PDA

View Full Version : Upon further review...Super Bowl XLIII

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok so since the princess was home sick today I decided to watch Super Bowl XLIII while she slept soundly on the living room floor in her tent. I didn't recollect all the great plays or all the called penalties (I believe they got those right) but instead reviewed the game on the premise of what the refs missed or blew....so here we go upon further review:

9:45 - 1st qtr - AZ - block in the black #85
7:12 - 1st qtr - AZ - unnecessary roughness #82 on Woodley, after the play was offer (it's a bit picky but the way they called some penalties it was close enough to list)
6:44 - 1st qtr - PT - block in the back on Fox #57
14:45 - 2nd qtr - AZ/PT - post play activity could have flagged either team
13:55 - 2nd qtr - AZ - kick return block in the back #45
2:06 - 2nd qtr - PT - holding #62
INT RETURN - AZ - holding #81
INT RETURN - PT - Block in the back Woodley
14:57 - 3rd qtr - AZ - block in the back #22
12:47 - 3rd qtr - AZ ball - spot of the ball almost full yard from where RB was downed
10:53 - 3rd qtr - AZ ball - warner takes helmet off to argue call on the field (fumble)
side note: does it really count as forward motion of the LB hits the arm forward?
10:48 - 3rd qtr - PT - holding #68
7:31 - 3rd qtr - PT ball - roughing the QB call against AZ was questionable but was most likely the right call because he extended his arms
7:24 - 3rd qtr - AZ - facemask #24 (pushing on the face mask of Hines Ward)
7:36 - 4th qtr - AZ ball - Fit'z TD catch should have been incomplete (Tomlin should have reviewed)
6:20 - 4th qtr - PT ball - Docket sacks Ben but he has him by the horse collar
5:21 - 4th qtr - AZ ball - Ike flagged for personal foul on AZ sidelines but no flag thrown for hightower's thrown punch and he was not an active player on that play
:35 - 4th qtr - PT - excessive celebration Holmes
:34 - 4th qtr - AZ - block in the back (looks like # 87)
:12 - 4th qtr - AZ - holding #75

I know, everyone is asking why did I do this? Simple, I'm tired of everyone saying that the refs stole the game. The refs also let a lot of plays go uncalled (19 of them to be exact). Had they made the right calls, this game would have been a lot different.

But here's my real point to the thread - everyone The Whiners, The Bitchers, The Moaners - please let it go. This was a great game and good teams overcome obstacles without hesitation without blame - instead they perform when it's crunch time.

That ladies and gentleman is what the Steelers were able to do in Super Bowl XLIII.

Thank you and good night, sleep well SB XLIII - hello off-season! :tt03: :tt: :tt02:

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Nice job, stlrtruck - you ought to go and rebut this assclown:

BMmd6H-27-s

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
That video was fun so I posted a few responses (because you're limited to like 500 per post)

12+88=6
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
you missed a missed call by the refs.

2nd qtr boldin's long catch and run. watch #11 for the cards he comes all the across the field and hits mcfadden in the back right when he's reaching for boldin, at the 10 yard line i think. you can really see it better in the nfl network replay. they show it from the sideline right where it happens.

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM

2nd qtr boldin's long catch and run. watch #11 for the cards he comes all the across the field and hits mcfadden in the back right when he's reaching for boldin, at the 10 yard line i think. you can really see it better in the nfl network replay. they show it from the sideline right where it happens.

I saw that but what I saw in that play was that McFadden was already in the motion of diving and that the slight contact from #11 wasn't enough to warrant a flag. I wasn't looking at this with Goodell's eyes, just some, hey this could have been called while still letting them play the game.

pghfrank1948
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
There still bitching about SB XL and it really get old. It was a great game one for the ages, and people just cant appreciate it. A Stain fan at work said the wrong team won, in a poorly called game, I told that jerkoff that the only way the Browns would ever get to a SB is to buy tickets like eveybody else. The only way to reply to these butt holes. Six Super Bowls and counting, i can go my grave happy!!!! Go Steelers!!!

revefsreleets
02-11-2009, 11:48 AM
That's pretty funny (the video). Half the things he's reviewing STILL weren't penalties.

See, that's what happens when stupid people get caught up in a bandwagon movement. They lack the fundamental knowledge to actually grasp what they are seeing, so their imaginations run wild.

My favorites are first and last. The "block in the back" was actually on the front of his shoulder, and the Warner "forward motion" shows he clearly gets hit before the arm is going forward. What an asshat...

drizze99
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I had to comment on that douche's video....

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
To be fair the average age of people who coment on youtube is like 12-14 years old.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Can someone please make a video on all the calls that were missed for the cardinals too. Just to let the internet world know that the Ref f---ed us over too

SteelCityKing
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
honestly, was the music on that video entirely neccesary? it sounded like the soundtrack for "Fried Green Tomatoes!" haha!

Curtain_of_Steel
02-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Nice job on the list....Called on both sides, I like it...

I still say when Harrisson received his PF late in the game, he was helping dislodge the guys mouth piece as he was choking on it. Perhaps you can add that as well.
lol

crcsnail
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
this is one i saw but i dont know if it was because i was in uk and something weird happened via satellite :)
just before 2 min warning ben hurries to get play off,which he does.but the clock stops for 4-5 seconds on 2 mins and then comes in, this didnt seem to be adjusted to me ?by the ref. so i dont think there was 5 seconds left at the end of the game anyway ?i hope i have explained that ok :) will be interesting to see if i called that right .

CargoJon
02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Someone pointed out in the youtube comments, and I forgot all about it, but the only reason the Cards were even IN the Super Bowl was because of the no call pass interference with Kevin Curtis on fourth down in the NFCCG with the Eagles.

They conveniently forget that point.

stlrtruck
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
this is one i saw but i dont know if it was because i was in uk and something weird happened via satellite :)
just before 2 min warning ben hurries to get play off,which he does.but the clock stops for 4-5 seconds on 2 mins and then comes in, this didnt seem to be adjusted to me ?by the ref. so i dont think there was 5 seconds left at the end of the game anyway ?i hope i have explained that ok :) will be interesting to see if i called that right .

I'll have to replay that part of the game but from what I recall, the clock went down to 2 mins as the ball was snapped and the additional run off seemed ok. But I'll let you know when I review it tonight.

tommycs
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I made that video...
I was there. And was a little mad that I (a cardinals fan) bought tickets, flew out there, and saw the cardinals play a great game against the steelers who also played a great game but to see it ruined and the entire game won for the steelers by the refs made me pretty angry, so i figured I'd make a video to show MY opinion on how the refs blew that game...
Notice that it is MY opinion, that means that negative criticism really shouldn't exist in this situation because it is my opinion and if people would like to critisize than go right ahead, but please leave out the nasty comments... also you steelers fans like to insult people with the word ass a lot don't you. (Ass-clown, asshat?(I think that means ignorant or obnoxious but i think that it is you that you're describing)

rick723
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM

fitz was also out of bounds STILL when he grabbed Harrison. Pi$$ on the cards. The women are fine out there but, they don't play football

rick723
02-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I made that video...
I was there. And was a little mad that I (a cardinals fan) bought tickets, flew out there, and saw the cardinals play a great game against the steelers who also played a great game but to see it ruined and the entire game won for the steelers by the refs made me pretty angry, so i figured I'd make a video to show MY opinion on how the refs blew that game...
Notice that it is MY opinion, that means that negative criticism really shouldn't exist in this situation because it is my opinion and if people would like to critisize than go right ahead, but please leave out the nasty comments... also you steelers fans like to insult people with the word ass a lot don't you. (Ass-clown, asshat?(I think that means ignorant or obnoxious but i think that it is you that you're describing)

Go back to your board and cry with your other fans. Learn football, then come back and talk. BTW did you know the Pittsburgh Steelers were the WORLD CHAMPS? 6 times too.

rick723
02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw that but what I saw in that play was that McFadden was already in the motion of diving and that the slight contact from #11 wasn't enough to warrant a flag. I wasn't looking at this with Goodell's eyes, just some, hey this could have been called while still letting them play the game.

Just keep making chit up. Makes you feel better, I guess.:tt03:

CPanther95
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
The one that kills me is the Holmes excessive celebration they complain about.

"The Cards would have been 15 yards closer!"

HELLO, Warner fumbled - that is unquestioned by anyone with eyes and some basic football knowledge. If they had caught Santonio's celebration, he'd have just fumbled further down field.

1978steeler
02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Losers look for excuses...Card fans are looking for excuses....one could then deduct that Card fans are in fact losers.

Acceptance will set you free Cards fan.

X-Terminator
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I made that video...

Yeah, it's your OPINION. It's also completely biased and incorrect and based on EMOTION, rather than rational thought. I'm so sick and tired of every time a team loses a close game, the first thing they do is blame the refs, rather than their own team's shortcomings. Did the refs allow the Steelers to drive 88 yards for the winning score? No, but the Cards did. Did the refs allow Lamarr Woodley to sack and strip Warner at the end of the game with a THREE MAN RUSH? No, but the Cards did. Did the refs throw the pick-6 to James Harrison at the end of the first half? No, but Kurt Warner did. The refs also missed numerous holding calls against the Cards, 2 clear punches thrown at Steelers players by Cards players, overturned Ben's TD when his knee never touched the ground and allowed Fitz's first TD even though the tip of the ball hit the ground. So don't give me "the refs won the game for the Steelers" bullshit. It's nothing but a cop-out because you can't admit that your team lost. America has become a nation of whiners and crybabies, and all you and your video has done is reinforce that sentiment in my mind.

Your brush with greatness is now over.

steelerchad
02-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I made that video...

Sorry you wasted your money on your tickets. You really didn't expect to win anyway, did you?

The fact is calls were made, calls were missed. The best team won. If Harrison's touchdown doesn't count and we get a field goal or maybe nothing, then the game possibly plays out very different. Maybe we don't go into prevent defense and we just grind out a 16-7 win and you don't even have a chance at the end. That's more likely than the Cards winning as before the Prevent Fitz was held to 1 catch for 7 yards and the Cards had 7 points until less than 8 minutes to go in the game. We'll never know for sure, but in the end your 19th ranked Defense was exposed for the fraud that it was. Not being able to stop the Steelers with 2 minutes and 88 yards to go with a 1st and 20. Blame yourselves, not anyone else.

Again, the best team won!

stlrtruck
02-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I made that video...

And just like anyone else's opinion, it's going to get criticized. If you don't like the criticism, then don't make the video. What's sad is that you took 2 plays out of the entire game to cry about and yet failed to mention the numerous other penalties - you picked out the ones that suited your need - the need for sympathy. And we all know where sympathy can be found.

Here's my opinon: Your video was terrible. You pointed out probably 25 seconds of a 60 minute game. I implore you go through the game again and watch some of the calls that were not made - i.e. Warner taking his helmet off to argue a call. I wonder how that could have affected the game? The cardinals fanbase is becoming like the seahags fanbase - bitter and whiney!!! Follow Warner and Fitz' lead - admit defeat with honor and be gone!!

CPanther95
02-13-2009, 09:37 AM
You aren't an assclown for having an opinion, you're an assclown for your football ignorance and selective whining.

You zoom in on Harrison at the goal line - BEFORE he was down by contact.

You show ticky-tack contact on Warner on the runback, yet ignore Boldin horse collaring Farrior to the ground on the same runback.

revefsreleets
02-13-2009, 10:17 AM
If my opinion were that the Earth was flat, would I be above criticism?

Of course not. I'd be an idiot and deserve to be called an idiot.

Knowing nothing about football is fine. Posting videos is fine. But posting a video filled with complaints about stuff one has no knowledge of is wrong and stupid. I'd say that qualifies one for the "asshat" moniker...

jjpro11
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
i found 4 penalties in addition to the facemask call on the int return, all by the cardinals.. and many were immediately after the INT.. and dont go crying that none of them would have mattered cards fans because you wanted a call on woodley which would have negated the fouls on the cardinals.. the refs chose not to throw the flags on the cards.. if harrison had been stopped at the 40, one of those calls would have been huge for us. the refs didnt know whether the flag thrown already was on the steelers or cardinals either.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e97cd9

-At the 0:55 mark, #94 Lawrence Timmons gets held by #74 Reggie Wells.
-At the 1:02 mark, #51 James Farrior has his jersey grabbed and is throw down by #81 Anquan Boldin.
-At the 3:50 mark, #24 Ike Taylor gets tackled from behind by #82 Leonard Pope
-At the 3:53 mark, #26 Deshea Townsend gets horse-collared by #11 Larry Fitzgerald

fansince'76
02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
I made that video...

1. Don't want negative comments? Turn off commenting on the video.

2. Learn the rules of the game before you spout off. No, really LEARN the rules. Don't cherry-pick bits and pieces of the rules and then further spin them to fit your half-assed arguments of what a block in the back is (for one example).

3. The Cards lost. They lost because they couldn't stop an 88-yard drive by the Steelers in the last 2:30 of the game. Deal with it and quit bitching, moaning and crying about it. Only pussies blame the refs for a loss. :coffee:

jjpro11
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I made that video...

you dont want nasty comments? F*ck you! :flipoff:

stlrtruck
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM

I took a look at the tape this evening and at the 2:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter the Steelers snap the ball just as it turns two minutes and the clock stops for approximately 3.38 seconds - but I bet no one cheering for the red and white wants to talk about that do they?