PDA

View Full Version : Pat White

Steely McSmash
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Do you think Pat White might be a good pick in later rounds?

He could fill several roles:

KR/PR
4th /5th WR
Gadget player
emergency QB

SunshineMan21
02-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I like White--I think it's unlikely we would use him as a PR, but he's a versatile, high-upside pick we could make in the late rounds.

KeiselPower99
02-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I have seen a few mocks where he is projected as a 2nd rd pick by the Dolphins. I personally think he will be there in the 4th rd if we want to try to make him a Randel El kinda player. I think we have more pressing needs though.

Steeldude
02-15-2009, 12:21 AM
he has the same problem as kordell. he only wants to play QB.

i say take him if he ever reaches his senses and realizes he is a WR, not a QB.

Believe43
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Take him at his own words, doesn't exactly sound like Kordell.......Plus he is a Steeler fan himself most likely because he has seen what the Steelers have done with college quarterbacks with other talents, could be the best one ever. I think if he is available at the right time in the draft to the Steelers they should not hesitate to take him.

Keeping his option open

Pat White is intent on playing quarterback at the next level.

The former West Virginia standout, however, said he is open to playing another position if it helps him establish a role with an NFL team.

"I just want to get on the field," White said.

White, one of the most accomplished players in West Virginia history, is the only quarterback in college football history to win four bowl games.

Yet questions about his consistency as a passer coupled with his wondrous athletic ability make White one of the biggest wild cards in the NFL draft.

Some teams may covet him as a wide receiver and kick returner as well as a quarterback, and his array of skills may best lend themselves to White running the "Wildcat" in the NFL.

A handful of teams used the sub-package last season, and it does not look like it is going away any time soon. The spread of the "Wildcat" could enhance the value of multi-talented players like White.

"I think it gives me another opportunity to help somebody out," White said.

lilyoder6
02-23-2009, 08:19 AM
white was doing a very good job yesterday as a qb and throwing the ball...

and then during his pro day, he will be do the WR skills

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I thought we already made a later round pick of a versatile QB that could fill many roles ..........last year. :noidea:

I think if Dennis Dixon didnt have his acl injury last season that he would have got much of the same attention at White is this year. I really cant see us selecting him with Dixon already on the roster, but who knows.

KeiselPower99
02-23-2009, 02:13 PM
From what I read earlier he was the most impressive qb at the combine. If he keeps it up I think he could become the number 3 qb in the draft.