PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket waiting list

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Is anybody here on the waiting list? (I know its like 15 years haha) but how exactly did you do it? And how long did it take before you heard back from them? I sent in a written request about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure exactly what I needed to include in the request.
Information from anybody on the list on exactly how you did it would be great! thanks!:tt:

Stlrs4Life
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
You did the right thing by sending the request. Now the waiting game begins.

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
You did the right thing by sending the request. Now the waiting game begins.

Are you on the list? I just wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to include in the request (if anything at all specific) I basically just told them I wanted on haha

Iron Gut
02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
They have a PO Box that you send you name, address and phone number to in order to get on the list. Their website has this information.

I have 2 tickets currently and I am on the waiting list for 2 more. I expect to get them either this year or next year. I've been on the list since about 1998.

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
They have a PO Box that you send you name, address and phone number to in order to get on the list. Their website has this information.

I have 2 tickets currently and I am on the waiting list for 2 more. I expect to get them either this year or next year. I've been on the list since about 1998.

Do they give them out 2 at a time? Yea, I sent them all that information. I just wanted to make sure it didn't need to be more extensive. I figure I may as well get on it now while I'm young lol because the last I saw the estimated wait was like 12 years

jjpro11
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
i sent my letter (2 sentences basically) in the week of the afccg and havent heard back either.. maybe they wait until the offseason to respond.

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
i sent my letter (2 sentences basically) in the week of the afccg and havent heard back either.. maybe they wait until the offseason to respond.

Yea I think I sent mine like the week after that game. Alright cool, thanks for sharin

srk173
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
my father and I have been on the waiting list since I was like 13 or 14. I am now going to be 27 in a few weeks. They told us around 12 to 15 years was the waiting list and it should go down when they built the new stadium. needless to say we are still waiting. they never really send you a confirmation about receiving our request, but they use to send a letter every year for single game tickets before ticketmaster took over stating you have not been selected for tickets yet. after the single game tickets go onsale try calling the ticket office, they will tell you about how long of a wait you have for season tickets. good luck but dont hold your breathe on twelve years unless we turn into the lions for some pathetic reason. :tt:

SC Gamecokk
02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
i got on the list spring 2005. last i knew it was a 14 year wait. i'm not in any rush because the last thing i can afford right now is a PSL for two tickets...haha

sackmaster56
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I have been on the list fo about 1 year. It is gonna be long time to wait but I cant really afford it now anyway, like that one guy. At least they give you a chance at other tickets and send you a cool Christmas card. I'm still going every year one way or an other!!

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
i got on the list spring 2005. last i knew it was a 14 year wait. i'm not in any rush because the last thing i can afford right now is a PSL for two tickets...haha

lol I'm right there with ya...just a poor college student right now but figure by the time I'm 35 I'll hopefully be able to afford them haha

steelpride12
02-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Im 17 been on the waiting list for around 4 years now and don't expect them here for around 25+ years man.

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Im 17 been on the waiting list for around 4 years now and don't expect them here for around 25+ years man.

25+ seems a bit long...the longest estimated wait time I've found is 16 years...I mean i know thats not set in stone but 25?

steelpride12
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
25+ seems a bit long...the longest estimated wait time I've found is 16 years...I mean i know thats not set in stone but 25?

Are you serious. Unless the die the season ticket holders every season hold 99% of their tickets. Which mean maybe once a year around 5 seats get new owners. I can see 25 years easily.

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
lol well I hate to say it but if only 5 seats open up per year you may be waiting longer than 25 years my friend :noidea:

I obviously don't know for sure...just going off the various websites I've checked on

rick723
02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Is anybody here on the waiting list? (I know its like 15 years haha) but how exactly did you do it? And how long did it take before you heard back from them? I sent in a written request about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure exactly what I needed to include in the request.
Information from anybody on the list on exactly how you did it would be great! thanks!:tt:

If you're 12 now, when you are 52 or 53???? haha!

Stlrs4Life
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Are you on the list? I just wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to include in the request (if anything at all specific) I basically just told them I wanted on haha

I am already a season ticketholder. But have quite a few friends on the list. How many tickets are you looking for?

Benzbrother
02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I am already a season ticketholder. But have quite a few friends on the list. How many tickets are you looking for?

Only looking for 2 tickets

steelerchad
02-12-2009, 10:59 PM
I've been on the waiting list since 2001. I don't know where I'm at currently, but when I joined they told me there were about 38,000 names on the list. Which means 38,000 of the 65,000 seats Heinz has would need to come available for it to be my turn. They can tell you 12-15 years, but that's based on people actually turning their tickets in which nobody does anymore.

A few people used to turn them in, but not anymore. If you got an estimate in years it was BS. Probably based on the rate people used to turn their tickets back in during the 90's. Since Heinz was built in 2001, they implemented a thing called a PSL, which is pretty much like owning real estate. They can resell it for a profit and they will. They paid around $1k per seat in 01. They go for $7-$8k per seat on the open market now. If somebody doesn't want their tickets anymore they will
A. Transfer them to friends or family or
B. Sell them for a huge profit.

C. Turning them back in doesn't exist anymore because they lose their $1,000 per ticket and the Steelers would get to resale the license. Who would do that.

If the Steelers would tell you I'll bet you could count the number of tickets turned in on one hand since 01. They won't tell you that however. PSL's have ruined any chance you had unless something unforeseen happens.

Either the economy gets so bad nobody can afford them and they have less than face resale value or the Team gets so bad for a 10 year stretch that nobody wants to go anymore.

Neither is likely to happen and even if it did, you probably wouldn't want the tickets any longer because you could get single game tickets for under face value then.

iloveben7
02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
That just amazes me how long the wait is. i'm really glad that my dad's been a season ticket holder for 30+ years and he's gonna pass them on down to me.
I really hope you all get to eventually be on the list.

steeltheone
02-13-2009, 01:09 AM
I also joined late 1997.....No Tickets yet

Jackal
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Your best bet is to try to buy a PSL on the secondary market, you'd just better be prepared to cough up some serious cash. I have not done a ton of research on it, but I would venture to say that the Steelers have some of the highest PSL prices on the secondary market...due to their continuously high demand. 500-level seats at Heinz are going for around $7k per seat, not including the actual tickets. Compare that to M&T Bank Stadium where you can get Club Level PSL's for around $4500/seat. I think Bungles PSL's are going for as low as about $700/seat right now.

I guess that's the price you pay for quality football.

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/

TailgateMel
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM
For the original poster

Yes, when I sent in the letter, they did send me back one saying that they recieved my request & that I was on the waitlist, but that was over 10 years ago.

Mel

Benzbrother
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Your best bet is to try to buy a PSL on the secondary market, you'd just better be prepared to cough up some serious cash. I have not done a ton of research on it, but I would venture to say that the Steelers have some of the highest PSL prices on the secondary market...due to their continuously high demand. 500-level seats at Heinz are going for around $7k per seat, not including the actual tickets. Compare that to M&T Bank Stadium where you can get Club Level PSL's for around $4500/seat. I think Bungles PSL's are going for as low as about $700/seat right now.

I guess that's the price you pay for quality football.

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/

Wow thats pretty insane haha. Well for now (since I'm still in college) I'd imagine I should just stay on the waiting list and hope I fall into some serious money in the future. One can wish right? :tt:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

steelballs
02-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I've had 5 season tickets since the early seventies and will hand them down to my kids / family when the time comes. I know that many of my friends who also have season tickets plan on doing the same thing, so the wait for those on the "list" will continue to be long.

I can't thank my Dad enough for bucking up in the early years and acquiring the tickets when he did or I'd be on the outside looking in too.

Hines4ever
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Sorry for such a dumb question....BUT....how does it work???? How do new season tickets become available???? If I had them, I couldn't imagine ever giving them up and if I did, it woud probably be to someone in my family........:noidea:

Jackal
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Essentially, Hines, they don't...at least not since the advent of PSL's and the proliferation of the online marketplace. There maybe a handful of PSL holders who turn their licenses in every year, but the demand far exceeds supply.

You can, however, buy season tickets on the secondary market (StubHub, etc.) without getting the PSL. PSL holders have to purchase the tickets for their seats every year, or they forfeit their license. Instead of doing that, they'll buy them and turn around and sell them online. Granted, you may not get the same seats every year and you're not entitled to some of the other perks, but at least you can get into the games.

CargoJon
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
What's funny is that wife is a Saint's fan. We've been on the Saints season ticket waiting list for 2+ years.

Who would have thought the Saints would ever have a waiting list for season tix?

T.Richardson
02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Which list is longer. The Packers or the Steelers? hmmm?

westcoastransplant
02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I figured why should I join the list? Its probably way to long that I would question wether or not I would see them. Plus, we've had a few sets of seaon tickets in the family that have been passed down in the family since the 40's. I can usually get tickets when I need them and when the time is right for them to move on again, I will be there.

Benzbrother
02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Which list is longer. The Packers or the Steelers? hmmm?

Not sure of the numbers exactly....but the "estimated" time for the Packers is like 30 years and supposedly 15 for Steelers

steelerNATION
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
12-15 years...that is absolutely crazy...i had no idea it took that long to get season tickets for the steelers...i knew they were obviously expensive, but i never thought about how long the wait would be...just crazy

steelerchad
02-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Like I said earlier, unless something changes drastically like a new 100,000 seat stadium the wait will be much longer than 15 years. When I joined in 2001 there were 38,000 names on the list. For me to make it to the top that means that more than 2,000 seats need to be turned in every year. Trust me, that doesn't happen anymore. Maybe before PSL's in the 80's and 90's when the Steelers were mediocre. With their success and PSL's being valueable real estate that can be sold for a profit I will never see season tickets in my lifetime and I'm now 38. My son maybe, which is why I put him on the list.

Benzbrother
02-14-2009, 11:59 AM
The main reason to be on the list now , is not to get season tickets. I think 90 percent of PSL owners will pass theirs down or sell them for a profit. BUT if you are on the waiting list you get some perks when trying to buy playoff tickets.

Yea I heard about this (and 2 regular season games if I'm not mistaken). It's a pretty good deal