PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day has it's perks!

SteelCityKing
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
check out what came in the mail for me today! =)

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt113/jakeorama/Steeler%20Memorabilia/hines2.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt113/jakeorama/Steeler%20Memorabilia/hines1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt113/jakeorama/Steeler%20Memorabilia/hiens3.jpg

i love it. i ordered it from Clarktoys.com. i wasn't expecting it until Monday, but i was surprised when my girlfriend said it was on the dining room table. it felt like Christmas morning.

it's and NFL Exclusive and it was roughly $37 with shipping and handling. but it's totally worth it.

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Nice! Congrats.

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow - that's awesome SCK! :thumbsup:

Now - the BIG question - where did you snag that great pic of Jeff Reed in the background?

PisnNapalm
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Ummm dude... I collect these figures too and I found about a dozen of them on ebay for $14.99 plus $8 shipping. Just ordered one for myself and I found a Wille Stargell figure I didn't have.

$30 is a bit high. Sorry dude.

kittenfantastico76
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
awesomeeeee!!!

I actually stumbled across a find of the Steelers way... in Nashville TN of all places. We went to Opry Mills after lunch... the place was jam packed (outlet mall)... but the bonus was finding a sports store, in Titans country, that had not only a front display but TONS of Steelers stuff... and just a small corner for the Titans stuff... WOO HOO!

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow - that's awesome SCK! :thumbsup:

Now - the BIG question - where did you snag that great pic of Jeff Reed in the background?

i'm sorry. i don't see a picture of Jeff Reed. the only pictures i see of any other people are of me and my girlfriend. haha!

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Ummm dude... I collect these figures too and I found about a dozen of them on ebay for $14.99 plus $8 shipping. Just ordered one for myself and I found a Wille Stargell figure I didn't have.

$30 is a bit high. Sorry dude.

maybe. but it's still worth it. i don't really do eBay. i just like to order direct. plus, most of the figures on ClarkToys.com are around $16.99 and the Hines was $25ish. so, total was around $30 with shipping. it's not that big of a deal...it's just worth it to me.

i want a Stargell and Clemente. those are the ONLY Pirate figures they have out in Sports Picks. but they have 14 versions of Derek Jeter! haha! i think they need a Mazeroski figure. straight up.

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
awesomeeeee!!!

I actually stumbled across a find of the Steelers way... in Nashville TN of all places. We went to Opry Mills after lunch... the place was jam packed (outlet mall)... but the bonus was finding a sports store, in Titans country, that had not only a front display but TONS of Steelers stuff... and just a small corner for the Titans stuff... WOO HOO!

they say you'll run into that in EVERY city. that's a great sign of Steeler Nation! =)

PisnNapalm
02-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Here's a pic of my collection. It hangs on the wall just above my desk.

Hines will be there soon as will another variation of Stargell.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/DSC00895.JPG

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:05 PM

the only one's i don't have are the Stargell and Clemente, Roethlisberger 1st edition, and Faneca. my big one is Harris autographed and Lambert chase variant. i also have a chase variant of Polamalu (no sleeves/white jersey) but he's loose. i have a lot of looses figures and i want to re order them packaged.

that's a nice collection though. holy hell! haha!

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 06:07 PM

NICE collection...very cool :thumbsup::tt03:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:12 PM
dude, do you prefer the older packaging or the newer packaging?

personally, i'm partial to the older packaging. they seem to fit nicer on shelves and what not. *shrugs*

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
i'm sorry. i don't see a picture of Jeff Reed. the only pictures i see of any other people are of me and my girlfriend. haha!

Must be the chocolates I got for Valentines Day - looks like Polamalu behind your new "toy" in the first picture. :chuckle::doh::doh: HAHA!

PNP - wow -- you have quite the collection! :drink: They all look great, but my fave out of your collection is the Clemente one! :thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Must be the chocolates I got for Valentines Day - looks like Polamalu behind your new "toy" in the first picture. :chuckle::doh::doh: HAHA!

PNP - wow -- you have quite the collection! :drink: They all look great, but my fave out of your collection is the Clemente one! :thumbsup:

i love how you know better not to call them "toys"! haha!

that picture of Polamalu is from the Sports Illustrated this year. i have them all framed and hung up on the wall. i have to do some rearranging and i'll get them all hung up and take a picture for you guys. it's just part of my shrine. =)

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
i love how you know better not to call them "toys"! haha!

that picture of Polamalu is from the Sports Illustrated this year. i have them all framed and hung up on the wall. i have to do some rearranging and i'll get them all hung up and take a picture for you guys. it's just part of my shrine. =)

LOL! :toofunny:

I'll look forward to seeing your "shrine" - sounds like it's going to be awesome! :drink:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
LOL! :toofunny:

I'll look forward to seeing your "shrine" - sounds like it's going to be awesome! :drink:

it's embarassing how sick it is. not that i am embarassed of my team, but the crap i have is just unbelievable! haha!

MACH1
02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Remind me not to post pics of my Steelers/Lakers room.

Wouldn't want HTG to make fun of me. :wink02:
At least I have an excuse, the wife wont let me decorate the rest of the house in black n gold. :laughing:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Remind me not to post pics of my Steelers/Lakers room.

Wouldn't want HTG to make fun of me. :wink02:
At least I have an excuse, the wife wont let me decorate the rest of the house in black n gold. :laughing:

i let the rest of the house for my girlfriend to decorate. i told her, spend as much time and money as you want on the rest of the house. i'll fix and help you with anything you need...i promise. aslong as you don't touch my office/art room/Steeler room! we agreed and she hasn't. once we move into a bigger house, i'm doing a whole room that is my office and if he have a 2 bedroom and we have kids later on...they're getting bunkbeads until they are 18 and moving out!

sometimes a man just needs his own personal space and that space is the Steeler room. (and the bathroom 3 times a day!)

MACH1
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
sometimes a man just needs his own personal space and that space is the Steeler room. (and the bathroom 3 times a day!) haha!

That works great until you have kids, especially any boys. Trust me I know, I have a six year old going on eighteen. :chuckle: He wants sooo bad to play with my figures, but he knows not to mess with em.

And you'll be sharing the crapper and shower too for awhile. :chuckle: They want to be just like dad and do everything that dad does. So ya gotta train them right. When to fart and when not too. Its only ok to fart on mom and not dad. :toofunny:

PisnNapalm
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
dude, do you prefer the older packaging or the newer packaging?

personally, i'm partial to the older packaging. they seem to fit nicer on shelves and what not. *shrugs*

I definitely prefer the all plastic packaging. I don't have to worry about bending it or of it being damaged as easily.

All of these figures are ones that I have found in local stores here near Philly. The Hines Ward and variant Stargell are the first ones I've ever ordered. I'll post a new pic once they arrive. :)

I find when I'm sitting here at the desk that I will just kick back in my chair, look up and stare at them. I love em! :tt:

I gotta get a Bettis. I never did find it in the stores.

MACH1
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I like the older plastic packaging myself. Like PNP says, don't have to worry as much about damage. Takes up less space on the wall too.