PDA

View Full Version : Ross gone..Williams & Reed about to resign

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Oliver Ross will sign a deal w/ the cards today! and Vincent may be headed there as well too.

But willie williams and Jeff reed are both on the verge of signing long term deals to stay w/ the Steelers.

Im glad to get willie back..he gives us a decent veteran back there in case taylor or coclough arent quite ready. and Jeff Reed, man, Im glad we get his azz back in the black n gold. He deserves a nice contract for a great year with us.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05064/466817.stm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_310143.html

clevestinks
03-06-2005, 08:39 AM
And to think last year Reed almost got cut. great year for Reed

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2005, 09:50 AM
funny how life works out for him, he comes into hienz field one rainy cold day, kicks himself into the starting job, and now he's about to get a nice reward for his dedication and hard work.

Great guy !

clevestinks
03-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree, you really have to tip your hat to him. Kicking FG`s in Heinz field is not automatic

ironcitychef
03-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah this is a good deal. I can understand Ross and VIncent going cause people will overpay, but we needed to keep Reed. I guess we did it when we tended him an offer so no one else would take him. Williams is solid. He got picked on in the Championship game, but It would not have been a story if we hadn't thrown three picks.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
and fumbled the ball. the picks we knew were ocming but the fumble by bettis and othier is what sent the team down.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 02:21 AM
oh God..the memories..I just cant shake them... :o :crutches: :crying02:

clevestinks
03-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Williams got a two year deal today No $$ mentioned. Welcome back Willie

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 04:26 PM
http://secure2.steelers.com/article/51252/

yeah boy..good to have you back man !!

clevestinks
03-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Just saw Reed signed also, got our kicker in place props to Reed

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 07:52 PM
ya willie and REED....

Steelersfan
03-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Williams is solid. He got picked on in the Championship game, but It would not have been a story if we hadn't thrown three picks.

Williams picked on? The ones I remember are the two bombs that Townsend got burnt on!

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
what are u smoking it wasnt townsend getting burned, dotn know what game u were watching lol. or FS got burned on those long bombs.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Our free safety froze, looking right into Brady`s eyes

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:21 PM
ya Reed rly did good for us last year and has shown to be a top 10 k.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
If you can kick in Heinz field you can kick almost anywhere

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 04:43 PM
x2.. Heinz is by far the worst field to kick on...and Reed somehow has it figured out.. *knock on wood *

and yeah, Chris Hope got burnt a time or 2 in the playoffs. Troy played well for the most part, but still he let some WR get behind him too much.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:55 PM
ya then adam comes to our feild and kicks a breaks the record for longest field goal in our feild. and troy was still showing hes a young play and very aggr he loves yto hit and came up to far and brady saw it and went deep.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Troy still needs to learn to read the QB's eyes, but at the same time, not jump on the first signal they give off.

But he'll learn, and I'll take him over most any other safety in the league.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
troy ill take over any SS in the league dotn care bout the Ratbirds hehe, trot is the man.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 05:02 PM
hell yah, screw the ratbirds.... we can handle those tards...when its on w/ them..scheme goes out the window and its a slug fest anyways, from start to finish.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
ya veyr ture and with lewis getting hurt every game lol, and plus who hurt heap last yera? oh ya we did hell be scared to get hurt again hehe. smells dropped balls in the future for the ratbirds.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds sounds good

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 06:31 PM
we should make a new fight song out of that lol.just for the ratbirds lol

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 07:29 PM
how about a song about the stains

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
lol stains and the fins >:)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds,Screw ratbirds sounds good

couldnt have said it better myself..except for using expletives that arent proper for this forum. :D

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
hehe i dint think Ross was very good to beginw ith so not sad to let him go.

Steelersfan
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
what are u smoking it wasnt townsend getting burned, dotn know what game u were watching lol. or FS got burned on those long bombs.

What am I smoking? ....lol Maybe you should read my post again. I was talking about the comment on Williams and never mention either of our safeties. When the safeties didn't help or made the wrong reads it was Townsend that was getting toasted not Williams.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 11:53 PM
What am I smoking? ....lol Maybe you should read my post again. I was talking about the comment on Williams and never mention either of our safeties. When the safeties didn't help or made the wrong reads it was Townsend that was getting toasted not Williams.

ya kid u said the CB got burned u were wrong thats why i said S,so pot down the pipe lol.and plus u still syaing Cb u wrong look below mine some oen agrees with em not u so what doe that say u wrong so calm down lol.

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
ya kid u said the CB got burned u were wrong thats why i said S,so pot down the pipe lol.and plus u still syaing Cb u wrong look below mine some oen agrees with em not u so what doe that say u wrong so calm down lol.

Number one I am no "kid" so no need to call me one.
I am not gonna argue over it. Go watch the game again and tell me who was chasing who on the touchdown bomb. Ya, maybe Troy should have helped but he jumped on a fake by Brady. Townsend should have been in better position not five steps behind.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Man the first Bomb our FS was chasing him down so u watch the game over and, secound u thinkign like a kid so u are one and the touch down were our CB tripped and afll down the there Wr strolls in was willie.so watch the game over.

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Man the first Bomb our FS was chasing him down so u watch the game over and, secound u thinkign like a kid so u are one and the touch down were our CB tripped and afll down the there Wr strolls in was willie.so watch the game over.

I'm thinking like a kid? Guess I'll have to prove it to ya.

Branch got behind cornerback Deshea Townsend for his 60-yard scoring pass on the play after Jerome "The Bus" Bettis fumbled on a fourth-and-1 at the Patriots' 39. It was Bettis' second fumble in 10 carries over two games after he went more than a season without fumbling.

That quote was taking from http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050123_NE@PIT (here.). Maybe the NFL is wrong too?

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:14 AM
OK first off the link doesnt even work, secound u are still worng lol, he passed ove rthe middle for that pass and the person who got caught in it was our FS bs tro got looked off by brady and even our Fs admitted to it after the game in a inter view so just stop trying to think your right when u are wrong lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250123023

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:19 AM
OK first off the link doesnt even work, secound u are still worng lol, he passed ove rthe middle for that pass and the person who got caught in it was our FS bs tro got looked off by brady and even our Fs admitted to it after the game in a inter view so just stop trying to think your right when u are wrong lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250123023

Sorry about the link.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050123_NE@PIT
Here ya go. Also if I remember right this is the play that Troy froze on with the fake from Brady. Maybe he should have helped, but either way it was Townsend that was burnt.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
ill download the video for u on my pc it wasnt townsend lolit was up the middle and when he says got behind him it was bc townsend was ina zone which means he was ina res to defend and branch went into FS zone down the middle and it was our Fs chasing him down the middel so us till wrong bud lol.

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
ill download the video for u on my pc it wasnt townsend lolit was up the middle and when he says got behind him it was bc townsend was ina zone which means he was ina res to defend and branch went into FS zone down the middle and it was our Fs chasing him down the middel so us till wrong bud lol.

How about we just say they both got burnt and get this over with! :boxing: :D
I say it was Townsend and give you proof. You say it was down the middle which I won't argue.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:39 AM
i just remebr wathcing the game and seeing our FS sya sry for his letting branch by him and also troy saying sry for getting caught on that play. but i will have prof before this week is over need to get my lazy ass to download the game to my pc lol.

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words.........

http://www.superbowl.com/photos/football_2004_conference_championships

On the right hand side scroll down to the one that says "deep strike" and I'll rest my case.

Steelersfan
03-09-2005, 12:47 AM
i just remebr wathcing the game and seeing our FS sya sry for his letting branch by him and also troy saying sry for getting caught on that play. but i will have prof before this week is over need to get my lazy ass to download the game to my pc lol.

Troy didn't let him by he just got froze on a fake by Brady and yes he did say he was sorry for it. Townsend was the poor guy that got toasted with no saftey help.

After all this talk about who got burnt and such the play that P*ssed me off the most that game was at the start of the fourth quarter when "fieldgoal" Cowher went for a FG. Once again proving that he is scared to do what it takes to win the Big games. They had a shot to get within 7 with the whole quarter left. Don't get me wrong, I like Cowher as a coach. I just think he should of learned by now that you can't coach the same in the playoffs as you do during the season. His comments after the game had me throwing things at the TV. Luckily my wife knew she better go to bed before the end of the game! :chair:

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:49 AM
oh ya that game had me throwing stuff to, but i think the kick was a good move, bettis fumbles ona 4 and 1 in the game, and plax dropped a pass that touched both hands in the end zone , it just wasnt our game.

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 01:21 AM
I actually think Troy needs to stop following the QB's eyes so much. Brady can look him off all day cause he knows where his guys will be. Think Tom B. won all those games without purposely making secondary guys jump wrong routes? Think again.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Safeties are taught to read a QB's eyes, its how you learn to jump routes and get more of an edge in your game. However, you do have to learn to be patiently aggressive and not jump at the first indication, like Troy and every other young DB does. Its a learning process, but Troy is alot better than many others.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 11:50 AM
troy has along and great carrer in the nfl and hell learn fast enought.

clevestinks
03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Ironcity, I couldn`t agree more, about Troys eyeing the qb, He is a great player, GREAT player but can get sucked out of position to easily.

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 11:59 PM
When he jumps on routes I watch the games and my mind thinks back to when Peyton came into the league. You see him throw into triple coverage and get picked. Then in the fourth quarter he threads the needle between LB's while standing in to take a hit. The stat sheet doesn't do justice, but you leave shaking your head not saying "dumb mistake", but rather "just wait". Yeah I do that with Troy.

JerseySTEEL
03-10-2005, 02:54 AM
hes till young hell get over that, from his jump from 04-5 he did alot better then before.and its gonna keep growing .and u have to look at lebeau is back and hes still learnign alot from him our whole def is.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
u cant learn from anybody better than dick lebeau.. Troy can be the best safety in the league year in and year out if he keeps applying himself the way he did from 04-05. there's no substitute for experience on the field.

clevestinks
03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
dick lebeau.. here , here. We are so fortunate to get Dick Lebeau back. To bad that here isn`t an award for top Coordinators of the league.

ironcitychef
03-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I am all for Dick getting his due, but don't forget to mention Dick Hoak. Those two truly have forgotten more football than most.