PDA

View Full Version : Interesting analogy of Democrats right now

Hammer67
02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Happened to be passing through channels and caught the beginning of Glenn Beck's new show...never watched it before. He had a guy on who wrote a book called "Liberal Fascists" which is interesting in and of itself. They were discussing the spending (er, I mean, stimulus) bill and the pork dripping off of it...the guy made me laugh be referring to the congressional Democrats as the caddies from Caddyshack during the pool scene when they take over.

That's some funny stuff right there.

The Patriot
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Just five months ago Bush proposed and signed a $700 billion dollar bank bailout. The proposal, which began as 3 pages, was submitted as 110 pages. Why do you think the Republicans added 107 pages?

Denks but no denks on dat breedge to nhoware!

SteelCurtain7
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Happened to be passing through channels and caught the beginning of Glenn Beck's new show...never watched it before. He had a guy on who wrote a book called "Liberal Fascists" which is interesting in and of itself. They were discussing the spending (er, I mean, stimulus) bill and the pork dripping off of it...the guy made me laugh be referring to the congressional Democrats as the caddies from Caddyshack during the pool scene when they take over.

That's some funny stuff right there.

I'm hooked on Beck too. :cool:

SteelCityMom
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I make it a point not to trust most politicians, Democrat or Republican. They pretty much all have one agenda...make money for themselves and keep the bankers running this nation happy.

No Democrat or Republican (or any politician for that matter) is going to change anything until they take care of the Federal Banks and the IRS first. Once the government can start printing it's own money again (which it is allowed to do under the constitution) and stops borrowing money with interest from the Federal Banks, we will never see an end to the ups and downs of the economy. It will forever be a tidal wave of economic slavery.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson

Ok sorry, end rant.

revefsreleets
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Just five months ago Bush proposed and signed a $700 billion dollar bank bailout. The proposal, which began as 3 pages, was submitted as 110 pages. Why do you think the Republicans added 107 pages?

Believe it or not, to try and stop some of the abuses now going on. To try and create a little responsibility and oversight.

I know it's a popular view of the left to picture Republicans as fat rich guys standing around eating little kitty cats alive while drinking $300 bottles of champagne and laughing at how many poor people they killed that day, but the reality is probably quite disappointing to those who want to believe they are all satanic evil doers. Usually they just have some subtly different views on how much the government should be "helping" people. God does, after all, help those who help themselves...

The Patriot
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Believe it or not, to try and stop some of the abuses now going on. To try and create a little responsibility and oversight.

I know it's a popular view of the left to picture Republicans as fat rich guys standing around eating little kitty cats alive while drinking $300 bottles of champagne and laughing at how many poor people they killed that day, but the reality is probably quite disappointing to those who want to believe they are all satanic evil doers. Usually they just have some subtly different views on how much the government should be "helping" people. God does, after all, help those who help themselves...

I respect Republicans but what you are describing is closer to Social Darwinism.

revefsreleets
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I respect Republicans but what you are describing is closer to Social Darwinism.

Operative word: "Subtly".

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Glen Beck + Fox News = complete bull shit

7SteelGal43
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM

as opposed to what ? the "truth" you get on CNN ?

RunWillieRun
02-12-2009, 07:45 AM

I'm sure he prefers the left-wing lunacy that spews from Olberman's fat face every day.

Hammer67
02-12-2009, 08:08 AM

Who said Bush was any better...he was a fiscal liberal in my mind.

Any decent fiscal conservative disagreed mightily with Bush on his economic policies.

Hammer67
02-12-2009, 08:12 AM

Personally I don't think the straight news is that slanted, on Fox. Even though they are known for Oreilly' and Hannity, they do have Geraldo and Greta Van Susteran as well, both liberal commentators.

I don't think it's as biased as liberals claim. Besides...since most of the networks are in it for the left, once network trying to give the opposing viewpoint lends to balance, no?

revefsreleets
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
If you want unbiased news, it's NPR of PBS. they are old school, pretty much straight reporting. Everything else is slanted or puff stuff or both.

As for Beck, he at least tosses in a joke or two. Olberman takes himself SO seriously. I'd much rather listen to someone who i disagree with but who pokes a little fun at himself (like Al Franken) than some super serious asshole who thinks everything he says is a the gospel truth.

SteelCityMom
02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
If you want unbiased news, it's NPR of PBS. they are old school, pretty much straight reporting. Everything else is slanted or puff stuff or both.

As for Beck, he at least tosses in a joke or two. Olberman takes himself SO seriously. I'd much rather listen to someone who i disagree with but who pokes a little fun at himself (like Al Franken) than some super serious asshole who thinks everything he says is a the gospel truth.

So true, I can't even stand to watch most news programs on CNN or Fox anymore, they act like there is no way any other opinion other than their own could hold any kind of validity.

PBS is great, it's dry, but you get the info you need, and they don't force feed you opinion pieces.

revefsreleets
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
"Dry" is a strong word. It's actually what news is supposed to be, just straight reporting on things truly newsworthy. No stories about lesbian weddings or Brittany Spears, no puff junk or news teases, just the facts, ma'am...

SteelCityMom
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
"Dry" is a strong word. It's actually what news is supposed to be, just straight reporting on things truly newsworthy. No stories about lesbian weddings or Brittany Spears, no puff junk or news teases, just the facts, ma'am...

Right right, I guess people (myself included) have gotten so used to fanatical reporting and glamor pieces that the real news seems dry and uninteresting. I much prefer it though, and I guess I can thank my daughter for "showing me the light". I never used to watch the news on PBS until I started watching the morning childrens programming with her, and would just watch the news that came on after it.

Hammer67
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM

That is the problem with today's celebrity obbsessed news. We need less of that stuff on the front page....and CNN and Fox both have sections devoted to it on their main pages.

Dino 6 Rings
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
That Koala that survived the fires in Australia, that was good news...

oh wait...this is politics.

I kind of like Tom Coburn out of Oklahoma. He seems like a good honest hard working guy looking out for the people.

Otherwise, most of them, can go scratch. I voted against everyone that voted for the TARP bill for the last election, which means I had to vote for 2 green party candidates and a 3rd party presidential candidate.

Basically...none of the CRAP that pours out of washington this year is my fault at all...

Question. Troops Home Yet? Osama Caught Yet? Banks Fixed Yet? Afganastan fixed yet? Iran Friendly Yet? Got Green Cars yet? Economy fixed Yet?

Right...that's what I thought...

Freedom to live as I want in the Ozarks, try to dig me out fools.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM

My thoughts on the news

Fox News----Right
CNN -- Middle
MSNBC --- Left

cubanstogie
02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
My thoughts on the news

Fox News----Right
CNN -- Middle
MSNBC --- Left

CNN middle, you are either related to Helen Keller or just ignorant. Beck kicks ass. Let me guess you like the stories about the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter in Ca who had 14 kids and feel so happy for her and the 2 million dollars the whacko will cost us tax payers. Obama is a joke so far, along with his crooked cabinet. Thank god I am recession proof because I can laugh at you idiotic liberals instead of cry.

sixstringlass
02-13-2009, 07:31 AM
<mid-term-academic-rant>
The divisions that seem apparent between the Republicans and Democrats or the conservatives and liberals are created by the media. The divisions are much smaller than what the media representations would have us believe that they are.

Why keep pushing the divisions? Because it keeps us distracted and thinking about those distracting things (like Dem vs. Rep, conservative vs liberal, pro-life vs pro-choice, gay marriage, gun rights, et cetera) rather than the fact that our government is a well-paid front for corporate interests.

Big business owns the media. Whose agenda is getting pushed, report after report, day after day? Big business' agenda. There is no "left wing media" or "right wing media." There is only what they want us to see. General Electric owns NBC and dozens of other media venues; CBS is owned by Viacom, along with a couple dozen other media outlets; ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Corporation... the list goes on and on. With so few voices giving us information, how could it not get skewed? The pro-corporate bias in the media is overwhelming... it is the agendas of the moneyed corporate owners and their advertisers that get pushed; not ours, regardless of worldview or political affiliation or anything else.

</mid-term-academic-rant>

SteelCityMom
02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
<mid-term-academic-rant>
The divisions that seem apparent between the Republicans and Democrats or the conservatives and liberals are created by the media. The divisions are much smaller than what the media representations would have us believe that they are.

Why keep pushing the divisions? Because it keeps us distracted and thinking about those distracting things (like Dem vs. Rep, conservative vs liberal, pro-life vs pro-choice, gay marriage, gun rights, et cetera) rather than the fact that our government is a well-paid front for corporate interests.

Big business owns the media. Whose agenda is getting pushed, report after report, day after day? Big business' agenda. There is no "left wing media" or "right wing media." There is only what they want us to see. General Electric owns NBC and dozens of other media venues; CBS is owned by Viacom, along with a couple dozen other media outlets; ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Corporation... the list goes on and on. With so few voices giving us information, how could it not get skewed? The pro-corporate bias in the media is overwhelming... it is the agendas of the moneyed corporate owners and their advertisers that get pushed; not ours, regardless of worldview or political affiliation or anything else.

</mid-term-academic-rant>

Very excellent post, you hit the nail right smack dab on the head.

revefsreleets
02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Actually, Obama WAS a pretty extremely leftwing liberal, which is what had most conservatives up-in-arms. But he quickly was enveloped by the system, and was moved right into the middle (which is actually where this Country needs governed from anyway). Notice I said "moved", not that he moved. The move was made for him...

Again, the major media outlets are all jokey. Only NPR and PBS have any kind of semblence of balance.

Did I actually read someone say that CNN is middle?

Really?

REALLY?

If CNN is moderate, than Richard Nixon was a gay tree hugging peacenik. Please...

7SteelGal43
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
My thoughts on the news

Fox News----Right
CNN -- Middle
MSNBC --- Left

CNN ? Middle ? :rofl:

Hammer67
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
If CNN is moderate, than Richard Nixon was a gay tree hugging peacenik. Please...

Well, he did create the EPA....

:wink02: