PDA

View Full Version : Begging the Mods. . .

Preacher
02-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Can we please get one Willie sucks thread, one Arians Sucks thread, and one Ben sucks thread, and sticky them. . .

That way, we don't have to see them scattered throughout the forum anymore?

Just a thought.

BTW, good luck in the offseason. Thank goodness we won the SB right? :laughing:

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Can we please get one Willie sucks thread, one Arians Sucks thread, and one Ben sucks thread, and sticky them. . .

That way, we don't have to see them scattered throughout the forum anymore?

Just a thought.

BTW, good luck in the offseason. Thank goodness we won the SB right? :laughing:

I really haven't noticed any particular threads like that in the past couple of weeks - just a comment here and there in threads pertaining to Ben, Willie and Arians. It wouldn't matter anyway - I could open up three separate threads and people would start another one anyway to have their "name in the limelight". :banging:

Yes - thank GOD we won the Super Bowl!! :applaudit::tt02: We really do have lives outside of this board and had we not won that game, it would have been sheer HELL around here and we'd be living here day and night. Ughhhh - just the thought of it! :horror:

tony hipchest
02-15-2009, 05:09 PM
while were at it, we might as well sticky 1 Dems are HYPOCRITES thread.

that pretty much sums up any political "discussion" we will see on this board for the next 8 years (if not longer).

:coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2009, 06:02 PM
And one LLT is the sexiest....smartest....and most interesting member of the forum sticky. It would so much easier for me to write them ......uh...I mean read them.... if they were all in one spot.
:tomato:

Steelcitygal87
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
And one LLT is the sexiest....smartest....and most interesting member of the forum sticky. It would so much easier for me to write them ......uh...I mean read them.... if they were all in one spot.
:tomato:

You forgot one........the most delusional :wink02: lol jk

MACH1
02-15-2009, 06:24 PM
We need an Obama Koolaid Drinker sticky too. :rolleyes:

Preacher
02-16-2009, 01:16 AM

that pretty much sums up any political "discussion" we will see on this board for the next 8 years (if not longer).

:rofl:

Wow. I guess the hundreds of "Bush Sucks" threads were ok though.

A little overlooked difference. The political threads are discussing different issues. The football threads are discussing the same issue.

But lie to yourself all you need to.

steelwall
02-16-2009, 01:25 AM

Come on Toney, you're an expert in dishing it out as well. Lord knows the "Bush bashing" threads have been all over the place here not even mentioning Mcain/Palin.

BUT, back to the REAL topic I think Preacher is on to something. Title the sticky threads "problems with Willie, Arians, Ben...ect...ect...

I'm not against censoring these people but it does get old seeing the same arguments over and over.

I'm glad! we won the superbowl, as it has scilenced most haters, but the fact is ..... this is a Steelers board, many people have been fans through thick and thin, and have kept an upbeat attitude. I will call a lame duck when I see it, but I will also ALLWAYS support the black and gold, no matter who our cast is.

Preacher
02-16-2009, 01:44 AM
So just why is LITP a mod?

(Figured that'll get this thread closed...

Or me a month ban :chuckle: ).

steelwall
02-16-2009, 01:54 AM

Who's LITP?:noidea:

Preacher
02-16-2009, 03:59 AM

Maybe Tony or Rev can answer this one.

:whistle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2009, 04:23 AM

the recipient of my best post ever!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Preacher
02-16-2009, 04:31 AM
the recipient of my best post ever!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:link:

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 06:56 AM

You'll get a ban for being a post HO but not for bringing up LITP. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
:link:

Heres the post....This specific day was special to Tony & I....we handed him a serious beatdown after he spent the better part of a week arguing with us by deflecting...changing our words...creating diversions....(also keep in mind that he was British...just to keep it in context.)

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
THATS IT!!!! Thank you for crystalizing what I have been for the last several weeks.

I am just now beginning to understand how the Boston Tea Party actually happened

(Late 1700's)

MY ancestor: "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION"

LITP's ancestor: "So are you saying that you would rather be taxed harshly and have a representative?"

My ancestor: "What ..thats not what I said!"

LITP's ancestor: "So your failure to answer my question shows me that indeed you want taxation but have no idea how much?"

My ancestor: "NO!..Thats not what I'm saying..I am saying that unless you give us a voice in regards to taxation or parlimentary procedure...we will NOT pay taxes and will in fact throw your OVERTAXED tea into the harbor!!"

LITP's ancestor: "Actually tea is made after brewing..I think you meant that you would throw the tea leaves into the harbor. Please get your facts straight. Since you dont know the difference between the two, it leads me to believe that your theory on revolt is not very well thought out."

My ancestor: "You are beginning to piss me off."

LITP's ancestor: I like biscuits with my tea..therefore your anger is misdirected in a metaphysical direction that completely ignores elements related to the essence of middle eastern socio-economical reasoning.

My ancestor:"Countdown to me sticking a musket up your butt?" :countdown

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 10:26 AM

I heard mentioning LITP would get you arrested. Go get on a plane and come east. The Pittsburgh Police want to talk to you.

You'll get a ban for being a post HO but not for bringing up LITP. :chuckle:

Oops, I guess that answers your question. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-16-2009, 10:45 AM
:laughing: it was a post of beauty. im gonna have to go back and read that LITP beatdown.

as for the hundereds of "bush bashing" threads..... :toofunny:

you cant believe everything revs posts. he's tried to pin the label of bush basher on me for months and it simply isnt gonna stick.

maybe you all are seeing phantoms of the past. :noidea: maybe these figments of your imagination are carried over from another board or maybe you want to see it so bad you begin to believe it. maybe you watch too much msnbc. :hunch:

i did a search and their are a meager 17 threads with Bush in the title. :chuckle:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/search.php?searchid=203240

most are started by bush supporters, infact the 1 titled "bush bashing" was started by suit. i started only 2. 1 about bush taking n. korea of the "axis of evil" list , and another commending bush's crafty skills in dodging the shoes that were thrown at him. both were complimentary. :hatsoff:

obama?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/search.php?searchid=203244&pp=30

77 threads and once again the clear majority are started by obama bashers! :toofunny:

anyone smell a trend here?

but thats cool. you guys will be hard pressed to find a single post where i bash a sitting president. thats about as classy as booing one as they are out the door.

17 < 100's (but im the one lying to myself) :rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
I have one for the mods...since its the off season, can we allow a certain guy who's name begins with "J" back onto the forum so we can assualt him with insults over and over again and just have a good time giving him a hard time?

fansince'76
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I have one for the mods...since its the off season, can we allow a certain guy who's name begins with "J" back onto the forum so we can assualt him with insults over and over again and just have a good time giving him a hard time?

It would be interesting to see if his opinion of "Godsend" has changed. :chuckle:

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Why would we do that when we have a couple of "dartboards" around here now? :chuckle:

Seriously, though, those who earn a ban are deserving of such. Gary and I both hate banning people but when they keep "brushing" the ban button, we help 'em out a little. :chuckle:

Preacher
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Hmmm...

Now tongue in cheek sarcasm is being spun as support Tony?

:eyeroll:

Seems that is about as accurate as a search for political threads only by using the name of the president. :chuckle:

Guess we wouldn't want to go look at all the actuall POSTS now would we?♠

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg

"I see bush bashing threads."

you are seeing "things" i am not sure are there.

17< 100's + millions

type in "President" and it yields 10 results (8 of which are about obama and 1 that is general).

search "President Bush" and it yields 1 single result-

speaking of a jeremy revival here is that one single result along with the 2nd best post in the thread. (i'll leave it up to you to guess if i think my single post in the entire thread was the best) :chuckle: :wink:-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8633

President Bush as Mr. Vincent Saw Him

dont kid yourself, Johnson County,Kansas outside of KC, is pretty reflective of America. in fact, the state of Missouri has been probably the most accurate bellweather of who wins the general election over the last 100 years.

that being said, the Bengals suck!

:toofunny:

absolutely brutal bashing going on in there. :rolleyes:

Dynasty
02-17-2009, 08:49 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8633

Just looking at this thread... why did Lyn get banned?

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
from what i remember it was for taking typical messeage board posting to WAY to personal of a level and stating how bad this board sucked and how other boards were SO much better.

my memory may be a little fuzzy on the matter though (after all, weve had thousands of members come and go).

MACH1
02-17-2009, 10:54 PM
from what i remember it was for taking typical messeage board posting to WAY to personal of a level and stating how bad this board sucked and how other boards were SO much better.

my memory may be a little fuzzy on the matter though (after all, weve had thousands of members come and go).

That thread is way old, 2006.

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
That thread is way old, so is the imaginary SF bush bashing myth.

do you see dead people too? :wink02:

MACH1
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
so is the imaginary SF bush bashing myth.

No, but I do see 57 states in our future. :laughing:

steelwall
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
so is the imaginary SF bush bashing myth.

Yeap you proved it.....you never bashed Bush..:coffee:

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeap you proved it.....you never bashed Bush..:coffee::hatsoff: thank you.

still waiting for evidence of this though...

Lord knows the "Bush bashing" threads have been all over the place here

...but not holding my breath for an actual effort to provide it.

:busted:

steelwall
02-17-2009, 11:55 PM
:hatsoff: thank you.

still waiting for evidence of this though...

...but not holding my breath for an actual effort to provide it.

:busted:

You are actually serious.. I noticed you didn't address my first post in this thread that included Mcain/Palin. But I guess you never bashed them either?

I admit I was against Obama as president all the way. But now that he is I respect the man for being the president of my country. See....not so hard.

tony hipchest
02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
No, but I do see 57 states in our future. :laughing:

if it were my call the extra 7 states would be called-

canada
mexico
iraq
iran
korea
puerto rico
and some random country in africa.

but then again... its not me.

"carpe diem"

Preacher
02-18-2009, 01:24 AM

canada
mexico
iraq
iran
korea
puerto rico
and some random country in africa.

"carpe diem"

See, if you were a Bengal fan, you would say Florida, California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, utah, and Idaho :chuckle:

HometownGal
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM

canada
mexico
iraq
iran
korea
puerto ricoand some random country in africa.

"carpe diem"

Puerto Rico is U.S. territory, so pick another hipcheese. :wink02: How 'bout Bumfook, Egypt?