PDA

View Full Version : You know what really grinds my gears....

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I figured it may do our bodies some good to purge things that annoy us... so tell me... what really grinds your gears... (must be said like Peter Griffin).

You know what really grinds my gears...

http://blogs.messiah.edu/wp-content/blogs/39/uploads//grinds-my-gears1.jpg

When I bust my butt at work, day in and day out, as well as helping OTHERS, and they are the ones that get the glory, credit, praise for a job well done, AND a raise... THAT really grinds my gears!!!!

All of this AND said person... wouldn't have been able to complete the project at hand without me fixing EVERYTHING about it!!!

I am secure that I will keep my job which is good in this trying economy... HOWEVER, sometimes just keeping the job isn't enough, where's my slice of the pie?!?!?

GAHHH! I feel a little better... now it's your turn!

Dino 6 Rings
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
When a food place I stop is out of the food I want. Example.

Last night I took the kids to KFC to pick up dinner to bring home. It was like 5:30pm. So I go in order the chicken and the sides and the guy looks at me and says "we are out of mac and cheese"

Right then I wanted to reach across the counter, grab the teenage punk by the scruff of the neck and scream in his face "WTF Do you mean you are out of Mac & Cheese! Its only 5:30 in the afternoon! You're open another 5 hours at least, How the HECK Did you Run out of a freaking Major Side Item you dumb mother effer!"

Of coarse I didn't, cause my daugthers were with me....but man, that really Grinds My Gears.

Godfather
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Last night I took the kids to KFC to pick up dinner to bring home. It was like 5:30pm. So I go in order the chicken and the sides and the guy looks at me and says "we are out of mac and cheese"

Right then I wanted to reach across the counter, grab the teenage punk by the scruff of the neck and scream in his face "WTF Do you mean you are out of Mac & Cheese! Its only 5:30 in the afternoon! You're open another 5 hours at least, How the HECK Did you Run out of a freaking Major Side Item you dumb mother effer!"

Of coarse I didn't, cause my daugthers were with me....but man, that really Grinds My Gears.

Well, that's the manager's fault, not the peon at the register.

When I was in college there was a fried chicken place in the University Center food court that was always out of chicken.

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM

GAH - This really grinds my gears too!!! I know it isn't the cashier or serves fault, but I get this a lot at Chili's I go there for ONE THING... and ONE THING ONLY... Southwest Egg Rolls... and not once but three different occasions they've been out of them... HELLOOOO if they are THAT popular, keep them on back order and make sure you HAVE THEM!!! If they move that fast, you'll use them up... if not call me I'll come eat them... and they're FROZEN, it's not like they make it fresh each day!!! Give me a break! That really grinds my gears! (thank you for playing!)

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
those who will waste a minute waiting for a spot in a parking lot to avoid 10 extra seconds of walking.

its like driving 10 miles to save 2 cents a gallon on gas. :dang:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
People who think they 'KNOW IT ALL' , really chap my butt.

I see it constantly on these boards. I admit my knowledge of football is limited compared to some other members, and that is one reason why I come here... to gain more insight and to LEARN more about the game (esp. the draft..which I am not very astute on). But some of these people are so darn stubborn and never seem to listen, with an open mind, to any opinion that differs from their own. Is it really such an awful thing to admit that SOMETIMES, someone else might have a little more insight into the topic being discussed, than you do???? It all comes down to pride. It takes humility to admit things such as ....you are right and I am wrong..etc. Too many egos at war on these boards. *It doesn't just happen on these boards but in life in general..I am just using that as an example.

Btw..sorry for what is happening with you at work, kitten. I understand, all too well, what you are going through.

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
those who will waste a minute waiting for a spot in a parking lot to avoid 10 extra seconds of walking.

Ugh, I hate parking lot stalkers!!! I would rather walk from the end of the lot to avoid the hassle of waiting behind them, waiting for someone else, that's taking 5 minutes extra to put on lipstick or check out themselves in the mirror or choose a new CD before pulling out of the spot... blech!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
People who think they 'KNOW IT ALL' , really chap my butt.

I see it constantly on these boards. I admit my knowledge of football is limited compared to some other members, and that is one reason why I come here... to gain more insight and to LEARN more about the game (esp. the draft..which I am not very astute on). But some of these people are so darn stubborn and never seem to listen, with an open mind, to any opinion that differs from their own. Is it really such an awful thing to admit that SOMETIMES, someone else might have a little more insight into the topic being discussed, than you do???? It all comes down to pride. It takes humility to admit things such as ....you are right and I am wrong..etc. Too many egos at war on these boards. *It doesn't just happen on these boards but in life in general..I am just using that as an example.

Btw..sorry for what is happening with you at work, kitten. I understand, all too well, what you are going through.

Thank you girl! And I agree - I'm on these boards to chat and to learn as well, I've felt very welcomed here - I wish all boards were this way! Good thing to add, definitely!

Dino 6 Rings
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
The "cash check" at the Walmart check out line. That grinds me gears.

You know, you've found a line that doesn't seem so bad, you start putting your full cart worths of groceries on the belt and then the person in front of you pulls out either a Pay Check or a State Check and starts the process of cashing it and paying for the items they just bought.

Holy Crap....I just spent nearly an hour in this store, bumping carts, looking for food items you've moved again to make it more efficient, waiting in food aisles behind little ole ladies that park their cart in the middle of the lane and slowly read the ingrediants of canned veggies, had to battle for the last ripe bunch of bananas with a kid that just wanted to do monkey impressions, and now...at the end, you're Cashing Your Pay Check!

Dude! Get the FKC OUT OF LINE and get a mother EFFING BANK ACCOUNT Like the Rest of NORMAL PEOPLE!

I hate that so much. It really, Grinds My Gears!

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
It's a seasonal thing(Christmas and Valentines Day)..but....all those....

"Every kiss begins with Kay" AND " AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, he went to Jared" commercials :banging: :puke:

I watch ESPN pretty much all the time, and every other commercial is one of those two. Enough already lol.

MACH1
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
What really burns my ass is after getting gas you run in to pay, trying to get in and out as quickly a possible. And some dip sh*t is at the counter with a fist full of scratched lottery tickets getting them checked for winners. Then they buy how ever many they can with the winnings and f'n stand there and scratch them off and start the whole process over. :mad:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
1) People at work who sing out loud...but only know about 1/4 of the song. Nothing helps to make a good work enviroment like wanting to poke your eyeball out with a fork.

2) Drama Queens/Kings.....If you have to treat each breakup/tummy-ache/hurt feeling like you are a) dying...b) suicidal...c) both. Grow the EFF up!!!!!....When you REALLY do have the "Wolf of Problems" at your door...Noone is going to believe it...want to hear it ....or care!!!...so PRIORITIZE!!..and quit acting like its the end of the world when the you break up with "Mr. Youknewhimfortwoweeks."

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM

"Every kiss begins with Kay" AND " AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, he went to Jared" commercials :banging: :puke:

I watch ESPN pretty much all the time, and every other commercial is one of those two. Enough already lol.

UGHHHH I hate those commercials... honestly... I always say (and I get this from my father)... "He went to Jared... and paid WAY too much!!!!" - they over price everything there!!! :puke: is right!

UGH DINO!!! I feel you!!! Wal-mart is the bane of my grocery shopping days!!! We have less of that issue now that there's a money center in our wal-mart but still... it drives me crazy...

You know what really grinds my gears?
The people at walmart using coupons and lists from OTHER stores to get a great deal... I GET saving a buck... I GET using a few... but when it takes you 30 minutes to check out due to this... it's annoying as hell!!!! I think they need a specified line for this!!! OTHER STORE COUPON ISLE!

We try to avoid these at all costs - when I see a notebook in the buyers hand I know to run!!!

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
What really burns my ass is after getting gas you run in to pay, trying to get in and out as quickly a possible. And some dip sh*t is at the counter with a fist full of scratched lottery tickets getting them checked for winners. Then they buy how ever many they can with the winnings and f'n stand there and scratch them off and start the whole process over. :mad:

That is annoying.

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
1) People at work who sing out loud...but only know about 1/4 of the song. Nothing helps to make a good work enviroment like wanting to poke your eyeball out with a fork.

2) Drama Queens/Kings.....If you have to treat each breakup/tummy-ache/hurt feeling like you are a) dying...b) suicidal...c) both. Grow the EFF up!!!!!....When you REALLY do have the "Wolf of Problems" at your door...Noone is going to believe it...want to hear it ....or care!!!...so PRIORITIZE!!..and quit acting like its the end of the world when the you break up with "Mr. Youknewhimfortwoweeks."

"Mr. Youknewhimfortwoweeks" - I LOVE IT! :sofunny:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
UGHHHH I hate those commercials... honestly... I always say (and I get this from my father)... "He went to Jared... and paid WAY too much!!!!" - they over price everything there!!! :puke: is right!

UGH DINO!!! I feel you!!! Wal-mart is the bane of my grocery shopping days!!! We have less of that issue now that there's a money center in our wal-mart but still... it drives me crazy...

The people at walmart using coupons and lists from OTHER stores to get a great deal... I GET saving a buck... I GET using a few... but when it takes you 30 minutes to check out due to this... it's annoying as hell!!!! I think they need a specified line for this!!! OTHER STORE COUPON ISLE!

We try to avoid these at all costs - when I see a notebook in the buyers hand I know to run!!!

Oh, you are referring to using a Kmart coupon to get a better deal at Wal-mart for example?....when I first read your post I thought you were referring to people who use coupons in general..whew... :chuckle:. I was going to say....then you would HATE ME lol...because I use coupons ALL the time...at the grocery store especially.

SCSTILLER
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Is people just cruising in the fast/passing lane on the highway holding up traffic for miles. It is not a flipping cruising lane, it is a passing lane. Get the EFF over and get in the lane you belong. When I pass you, I will get the EFF over and let the people faster than me pass. I guess spending so much time in Germany/Europe has made me realize how idiotic American drivers are!

Hope I don't offend any fast lane hanger outers!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
No no... Steelcitygal - COUPONS GOOD! Holding up the line with sale pages from another store... BADDDD!!! I love coupons! Usually they are quick and easy though... scan, type in something and DONE... usually the sale papers call the manager into play, the waiting for approval etc!!!

I AGREE 100% SCSTILLER... AND what else grinds my gears... PEOPLE THAT DON'T USE BLINKERS!!!!!!!!! And those that chat on their cell phones and drive slow and horribly as a result!!!

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Please see my "Grinds my Gears" thread from last year:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27289

:chuckle:

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
What really grinds my gears is when high level executives make decisions on letting employees go without really understanding the process that they perform and then expect those who don't really perform the job to pick up the slack.

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM

See my points #41 & #42 in the above link.

:thumbsup:

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM

I have actually deleted DVR'ed programs when I noticed a Jared commercial, simply on principle that I won't support a show that allows crappy commercials.

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Speaking of which...I rarely go to Wal Mart but have to occasionally. One thing I have noticed is that a good portion of people that shop at those stores lack basic hygiene. You would think “Well, I’m running to the store, at least I will throw on a hat and use some deodorant”. I mean, I have done the disheveled 3:00am shopping trip before and looked worse for wear, but when your at Wal Mart with the family on a Saturday afternoon and you look like Tom Hanks after a year on that island in Cast Away.

People are slobs…

Steel Mountain
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
One thing that REALLY burns my ass....is a flame...bout 2 feet high.
One thing that REALLY chaps my ass is a cold draft in the outhouse.
The thing that REALLY grinds my gears, is my wife when she drives my truck. Does it all the time. She says "If I can`t find, I must grind em!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM

DOH! I knew I couldn't be that original!!! Sorry!!! Blame it on me being a semi newb! :wave:

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Speaking of which...I rarely go to Wal Mart but have to occasionally. One thing I have noticed is that a good portion of people that shop at those stores lack basic hygiene. You would think “Well, I’m running to the store, at least I will throw on a hat and use some deodorant”. I mean, I have done the disheveled 3:00am shopping trip before and looked worse for wear, but when your at Wal Mart with the family on a Saturday afternoon and you look like Tom Hanks after a year on that island in Cast Away.

People are slobs…

Buh! Tell me about it!!! Although I will say... it's nice to know I won't go noticed if I go to Walmart hung over, drunk, dirty, or fresh from a canoe run... some people at the walmarts in my neck of the woods may even begin to think I'm coming to them simply by walking by covered in creek water *shivers* :puke:

They definitely don't win any prizes for beauty in the Florence/Muscle Shoals Walmarts here in Alabama!

TeeJay
02-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Mine are all UK related, but I'm sure you'll get the drift! The order has been changed to protect the less heinous! :wink02:

1.Reality TV, and all the Stars in Their, So and so has Talent, Dancing on Ice, Come Dancing bullsh*t that frequents a Saturday night on UK Terrestial TV thesedays......I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here would be fun if they were all packed into a giant meat grinder!.......and no-one was voted off!
2.Celebrity wannabees...........:m16:
3.Politicians...........(when they give themselves a payrise, then vote amongst themselves to protect their pensions, whilst totally f**king up everyone elses, you just know they have their constituencies at heart).
4.Newsreaders.........(Yes, we know the world ecomony is f**ked up, but you don't have to remind us EVERY day how we're all doomed, and then smile whilst telling us)

That's it....grump over......for now! :wink02:

SteelCurtain7
02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
When I'm sleeping at 3:30 in the morning, and I hear this guy in the adjoining apartment saying, "How about a hunk of cheese?" I tell him what time it is, and all he can say is, "I'm on craaaaaaaaack!" :rofl:

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM

AHHHHH!!!! That used to be one of my daily complaints! I used to work in a little gas out in the sticks in high school and EVERY DAY I would have to kick this one guy out away from the counter because he would constantly do that exact thing. If you just let him do it, he would stand there for a half hour or so like he was the only person in the world. He would try this routine every day.

I had one other guy that would come in 2 days a week (at least) on his lunch break and get lottery tickets and then buy more with the winnings. He at least had the decency to take the tickets out to his car and scratch them off and then walk back in to get more.

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
I dont have that problem in NJ. Someone asks me what I want then fills my car up accepts payment and Im on my way.
2 Trips ago to Pittsburgh I actually had to ask someone how to turn the pump on that was embarrising.:banging:

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
As for what grinds my gears. I really hate it when my wife buys the super size rolls of toilet paper that are so big they tear off a piece way too small because they cant turn.:mad:

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
....having to break wind on a crowded plane.

because sometimes you just gotta suck it up and let 'er rip. you can only hold it for so long, and you know if you get up to go to the bathroom you will drop an aerosol ass bomb on somebodys lap.

oh well, its not like you will ever see the people again, and it softens the blow if you chuckle afterwards.

YES! im that person who farts on planes! if i have to experience discomfort, EVERYBODY will! :muhaha:

EDIT- perhaps this shouldve gone in the "things that make my day" thread.

TeeJay
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

because sometimes you just gotta suck it up and let 'er rip. you can only hold it for so long, and you know if you get up to go to the bathroom you will drop an aerosol ass bomb on somebodys lap.

oh well, its not like you will ever see the people again, and it softens the blow if you chuckle afterwards.

YES! im that person who farts on planes! if i have to experience discomfort, EVERYBODY will! :muhaha:

You weren't on a flight from Gatwick to Crete about 10 years ago were you?

Either that or someone had wheeled a dead body on board!

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM

EDIT- perhaps this shouldve gone in the "things that make my day" thread.

SBDs on elevators are great also. Especially when you are with someone who knows it was you just because they are familiar of the stench. . :toofunny:

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
What really grinds my gears is when I go to get a glass of juice or tea from the fridge and there is none left in the carton/pitcher. My fiance has a HORRIBLE habit of leaving none/or a few drops of said liquid instead of just throwing it away or making more. My Dad would do the same thing growing up. He had both my Mom and I ragging on him about it constantly though and he still did it. I think it's has to be some kind of male conspiracy though.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
what REALLY grinds my gears is...

when my shoe comes untied in public...

i get the hiccups for 4 hours straight...

i ask someone the time and someone replies with the time...yet, someone out of the blue correct them on the "real" time. example: "hey Joe, what time is it?" "well, Bob...it's 7:25." then Glen from out of nowhere says, "actually, it's 7:23!" i want to punch Glen in the neck! haha!

when there is always ONE person who hates the movie and tries to convince people it sucked by saying, "it was GAY!" i'm not a fan of passive agressive gay bashing..period.

people who SAY they guessed the ending to "The Sixth Sense."

people who act like they don't fart...come on idiot...you know the truth! haha!

when you are texting or talking to someone on the phone and the person you are with just HAS to know who it is you are texting/talking to and they won't stop until you tell them the entire conversation between you and this person! UGH!

when you have to explain your jokes to people...stupid!

when you have a hole in your sock and you didn't know it until you step in a puddle.

dog poop. that explains A LOT.

people who still think The Doors are amazing and the greatest band in the world. not true.

people who ask me stupid questions about my tattoos. they never go away and they ask the dumbest shit like, "does that ink in your skin keep you warm in the winter?" i said, "no moron...it's still skin!" (true story)

the worst is...people who ALWAYS have some stupid ass comment to say about the Steelers and it's out of sheer jealous and spite. if Ben throws a pick, there is always one guy saying, "how about that Ben interception!?" i say "how about you go f*ck hot tar you jag off!?"

the list can go on and on...

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
the worst is when my girlfriend poops with the door open. i yell and slam the door...only to blow the smell right back in my face. it took me a few times to realize i should just let her go. but i have to put my foot down somewhere! haha!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
What really grinds my gears is when I go to get a glass of juice or tea from the fridge and there is none left in the carton/pitcher. My fiance has a HORRIBLE habit of leaving none/or a few drops of said liquid instead of just throwing it away or making more. My Dad would do the same thing growing up. He had both my Mom and I ragging on him about it constantly though and he still did it. I think it's has to be some kind of male conspiracy though.

ugh, that drives me nuts!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
the worst is when my girlfriend poops with the door open. i yell and slam the door...only to blow the smell right back in my face. it took me a few times to realize i should just let her go. but i have to put my foot down somewhere! haha!

I am sure she'll love that we all know that now! There truly DOES have to be some type of mystery somewhere in a relationship, and THAT is one time it's a plus to have mystery!

DOO DOO with the DOOR CLOSED!

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Did you ever see Harlem Knights? Della Reese wants to get some Orange juice and goes off on Red Fox for over a minute for leaving only a "swallow in the container".
I love that movie.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
i can't stop posting...i keep thinking of annoying shit to talk about! haha!

George Bush.

when you ask someone, "do you know a (fill in a name of someone you know)?" and they say, "no. but i know a (fill in the name of someone who sort of, kind of, maybe resembles the name of the person you mentioned.)" EX: "do you know a Clark Johnson?" they reply "no, but i know a Mark Jackson." i reply "you'r a waste of time."

when my girlfriend asks me "do i look fat in this?" and they are SWEATPANTS!!!

Thom Yorke from Radiohead...his lazy eye freaks me out.

people who didn't laugh at Joe Dirt or do nothing but quote Anchorman. ugh!

the name Donovan.

the penny.

people who put the f-word in the middle of a word. like, "the Holmes catch was incredible!" that just sounds dumb and very over the top.

TeeJay
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM

I'm hoping that's the bathroom door, and not the front door! Cause that would just be wrong on many levels of wrongness! :flap:

And surely, lady doo doo - as I'm always informed - smells of Rose's! (Although I'm also always informed that Ladies never do do doo doo). :doh: :wave:

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm hoping that's the bathroom door, and not the front door! Cause that would just be wrong on many levels of wrongness! :flap:

And surely, lady doo doo - as I'm always informed - smells of Rose's! (Although I'm also always informed that Ladies never do do doo doo). :doh: :wave:

actually, it's the refrigerator door! HAHA!

is it just me, or does girls poop smell worse than guys!?

(i'm so glad it's the off season...we can FINALLY talk about poop!)

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
actually, it's the refrigerator door! HAHA!

is it just me, or does girls poop smell worse than guys!?

(i'm so glad it's the off season...we can FINALLY talk about poop!)

No way! It smells like a fresh mountain rain of course! And we fart daisies of course too. :flap:

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
You know what really grinds my gears??

#1.When I get roped going into a chick flick and then have to listen to every girl in the theatre go "awwwww" every 15 friggin seconds

#2. At that same movie I go "awwwww" to show them what they sound like and I end up getting smacked by my girl haha

#3. Hell while we're on the topic, people talking in movie theatres in general. I have gotten in many an argument that started like this

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
No way! It smells like a fresh mountain rain of course! And we fart daisies of course too. :flap:

yeah, if it was a diasy growing out of the butthole of a dead corpse pulled from the sewage plant behind the humane society euthanasia depot!!!! haha!

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:16 PM

#1.When I get roped going into a chick flick and then have to listen to every girl in the theatre go "awwwww" every 15 friggin seconds

#2. At that same movie I go "awwwww" to show them what they sound like and I end up getting smacked by my girl haha

#3. Hell while we're on the topic, people talking in movie theatres in general. I have gotten in many an argument that started like this

DUDE! i just went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" tonight. it was good...but not a dry eye in the theatre! it was ridiculous. i mean, i get the movie and i can understand why everyone enjoyed it. but it was a SEROUS eye opener for any type of relationship out there. it was insane the people crying and laughing and kissing and whispering "i love you!" *gag*

so, in a way, i know what you are talking about! =)

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
DUDE! i just went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" tonight. it was good...but not a dry eye in the theatre! it was ridiculous. i mean, i get the movie and i can understand why everyone enjoyed it. but it was a SEROUS eye opener for any type of relationship out there. it was insane the people crying and laughing and kissing and whispering "i love you!" *gag*

so, in a way, i know what you are talking about! =)

Funny you say that, because the scenarios I brought up were from THAT same movie this past Saturday night! haha I even told my girl that it wasn't a horrible movie, but just the pure fact that I was one of like 2 or 3 guys in the theater and every girl was crying and awwwwing drove me out of my frieken mind

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Funny you say that, because the scenarios I brought up were from THAT same movie this past Saturday night! haha I even told my girl that it wasn't a horrible movie, but just the pure fact that I was one of like 2 or 3 guys in the theater and every girl was crying and awwwwing drove me out of my frieken mind

i glanced over...my girls lip was trembling and her eyes caked with tears...i said, "what the hell!?" haha!

i did enjoy the movie. it was beyond the truth about how it really happens out there. guys act like they don't care...they do and girls over analyze relationships and sometimes are super self destructive. i was rooting for Ben and Jen in the movie. Neil and Beth...that was a nice was to propose...with the ring in the cruddy jeans. exciting! haha!

*i'm so homo right now!* haha!

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
haha yea like I said, it was a good movie but that atmosphere killed it for me haha. That happens at a lot of the chick flicks I get dragged to. I really end up not minding the movie, but I just feel like a straight up homo because I'm the only guy there haha

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
people who put the f-word in the middle of a word. like, "the Holmes catch was in-f*cking-credible!" haha! that just sounds dumb and very over the top.

haha! :wink02:

people who complain about everything.

people who are annoyed by everything that surrounds them in a constant state of annoyal, annoyment, and annoyeditude.

people who scowl, bitch, complain, and are annoyed about long lines for amusement park rides. you are there for amusement and to have fun, right?

my gf and inlaws went to vegas for thanksgiving. all they did was bitch about the crowds, and foreigners, and people, and lines for food. and here im thinking, we're in freaking vegas! shouldnt we be THANKFULL and have fun?

:banging:

its nice to be laid back. being annoyed and having gears grind pisses me off. i'd much rather avoid it....

but there are those certain things.

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
haha! :wink02:

people who complain about everything.

people who are annoyed by everything that surrounds them in a constant state of annoyal, annoyment, and annoyeditude.

people who scowl, bitch, complain, and are annoyed about long lines for amusement park rides. you are there for amusement and to have fun, right?

my gf and inlaws went to vegas for thanksgiving. all they did was bitch about the crowds, and foreigners, and people, and lines for food. and here im thinking, we're in freaking vegas! shouldnt we be THANKFULL and have fun?

:banging:

its nice to be laid back. being annoyed and having gears grind pisses me off. i'd much rather avoid it....

but there are those certain things.

I second this one. haha I really try to enjoy everything and be as optimistic as possible. I cannot stand when people try to twist everything negative. If you spend your life trying to pick out the bad things, then you're gonna have a shitty life. Just try to appreciate the good!

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Rap Music.

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I love my friends, but my best friend since high school has a really annoying quirk about her and that's when we go out to eat she has a laundry list of special demands put onto her food and is never satisfied with it when it comes to the table. She's usually a real laid back person and doesn't complain about too much (except slow drivers lol), but this is just one time when she just cannot contain herself and it makes me want to shake her.

Oh and Carrot Top....man does his face really grind my gears.

Godfather
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
i glanced over...my girls lip was trembling and her eyes caked with tears...i said, "what the hell!?" haha!

i did enjoy the movie. it was beyond the truth about how it really happens out there. guys act like they don't care...they do and girls over analyze relationships and sometimes are super self destructive. i was rooting for Ben and Jen in the movie. Neil and Beth...that was a nice was to propose...with the ring in the cruddy jeans. exciting! haha!

Nothing will ever be as bad as Titanic.

My sister saw that one with some guy who tried to put on a sensitive act by crying when Leeeeeeeeeeeoooo died. She just rolled her eyes...I don't think she cared for Titanic.

MACH1
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I love my friends, but my best friend since high school has a really annoying quirk about her and that's when we go out to eat she has a laundry list of special demands put onto her food and is never satisfied with it when it comes to the table. She's usually a real laid back person and doesn't complain about too much (except slow drivers lol), but this is just one time when she just cannot contain herself and it makes me want to shake her.

Oh and Carrot Top....man does his face really grind my gears.

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/carrot-top.jpg:toofunny::toofunny:

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Nothing will ever be as bad as Titanic.

My sister saw that one with some guy who tried to put on a sensitive act by crying when Leeeeeeeeeeeoooo died. She just rolled her eyes...I don't think she cared for Titanic.

it is Leonardo DiCaprio's ONE fault as an actor. i love every one of his movies, except Titanic. it was highly overrated and extremely boring. but it's special effects and it's epic nature was really good. other than that...eh. not a big deal. haha!

i hated when people were going around quoting Napolean Dynamite. i have a handful of friends who STILL do that. *sigh* lame.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/carrot-top.jpg:toofunny::toofunny:

apparently, the drapes match the carpet! HAHA!

probably in color and in length! haha!

tony hipchest

when there is always ONE person who hates the movie and tries to convince people it sucked by saying, "it was GAY!" i'm not a fan of passive agressive gay bashing..period.

double talk like this mildly peeves me.

DUDE!

male c0ckgazers are kind of annoying.

SteelCityKing
i hate when people correct me when i say "alot" instead of "a lot." it's ONE space people. don't get all flustered about it. geez! ha!

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM

right after i posted that, i said to myself, "man! someone is going to bust my chops for that one." and...i was right. sorry to peeve you man, it wasn't my intention. just me double talking like a douchebag! =)

i don't like when people b*tch about the weather. it's like, what are you REALLY going to do about it? change it!? make it better...sunnier...breezier!? are you an X-Men and you can do that!? it's the weather...it'll pass...get over it.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:56 PM
the song "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Segar. this song makes me sick to my stomach.

i also hate "Bohemian Rapsody" by Queen and people who STILL think Kurt Cobain is a genius. i'll have to respectfully disagree when it comes to a guy who shot himself over a drug addiction. sorry.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM

DUDE!

haha.......:popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
:toofunny:

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Rap Music.

i agree. although, i DO enjoy Hip Hop. there is a very fine difference...contrary to popular belief. but i like Hip Hop as opposed to rap.

Rap: 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, Eminem, Ludacris, P. Diddy, DMX, and T.I.

Hip Hop: Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, K-os, (old) Wu-Tang Clan, Run DMC, and (old) Snoop Dogg and (old) Ice Cube.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM

DUDE!

DUDE!? how can you NOT look there!? he is built like a female bodybuilder!!!

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM

http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/14/images/2007/10/15/it.jpg

http://www.makemeheal.com/news/images/carrot-top-plastic-surgery.jpg

The man is pure evil, I'm sure of it!

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM

This is why I invested in a 60" 1080P HDTV, a Blu Ray player and a high end 7.1 surround system for my house.

Never again will I overpay for a theater experience again....plus, I can pause it to pee or pass out and rewind!

Hammer67
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM
i agree. although, i DO enjoy Hip Hop. there is a very fine difference...contrary to popular belief. but i like Hip Hop as opposed to rap.

Rap: 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, Eminem, Ludacris, P. Diddy, DMX, and T.I.

Hip Hop: Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, K-os, (old) Wu-Tang Clan, Run DMC, and (old) Snoop Dogg and (old) Ice Cube.

It's all rap to me and it all still sucks....IMHO....although Mos Def is now more of an actor...

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
right after i posted that, i said to myself, "man! someone is going to bust my chops for that one." and...i was right. sorry to peeve you man, it wasn't my intention. just me double talking like a douchebag! =)

just busting your chops.

however ragging on bob segar will earn you a stern looking at... :wtf:

GBMelBlount
02-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I love my friends, but my best friend since high school has a really annoying quirk about her and that's when we go out to eat she has a laundry list of special demands put onto her food and is never satisfied with it when it comes to the table.

I wonder if she has any idea what they really do to her food when they take it back to the kitchen after she complains :chuckle:

hindes204
02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I cant stand the people who order a supersized mcdonalds meal, and then ask for a DIET coke

hindes204
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
People who bash the military, especially when they bash the veterans of foreign wars

hindes204
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Liberals.....i know im gonna get destroyed for this one, but hey, at least i stick to my beliefs

GBMelBlount
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
People who bash the military, especially when they bash the veterans of foreign wars

Amen brother. :drink:

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
People who have the eating habits of farm animals. I can't stand to eat out with someone who chomps and chews like a cow chewing its cud. Keep your freakin' food in your mouth - I don't want it on my clothes or on the side of my face!!! I'll also include here those who have to loudly suck every drop of sauce off their fingers like they'll just die a slow and painful death if they don't get every last drop :horror:

Those who will give you the "handshake of peace" during Mass but will run you over getting out of the parking lot when Mass is over.

Back seat drivers.

People who don't bother to do a little homework before making a direct statement and then boo hoo and play the victim when they're called on it. I see it here every day. :banging:

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Liberals.....i know im gonna get destroyed for this one, but hey, at least i stick to my beliefs:toofunny: you'll have rose petals thrown in your wake...

bigots, racists, and prejudiced people who try to pigeonhole a wide and diverse population into a single classification, grind my gears. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
:mad: When I sit on hold with Verizon for 30 minutes listening to "your approximate hold time is less than 5 minutes." over and over and over. :banging:

TheWarDen86
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
bigots, racists, and prejudiced people who try to pigeonhole a wide and diverse population into a single classification, grind my gears. :noidea:

Baahh, you white, south western libs are all the same. :chuckle: :laughing:

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah, if it was a diasy growing out of the butthole of a dead corpse pulled from the sewage plant behind the humane society euthanasia depot!!!! haha!

Yikes what are you feeding your girl!!! That sounds rancid!!! :wink02:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
People who make a big show of telling you how much you can trust them and then go and blab everything you confided in them to other people..... that really ticks me off.

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::toofu nny::applaudit:

i havent laughed so hard in a long time! Man the truth is funnier than fiction 100% of the time!! i also found my self nodding and saying yep that gets me too on at least 42 of those you listed :thumbsup:

touchdownward
02-10-2009, 09:58 PM

I once stopped at a Taco Bell in Eufala, Ala that was out of refried beans!!!!

What the hell, it was probably for the best, it was a long ride home in a closed up car. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM
- Networks that think they're about "sports journalism" but are really nothing more than SoapNet for professional sports (BSPN, I'm calling you out)

- The landlord sending a maintenance man into your apartment to fix something, but didn't let you know ahead of time (happened to me today)

- Whiners and crybabies. I swear, this country has turned into a nation full of them. A lot of people aren't happy unless they're bitching about something, and nobody can accept when things don't go your way (Shehawks and Cards fans, I'm talking to you)

- Women who waste bandwidth on a SPORTS message board chasing every man who shows them even passing attention. I mean, what's the point? If you're looking for Mr. Right, try lovelessandpathetic.com, or better yet, get off the computer and go find a life. You ain't going to find him here. I put "Mr. Wrong" as my user title for a reason. Keeps the flies off, if you know what I mean.

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Men who are CONCEITED enough to think that every woman who comes in contact with them is powerless to resist their "charm" and wit. :rolleyes:

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
:popcorn:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
:popcorn:

LOL saw where that was headed...didn't ya? :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL saw where that was headed...didn't ya? :wink02: i see nothing....just got the munchies...:chuckle:

X-Terminator
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
People who assume too much. You know what you do when you "assume..."

pittsburghp8baller
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM

yea i gotta agree with you, this is one of my biggest things that piss me off

MACH1
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM

Umm, thanks for pointing that out. :wtf:

DUDE!

male c0ckgazers are kind of annoying. :busted:

GBMelBlount
02-11-2009, 05:49 AM
People who believe they have no control over their miserable lives, who blame all of their problems on everybody else, and a government that reinforces that.

sixstringlass
02-11-2009, 06:38 AM
How the IRS is taking that stimulus check I got last year out of my tax return THIS year. (Now I see how they planned to pay for it all... )

Stupid drivers who won't slow down on icy roads and do thousands of dollars worth of damage to my PARKED car!!!

People who take one look at me and think I am a moron.

Spitting.

Lying.

kittenfantastico76
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
You know what really grinds my gears? JOHN MAYER! He's SUCH a douche bag!

http://paulidin.com/media/ThatsEnoughJohnMayer.jpg

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 11:50 AM
How the IRS is taking that stimulus check I got last year out of my tax return THIS year. (Now I see how they planned to pay for it all... )

Stupid drivers who won't slow down on icy roads and do thousands of dollars worth of damage to my PARKED car!!!

Spitting.

Lying.

how do you think i feel!? i'm walking around with 1-1/2 gauged ears and throat, hand, and full sleeve tattoos! i get looked at like the circus just walked into town and little kids stop and stare like i was Santa. it's annoying as all hell...but...i know i did it to myself and i should expect that. but my gripe is that some people just aren't really open minded enough to not stare and gasp in horror. i guess some people are too old school and don't understand? either way...that REALLY grinds my gears.

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 11:52 AM
You know what really grinds my gears? JOHN MAYER! He's SUCH a douche bag!

http://paulidin.com/media/ThatsEnoughJohnMayer.jpg

i'm not a big John Mayer fan. BUT, his video for "Waiting on the World to Change" with all of those sick ass grafitti artists was pretty amazing. aside from that goon walking up and down the rivers and sidewalks, the video featured legendary artist Futura ripping out this sick piece on a "pre planned grafitti wall." nevertheless, John Mayer sucks and that video rocked.

GBMelBlount
02-11-2009, 12:00 PM
but my gripe is that some people just aren't really open minded enough to not stare and gasp in horror. i guess some people are too old school and don't understand?

That's me! :chuckle:

j/k, I actually know many freaks shows......errrr, ummmm, I meant people.....that have all that stuff going on and are incredibly nice and genuinely good people.

Seriously though, I don't particularly like it, but I honestly try never to judge or dislike ANYONE based on how they express themselves with tattoos, etc. NEVER judge a book by it's cover.

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
That's me! :chuckle:

LOL! i was waiting for someone to comeback on that one.

the fact of the matter is, i can't explain WHY i do it...just that i do it because i can. m profession allows me and it's something that i'm really into. OR, i could be a total a-hole and just say, "well, it's my body and i can do what i want!" but i won't. it's the truth, but that's just a cop out for people who do it to fit in or to piss off their parents.

honestly, i tell people, it doesn't bother God...so why should it bother you? God won't care what i do to my body when i get to heaven. God cares about how you respect your spirit and who you are as a person. atleast, that's what i believe. =)

other than that, i can't argue with the old school cats in the room telling me i look like a douche. too bad old timers...i don't care anymore.

Hammer67
02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
LOL! i was waiting for someone to comeback on that one.

the fact of the matter is, i can't explain WHY i do it...just that i do it because i can. m profession allows me and it's something that i'm really into. OR, i could be a total a-hole and just say, "well, it's my body and i can do what i want!" but i won't. it's the truth, but that's just a cop out for people who do it to fit in or to piss off their parents.

honestly, i tell people, it doesn't bother God...so why should it bother you? God won't care what i do to my body when i get to heaven. God cares about how you respect your spirit and who you are as a person. atleast, that's what i believe. =)

other than that, i can't argue with the old school cats in the room telling me i look like a douche. too bad old timers...i don't care anymore.

Hey, some cultures look at that stuff as class prestige within the culture...like the african tribes that put all those metal rings around women's necks to extend them. Unfortunately, in our culture, it is not the norm and those reactions are what you get.

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey, some cultures look at that stuff as class prestige within the culture...like the african tribes that put all those metal rings around women's necks to extend them. Unfortunately, in our culture, it is not the norm and those reactions are what you get.

oh yeah. i know what you mean. i've read up on all of that stuff. i had to for my tattoo apprenticeship and i understand it and i respect it. but...some people don't and they look at you like you are walking around lit on fire. it's crazy. but, i'm used to it. i put myself in their shoes and i can see why they say or act they way they do. i don't judge them...atleast not until you make a stupid comment verbally do i get jacked and lash out. it's like "look...but don't talk.'

Hammer67
02-11-2009, 12:17 PM
oh yeah. i know what you mean. i've read up on all of that stuff. i had to for my tattoo apprenticeship and i understand it and i respect it. but...some people don't and they look at you like you are walking around lit on fire. it's crazy. but, i'm used to it. i put myself in their shoes and i can see why they say or act they way they do. i don't judge them...atleast not until you make a stupid comment verbally do i get jacked and lash out. it's like "look...but don't talk.' haha!

As a hiring manager, I have some guys with full body tattoos, at least all the way down their arms. But, my engineers work in a data center and aren't in front of the public. If I was hiring for customer facing positions, I would take that into consideration, unfortunatley.

KeiselPower99
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Spitting.

Lying.
Effen Bull$hit right there.

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
As a hiring manager, I have some guys with full body tattoos, at least all the way down their arms. But, my engineers work in a data center and aren't in front of the public. If I was hiring for customer facing positions, I would take that into consideration, unfortunatley.

that makes total sense. as a manager you have to focus primarily on customer relations. that is, if you face the customer regularly. if not, then tattoos and body piercings shouldn't be too much of a hassle. i work nights at Wal mart. they can't NOT hired you because of tattoos. they believe in equal opportunity for all people, you know what i mean? but luckily, my interface moments are during the day...at a tattoo shop. =)

kittenfantastico76
02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
UGH... OCTO-MOM... wtf is WRONG with this woman?!?!? Seriously... she's now asking for handouts and donations.. here's a novel idea... how about NOT knocking yourself up enough times to have a small village in your home!!!!

xfl2001fan
02-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Well, that's a lot of posts to read through...so if it's been said, I'll just have to accept the thrashing humbly.

When I'm watching a movie with someone and they ask what's getting ready to happen. Watch the movie and find out like THE REST OF US. It's one thing if you had to go to the bathroom and missed a scene, I'll catch you up. But what's going to happen next is going to happen NEXT.

When I'm reading a book and someone asks me what I'm reading....and then a number of other questions afterwards. If I wanted to have a conversation, I'd put the book away. If you are that interested in the book I'm reading, then go to your local library/book store and purchase the thing. There is always time to read in your day somewhere.

Last but not least...when I'm watching a movie I've not seen before and as we come up on the ending, someone "let's the cat out of the bag." Totally ruins the freaking movie for me...thanx and have a terrible day. I hope fleas from a thousand camels infest your hairy armpits. It happened while I was watching the Movie "Se7en" with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman.

MACH1
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
When I'm watching a movie with someone and they ask what's getting ready to happen. Watch the movie and find out like THE REST OF US.

When you have a six year old you get used to it. :flap:
Its like, are we there yet, are we there yet .........

SteelCityMom
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
UGH... OCTO-MOM... wtf is WRONG with this woman?!?!? Seriously... she's now asking for handouts and donations.. here's a novel idea... how about NOT knocking yourself up enough times to have a small village in your home!!!!

Yeah I never cared for this either. I understand wanting to have children, and I feel for women who struggle to have kids naturally, but all these hormone therapies are the reason we are seeing things like sextuplets and octuplets. It's not natural. You are endangering your own life and the childrens lives by having such a high risk pregnancy. Many of these children are born prematurely and with health problems. To me it would make more sense to adopt a child in need of a good home instead of playing the lottery with hormone therapy.

steelerbackr4life
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
This is why I invested in a 60" 1080P HDTV, a Blu Ray player and a high end 7.1 surround system for my house.

Never again will I overpay for a theater experience again....plus, I can pause it to pee or pass out and rewind!

Im with you! I love my Man Cave! I cant remember the last time I was at the movies.

kittenfantastico76
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah I never cared for this either. I understand wanting to have children, and I feel for women who struggle to have kids naturally, but all these hormone therapies are the reason we are seeing things like sextuplets and octuplets. It's not natural. You are endangering your own life and the childrens lives by having such a high risk pregnancy. Many of these children are born prematurely and with health problems. To me it would make more sense to adopt a child in need of a good home instead of playing the lottery with hormone therapy.

My biggest issue with her is that she already had what like 4-6 kids before this?!?! All were done through artificial insemination procedures! All were multi pregnancies... Seriously if you couldn't afford the first group why on EARTH do this again you're already a mom, and a mother to what I've heard is 3 kids with disabilities and she is already on public assistance for these kids with disabilities... now she's asking for donations... I'm sorry... that's crazy!!!

She'll have a book and lifetime movie out soon enough.. and be rich... *ROLLS EYES*

You know what else grinds my gears... LIFETIME!!! What a horrible, horrible channel!!!

SC Steeler Steve
02-11-2009, 11:25 PM

When I find a empty parking spot and I cant park in the F'er because some lazy sum bitch left thier freakin buggy in the damn parking space because they were to freakin lazy to push it to the buggy rack.

There are more gear grinders coming... :banging:

kittenfantastico76
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM

When I find a empty parking spot and I cant park in the F'er because some lazy sum bitch left thier freakin buggy in the damn parking space because they were to freakin lazy to push it to the buggy rack.

UGH I hate that too... and it's usually 10 feet from a buggy/cart return!!! A few weeks ago we parked at Wally World, and there were 4 abandon carts and I thought to myself if one of these rolls into my Jeep I'm going to be SO angry... low and behold we come out of Wally World and there is a buggy on my Jeep, it left a nice little mark but you would have thought it was a huge dent the way I went off on the slack jawed douches that shop there... not the actual person that did it just all of them in general... it TRULY grinds my gears... it's bad enough they can't put stuff where it goes, but the to have it ruin my personal property... SCREW THAT... you don't F with my jeep/car!!!! :banging:

SCSTILLER
02-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Or when I find an empty parking space and I cannot park in it 'cause the car next to it is taking up two spots.

Or, when I am in a space and the idiot who pulls in next to me parks so close I have to go through my hatch or the passengers side door to be able to get into my drivers seat.

Or, I remember when I first bought my car and was taking care of it I would park out in the boonies of the lot. I would have people, mind you there are 100's of empty spots around me, park next to me or just pull in front of me so I would have to back out. Somewhat humorous yes, but still flippin annoying!

SteelCurtain7
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
UGH I hate that too... and it's usually 10 feet from a buggy/cart return!!! A few weeks ago we parked at Wally World, and there were 4 abandon carts and I thought to myself if one of these rolls into my Jeep I'm going to be SO angry... low and behold we come out of Wally World and there is a buggy on my Jeep, it left a nice little mark but you would have thought it was a huge dent the way I went off on the slack jawed douches that shop there... not the actual person that did it just all of them in general... it TRULY grinds my gears... it's bad enough they can't put stuff where it goes, but the to have it ruin my personal property... SCREW THAT... you don't F with my jeep/car!!!! :banging:

This is a big problem at my Wally World too. All these slacking cartpushers flirting with their girlfriends and talking among themselves when they should be picking up carts REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!!!!!!!!!! :banging::mad:

SteelCityMom
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Uggghhh....I have to get this out somehow, somewhere, but my neighbors really grind my gears.

We live in an apartment complex right now, and have lived here for a little over a year now. I might get loud occasionally when I'm really mad, but I know that doesn't happen to often or for too long. My neighbors on the other hand, it's day in and day out with her and the kids. I feel bad and angry at the same time. I know she's a single mom with 3 kids and a job, but I hear how she talks to her kids, and it's beyond upset, it's brutal.

Our walls are a little thin, so if someone is loud enough, you can hear every word they say. I've heard her tell her kids that she wishes she could just leave and never come back, I hear her swearing at them and telling them to just leave her alone and just all the screaming that goes on there day to day.

I hate it and wish I could just go over there and talk to her about it or do anything possible about it, but I know it's not my place. I cringe everytime I hear arguments coming from over there though.

It's just, I know how it feels to be a single mom, I was for a while before I met my fiance. I know how there are days when you feel like your head is going to burst with frustration and you just want to scream all the time. What I don't get is how someone can take out those frustrations on their children, like they are the ones responsible for you having a bad day.

I guess it boils down to how much I hate when adults act like they are children and cannot express their emotions rationally. People like that project that behavior onto their children and only add to the mounting problems our society as a whole faces.

SteelCurtain7
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
What really grinds my gears...

Petulant trolls on our team's MB having no class or cojones. They shoot their big mouths off, get served left and right by everyone in the know, then cry and throw a hissy fit afterward. Boo-hoo. Suck it up already and haunt your own crappy team's MB. :banging:

sixstringlass
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Or when I find an empty parking space and I cannot park in it 'cause the car next to it is taking up two spots.

I feel this one. When I was getting my bachelor's degree, I went to a certain small, Eastern Washington University (hint, hint), the available parking spaces were scarce, to say the least. Since I was driving almost two hours every morning to get there, I had to find parking every day. Some days, even the pay lots were full. But there was still metered parking on the street.

Anyway, these stupid people would pull up to where they were taking up two spaces, and leave four feet behind them between their car and the car behind them... enough that it made you want to throttle them, but not enough to park in.

The other thing was, I swear that some people would come back to campus on Sunday night and leave their cars parked in the free parking all damned week long. I so wanted to give those people parking tickets.

T.Richardson
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Skip Bayless.

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Skip Bayless.

:drink: Annoying little twit.

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 07:04 AM
When you have a six year old you get used to it. :flap:
Its like, are we there yet, are we there yet .........

My kids already know what the answer is. It's the adults that upset me with their incessant questioning. My wife and her mom are on my "$hit list" when we watch movies from the time I press play. I tell them to shut up and watch as I'm pulling a movie out.

My ex-wife (yes, I had one of those unfortunate practice-marriages) is terrible about the books thing. She recently started asking me Harry Potter questions. Apparently, our 9 year old son is just like me. When she asks him questions, he hands her the book. GO SON!!!! So she'll call me. Freaking retarded....OK...must unclench my teeth...deep breath in...deep breath out.

Saw somewhere else about the parking spots occupied by buggies and people who drive without blinkers (or while on the cell phone and drive terribly because of it.)

Another Gear grinder for me is:

I'm driving down the interstate doing my typical 5 MPH over the speed limit. Someone comes flying by me. They get into my lane and slow down to less than what I was driving. So I get over and pass them...and then I get passed again. Pass me once and it might be because of an upcoming exit that you need to get to. Pass me a second time and you're an idiot who needs to have a little communication system implanted in my car so that I can curse you out directly explaining in the 213 different ways that you were just a moron.

HometownGal
02-13-2009, 07:33 AM
People parking their asses in the middle of an aisle at the grocery store. :mad: It's usually two chub-a-bubs blocking the aisle with carts full of Twinkies, HoHos, chips and every other snack they've raped off the shelves. :banging: When you say "excuse me" and want them to move their carts and get their big rumps out of the way, they give you that "I'm gonna eat ya" look. :horror:

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I'll be driving through the typicaly "rush hour" traffic heading home. Sometimes one lane is really backed up (usually due to someone breaking down in their beater car or because some idiot wasn't paying attention and hit the guy in front of him)

I try to be nice and let one or two people through. What I hate is when I let them over and they don't give me the "wave of acknowledgement". I didn't have to slow down my lane of traffic to let you through...show some freaking respect. You are not "entitled" to being in my lane of traffic at that given point. I didn't owe you because you were either unlucky enough to be in that lane (or you weren't smart enough to notice traffic issues a mile or more down the road.) Wave your thanks and drive on.

Hammer67
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
I'll be driving through the typicaly "rush hour" traffic heading home. Sometimes one lane is really backed up (usually due to someone breaking down in their beater car or because some idiot wasn't paying attention and hit the guy in front of him)

I try to be nice and let one or two people through. What I hate is when I let them over and they don't give me the "wave of acknowledgement". I didn't have to slow down my lane of traffic to let you through...show some freaking respect. You are not "entitled" to being in my lane of traffic at that given point. I didn't owe you because you were either unlucky enough to be in that lane (or you weren't smart enough to notice traffic issues a mile or more down the road.) Wave your thanks and drive on.

That is called driving in the northern mid west....Drivers are not very curteous throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio...Now, when I visit my parents in Louisville, I mean, wow. People are SOOO nice and wave and let you merge...it's a different world further south.

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I can't believe this..I am so :mad:. I receive the Sporting News Magazine in the mail. It is delivered every other week. So the last issue I received was for the week of Feb 2nd. Today I get my latest issue, for the week of Feb16th. I was anxiously awaiting it because I figured the front cover would be of the STEELERS!...but NO!!! Guess who was on the cover????? THE FRIGGIN YANKEES! I do not understand this.

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
That is called driving in the northern mid west....Drivers are not very curteous throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio...Now, when I visit my parents in Louisville, I mean, wow. People are SOOO nice and wave and let you merge...it's a different world further south.

Yeah, seems like drivers are as "cold" as the weather they live in. Simply infuriates me.

T.Richardson
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I will get soo much hate for this but.

Female Drivers!

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Female Drivers!

Well, when you consider that my mother has been driving truck for Ryder for nearly 20 years now...yeah, you'll get some flack from me. I don't care what sex the driver is...stupid is stupid.

The guys who are stupid are easy to spot because they are typically very old...or very aggressively driving.

The women who are stupid are the ones who are "distracted" typically with a Cell phone in their ear, or trying to put makeup on...or do their hair...

Generally, while the numbers of stupid between the sexes might be similar, you'll "see" more dumb females, because the aggressive drivers pass you and move on...whereas you come upon the females who are slowing traffic down with their version of stupidity.

SteelCurtain7
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Two weeks before the SB, I refused to shave my beard. I thought it would be bad luck. :o After the Steelers won, I dusted off the razor and returned to the land of clean-shavenness. :D

SteelCurtain7
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Oops. Mods, I meant to post this in the "Superstitions" thread... :banging:

SteelCityMom
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
You know what really grinds my gears, it's Friday the 13th and there is not a Jason movie to be found on any station tonight. I was sure USA or TNT would be showing a couple Friday the 13th movies tonight, but noooooooo, none at all. What a shamockery.

kittenfantastico76
02-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Female Drivers!

Fair is fair... you know what really grinds my gears... Male Drivers who think they own the road and don't drive any better than the females they give crap to... :wink02:

Seriously... Women who do their hair or make-up while driving... DRIVES ME CRAZY... or if they are at a stop light... SURE... you're stopped... it's safer but when I have to blow my horn more than once to get your butt out of my way... that's annoying!!! Get up earlier and save me from screaming when I see your horrible make-up free face!!!! DO IT AT HOME!

kittenfantastico76
02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
You know what really grinds my gears because I think it's completely moronic... (and I'm sorry if some of you have these... but you'll see why I hate it).

Parents that have magnets or stickers on their cars/vans/trucks proclaiming their children's names, and or sports they play (ie a baseball w/ the name Tommy and his # on it)... Or dance things w/ a girls name...

YOU DO REALIZE you're only fueling pedophiles interest with these right? All it takes is one look at your van... the number on your child's jersey, to match up Tommy... to walk up to Tommy when you're not around/watching... and take him off... It's NOT safe...

It's even worse when it's the ENTIRE FAMILY and the last name mentioned on the sticker... very unsafe for a woman driving alone... There are plenty of unmarked NON-cop cars that could pull you over and call you by your name... again... SNAGGED...

Lastly... Vanity tags that only make sense to the driver... they drive me crazy... but that's not really a safety issue... unless you're a woman... anything saying GRL, GIRL, YOUR NAME, SEXY, SASSY yada yada yada... makes you a target... for unwanted attention from crazies on the road, at rest stops (if you're crazy enough to stop at oe alone)... etc.

This is more of a warning but it really does GRIND MY GEARS!

steelax04
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Men that drive mini-vans and think they have to prove their "manliness" by driving like they're in the Daytona 500.

AND

Women that drive SUVs that are too big for their driving skills.

Gotta share the gear grinding between the sexes.

stlrtruck
02-20-2009, 07:48 AM
What really grinds my gears is when I mess up shifting!!! (I'm just saying)

kittenfantastico76
02-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Men that drive mini-vans and think they have to prove their "manliness" by driving like they're in the Daytona 500.

AND

Women that drive SUVs that are too big for their driving skills.

Gotta share the gear grinding between the sexes.

I thought I was the only one that noticed the men in Mini Vans pretending to be Lil E! hehe!

I HATE... when people are chatting on their cell phones with no regard to the world around them when driving... My boyfriend has actually noticed a woman once driving and eating a bowl of spaghetti, driving with her knees... WTH?!?!?!?

GBMelBlount
02-28-2009, 10:24 AM
1. When people don't use their turn signals

2. When people drive WAY below the speed limit (in good conditions) and then coast through a yellow/red light and leave YOU stranded at the stop light.

3. When things like cords, wires, coat hangers etc. get entangled or snagged in such a way that appears that it could only have been done on purpose.

Texasteel
02-28-2009, 10:34 AM
People that can see you have to merge into their lane, and speed up to keep you from doing it.

Females that keep looking at me from the next car over. I feel so used.

GBMelBlount
02-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Texasteel

Females that keep looking at me from the next car over.

They might stop staring if you'd wear some damn clothes.....

kmsteelerwr15
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM

Hell Yes!!!! I work at a grocery store and have to deal with that crap all the time :banging:

What else grinds my gears is about 95% of the Harris Teeter customers, they cannot do a damn thing for themselves.

People who dont bag their own groceries :mad:

People who stare at the damn screen to see if their total will lower

People who complain about employees from other departments, im a damn cashier/bagger, what am i supposed to do?