PDA

View Full Version : Miners....12 of 13 dead.

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 10:42 AM
How messed up is this? It was first reported twelve of thirteen were found alive, only to find out that the information was wrong and it ended up being twelve of thirteen are dead and one is in critical condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families. :pity:

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/

Prosdo
01-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I was watching the news at like 2AM and they said twelve were alive. I woke up and turned on the news and it says 12 miners found dead. Very sad for the families. I mean seriously how awful is that. You think you have gotten this great miracle that your family member or friend is alive and then it is ripped away. My thoughts and prayers go out to them all.

SteelerDan43
01-04-2006, 11:46 AM
very very sad. Hopes and prayers go out to the families

steelersgirl86
01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Yes it is horrible. i could not believe that these poor people were celebrating when they found out they were alive and then to have all that crushed.....my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends.....

BB2W
01-04-2006, 02:01 PM
This is awful... and obviously would be devistating enough without the false reports, and emotional rollercoaster ride.

Grey
01-04-2006, 03:18 PM
My sympathy goes out for all of those involved.

My Dad was involved in the Quecreek Mine rescue last year, and this stuff hits close to home.

The false report of 12 alive is simply inexcusable.

Here we go.
Grey

clevestinks
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
It is horrible! But it was made even more tragic th eway everyone thought that thier love ones were alive.
R.I.P. God Bless. If you`ve grown up anywhere near the burgh, I`m sure someone related to you, or a friend of yours was a coal miner at what time. Tough tough job, God Bless the families

TasmanianTroy271
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
You notice that when they reported that 12 were alived, it said that the governor's office had not confirmed the reports. What happenend was one of the rescue teams told someone something they shouldn't have. From what I heard, someone said something along the lines of "We found 12 of them" which somehow got to the media, and they interpreted it as 12 were alive. Nothing should have been reported until it was confirmed, but that's the media for you. Always trying to get the big story and be first on the scene with the great news.

SteelerzGirl
01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh god... I remember the Quecreek Mine incident like it was yesterday. It was horrible what those families had to go through until their loved ones were rescued. I can't even begin to imagine what the families of the miners in West Virginia are going through. My prayers are with their families and loved ones.

melroseplace
01-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm also keeping the families and friends of the miners in my thoughts and prayers. the info should not have been reported until it was verified

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Damn, It sucks for the families. Hope They're doing alright.

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Shame, especially considering the circumstances. May they RIP. And prayers to there families.