PDA

View Full Version : Steelers kicker arrested after towel tussle

Big7BenHOF
02-14-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09045/949265-100.stm

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with disorderly conduct early this morning after damaging a towel dispenser at a Sheetz convenience store in Westmoreland County.

Pennsylvania State Police reported today that Mr. Reed, 29, was in the restroom of the convenience store on Route 22 in New Alexandria at 2:50 a.m. when he began making loud noises, then "used profane language towards a Sheetz employee stating that there were no towels in the restroom.

"Reed continued using profane language in a loud manner outside the store," police said. "Reed caused damage to a towel dispenser as he was infuriated at the fact that there were no towels in it."

Police issued summary citations for disorderly conduct and criminal mischief to Mr. Reed. A hearing date has not been set.

jjpro11
02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
lol wtf

Guttpuppy
02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
:rofl:

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Jeff is a crazy SOB, but who didn't know that? :chuckle: He should have exercised better judgment and more maturity - whatever happens (probably a fine) - he has no one but himself to blame. :shake01:

lilyoder6
02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
hahahaha
jeff reed

The Duke
02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Reed caused damage to a towel dispenser as he was infuriated at the fact that there were no towels in it

Send him directly to anger management classes !!

Frankie3521
02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
This is hilarious! hahahaha, he had to be drunk out of his mind...or high.

steelerbackr4life
02-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Atleast its nice to see that even a 2 time Super Bowl Champ cant get away with assulting a towel dispenser.
It is however nice to see that he practices good hygeine. Staff infections are becoming a major problem in the NFL

SteelCurtain7
02-14-2009, 05:43 PM

For a moment there, I envisioned JR getting busted for DUI or the like. Thank goodness isn't really that serious...except he needs to work on controlling his anger better IMO.

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Article doesn't mention alcohol being involved. How ridiculous to act so immature and throw a temper tantrum over a towel dispenser. And then to keep it up even once he was outside the store....

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
He was probably booting the living shit out of that towel dispenser - wonder if Berger was there to hold for him? :chuckle:

CargoJon
02-14-2009, 06:07 PM
He was probably booting the living shit out of that towel dispenser - wonder if Berger was there to hold for him? :chuckle:

Or maybe Harrison could make a bad snap and screw the whole thing up? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

TackleMeBen
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
maybe that bleach he used to dye his hair affected his brain.

BlackAndGold4Ever
02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
He had to be drunk, nobody gets that pissed about stupid crap unless your bombed out

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
He had to be drunk, nobody gets that pissed about stupid crap unless your bombed out

That's what I'm thinking, as Jeff has been known to "imbibe". :alcoholic:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but just the thought of him beating the shit out of an inanimate object like a towel dispenser in a mens room cracks me the hell up. :laughing:

MDSteel15
02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
What a tool....

1st&Goal
02-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Why didn't he just kick the damn thing?

SC Steeler Steve
02-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I know this is against the grain, and if it was a Raven or Brown I would be the first to say GIVE HIM LIFE in prison, But I cant help but believe that there is prolly more to the story than we or even the police know. I'm just sayin

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Why didn't he just kick the damn thing?

Or, how about.....'Hey the towel dispenser in the men's room needs filled'

NEPAsteeler
02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Wonder if the commish will suspend him now. Lmao. :chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I know this is against the grain, and if it was a Raven or Brown I would be the first to say GIVE HIM LIFE in prison, But I cant help but believe that there is prolly more to the story than we or even the police know. I'm just sayin

I agree with you, there almost has to be more to it. Why would he freak out over something so minor and stupid......just ask for some towels.

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I agree with you, there almost has to be more to it. Why would he freak out over something so minor and stupid......just ask for some towels.

Because most athletes feel that everything (and everyone) should be at their beckon call. Even our beloved Steelers.

As I mentioned, JR has been known to enjoy the sauce and I've heard from friends of mine who have met him that he is a little arrogant, so put the two together and it spells TROUBLE.

TackleMeBen
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
he could have been having a bad day:wink02:

paw-n-maul-u
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
hahahahahah ... rich material. hair spiked out and all.

I bet he kicked it.

ahhahahaha. and so begins the steelers offseason. "and with all the off field distractions this offseason ... starting with jeff reed booting a 60 yarder using a towel dispenser"

Hey, if it didn't spit out a terrible towel, I would have kicked it too.

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM

Must have been one heck of a bad day to still be that worked up about it at 2:50AM :wink02:

CPanther95
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm Sheetz ...........

God I miss my double meat and provolone steak Shmiscuitz.

PisnNapalm
02-14-2009, 08:43 PM

I don't find it funny at all. It reflects poorly upon the Steelers and by extension Steeler Nation.

CPanther95
02-14-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't find it funny at all. It reflects poorly upon the Steelers and by extension Steeler Nation.

Nah - he's just the kicker. I don't think anyone will take it seriously.

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Nah - he's just the kicker. I don't think anyone will take it seriously.

I think Coach T and the Rooneys will take it VERY seriously.

stlrz fan
02-14-2009, 09:05 PM
It's not major but it definitely won't get swept under the rug by the organization. he was just being a dumbass but that's bad press.

CPanther95
02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm sure - it's still just too funny picturing him getting into a fight with a paper towel holder.

I think he was just building his street cred.

stlrz fan
02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
What if he kicked it and broke his foot!!!

Fordy
02-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I like Reed, but the thought of a millionaire disrespecting someone making 6 bucks an hour over paper towels kind of makes me wish the employee beat the shit out of him. I remember when i was younger being an assistant manager at a fast food joint making 9 bucks an hour and having to take abuse from whiny customers. It made me homicidial and Im a very easy going person. Reed acted like an idiot here and im dissapointed in him.

Crushzilla
02-14-2009, 09:17 PM
This is sad.

I don't mean the incident.

I live near that Sheetz, and I have been there many a late night.

It's sad that I wasn't there. Seeing that in person would have been the most amazing "Steelers experience" ever.

"I met Franco once at a restaurant."
"Ya, so what. I stood next to the potato chips while Quadzilla beat the shit of a towel dispenser."

BlastFurnace
02-14-2009, 09:18 PM
The funny part about is that I could just as easily see Jeff infuriated if there were no toilet paper available for his use either.

I wouldn't put it past Jeff to do something crazy while looking for toilet paper as well.

BlastFurnace
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm sure - it's still just too funny picturing him getting into a fight with a paper towel holder.

I think he was just building his street cred.

Don't laugh too hard. We once had a punching bag knock one of our QB's out for the year in the 1980's when Cliff Stoudt broke his hand.

Hapa
02-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Haha he's a crazy dude

Milkman
02-14-2009, 09:24 PM
That just made my night!

lilyoder6
02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
jeff reed is a character

Fire Haley
02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
The dynasty crumbles.

stillers4me
02-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Mr. Reed was heard screaming at the empty towel dispenser, "don't you know who the f$$k I am?".

:chuckle:

Nice.

OneForTheToe
02-14-2009, 09:53 PM
You know he could be banned from all Sheetz for life. I know a guy in town that got letter stating such, for drunken actions in a Sheetz (and no it wasn't me).:flap: I wonder how they are suppossed to know at every Sheetz? :hunch:

steelerbackr4life
02-14-2009, 10:05 PM
You know he could be banned from all Sheetz for life. I know a guy in town that got letter stating such, for drunken actions in a Sheetz (and no it wasn't me).:flap: I wonder how they are suppossed to know at every Sheetz? :hunch:

Really what do they have a photo lineup at every store? Computer chip embedment?

Rhee Rhee
02-14-2009, 10:05 PM
be a man. use your hand.

fansince'76
02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Dumb move, Jeff. :shake01:

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2009, 10:07 PM
I met him before. He was crazy in a good way. Not something like this. Dumb Move Indeed.

KeiselPower99
02-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey Jeff if there is no paper towels then use your pants.

stillers4me
02-14-2009, 10:11 PM

ummmmmmm.....you or I may be able to get away with it but I'm betting most of the guys that work at Sheetz will recognize Skippy if he ever tries to go in one again.

Preacher
02-14-2009, 10:18 PM
He's a KICKER! :doh:

What does it say when you are on a team of SB champions, and your KICKER is the baddest of em all?

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2009, 10:20 PM
He's a KICKER! :doh:

What does it say when you are on a team of SB champions, and your KICKER is the baddest of em all?

Sep can throw a few hits to ya know.

OneForTheToe
02-14-2009, 10:26 PM
ummmmmmm.....you or I may be able to get away with it but I'm betting most of the guys that work at Sheetz will recognize Skippy if he ever tries to go in one again.

Maybe he will change his hair color to diguise himself? :noidea:

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Skippy's new doo . .

http://www.thepunkguy.com/music/Heatmiser.bmp

OneForTheToe
02-14-2009, 11:48 PM
"I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun. I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One. They call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch... starts to melt in my clutch...I'm too much"

devilsdancefloor
02-15-2009, 12:36 AM
funny and the same time sad! id say he use his shirt but it seems every drunk photo i see of him he has no shirt on....on th eother hand nothing like a buzz kill to be brought in to Mr. Rooneys office i would bet!

SteelCurtain7
02-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Skippy's new doo . .

http://www.thepunkguy.com/music/Heatmiser.bmp

Galax Steeler
02-15-2009, 07:23 AM
At least he wasn't snorting cocaine off of it.:laughing:

7SteelGal43
02-15-2009, 07:43 AM

:headshake:

Steelcitygal87
02-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Each offense carries a maximum fine of $300 and 90 days in jail. :shake01:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/18716145/detail.html

rbryan
02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm just glad they didn't get his MTO sammie wrong......I can only imagine what he might have done then.

This is what happens when idiot kickers get liquored up.

steel striker
02-15-2009, 09:22 AM
This is not a big deal to me plus I bet the kick was good lol!

Edman
02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Can't blame a guy for wanting to wipe his ass.

But seriously, that was retarded, Reed.

stillers4me
02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I bet he's feeling like a real doof now.

Who's betting the charges get dropped?

steeltheone
02-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree, it's really not funny. Grow up Jeff.

lilyoder6
02-15-2009, 10:34 AM
it's a towel dispenser.. i mean who rly cares...

he will get fined and then replace the towel dispenser...

it's not like he was hurting anyone.. i bet the ppl who were working at sheetz were prob laughing at the fact he did this... i would bet they have seen much worse

JEFF4i
02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Poor taste? Duh.

Should he have done it? No.

It is really funny to imagine this crazy-haired man beating on a towel dispenser? Of course.

AllD
02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Same thing happened to me last week, I just wiped my hands on my jeans.

One one hand, when a kicker creates off the field drama that could be an indication of a tough team.

Also, everybody knows kickers are inherently eccentric. Kicking has as much to do with the mind as it does a leg. Reed has also put a few hits in on special teams during runbacks.

Still, he needs to act like a Super Bowl Champion.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I work at an AMPM (formerly Sheetz). If this were to have happened in my store, I would have asked that he be charged with vandalism.

But since this didn't happen where I work, it's pretty funny.

mcmac
02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
drunk,high or mad it didnt have a terrible towel in it.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Um actually, if you read my posts on "what grinds my gears" I get that pissed off over much less :flap:

jev7452
02-15-2009, 02:35 PM
seriously!?? hahaha

SteelCityKing
02-15-2009, 04:28 PM
what a goofball!

if i was working that night i would have said, "damn Jeff...i'l go out and buy you some towels!

jasonhightower
02-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I can already hear the comments/pranks the guys are going to do to him in the locker room!

Benzbrother
02-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I love Reed to death (as far as his kicking is concerned) but the dude really has a problem acting like a moron in public. I was at a bar in Slippery Rock the weekend prior to the Monday night game vs. Baltimore and he was there just drunk out of his mind acting like a complete idiot with all the college kids. At first I thought it was really cool that there was a Steeler at our little bar, but just the way he was acting....this little towel incident doesn't surprise me at all

Benzbrother
02-15-2009, 04:40 PM

it's not like he was hurting anyone.. i bet the ppl who were working at sheetz were prob laughing at the fact he did this... i would bet they have seen much worse

Yea its "just a towel dispenser" but I'm willing to bet he ends up getting in a lot more trouble because of shit like this somewhere down the line

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm sure both Tomlin and the Rooneys care, as neither is into off-the-field drama and certainly not when it involves being criminally cited/charged. What he did constitutes vandalism and destruction of property that wasn't HIS.

TackleMeBen
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
you can bet tomlin will handle this quickly.

but if he was having a bad day, i am sure he could have gone somewhere and kicked some footballs...lol

tony hipchest
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
what happened to the "trophy towel" that the nfl issued all players after the superbowl?

he has no excuse. the towel should be carried at all times and perfect for wiping ones hands after visiting a gas station restroom.
:hunch:

(atleast he wasnt wagging his stick at the security monitor)

TackleMeBen
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
what happened to the "trophy towel" that the nfl issued all players after the superbowl?

he has no excuse. the towel should be carried at all times and perfect for wiping ones hands after visiting a gas station restroom.
:hunch:

(atleast he wasnt wagging his stick at the security monitor)
thanks tony, you almost made me spit water all over my new laptop.. oh and that was a visual i didnt need.

stillers4me
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
thanks tony, you almost made me spit water all over my new laptop.. oh and that was a visual i didnt need.

Just google him.....I'm sure you'll find one. :chuckle:

CPanther95
02-15-2009, 07:41 PM
They should make him shave his head - just for one game.

St33lersguy
02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
What in the hell??

lilyoder6
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm sure both Tomlin and the Rooneys care, as neither is into off-the-field drama and certainly not when it involves being criminally cited/charged. What he did constitutes vandalism and destruction of property that wasn't HIS.

plz if it was any normal person no 1 would know about the situation..

i doubt that reed beating on a towel dispenser is real high on tomlin's or mr. rooney's list right now....

it's sad that ppl are over-reacting over this..

devilsdancefloor
02-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Maybe they will just give him a bottle of germ X so he doesnt need a towel:thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
02-15-2009, 08:26 PM

i doubt that reed beating on a towel dispenser is real high on tomlin's or mr. rooney's list right now....

i am sure that anytime a player gets in trouble with the police its high on their list. they dont like anyone on the team making the team look bad in the public eye. and even something like this could make people think bad about the team.

X-Terminator
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM

Dude, the Rooneys don't like it when ANY player does ANYTHING that could embarrass the organization, no matter how minor you think it is. It's not overreacting, it's the friggin truth. It's the way they have always been. And how long have you been following this team?

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Hahaha hes the kicker i bet this doesnt even make ESPN. No one cares about the kicker as long as he does his job!

TackleMeBen
02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Hahaha hes the kicker i bet this doesnt even make ESPN. No one cares about the kicker as long as he does his job!
i have visited three other teams message board and they have a thread about it. so it seems like people do care whether they are making fun of him or wondering what the underlying issue is with him.

lilyoder6
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Dude, the Rooneys don't like it when ANY player does ANYTHING that could embarrass the organization, no matter how minor you think it is. It's not overreacting, it's the friggin truth. It's the way they have always been. And how long have you been following this team?

1st off.. y does it matter how long i have been following the team???

if ppl get so upset over something so Little.. then i feel bad for all of those ppl... i guess we will just have 2 wait and see what the steelers organization does.. b/c basing on what some ppl are saying.. the steelers should bring the hammer down hard on reed

lilyoder6
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM
i have visited three other teams message board and they have a thread about it. so it seems like people do care whether they are making fun of him or wondering what the underlying issue is with him.

b/c u know when i make fun of people.. i rly care,... not...

and i have talked to hundreds of ppl or are steelers fans, some players, and what not and they are not re-acting like some ppl are on this board...

it's very small that ppl will not remember by the end of the week... and if some ppl do,, then that thats sad

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm sure he can expect a lighter wallet next season.

FredScott
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
lol give the man some towels my god. I mean they don't expect him to use his terrible towel do they?

bratsinmybelly
02-16-2009, 12:06 AM
save the fact that he berated a hourly employee..........this is hilarious.

I too find it infuriating when there are no towels in the dispenser. At least JR is serious about his hygiene.

I think he should have to work an 8 hour shift at the store and be responsible for keeping the restrooms clean and stocked.

markymarc
02-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Jeff is crazy as is. Add some liquor and this is what happens :chuckle: Funny stuff right there. And hey who can fault the man for wanting to be sanitary washing his hands.

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Come on, Jeffy. It's almost 3 a.m. ... just wipe your hands on your pants, man. It's not like you're on your way to church or something. It's not like you need to look good right then. And any woman who is with you at 3 a.m. at a Sheetz, I can promise you, does not have the self-respect to to turn you down because your pants look wet.

And that's just one alternate solution. Maybe wipe your hands through your hair, because it's not like you can make it look worse. That head of yours actually looks quite absorbent. Or, here's a thought: Walk over to the place where they make the Shmuffins and ask for a napkin. You're Jeff Reed, they'll give you one. You could even try the little island where they have the coffee. You wouldn't even have to ask there.

Or, you can beat the hell out of a paper towel dispenser. Your call, champ.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/This-paper-towel-dispenser-is-really-making-Jeff;_ylt=Anr38xxPnO_VnnC2g3rOCr9DubYF?urn=nfl,141 645

steelerdave1969
02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Send him directly to anger management classes !!

Yeh for real, no doubt there is no room for someone like that in the NFL.. Maybe he can go with me starting on wednesday. I had a guy tell me at the movie theatre on saturday night that the Steelers just got lucky winning our 6th super bowl. I tried to ignore him, but he said " hey.. did ya hear me? "
I said yeh.. yeh.. yeh.. whatever and he kind of acted like he was aggrivated at my answer. He said " I guess your just a one year fan anyway "... Thats when I looked at my wife and she said " oh shioott"... I told the guy that I had been a Steelers fan since the best part of his daddy was running down his daddy's leg during his conception..".. My wife just told the young punk to please shut up!! She told me later that I was gonna have to go for sports anger management starting this week...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
u know the players are gonna have fun with this al off season..... The locker room will never have towels

SteelMember
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Or maybe his hands were wet and he just put a nice plate of nachos together. :chuckle:

I work at an AMPM (formerly Sheetz). If this were to have happened in my store, I would have asked that he be charged with vandalism.

But since this didn't happen where I work, it's pretty funny.

I might have asked him to autograph the dispenser...then sold it to the highest bidder.
Wait, strike that last part. I would have hung it in my basement bathroom for all to see and admire with an engraved plaque which said, "Jeff Reed NEVER misses, except when he pisses." :laughing:

steelpride12
02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I live in New Alexandria and about a 2 minute walk from the Sheetz. I was at a buddies house and we were there around 1:00AM! Cant believe we missed it, but in all seriousness, dumb ass move and really is embarrassing.