PDA

View Full Version : Steelers breed talent

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 10:14 PM
It absolutely amazes me how year after year somebody comes out of the woodwork and does a stellar job for the Steelers. It is like they simply breed talent whether it be through the draft, unsigned free agents, etc...Think about guys like Willie, Harrison, Holmes, Woodley, etc....just amazes me the eye that the Rooney's have for players who can straight up get it done

StainlessStill
02-11-2009, 02:16 AM
It's not only Rooney, but the whole staff of organization as well. Kevin Colbert is head of player personal, and verifies players by scouting, and what position is needed to upgrade in order for the Steelers to put a product on the field that can earn a Super Bowl victory. We have been the best at this for years, and certainly you'll have your busts, but overall, our team is built through draft rather than free agency, and that's why the Rooneys, along with the coaching staff and Colbert, are the best in the business.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
02-11-2009, 10:59 PM
They DO have an uncanny knack for evaluating talent...outside of Kendal Simmons, Troy Edwards, Jamain Stephens... but everyone has their busts...

I wasn't real familiar with Tomlin, before he was hired, as his name was being tossed around; but I remembered their last (little-known) coach they'd hired, so I trusted the Front Office's evaluation ability when it came to coaches, too. That worked out pretty well...

That's why I say we need to give Sweed & Mendenhall another long look.