PDA

View Full Version : Time For Colts Game If Steelers Win

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Hate to tempt fate by peeking ahead, but since the P-G is reporting the story I will pass along that the Steelers will play the Colts at 1 p.m. on Sunday, January 15, if they beat Cincy.

The extra day of rest that will result from playing on Sunday rather than Saturday (if it happens!) can't hurt. I remember Cowher griped all week when the Steelers played the Titans in the playoffs on Saturday rather than Sunday after beating the Browns the previous Sunday during the 2003 playoffs.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06003/631884.stm

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
while i prefer to beat the colts cause it makes a better story and would sort of validates our season and place in the afcc game i really think we could do some dammage against the broncos. i think our defens could really hold them in check and make plummer revert to old habbits. with manning we would just need to hit him a few times really hard (like brady)

i look at plummer and carson and ben the same: its easier to beat them mentally than physically and brady and manning are the complete opposite. its better to try and beat them physically than mentally.

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2006, 07:35 PM
while i prefer to beat the colts cause it makes a better story and would sort of validates our season and place in the afcc game i really think we could do some dammage against the broncos. i think our defens could really hold them in check and make plummer revert to old habbits. with manning we would just need to hit him a few times really hard (like brady)

i look at plummer and carson and ben the same: its easier to beat them mentally than physically and brady and manning are the complete opposite. its better to try and beat them physically than mentally.

Hard to argue there is any sure way to beat Brady recently. According to Sports Illustrated he had the flu and a 102 degree fever when he lit us up in a frigid Heinz Field in last year's AFC championship. Until he loses, Brady is the benchmark against which other QBs must be measured.

Colts are a better team than the Pats this year but Brady is the QB I want no part of in a big game.

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Lets beat Cincinatti! We wouldn`t want the players thinking ahead

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Hard to argue there is any sure way to beat Brady recently. According to Sports Illustrated he had the flu and a 102 degree fever when he lit us up in a frigid Heinz Field in last year's AFC championship. Until he loses, Brady is the benchmark against which other QBs must be measured.

Colts are a better team than the Pats this year but Brady is the QB I want no part of in a big game. agreed on the big game capabilities. i think the chiefs laid out the blueprint to beating him and to some extent miami last year. hit him hard and early. after one good early lick he seems to get a little anxious and makes more mistaked he normally dont make. carolina did this

dont you think that flu story from last years champ game was just a built in excuse in case they lost???:grin:

3 to be 4
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
dont you think that flu story from last years champ game was just a built in excuse in case they lost???:grin:[/QUOTE]

then how come the story came out AFTER the win? Its not like they lost and THEN came up with an excuse, like a phony toe injury or something:grin:

SteelerDan43
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I think we will beat Cinncy but lets not put the cart before the horse here fellas

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 09:02 PM
dont you think that flu story from last years champ game was just a built in excuse in case they lost???:grin:

then how come the story came out AFTER the win? Its not like they lost and THEN came up with an excuse, like a phony toe injury or something:grin:[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
touche, however the story broke pre game or i wouldnt have said it was a built in excuse. i happen to think the flu actually helps atheletes perform better and if there were a way i could bottle it and sell a 3 hour version of it i would be a millionaire. :smile:

ben already had the built in excuse. rookie/rookie wall/too much pressure. a little toe injury isnt gonna hamper his preformance to the extent that the other things did. i think thats why cowher just wanted him to shut up cause after you lose a game like that it dont really matter what type of injuries you have unless it puts you out of the game. everyone is pretty much beat up at that point. and i think that is why cowher was so agitated that ben even mentionned it.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 05:26 AM
i happen to think the flu actually helps atheletes perform better and if there were a way i could bottle it and sell a 3 hour version of it i would be a millionaire. :smile:

does the smile mean you are kidding? please?

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 02:29 PM
lol! i could be on to something here. remember michael jordan vs. the jazz? (ok, that was food poisonning, can you bottle a 3 hr. formula for that?)

Steel - X
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah you could bottle up some of my cooking! that would work.

SteelerzGirl
01-04-2006, 03:45 PM
(makes a mental note never to eat at Steel -X's house) :smile:

Stlrs4Life
01-04-2006, 03:50 PM

then how come the story came out AFTER the win? Its not like they lost and THEN came up with an excuse, like a phony toe injury or something:grin:[/QUOTE]

It did come out before the game. Dopesn't matter, he played very well anyhow. It darn sure didn't effect him at all.