PDA

View Full Version : Butler not hired by Cards

devilsdancefloor
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
http://ktar.com/sports/?sid=1040862&nid=23

Cardinals promote from within, hire Davis as defensive coordinator
February 13th, 2009 @ 10:34am by Sports 620 KTAR

Sports 620 KTAR sources learned that the Arizona Cardinals have decided to hire from within for their vacant defensive coordinator position, promoting linebackers coach Bill Davis.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt moved quickly with the hire in the possibility that Davis would be up for other jobs, such as the defensive coordinator position with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Davis came to the Cardinals organization when Whisenhunt was hired two years ago.

Prior to joining the Cardinals Davis was the defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers for two seasons.

In his 17 years of coaching in the NFL Davis has worked under Bill Cowher, Dom Capers, Marvin Lewis and Dick LeBeau among others.

gee i wonder how he got the job! so hopefully butler stays put! I think he has our young LBer's on track or even a bit ahead of the curve.

lilyoder6
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM
thats good that butler can stay

The Duke
02-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Great :tt:

This conflicting reports of who was the favorite were scaring me. But at least we now retain LeBeau's potential succesor

KeiselPower99
02-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Fn A

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think Butler would have taken the Cards' job, as he has repeatedly stated that he wants to stay put here in the Burgh. He knows he is the heir apparent to Papa Lebeau.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt moved quickly with the hire in the possibility that Davis would be up for other jobs, such as the defensive coordinator position with the Kansas City Chiefs.

I almost would have liked to have seen Davis go to the Chiefs. Wiz has no problem trying to snake us - it would have been quite amusing to see the tables turned on him. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Cards fans are crushed.

Cardinals | Davis expected to be named defensive coordinator
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:29:25 -0800

Scott Allen, of Raising Zona, reports the Arizona Cardinals are set to name linebackers coach Billy Davis as the team's new defensive coordinator, according to KTAR Radio.

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think Butler would have taken the Cards' job, as he has repeatedly stated that he wants to stay put here in the Burgh. He knows he is the heir apparent to Papa Lebeau.

I almost would have liked to have seen Davis go to the Chiefs. Wiz has no problem trying to snake us - it would have been quite amusing to see the tables turned on him. :chuckle:

Why would you want to leave when he is the heir apparent?

Galax Steeler
02-15-2009, 06:45 AM
This is great news hopefully he will stay put.

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 06:48 AM

That's exactly what I said above.

SteelersMongol
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh, thank goodness he stayed with us. :applaudit: I was little worried.

... Sports 620 KTAR sources learned that the Arizona Cardinals have decided to hire from within for their vacant defensive coordinator position, promoting linebackers coach Bill Davis...

They didn't hire him, cuz they were still mad about 'em being "cheated" by the refs at the last SB game. :wink02:

rick723
02-15-2009, 05:45 PM

Everyone thought Wiz was going to be the head coach too. I am Glad we got Coach T btw.

revefsreleets
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
The Cards are done.

Dino 6 Rings
02-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm still amazed they fired their D Coordinator. It wasn't his idea to kick off to start the game with the best scoring offense in the playoffs.

markymarc
02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
The Cards are done.

Especially if they don't bring back Warner.