PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren during SB post-game

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry if this isn't in the right section --

Did anyone else notice Mike Holmgren in the superbowl post game show? Spent his entire time on the air speaking of the great Cardinals effort and how they were going to have a tough offseason. Not one mention of...oh I don't know....the WINNERS OF THE SUPER BOWL. Seems like some sour grapes to me...

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Holmgren is just a bitter old fat man with nothing to gain but weight. he's a giant toddler and needs put down to save us from his stupid antics and dumb face. =)

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM
NBC's coverage of that game sucked the big one as a whole.

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Yea I just couldn't believe it. I vividly remember yelling at the tv for him to shut his pie hole because he still isn't over the fact that his team couldn't get it done 3 years ago. Just unclassy as hell

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM

i like NBCs coverage of football. but they make every Sunday night like the Super Bowl. it's a little over the top. plus, i like Bettis on TV. it reminds me how much i love that guy. he's a great player and a person. BUT, i hate Bob Costas. he's a tool.

i just can't get my head around Thursday night football. i mean, atleast they saved Friday night for the high school kids.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Yea I just couldn't believe it. I vividly remember yelling at the tv for him to shut his pie hole because he still isn't over the fact that his team couldn't get it done 3 years ago. Just unclassy as hell

let sleeping dogs lie...especially if that dog is a Pitbull named Mike Tomlin.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3064/walrus2us4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MACH1
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Yep....Just about as bad as their coverage of McCain during the presidential race. :rolleyes:

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
matt" i wanna run your team further in the ground" please you dont have a right to talk about football. mike "the walrus" who hasnt done shiat since making the super bowl like i wanna hear his whinning all he talked about was the cards, Chris "im the bengal" oozed hatred of the steelers! in all it was patheltic i almost felt sorry for the bus! but at least the bus can give'em all a sweet :fingers: :fingers: !!
makes me wonder if he got a talking too after this ....

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/2/10/f_buscelebratm_4c39e6c.jpg

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I love seeing that fat load with :egg: on his face. Maybe he'll eat himself to death so we don't have to listen to his yap on the air. :pig:

Hey Fatsho - you didn't do SHIT as the Waaaaahawks HC and you aren't going to do SHIT as a commentator.

SC Gamecokk
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Holmgren is just a bitter old fat man with nothing to gain but weight. he's a giant toddler and needs put down to save us from his stupid antics and dumb face. =)

pretty much sums up how i feel about him...he's garbage

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
pretty much sums up how i feel about him...he's garbage

thank you for agreeing with me. =)

iloveben7
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
he was making me so mad. he's obviously still upset about his loss to us in the Superbowl and it seems like he won't get over this one either. oh well who cares

NEPAsteeler
02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Awww. The poor Walrus is STILL upset that his team choked in the Super Bowl. How sad. :coffee:

KitsapSteve
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I now live in the greater Seattle area, This town has NO gotten over the butt kicking from SB 40, The local SB TV coverage was kinda like this, " Ya The Cardinals made it to the SB and the REF's helped the Steelers win the SB 43. Matt "I suck as a QB"Hasselbeck called us the evil empire on TV. its a joke out here, But I got my Steelers....

xFreeWord420x
02-11-2009, 02:41 AM

It ALWAYS sucks.. Every sunday. This is why I mute the TV and listen to DVE and Tunch!

steelballs
02-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Just another case of Steeler envy...get over it fat boy.

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Is that the same FAT MAN that lost the superbowl to John Elway?

You know, Mr I can't win the big game John Elway went ahead and beat the crap out of the defending SB Champs and embarressed them on national TV.

That Mike Holgrem?

SteelMember
02-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Maybe he'll eat himself to death so we don't have to listen to his yap on the air. :pig:

http://adamspage2.tripod.com/images/dhomer.gif

Mmmm. I'm so sweet and tasty. :chuckle:

SCSTILLER
02-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Is that the same FAT MAN that lost the superbowl to John Elway?

You know, Mr I can't win the big game John Elway went ahead and beat the crap out of the defending SB Champs and embarressed them on national TV.

That Mike Holgrem?

Yep, THAT Mike Holmgren! The same one that hasn't done a damned thing since he left Green Bay and Brett Favre! Overrated coach, got greedy and wanted too much power so he went to the Seahags. Good, let him talk crap about us, I will just sit back and enjoy number six!

jjpro11
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
i sure as hell hope we dont have to see his mug on TV next year now that he is on his little "hiatus" from coaching.

fansince'76
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/HH-1.jpg

"It was hard enough for the Cardinals to have to play the Steelers without having to play the refs too."

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

markymarc
02-11-2009, 08:09 PM

I second that. The only one I like on NBC is Bettis. At least he makes an effort.

sackmaster56
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
How about tub-o Madden crying about Harrison beating the crap out of that guy on special teams. He was wrong but he hardly punched the guy. Yeah it was too much and it was flagged. Not hardly to be punished by ejection. Madden along the Fagrus gives The Bus a bad rap just by being associated through NBC. Well maybe not serious but NBC and the NFL looked bad at times with all the questions after the game. The Stillers are still the best team that night. Get over it ney sayers! There is always next year!!.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I like Holmgren, the coaching job he does and the way he teaches, but it was a bit annoying to see him avoid discussing the Steelers at all post game.

It also was a bit much when Al Michaels made some comment about Holmgren must be having a deja vu when some of the penalties were being called on the Cards.

The fact that the ignorant Seahawk fanbase and media still thinks that they got jobbed in XL is so old and wrong. The Ben TD was too close to say either way, otherwise the cryhawks committed all those penalties and hurt themselves.

GutterflowerSteel
02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Did anyone else see the pre game coverage when one of the commentators (forget who) brought up Super Bowl XL and Bettis grinned and held up his hand with his ring and told Holmgren, "Everywhere I go, I take a little piece of YOU with me!" and then he giggled :flap: Someone said, "Oooh, low blow!" and Holmgren was flustered and said something like, "Yeah - thanks alot!"

I LOVED IT! :drink:

Coo - coo - ca - choo!
(He IS the walrus)

SC Steeler Steve
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Did anyone else see the pre game coverage when one of the commentators (forget who) brought up Super Bowl XL and Bettis grinned and held up his hand with his ring and told Holmgren, "Everywhere I go, I take a little piece of YOU with me!" and then he giggled :flap: Someone said, "Oooh, low blow!" and Holmgren was flustered and said something like, "Yeah - thanks alot!"

I LOVED IT! :drink:

Coo - coo - ca - choo!
(He IS the walrus)

Yes, I saw this and it was sweet.