants to stay in Baltimore, so don't be surpised if he is still there next season.

Dino 6 Rings
02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Who?

Pretty sure most of My Linebackers have more SB Rings than he does.

Whatcha gonna say Ray Ray? Tired of getting your sorry arse kicked every year by the Steelers?

Tired of seeing us beat you on 80 yard game winning drives? Tired of seeing 15,000 of our fans in your house every single year?

Coward, Go ahead, run to the AFC East, I'm sure Joey would welcome you there with open arms.

Godfather
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
It would be cool if Stabby went to Dallas and TO did something to annoy him.

steelreserve
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM

That bobblehead doesn't even look like him. His nose is a lot wider and flatter and uglier than that. Actually, that describes his whole face.

Also, I would love to see this transaction happen. Enough to hurt Baltimore seriously, not enough to make the Jets into a legitimate contender. I say go for it, Stabby McStabberson!

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
too bad they cant trade ray bobbitt to marvin lewis and the bungles.

p.s. ray "lorena" bobbitt is his new unofficial nickname. spread the word.

OneForTheToe
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, we'll see when you don't have hogs like Pryce and Ngata in front of you and you're getting routinely knocked on your ass by 220-lb RBs. :coffee:

That is exactly why I think he will stay in Baltimore. It is no coincidence that Ray Ray's down years were between the time Sam Adams' and Saragossa's fat behinds were in front of him, to when Natta got there. Ray Ray can't fight through a block - without a Ginsu - anymore.

Although, you could cut the tension created by where he will be next year with a ---- _ _ i_e

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I think Jerry Jones is gonna cut TO, backup the truck load of $$ for Lewis and Ware!!

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I think Jerry Jones is gonna cut TO, backup the truck load of $$ for Lewis and Ware!!their projected cap is $141 mil. in 2010. if a labor agreement is reached, he will need to cut alot more than that.

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
their projected cap is $141 mil. in 2010. if a labor agreement is reached, he will need to cut alot more than that.

Haven't the Cowboys, along with the Redskins, been pretty much exempt from the cap for years anyway? :noidea:

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
i want 2 know how the jets will be able 2 afford ray lewis in the 1st place... they are like 20 something mill over the cap... favre is eating up like 15/18 mill this yr

SteelCurtain7
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
It would be cool if Stabby went to Dallas and TO did something to annoy him.

Freddy v. Jason. Book it!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
The NYPD will certainly be busy. First Plax and now Ray Ray in Gotham.

brick
02-11-2009, 11:59 AM
well IF favre retires (i know the story already broke, but its still a big if) then thatll free up some space, but even after that they still need to trim the hedges a lot with their salaries if theyre gonna get guys like lewis or suggs

devilsdancefloor
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Pompous, arrogant douchebag. No wonder you never see Stabbit Ray with a hat - they don't make one big enough to fit that oversized head of his.

they had extra keyshawn heads and stuck it on stabbies body

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Heck on Ray Ray, I also hope he goes to the Jets or Dallas.

lilyoder6
02-14-2009, 02:32 PM
obv where ever ray goes he will make the lb core better.. and they will be getting a great leader...

so i hope he leaves the division

MasterOfPuppets
02-14-2009, 11:35 PM
i hope he does leave bmore.....then we don't have to listen to ratbird fans slurping on his crusty old sack anymore.....:wave:

Galax Steeler
02-15-2009, 07:59 AM
i hope he does leave bmore.....then we don't have to listen to ratbird fans slurping on his crusty old sack anymore.....:wave:

Amen to that.:toofunny: