PDA

View Full Version : What really makes your day....

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
To make a thread to counter my other one (what really grinds your gears) I thought some positive energy was in order... so tell me people... The simple things in life, the big things in life, deep down... when you smile tell me...

What really makes your day? (add as many as you like, as often as you like, it's all about happy thoughts and positivity).

A little something that makes my day is when my cat, Angus wakes me up, vs. my alarm clock. He's much more entertaining and less jarring.

When my boyfriend compliments my outfit, my hair, when he notices something different I do.

Cooking a meal for my boyfriend and having him love it.

Not having to deal with crazy, horrible drivers on the road here in Florence, Alabama - they are the WORST to say the least!

Your turn!

Dino 6 Rings
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
what makes my day...

When I'm getting ready for work...and I'm all dressed and ready to go and I reach in my pocket and find a folded up 20 dollar bill...that made it through the washer and dryer is is just there, waiting for me to use...free money...where did it come from? No idea...but there it is, just sitting there in my hand...basically glowing...saying spend me Dino...spend me...

that makes my day!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
BEST. FEELING. EVER!!! I only find 1's or sometimes a 5 spot if I'm lucky! Excellent Dino!

SCSTILLER
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Best feeling ever? Coming home from work and having the dog at the door with the tail wagging and ball in his mouth basically saying "I don't know if you had a bad day or not, but let's play and have some fun!"

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Best feeling ever? Coming home from work and having the dog at the door with the tail wagging and ball in his mouth basically saying "I don't know if you had a bad day or not, but let's play and have some fun!"

DAWWW! Dogs are the best! My cat greets me at the door, and our dog is always so happy when she's out of her crate to welcome us home!

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Rewatching Super Bowl XLIII

That was fun.

Steel Mountain
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Holy crap! I just had a vision! On the way home from work, I find a 20 in my pocket, I get home and my amazing dog gives some snuggles and wants to play, my wife hands me a ice cold Grey Goose dirty martini and SAYS "I am SO HAPPY YOUR HOME!" An hour or so later, a pizza arrives ...with xtra pepperoni. Together we watch Top Gun and sip on some Grand Marinier. Bedtime at 9:00 and sleep time at 10:00. Best part...I wake up and still have a 20 in my pocket!!!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Holy crap! I just had a vision! On the way home from work, I find a 20 in my pocket, I get home and my amazing dog gives some snuggles and wants to play, my wife hands me a ice cold Grey Goose dirty martini and SAYS "I am SO HAPPY YOUR HOME!" An hour or so later, a pizza arrives ...with xtra pepperoni. Together we watch Top Gun and sip on some Grand Marinier. Bedtime at 9:00 and sleep time at 10:00. Best part...I wake up and still have a 20 in my pocket!!!

SCORE!!!! :applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
What makes my day. On fridays in my office its officially jeans day. That's enjoyable in itself, but what sets the day right, what makes the day totally right is when I get the jeans and shirt I'm going to wear and put them in the dryer to "iron" them out, before I get in my shower. Once out of the shower, I head to the laundry room in my towel, take out the shirt and pants and put them on...that warmth (careful of the zipper and buttons though on the jeans) that just out of the dryer Warm all over Feeling....

that makes my day.

SteelCurtain7
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
-discovering that cool music is released today, having no clue that a release was imminent. Yay for Mutemath!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
That first sip of fresh coffee in the morning...I'm nothing without it. I have to have my half hour of coffee and crossword puzzle in the morning before everyone else is up, or my day just doesn't go as smoothly lol.

TeeJay
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Waking up thinking about work ahead, then realising......it's Saturday!!

Watching England play Rugby and Cricket. (I always start out optimistic and happy anyway!:wink02:)

And for extra cheese points I'd have to say......

Coming on Steelers Fever. That always makes my day! :thumbsup:

:cya:

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Im happy that I am fortunate enough to have the ability and health to do things with my family. This thought gets me through everyday at the worse 4 letter word there is work :(

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
That first sip of fresh coffee in the morning...I'm nothing without it. I have to have my half hour of coffee and crossword puzzle in the morning before everyone else is up, or my day just doesn't go as smoothly lol.

I. love. the first sip of fresh brewed coffee! I make it in my office every morning, to be sure it's just the way I like it. I get no complaints at the office, AND, I get whines when it hasn't been made... so it's a blessing and a curse!

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
wake up with The Black Keys playing as my alarm clock on my cell phone. they always get stuck in my head and it's the best feeling in the world.

it really makes my day when a meet a fellow Steeler fan and we have a nice chat and go our separate ways knowing we won't see each other again. that's always nice.

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
When you turn on the radio and hear a song you aint heard in awhile and realize how good it was.

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
coming home to a house full of really awesome kids happy to see me!! also my baby Loki (he is a beagle ,black and tan mix steeler colors) & Athena (a collie & lab mix all black exceot a 1"x1" white mark on her chest) waiting at the door sitting waiting for me to pet him, then going into the kitchen and have my smiling wife waiting for a hug and a kiss! Then sitting down for supper with my family and we just talk about the day and whatever (lately it has been nothing but steelers drives my wifey nuts though):tt03::tt03: then if i am lucky i can spend a few hours on the computer :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

i am truely a blessed man

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
When you turn on the radio and hear a song you aint heard in awhile and realize how good it was.

that's always nice too. especially crap from the 80's and you know all the words.

something that makes my day is when i can go to bed next to my girl and we didn't have a fight that day. if we did, no matter what, i always wake up pissed off and bitter. one fight ruins the next 3 days of my life. no fight means i'm happy for the next 3 days.

another thing, checking out my Steeler shrine every morning and getting that feeling of "oh man...i can't wait until next season!"

The Duke
02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
beer

and probably seeing my pets happy

but mostly beer

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:13 PM
beer

and probably seeing my pets happy

but mostly beer

i like sneaking my dog beer when my girlfriend isn't looking. we bond very well during the time it takes her to polish off her water dish filled with Yuengling! she always comes back for more. haha!

The Duke
02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
i like sneaking my dog beer when my girlfriend isn't looking. we bond very well during the time it takes her to polish off her water dish filled with Yuengling! she always comes back for more. haha!

hmm....I might have to try that

hey do you know if snakes like beer?

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM

i'm not really sure...but i don't know a creature that won't atleast TRY a nice cold, tall, dark...beer....mmmmmmm....beeeeeerrrrr!

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
---When I wake up in the morning and can thank God for giving me yet another day to live and love life and those who make my life so meaningful! :thumbsup:

---When I hear the silly laughter of children and remember back to when I was a child and the very happy childhood I had.

---When my grandson gives his Grammie a big :hug:!

---When I see people here in the Burgh sporting their Steelers gear in the offseason! :tt02:

---When I don't have to read the words "haha" after someone's posts around here. :chuckle:

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
boys. beer. dogs. they are a natural combination... Our dog June goes crazy for beer... and our best friend's dog Obie, will grab a can by the tab off the coffee table if you're not careful, turn it up and finish the can... crazy little mutts

.... I love when my dog or cat decide it's "mom" time and they snuggle with me.

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I. love. the first sip of fresh brewed coffee! I make it in my office every morning, to be sure it's just the way I like it. I get no complaints at the office, AND, I get whines when it hasn't been made... so it's a blessing and a curse!

I'm gonna go ahead and bump the first sip of coffee!

man, that's so good. It just makes it all good.

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
waking up to puppy kisses with a big fat wet snout. that just happened to me about 20 minutes ago!

BUT...what grinds my gears is when she gets playful and bites and claws at my scalp when i ignore her. it hurts and it sucks to wake up to.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
1) Sleeping in.... then waking up to the smell of bacon and coffee.....the sound of my wife puttering around in the kitchen and my kids laughing...:thumbsup:

2) Camping...getting up early and having that first cup of coffee by myself...while looking out over the morning mist on a river that my son and II will very soon be canoing. :thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
damn, all of you really love your coffee!

i love winning in Madden. it always feels REALLY good. especially when i play against my brother. he's one of those brothers who is better at EVERYTHING than you. so, it's always good to put him in his place from time to time. Madden is my way of doing that. =)

kittenfantastico76
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
damn, all of you really love your coffee!

i love winning in Madden. it always feels REALLY good. especially when i play against my brother. he's one of those brothers who is better at EVERYTHING than you. so, it's always good to put him in his place from time to time. Madden is my way of doing that. =)

:coffee: Coffee is one addiction I think it's ok to have... so long as you don't harbor homicidal tendencies before you have it... then you may need to talk with someone, or lay off the sauce :wink02:

Seriously... I said out loud how great the coffee was going to be this morning... I dropped coffee last year for most of the summer, but once winter hits... that's all she wrote!
------
... what will make my day today is the Red, White and Bleu salad at my favorite cafe here in town... greens, strawberries, walnuts, bleu cheese and this amazing poppy seed dressing... :drool: SOO ready for it!

KeiselPower99
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Reminds me of that Adam Sandler skit The Buffon and the dean of admissions. I fed my snake beer once. he was slithering this way and that. He was really F'd up. God bless that man for hours of enjoyment.

Polamalu Princess
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Hearing my 9 year old daughter laugh.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hearing my 9 year old daughter laugh.

I miss the pitter-patter sound of my son a daughter running to my room in the morning.

Hammer67
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I have to take this in a different direction but...getting a little action before heading off to work...now THAT, makes my day.

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I have to take this in a different direction but...getting a little action before heading off to work...now THAT, makes my day. whats even better than that is, getting some action from your EX....... the action itself isn't what puts the smile on my face....watching her LEAVE afterwards, is what makes it special....:tt03:

SteelCityMom
02-11-2009, 05:26 PM
What really made my day today was the sunny and near 70 degree weather here in Pittsburgh right now. Was able to go on a nice long walk with my girl in jeans and t shirts down to the river today, lots of people out and about. It was a lot of fun to be able to get a day like this in Feb.

stlrtruck
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I gotta say what really made my day was just this week I went up to another child's mother at my daughter's daycare to try and arrange a play date. The mother told me she was rooting for the cardinals in the Super Bowl because they were the underdogs and everyone in her house was rooting for the cardinals except her daughter. She was rooting for the Steelers and when the mom asked her why, she said, "For Makenzie"

My daught is almost 4 years old and she's already converting people!!!

kittenfantastico76
02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
I gotta say what really made my day was just this week I went up to another child's mother at my daughter's daycare to try and arrange a play date. The mother told me she was rooting for the cardinals in the Super Bowl because they were the underdogs and everyone in her house was rooting for the cardinals except her daughter. She was rooting for the Steelers and when the mom asked her why, she said, "For Makenzie"

My daught is almost 4 years old and she's already converting people!!!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!! :tt02: Hook 'em when they're young! My best friend's husband is a huge Redskins fan and thus rooted for the Cardinals... sort of that anyone but the Cowboys or the Steelers concept... so she in turn was rooting for the Cardinals to support her husband (she's a 49ers fan) Their daughter however (8 years old) was rooting for the Steelers because her Aunt Kelly (me) was a huge Steelers fan, she even made paper party favors for the steelers! NOW THAT'S AWESOME TO ME!!! I want to get her a Taylor jersey for next year (that's her name) she has a Taylor Jersey for the Redskins, and she's extremely sad that he's not with us any more... maybe a new Taylor to cheer for will make her day - I know it would make mine! :thumbsup:

Godfather
02-12-2009, 10:26 AM
.... I love when my dog or cat decide it's "mom" time and they snuggle with me.

Nothing beats a kneading, purring cat.

kittenfantastico76
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Nothing beats a kneading, purring cat.

Especially my cat, he has never been a huge, lap cat... you have to let him climb up there and relax, otherwise he runs... he's rather jumpy but very loving - when he wants to be.

Dino 6 Rings
02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
everday I drop my daughters off at school, they each lean foward and give me a kiss on the cheek and say "I love you"

makes it all good all day.

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 08:08 AM
My youngest daughter likes to put her forehead on mine and her nose on mine and issue orders to me.

Then my middle son started doing it. (We play the "It's MY Mommy" game before we end up fighting each other.)

Now my youngest (and tiniest) son is doing the "My Mommy" game...though he struggles to finish the "My Mommy" because he's giggling so hard.

Coming home to that really makes my day.

T.Richardson
02-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Pie!

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Pie!

But what flavor?

T.Richardson
02-13-2009, 05:59 PM
But what flavor?

Apple!