PDA

View Full Version : It won't go away!!!!!!!!!

cowboykilla
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I just can't shake this feeling of bliss.:applaudit: Not only did our beloved Steelers win number six,but they provided to the world the most exciting Super Bowl finish in history. And to #7 the greatest pass,and to #10 the greatest catch in Super Bowl history.:applaudit: I know all of this has been said before but i just can't let it go! To all my cowboys friends,this is going to be one long year for you guys. It must suck to be a cowboys fan right now.:flap: I'm in football heaven:getdown: Steelers Nation stand the hell up!!! Represent your flag how you want,it's your right!! Remind them that we are THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!! We do the intimidating!:helmet: Oh yeah,Ratbirds suck! :tt03::tt02::tt03::tt02::tt03::tt02:

ambsteeler
02-14-2009, 12:51 PM
same for me i just love the fact that they won this one but if you think this is great just wait till next year if they do what i feel they will do then i will be even greater i have been a fan since 93 i was 8 yrs old this one one was my favorite season and for some reason i just feel they may repeat

Guttpuppy
02-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm with ya bro. The last 2 weeks of my life have been so-so, regular problems and such, but I just can't seem to get this smile off my face.

Amazing season by a superior team.:tt03:

stillers4me
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I know what you mean. What a great feeling!

I was on the treadmill at the gym this morning listening to my ipod. My favorite song that reminds me of the Steelers came on and I wondered if anyone was wonder why I had tears on joy in my eyes!

It was "We got it going on" by Bon Jovi. (Lost Highway) It would make a great stadium song.

We Got It Goin' On
We'll be banging and singing just like the rolling stones
We're gonna shake up your souls, we're gonna rattle your bones
'Cause We Got It Goin' On.

You got a ticket to kick it, I wanna hear you scream now.
'Cause tonight you got the right to let your hair down.
Everybody's getting down, we're getting down to business
Insane, freak train, you don't wanna miss this.

We Got It Goin' On
We'll be banging and singing just like the rolling stones
We're gonna shake up your souls, we're gonna rattle your bones
'Cause We Got It Goin' On.

StainlessStill
02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I feel the same way. This is the ultimate high, and I will forever cherish it. History may repeat itself, but it only happens once.

CHEERS TO OUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS!:helmet:

crcsnail
02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
ditto here. i cant get enough of reading about it and watching vids .just great !!!
wifey says i am officially sad !!

SteelCityKing
02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
i'm STILL talking about that game. my grandmother and me just had a 2 hour conversation about it...only to get a call from my aunt and talk to her about it for another hour.

this year will live in infamy for Steeler fans. but in a good way. this is the year we will talk about for years to come. the ONLY way we can get this grin off our faces and the feeling out of our hearts is if we totally bomb next year. but i just don't see that happening at this point. we can have a dozen more shitty years, but we'll still have this one.

i'd said it once and i'll say it again...man i LOVE being a Steelers fan! =)

(that quote was from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...i just polished it up a bit!)

crosby87penguins
02-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah... still looking forward to the America's Game thing from NFL Films, and seeing what the ring will look like.

SC Steeler Steve
02-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I also cant get this SB win off my mind. Its almost like I myself am getting a SB ring. I cant even put my finger on why this one feels even better than #5 but to me it does. I work with a couple Cowboys, and Broncos fans. There are 4 of us Steeler fans that I see everyday at work, every time we Steeler fans see each other in passing we smile big smiles at each other and we know why. My Cowboys and Broncos friends are hating on us daily...

DAMN I LOVE THE STEELERS

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't think I'm gonna come down from the clouds until the Steelers last game next season, which hopefully will be as victors in SB XLIV! :tt02::tt03:

steelfanman
02-14-2009, 08:19 PM
It won't go away, and I won't let it go away. I have the game on my DVR still, and I've watched it twice, NFL Replay twice, and Inside the NFL twice, plus NFL Game of the Week, Livewire, and every piece of highlight I can find....for the last 3 weeks.

My wife and I still get a pit in our stomach when Fitz goes for 64. We both STILL emit an audible screech with every Big Ben scramble and Holmes catch of the final drive...and still hold our breath every time we see the winning catch (which must be 50 times now at least)....and the spectacle of that play never goes away.

I've been reading the Steelers Digest one page per day, sad of the day I will reach the last page. Downloaded, printed, and read twice the Tribune Review special sections. I just received my 3 SI copies today (more to read next week), and I haven't NOT worn a Steelers shirt every day for the last 4 weeks.

And I engage everybody who looks at me, calls me out, and every Cardinals fan that stares at me gets a victorious glare right back.

Someone at work told me to get over it the other day. I think now I'll get my Steelers clothes ready for another week now just for him saying that.

It won't go away, and I won't let it go away. Oh man this one feels so sweet!

steelerbackr4life
02-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I cant get rid of the feeling either. Sometimes I just look at my family members and say simply 6.
I also have this weird little self rule. Once the new season starts I hang up my Steeler Flag at the top of the front entrance to my home about 20 feet. This also is the signal that I can once again where my Steeler gear. (I can go 2 weeks withoout wearing the same Tshirt.) If they do not win the last playoff game of the year I take down the flag and then burn it in my fire pit. I also do not wear my tshirts they get packed away until the new year then the whole process starts over. Extremely bizarre I know. But I cant tell you how good it feels to wake up and still have my drawer of Steeler shirts to choose from and to come home everyday and know that the Black and Gold will be waving uninterupted until atleast next February :)

CPanther95
02-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm even excited to see the ring design.

chucoblack&gold
02-15-2009, 01:58 AM
I love it too! The way our Steelers won all season has all the haters speechless.

GO STEELERS!!:tt:

MasterOfPuppets
02-15-2009, 03:24 AM
It won't go away, and I won't let it go away.

My wife and I still get a pit in our stomach

It won't go away, and I won't let it go away. Oh man this one feels so sweet!you should seek medical attention for erections lasting longer than 4 hours......:toofunny:

steelfanman
02-16-2009, 12:44 AM
you should seek medical attention for erections lasting longer than 4 hours......:toofunny:

What do you do for a 6 month erection? I'm carrying this one until training camp!

LVSteelersfan
02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
I went to wine country in Temecula, CA this weekend wearing my Steelers jacket. One of the wineries I walked into, a woman walked up to me and grabbed me and had her friend take a picture of us in my Steelers jacket. Her friend is a Clowns fan and we had a blast reminding her we were the world champs and her team was basically NONEXISTANT. OH WHAT A FEELING. And it isn't Toyota.

bratsinmybelly
02-16-2009, 01:25 AM
I'll be drinking this kool-aid for months!!