PDA

View Full Version : Official "would look good in the B&G for the right price" thread

tony hipchest
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
:chuckle:

ahman green- released by texans

oops- sorry mods, this was supposed to go in nfl forum :doh: (thats what i get for posting sober) :wink:

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
KUHN! :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Julius Peppers? :noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Albert Haynesworth! :coffee:

drizze99
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
:chuckle:

ahman green- released by texans

oops- sorry mods, this was supposed to go in nfl forum :doh: (thats what i get for posting sober) :wink:

For real? He is a washed has been and not even worth a roster spot IMO.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
i bet colberts already in detroit.....:doh:

High-priced cornerback Leigh Bodden was one of six players released by the Lions on Monday.

The other players being let go are, wide receiver Mike Furrey, guard Edwin Mulitalo, safety Dwight Smith, tight end Dan Campbell and offensive tackle Jon Dunn.

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
For real? He is a washed has been and not even worth a roster spot IMO.

I agree. His best years are behind him..I don't see him being an impact player at all. We have Mendenhall, Moore, Russell. Why would we need another back?

steelreserve
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Matt Cassel would look great in a black and gold ... body bag.

drizze99
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I would like the Stillers to take a look at (RB) Reuben Droughns

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM

:drink:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I would like the Stillers to take a look at (RB) Reuben Droughns

I know the Giants let him go, but didn't he used to play for the Browns at one time? I seem to remember him having pretty decent games against us.

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
KUHN! :chuckle:

Beat me to it.

I wonder if everyone realizes if John Kuhn was on the team we would have blown out the cardinals by 50?

TheWarDen86
02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Beat me to it.

I wonder if everyone realizes if John Kuhn was on the team we would have blown out the cardinals by 50?

....in the first qtr. :chuckle:

drizze99
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I know the Giants let him go, but didn't he used to play for the Browns at one time? I seem to remember him having pretty decent games against us.

He was a Bronco, then a Shitstain, then a Giant and now a FA

I believe the Bronco's traded him to the Shitstains

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Owen Schmitt and Nick Mangold

The Duke
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Dan Kreider :rolleyes:

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM

haha! OUCH! that's a good one.

i'd like to see Jared Allen or Justin Tuck. not that we need to step up our defense. but those guys would rip it up in Pittsburgh for sure.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Peppers

SMR
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Peppers
Not that we need him, but I sure would love to get him!
:applaudit:

drizze99
02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Peppers isn't all that. Sure he makes a few plays here and there but where on our defense would he play?

SMR
02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Peppers isn't all that. Sure he makes a few plays here and there but where on our defense would he play?

A cheerleader?
:hatsoff:

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Jason Brown, Jordan Gross & Kelvin Hayden

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
ooooooo Pacman Jones

such a great cb and a returner... the man could be our savior if b-mac chooses not 2 re-sign

but ser.. i would have 2 say that if brian dawkins was a wee bit younger i would like him

TheWarDen86
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM

Peppers had 2 years where he didn't register double digit sacks. He's missed two starts since 2002. I figured him for a 3-4 LB but he seems to think he'd flourish as a 3-4 D End (considering he's 6' 7" - 283 lbs he may be right). The question was, "who would look good in the B&G for the right price?" Julius Peppers would be a nice addition to our rotation for the right price (see DL rotation of the 2007 NY Giants). Doubt it will happen but nevertheless, the question was asked.

I agree: Julius Peppers.

SunshineMan21
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
James Laurinaitis. :)

Galax Steeler
02-11-2009, 03:57 AM
Albert Haynesworth! :coffee:

Agreed I would love to see him in black and gold.

tony hipchest
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
remember all our linebacker woes when joey porter was released and some thought pat cast off tully bunta cain was the answer?

he was just released by the 49ers.

:scratchchin: you know, for vet minimum....

(he will go crawling back to the patriots with his tail between his legs)

HometownGal
02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Jeff Saturday - even at his ripe old age. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Defense: Mario Williams
Offense: Brandon Jacobs

revefsreleets
02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Mike Jenkins. We'd have to do some serious draft day manuevering though. He would be a PERFECT Steelers CB. Cover man who loves to stick his nose in their and hit guys.

XxKnightxX
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
something that seems realistic to me....Lorenzo Neal. Guy does nothing but pave ways to 1000 yd rushers year in and out. hes a UFA after playing for the rats I wouldnt mind him signing with us for a year.

stlrtruck
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Michael Vick - sorry couldn't resist!!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Steven Jackson

Lorenzo Neal isn't a bad call as stated above by xxKinghtxx

How about Clayton the reciever from Tampa Bay.

tony hipchest
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
something that seems realistic to me....Lorenzo Neal. Guy does nothing but pave ways to 1000 yd rushers year in and out. hes a UFA after playing for the rats I wouldnt mind him signing with us for a year.tony richardson of the jets as well. he'd look good for vet minimum...

Steelcitygal87
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Mike Jenkins. We'd have to do some serious draft day manuevering though. He would be a PERFECT Steelers CB. Cover man who loves to stick his nose in their and hit guys.

I agree! I had forgotten about him. He's from South Florida, right? I remember in last year's draft thinking he might be one of the players the Steelers were interested in. I figured they would go either CB or O-line. I love his style of play...very physical....he also has great speed and is a good tackler.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Vernon Carey-OT
Chris Canty- DE
Leigh Bodden- CB

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Vernon Carey-OT
Chris Canty- DE
Leigh Bodden- CB don't you think boddens price would be just as high as bmac....:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
don't you think boddens price would be just as high as bmac....:noidea:

In reality they are statiscally the same...
In the market and in negotiations...B-mac probably comes at a higher price because of the superbowl "accessories".

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2009, 01:05 PM

In 3 games versus the Steelers he has 32 Att 98 yds 2.7 yds Avg and 1 TD rushing, and 7 rec for 119 yds 0 TD receiving against the Steelers, don't believe that is very good.

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 01:25 PM
In 3 games versus the Steelers he has 32 Att 98 yds 2.7 yds Avg and 1 TD rushing, and 7 rec for 119 yds 0 TD receiving against the Steelers, don't believe that is very good.

I was mistaken. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

lilyoder6
02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
i say ricky williams.. he is a FA u know
him and tone could be room-mates...

tone can bring the weed and ricky can bring the sugar

T.Richardson
02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
There is this guy in the draft. Rey Maualuga, I would love to see him play for the Steelers. But, he wont drop down to the Steelers sadly..

revefsreleets
02-16-2009, 09:51 AM
There is this guy in the draft. Rey Maualuga, I would love to see him play for the Steelers. But, he wont drop down to the Steelers sadly..

He may. He's really overrated, and there have been some knocks on him since the season ended, particularly Senior Bowl reports.

I'd MUCH rather have Little Animal.

vasteeler
02-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Larry Fitzgerald

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
well we already know what deuce mccallister looks like in saints black n gold. he was just cut.

we need another deuce sweatsuit model! :tt02:

(for the right price of course)

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2009, 11:11 AM
CB McAlister from Baltimore, wanna bet he'd be Pumped 2 games a year to knock some heads in.

SCSTILLER
02-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Larry Fitzgerald

:iagree:

iloveben7
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Antwaan Randle El
(Miss him)

devilsdancefloor
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
CB McAlister from Baltimore, wanna bet he'd be Pumped 2 games a year to knock some heads in.

i think that has been his avg games played the last few seasons :P, but he was gonna make 10 mill this yr he is way out of league and he has been overrated for along time IMHO, but for vet minimum sure he can come play for us lol:drink:

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
How does it work if a guy is cut with money still on his contract? Does it become void or if you pick him up in free agency do you have to pick up the cost he has left on his contract? Just curious.

Fire Haley
02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
If you don't want TJ Housh on our team, you are but another bitter cracker.

He's a stable family guy with 0 baggage, for a WR these days, that's pretty rare.

We probably can't afford him - but that's besides the point.

meanjoecoop
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Free agent TJ Houshamazillia...

As much as I hate him, with the right offense he could be an asset.

Secondly, bungals fans would loose their freakin minds if he became a Steeler. That would be priceless.

I can consider it only because I was an avid Leftwich hater when he was a Jaguar. But having him here in '08 saved our asses a few times. He has earned my respect.

stlrtruck
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Free agent TJ Houshamazillia...

As much as I hate him, with the right offense he could be an asset.

Secondly, bungals fans would loose their freakin minds if he became a Steeler. That would be priceless.

I can consider it only because I was an avid Leftwich hater when he was a Jaguar. But having him here in '08 saved our asses a few times. He has earned my respect.

Could you imagine TJ coming to Pittsburgh and then catching either the first or the last second TD in the Super Bowl???

How pissed would bungals fans be then!!! I laugh at the thought!

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
If you don't want TJ Housh on our team, you are but another bitter cracker.

He's a stable family guy with 0 baggage, for a WR these days, that's pretty rare.

We probably can't afford him - but that's besides the point.

Until that MOTHER EFFER Gets down on his knees in front of Steelers Nation and BEGS Forgiveness for his disrepectful act with our Terrible Towel I will NEVER want this guy on our team and will ALWAYS wish Pain And Suffering Upon him between the lines. I hope he gets his head smashed in and his bones shattered every single time we play him.

HE is not a Steeler and until he is truly repentent, never Will Be and will always be doomed to be on a Losing Team.

Its his Fate.

Fire Haley
02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Could you imagine TJ coming to Pittsburgh ...

That 's what I was thinking.

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Could you imagine TJ coming to Pittsburgh and then catching either the first or the last second TD in the Super Bowl???

The only way I like to imagine TJ is with a busted face and blood pouring out of the holes that his teeth used to occupy.

rbryan
02-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Douchalotta isn't as much of a team cancer as Ocho Dinko but he's a cancer just the same. Kind of like comparing colon cancer to skin cancer. He jinxed the Bungler franchise for the next 100 years with that towel stunt. He might as well kick over a lantern the next time 85 is milking him and burn the whole city down while he's at it.

Not even for the "right price" "hometown discount" whatever.

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
How does it work if a guy is cut with money still on his contract? Does it become void or if you pick him up in free agency do you have to pick up the cost he has left on his contract? Just curious.the contract is void and a new one is drawn up with a new team. in the case of joey porter the money increases.

in the case of mccalister or fred taylor it will drop.

7SteelGal43
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Douchalotta isn't as much of a team cancer as Ocho Dinko but he's a cancer just the same. Kind of like comparing colon cancer to skin cancer. He jinxed the Bungler franchise for the next 100 years with that towel stunt. He might as well kick over a lantern the next time 85 is milking him and burn the whole city down while he's at it.

Not even for the "right price" "hometown discount" whatever.

:laughing::toofunny::rofl:

stlrtruck
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok since he was cut how about Deuce McAllister as a spell back for FWP? I mean he proved what he could do in Nawlins but I'm wondering how he would hold up in the cold outdoors?

paw-n-maul-u
02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
vernon carrey and marcus canty would look sweet in steelers jerseys. either would give us a lot more flexibility in the draft

devilsdancefloor
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Until that MOTHER EFFER Gets down on his knees in front of Steelers Nation and BEGS Forgiveness for his disrepectful act with our Terrible Towel I will NEVER want this guy on our team and will ALWAYS wish Pain And Suffering Upon him between the lines. I hope he gets his head smashed in and his bones shattered every single time we play him.

HE is not a Steeler and until he is truly repentent, never Will Be and will always be doomed to be on a Losing Team.

Its his Fate.

:tt03::tt03: Amen!:tt03::tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2009, 08:46 PM
vernon carrey and marcus canty would look sweet in steelers jerseys. either would give us a lot more flexibility in the drafti'd rather have chris canty......:popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
How does it work if a guy is cut with money still on his contract? Does it become void or if you pick him up in free agency do you have to pick up the cost he has left on his contract? Just curious.his former team is still on the hook for any guaranteed money (dead money against the cap), which is what the players truely covet. but as tony said, the slate is whiped clean, for new negotiations.

tony hipchest
02-26-2009, 10:46 AM
bills cut guard derrick dockery. i wonder how he would like vet minimum for the opportunity to taste a championship?

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
T.O. for vet minimum...

c'mon, admit it.

you'd do it, to replace nate washington at a cheaper price.

Preacher
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
T.O. for vet minimum...

c'mon, admit it.

you'd do it, to replace nate washington at a cheaper price.

I'd give a million to get him on the Bungles.

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I would seriously stop cheering for the Steelers if they signed TO. That attention whoring piece of human garbage would tear the team apart with his on and off field poison.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Torry Mother Effing Holt

Talk about a SOLID #3 for a season or two to push Sweed.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4388-St-Louis-Rams-Examiner~y2009m3d4-Torry-Holt-Asks-For-Release

apparently he wants a flat out Release since no one is willing to trade for him.

Hells Yeah, the guy is a hard worker, hard player and wants to simply win games.

I'd take this guy in a freaking Heart Beat.

Ward, Holmes, Holt, Sweed.

Yes. That would work out nicely.

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow...I would LOVE to have Torry Holt finish up in Pittsburgh. Now, the problem becomes one of cash...somebody would have to restructure, cuz Holt ain't playing for vet minimum. But I think a guy like this would trade some cash for a chance to win one more SB. By all accounts he's a good guy, hard worker, model citizen and would fit well with the whole "Steelers way".

I like it. Make it so.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I bet the Eagles take a bite at Holt. Very surprised the Eagels haven't taken any shots at any WRs on the market. Not sure what the Eagels are doing at all.

I'd love Holt to sign a 2 year deal with us.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
BUMP!

HOLT!

TheWarDen86
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM
BUMP!

HOLT!

Hmmmm. My first thought was "no way," but that is intriguing. ... for the right price.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm. My first thought was "no way," but that is intriguing. ... for the right price.

Guy works hard, has zero off the field issues, knows how to win, wants to win and wouldn't cost and arm and a leg and is just basically tired of being on a team that's had 6 coaches in 4 years.

Give him the Stability of our Team, our Offense, the Role knowing we already have two SB MVPs catching passes for us, I think it would work.

for the right price of coarse.

TheWarDen86
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Guy works hard, has zero off the field issues, knows how to win, wants to win and wouldn't cost and arm and a leg and is just basically tired of being on a team that's had 6 coaches in 4 years.

Give him the Stability of our Team, our Offense, the Role knowing we already have two SB MVPs catching passes for us, I think it would work.

for the right price of coarse.

I don't think any WR (save Larry Fitzgerald ... maybe) works harder that Holt. He catches a couple thousand passes a week in preparation. He's not a terribly physical dude though and I think he would suffer a bit in the AFC North. :chuckle:

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Kurt Angle!!

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think any WR (save Larry Fitzgerald ... maybe) works harder that Holt. He catches a couple thousand passes a week in preparation. He's not a terribly physical dude though and I think he would suffer a bit in the AFC North. :chuckle:

He'd be the 3rd option on most plays, with Ward and Holmes getting most of the balls and Miller too, and Moore and even Sweed in 4 receiver sets. He'd get about 2-4 balls thrown his way a game, not going to be too brutal. Plus, Are you really scared of anyone in the AFC North that isn't in Black and Gold? I'm not.

Anyway, its an interesting prospect.

TheWarDen86
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
He'd be the 3rd option on most plays, with Ward and Holmes getting most of the balls and Miller too, and Moore and even Sweed in 4 receiver sets. He'd get about 2-4 balls thrown his way a game, not going to be too brutal. Plus, Are you really scared of anyone in the AFC North that isn't in Black and Gold? I'm not.

Anyway, its an interesting prospect.

I totally agree that it's interesting. No one scares me in that regard, but our division always plays tough...although Cincy could do a little better. We got more of a fight from the Browns. Anyway, there is a lot more hitting going on in our division than in the NFC West.

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Kurt Angle!!

never fit him under the salary cap.

I'd probably take him if it meant we could release Starks, though. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Brock Lesnar at Fullback.