PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions?

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Since today is Friday the 13th, I was just wondering if any of you are superstitious?

Mike and Mike are talking about scary movies....so along that line...What is the scariest movie you have ever watched? For me it would be...Silence of the Lambs...after seeing that for the first time..... I had nightmares for weeks!

NJarhead
02-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Heh, I'm listening to MIke & Mike too.

The only movie that scared the crap out of me as a kid was Amityville II (and it was really just one part).

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies make me feel "uneasy." :chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 07:11 AM

The only movie that scared the crap out of me as a kid was Amityville II (and it was really just one part).

Texas Chainsaw Massacre...I could never watch that movie. I just don't do well with horror films. I spend most of my time with my eyes covered...so what is the point? lol

fansince'76
02-13-2009, 07:18 AM

I saw Phantasm when it first came out in 1979. Sure, it's cheesy as hell to me now, but as an 11-year-old kid at the time, the "Tall Man" scared the hell out of me! This scene in particular gave me a nightmare or two back in the day:

uhh4W8lXCao

HometownGal
02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't believe in superstitions.

The scariest movie I've ever seen was "The Omen". That little sucka is one scary, creepy dude! :horror:

xfl2001fan
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I loved the Phantasm series!!!!

Scariest movie ever?

Jerry McQuire. The thought of Cuba Gooding JR being an NFL player is just spine-tinglingly wrong!

NJarhead
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I saw Phantasm when it first came out in 1979. Sure, it's cheesy as hell to me now, but as an 11-year-old kid at the time, the "Tall Man" scared the hell out of me! This scene in particular gave me a nightmare or two back in the day:

uhh4W8lXCao

I can't see the video and I've never seen Phantasm. However, I do remember the trailor and that dude was definitely creepy!

I think the Exorcist also pretty much scared the crap out of everyone who saw it.

fansince'76
02-13-2009, 07:24 AM
The scariest movie I've ever seen was "The Omen". That little sucka is one scary, creepy dude! :horror:

Agreed....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/365437137_4075639f9d.jpg

HometownGal
02-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Agreed....

Egads - I got the creeps just looking at his face. :horror: :horror: :horror:

NJarhead
02-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Agreed....

My step-brother looked EXACTLY like this kid when he was the same age. I used to bust his chops by inspecting his scalp for "the sign."

SteelCityMom
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I like horror flicks a lot, so not many really scare me anymore, but when I was a kid I was always freaked out by Freddy Krueger and Pinhead from the Hellraiser series.

The scariest movies for my adult life was probably the Better by the Dozen movies...scared my right into not having that many kids for sure lol.

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 08:36 AM
I like horror flicks a lot, so not many really scare me anymore, but when I was a kid I was always freaked out by Freddy Krueger and Pinhead from the Hellraiser series.

The scariest movies for my adult life was probably the Better by the Dozen movies...scared my right into not having that many kids for sure lol.

Better by the Dozen? Wasn't it called Cheaper by the Dozen?

devilsdancefloor
02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
hmm the movie id have to go with the omen or exorist, but i was young when i seen them. but the most disturbing movie that jsut sticks with me is 8mm. It isnt scarey or anything it is jsut the thought of ya know there is a whole underground system for this stuff and freaky arse ppl!

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 09:08 AM
hmm the movie id have to go with the omen or exorist, but i was young when i seen them. but the most disturbing movie that jsut sticks with me is 8mm. It isnt scarey or anything it is jsut the thought of ya know there is a whole underground system for this stuff and freaky arse ppl!

8mm? I never heard of it...what is it about?

kittenfantastico76
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't really believe in all that stuff.. ok maybe I do... I don't walk under ladders, I put an X on my windshield if a black cat crosses my path, but at home I don't let it bother me, my cat, Angus is black... I'd go insane because he ALWAYS crosses my path there. I do this stuff because I figure I'm having a good day why jinx it, but I don't feel like it's the end of the world if I have to walk under a ladder etc.

Scariest movies... hmm Fire in the Sky - I HATE alien movies/tv shows... it freaks me out... I'm better about it now but when I saw that movie at age 15... I couldn't sleep for weeks for fear I'd be taken in the night and probed!!!

Nightmare on Elem Street freaked me out when I saw it for the first time in Middle School - again I couldn't sleep for weeks, now I find the movie comical and doesn't bother me.

My favorite horror person of course is Jason, from Friday the 13th always has been always will be.

I ADORE HORROR movies, and Zombie flicks... although I hate when my boyfriend makes the ZOMBIE noise... it's just creepy!

I love being scared and freaked out.

I will say... I also love Pyscho thrillers such as Silence of the Lambs (one of my favorite), Seven and others like this... psychology has always been a huge thing for me... what makes people tick, what makes them go crazy, what makes them do sick things they do!

Yes... I have been told I'm evil and I'm ok with that.

kittenfantastico76
02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
The ones that freak me out the most are ones that could happen in real life... they sort of freak me out and make me uneasy... 28 Days, Outbreak (wasn't scary really but the thought that something like that could happen is freaky)...

I will say that the SAW Movies - I have NO desire to see... at all... they look extremely lame... I'm not a huge gore person, I'd rather be scared vs. grossed out. And I thought HOSTEL was HORRIBLE!!!!

I will say STRANGELAND sort of freaked me out... but mostly because that could happen... you never know who you're talking to online *raises eyebrow* It creeped me out and to be honest I'm a huge Dee Snyder fan as well.

OOH, OOH House of 1,000 Corpses and Devils Rejects, I enjoyed those, they weren't AMAZING to me but enjoyable.

And I Love the Evil Dead Series - that reminds me I need to add Bruce Campbell to my Short List! I'll be back!!! LOL

Has anyone seen 30 Days of Night - I still haven't gotten to see that... It looks like it would be a creepy Vampire movie.. .vs the ones I love from back in the day that I was into but didn't freak me out.

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2009, 10:23 AM
People

The Exorcist is the Scariest Movie every made. I defy any of you to put that in, the DVD no commercial interuptions. Turn off all the lights, and begin watching it from the opening Scene in Iraq to the end. The scene when Regan comes down stairs during the dinner party and looks at the Astronaut and says "you're going to die up there" and then pisses on the floor...freaky. The scene where she defiles herself with the crucifex, horribly frightening.

I bet, you Will get up at some point and find a reason to put on the lights. You will go to the kitchen to "get a snack" you will not sit through the entire thing without getting goosebumps, hearing noises behind you, getting chills and even, maybe, turning it off cause "this just isn't interesting" HA! Scardy Cat!

Superstitions. My mother and grandmother have Gypsy blood, so yes, I have superstitions. Spilling salt, better throw some over your left shoulder.

SteelCityMom
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Better by the Dozen? Wasn't it called Cheaper by the Dozen?

Yes, yes Cheaper lol...still scared the bejeezus outta me!

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Going on the Friday the 13th theme...Who is your favorite all time #13 player?

Dan Marino

Hammer67
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I never got freaked out by slasher/gore films but good "GHOST" stories creep me out...they really don't make good ones these days, though. Everyone wants that suprise scream moment...I tend to like the building creepy factor.

You know what I was always freaked out by? The Unsolved Mysteries episodes on ghosts...some were just freaky.

This story...probably was the freakiest for me...not the upcoming movie version, but the 2 hour TV version on Discovery Channel....freaked me out big time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_in_Connecticut

kittenfantastico76
02-13-2009, 11:44 AM
People

The Exorcist is the Scariest Movie every made. I defy any of you to put that in, the DVD no commercial interuptions. Turn off all the lights, and begin watching it from the opening Scene in Iraq to the end. The scene when Regan comes down stairs during the dinner party and looks at the Astronaut and says "you're going to die up there" and then pisses on the floor...freaky. The scene where she defiles herself with the crucifex, horribly frightening.

I bet, you Will get up at some point and find a reason to put on the lights. You will go to the kitchen to "get a snack" you will not sit through the entire thing without getting goosebumps, hearing noises behind you, getting chills and even, maybe, turning it off cause "this just isn't interesting" HA! Scardy Cat!

Superstitions. My mother and grandmother have Gypsy blood, so yes, I have superstitions. Spilling salt, better throw some over your left shoulder.

I forgot about the salt over the shoulder... I do that too...

Honestly I finally sat through the Exorcist, in college, it didn't frighten me like I had hoped or thought it would. Now best friends of mine that watched it when they were younger won't go anywhere near the DVD or VHS if it's laying around.

I used to go to Georgetown ALL the time back in the day. One night after being out for the evening in downtown Georgetown (right outside of DC)... we stopped to get some snacks and gas just before getting on Cabin John Parkway to drive home... next to the Gas Station are the steps where part of the movie was filmed... We all climbed the steps for the heck of it... my best friend was in tears because she was climbing the steps remembering the movie vividly... I feel like I'm strange because it didn't freak me out that bad, but I think it was my age .. .had I seen it much younger I'm sure I'd freak out a TON!

Hammer - I agree I like the tension that builds in movies more than the scary part... the part where your heart is beating WONDERING what's going to happen! Ghost stories and things like that make my day... it's SO interesting to me. However I could NEVER watch XFiles/Unsolved Mysteries etc if it had anything to do with ALIENS. I can sit in a room with a ghost all day long and feel better than an Alien... how sad is that?!?!?

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I forgot about the salt over the shoulder... I do that too...

Honestly I finally sat through the Exorcist, in college, it didn't frighten me like I had hoped or thought it would. Now best friends of mine that watched it when they were younger won't go anywhere near the DVD or VHS if it's laying around.

I used to go to Georgetown ALL the time back in the day. One night after being out for the evening in downtown Georgetown (right outside of DC)... we stopped to get some snacks and gas just before getting on Cabin John Parkway to drive home... next to the Gas Station are the steps where part of the movie was filmed... We all climbed the steps for the heck of it... my best friend was in tears because she was climbing the steps remembering the movie vividly... I feel like I'm strange because it didn't freak me out that bad, but I think it was my age .. .had I seen it much younger I'm sure I'd freak out a TON!

Hammer - I agree I like the tension that builds in movies more than the scary part... the part where your heart is beating WONDERING what's going to happen! Ghost stories and things like that make my day... it's SO interesting to me. However I could NEVER watch XFiles/Unsolved Mysteries etc if it had anything to do with ALIENS. I can sit in a room with a ghost all day long and feel better than an Alien... how sad is that?!?!?

Do you ever watch the show Ghost Hunters? Where a crew takes cameras and go in search of ghosts...on ships, old lighthouses, castles..etc...it's not really that scary, very interesting actually, but sometimes they do see some weird stuff happening and even manage to capture "voices" once in a while......now that is creepy. This one episode I watched one of the guys of the group was walking around in a kitchen and all of a sudden "someone" grabbed him by the back of his shirt and tugged on it, but there was NO ONE visible standing behind him...

devilsdancefloor
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
8mm? I never heard of it...what is it about?

Here is the IMDb on the movie.

TeeJay
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
As movies go, Wolf Creek is wrong on many levels- But as for superstitions........No. I kill spiders by breaking mirrors over their heads, then feeding them to Black Cats that have walked across my path.

And if something is going to fall from the workmen above you, it isn't going to land 'under' the ladder - it'll land on the person going out of their way not to go under the ladder.

:noidea:

Steelcitygal87
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
As movies go, Wolf Creek is wrong on many levels- But as for superstitions........No. I kill spiders by breaking mirrors over their heads, then feeding them to Black Cats that have walked across my path.

And if something is going to fall from the workmen above you, it isn't going to land 'under' the ladder - it'll land on the person going out of their way not to go under the ladder.

:noidea:

:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Wolf Creek, is that the Australian Serial Killer Movie? The psycho who was killing back packers and what not.

TeeJay
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Wolf Creek, is that the Australian Serial Killer Movie? The psycho who was killing back packers and what not.

That's the one! The only movie in the last 10 years to make me feel uncomfortable!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=kittenfantastico76;564000]I forgot about the salt over the shoulder... I do that too...

QUOTE]

Ahh...but were you alone in the dark when you watched it in college or hanging out in a dorm room or a community center or even the Theatre when it was re-released.

I'm talking, at home, Alone, DVD, night time, lights out, it will freak you out.

There are even rumors that the soundtrack includes the sounds of bees at a really low pitch where you can only hear them in your subconscious during points in the movie. So you get all scared and have no idea why, and its because...there is the sounds of thousands of bees running through your brain.

Love the Exorcist. Best Movie Ever!

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
That's the one! The only movie in the last 10 years to make me feel uncomfortable!!

Yeah, I sat through that, it was pretty creepy but I think I had already watched or read the real life story that was based off so I kind of knew what was going on.

I actually found the Descent disturbing. Something effed up with being chased around by vampire like albinos in the dark while under ground in a cave you don't know the way out of...that movie stressed me the heck out.

TeeJay
02-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I sat through that, it was pretty creepy but I think I had already watched or read the real life story that was based off so I kind of knew what was going on.

I actually found the Descent disturbing. Something effed up with being chased around by vampire like albinos in the dark while under ground in a cave you don't know the way out of...that movie stressed me the heck out.

Albino Vampires I can live with.

F**ked up, Australian dudes with a lust for killing, and armed with high powered sniper rifles in the middle of no-where just scare the f**k out of me.....cause they actually exist, and that's not a time to be wearing a bright red British and Irish Lions Shirt!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Albino Vampires I can live with.

F**ked up, Australian dudes with a lust for killing, and armed with high powered sniper rifles in the middle of no-where just scare the f**k out of me.....cause they actually exist, and that's not a time to be wearing a British Lions Shirt!!

LMAO! I get it man. I just have a problem with being lost in a cave, that's bad enough, I don't need anything freaking trying to eat me while I'm trying to get out.

Dude with the rifle better not miss, that's all I'm saying. Him I can see and maybe have a chance of fighting, Vampire Cave Dwelling Albino 600 feet beneath the surface of the earth with no way out...yeah...I'm good, no thanks!

T.Richardson
02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Well when I was a kid, I watched a Freddy Krueger movie, and I was scared to go to sleep, and dream for weeks.

TeeJay
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
LMAO! I get it man. I just have a problem with being lost in a cave, that's bad enough, I don't need anything freaking trying to eat me while I'm trying to get out.

Dude with the rifle better not miss, that's all I'm saying. Him I can see and maybe have a chance of fighting, Vampire Cave Dwelling Albino 600 feet beneath the surface of the earth with no way out...yeah...I'm good, no thanks!

Now...an Albino Vampire Australian Sniper Serial Killer........ That's one for Hollywood! :wink02:........(Although I think they already exist in Sydney! :popcorn:)