PDA

View Full Version : tom brady whining again about "no respect"

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 05:40 PM
whats new? pretty crappy that after 3 sb victories he still needs to play the "no respect card" to get up for the game. shut up and play football.

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 05:50 PM
:iagree: Stop :crying01: :buttkick:

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
First we had to hear about Teddy Brushci coming back for a week straight on ESPN.

Then we get to hear about Bill Belichick's father passing away for a week straight on ESPN.

Don't give me this "we don't get enough attention and respect" B.S. Give me a break, If they are not on ESPN, they are on ESPN2, If they are not on ESPN2 they are on FSN. If Tom farts we get to hear about it for a week straight. If Brushchi's kid has a cold we hear about it for a week.

Tommy, do us all a big favor........Stop your moaning. It's annoying and it's getting old. If you want to be known as a great QB who has won three Super Bowls for a bandwagon fanbase, that's great. If you want to be known as a great QB who has won three Super Bowls for a bandwagon fanbase who was also known as a moaning little girl, that's also great. Your choice Tommy girl.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 06:13 PM
10-6 (with only 3 victories against winning teams as of the end of the season)in the worst division in football, and throwing the last game to avoid playing the "comer" opponent is not cause for respect, so, yeah, he's right...

clevestinks
01-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I don`t agree with Tom Brady on disrepect. Some of the NFL commentators, and so called analyst. have been poiting out the Pats slow start, which is true, no arguement there. And to the pats having so many injuries, can`t argue that! This usually means no post season for most teams. But the Pats were`nt your average team coming into the season, they were better than most. I think the announcers are just pointing out, what we already know. And it would be tough for the Pats win again with all the injuries. I hear almost everyone on T.V., the internet, magazines, radio etc. Saying that Tom Brady will go down as one of the best ever. How is that disrespectful?

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
the guys on pti called him and his comments "low" noting how just about all the media is slowly but surely hopping right back on the bandwaggon and how he has been mentionned for MVP by many. so what does rodney harrison say on the budweiser hotseat?

that he still doesnt think they have had the respect they deserve during their sb runs. is he freaking kidding me or is he just deaf, dumb, and blind. the media has been on these guys nuts for 4 years.

they really come off as whiny little girls. like the 3 rings aint enough. inferiority complex at its finest. shut up and play ball! (oh wait he cant)

trully a group of classy players

Livinginthe past
01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
I have to say im sick of Tom Brady and his constant whining also - no respect this...no respect that.

I like what he has done for us in past games...sure I do....but its getting to the stage where he is becoming a liability for the team - making us the target of message boards for rival teams.

I am hoping that maybe Cassell can be groomed into his successor - hopefully for next year , the year after that the absolute latest.

If you ask me - all this whining has taken the shine right off of his so called 'acheivements' - 3 SB's...so what?

Its a team game and the sooner this bum Brady realises it the better - im hoping he may still have some trade value and we can try for someone more classy like Joey Porter.

NM

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I have to say im sick of Tom Brady and his constant whining also - no respect this...no respect that.

I like what he has done for us in past games...sure I do....but its getting to the stage where he is becoming a liability for the team - making us the target of message boards for rival teams.

I am hoping that maybe Cassell can be groomed into his successor - hopefully for next year , the year after that the absolute latest.

If you ask me - all this whining has taken the shine right off of his so called 'acheivements' - 3 SB's...so what?

Its a team game and the sooner this bum Brady realises it the better - im hoping he may still have some trade value and we can try for someone more classy like Joey Porter.

NM:grin: we would NEVER give up porter for him. i see more upside in cassell,
after all he knows how to keep his mouth shut. thats a start. hes a hell of alot cheaper and the savings could be used to re-sign ty law next season. i really dont think 'chick will kick brady out of the proverbial bed though. maybe when bill jr. pulls a parcells and retires after this season the pats can dump big mouth brady. (belichick can always be resurrected as the cowboys coach)

wow! that felt good! lol:grin:

clevestinks
01-04-2006, 07:26 PM

NM
Hey is that a knock on Porter? LOL LB never did equal CLASS! And I wouldn`t want it to.

LITP Rep points for you! It takes a heluva man to stand up against your QB, the way you did. In all honesty, is it the team brady is really talking about, or does he really feel that he is not respected? I really can`t say I pay to much attention to Brady`s whining, I do respect his game. I can`t stand Joe Theesman, Not Thiesman, because I always thought he was to whiny, and I,I,I,me,me,me!

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I respect his talent, but the crying is a total turn off.

Livinginthe past
01-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey is that a knock on Porter? LOL LB never did equal CLASS! And I wouldn`t want it to.

LITP Rep points for you! It takes a heluva man to stand up against your QB, the way you did. In all honesty, is it the team brady is really talking about, or does he really feel that he is not respected? I really can`t say I pay to much attention to Brady`s whining, I do respect his game. I can`t stand Joe Theesman, Not Thiesman, because I always thought he was to whiny, and I,I,I,me,me,me!

I have to confess I had my tongue firmly-in-cheek for that last reply Cleve - but ill keep the rep points :cheers:

If I had to put an honest perspective on it - it would be that Brady is just using this opportunity to get his team pumped.

Its pretty difficult to keep playing that same 'no respect' card - but I think Brady has done this to try and take some of the focus away from the lack of respect that the Jags are getting.

I put it in the same league as his 'dont talk about our team' rant earlier in the season at Shottenheimer - it all designed to get his team motivated and not to get too complacent - its an 'us against the world' mentality that they are looking for - and thats exactly what they get.

I think Brady is a personable sort of guy outside of football (from what I can tell) - but when it comes to football he will do WHATEVER it takes to win.

NM

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 07:54 PM

oooooooh. not THAT. a target of message boards!!! the Patriots better cut him NOW!!:rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
01-04-2006, 07:59 PM

oooooooh. not THAT. a target of message boards!!! the Patriots better cut him NOW!!:rolleyes:

Come on 3 to be 4 - you seriously telling me you would prefer to win all them SB's over rival fans liking our QB?

You, sir, must be crazy....quite...quite crazy. :crazy01:

NM

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
how did that rant against shottenheimer work out again? lol

if it doent matter about rival fans liking youre qb, why does it matter that more people seem to like manning?

clevestinks
01-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I would rather have a arrogant, selfish, self centered, run his mouth to the media, pretty boy, car thief, on crack, egomaniac, that wins Superbowls. LOL

Livinginthe past
01-04-2006, 08:16 PM
how did that rant against shottenheimer work out again? lol

if it doent matter about rival fans liking youre qb, why does it matter that more people seem to like manning?

I couldnt care less whether anyone actually likes him or not.

What I am talking about his him getting the respect he deserves as an elite QB - the best QB operating in the NFL today.

Its not what he is talking about though - he knows how good he is - and he also knows how good his team is.

As far as his rant goes - it appeared to be succesful in getting them motivated for a trip to Atlanta the followng week.

NM

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Brady learned from his coach. He says what he says for a reason. He feels its helping his team get psyched up. Personally, i couldnt care less if every fan in every other city hates him. In fact, its a compliment if they do. Theres no reason to hate Manning. He hasnt won anything from anybody.

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Brady learned from his coach. He says what he says for a reason. He feels its helping his team get psyched up. Personally, i couldnt care less if every fan in every other city hates him. In fact, its a compliment if they do. Theres no reason to hate Manning. He hasnt won anything from anybody.exactly. what i dont understand is why so many patriot fans put so much effort in bashing him and downgrading what he has done and saying he has done nothing. then they say that brady deserves more notoriety, money, commercials, accolades, girls ,whatever. dan fouts and jim kelly didnt win anything. does that mean they were crap? warren moon?

i dont hate the browns even though their fans are pretty retarded sometimes, but really what have they done to me? i could care less if the media hypes them up.

like the late dale earnhardt said it doesnt matter if theyre booing or cheering as long as they are making noise. it is a compliment and shows that you are doing your job right.

and yes everything bill and tom say and do are very calculated. i will give them that. at this stage of their career it seems a bit amateur and trivial to me though. after all ive never seen any other "dynasty have to resort to these types of tactics. to me it shows a little weakness, which in this age of parity may actually exist. that is why i dont feel they are quite as dominant os some of the dynasties of the past.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 08:43 PM
didnt say Manning was crap. to me hes the #14 QB of all time.
But nobody crowned Fouts or Kelly Mr Everything like the current media does. Manning has been annointed a place he hasnt earned yet. When/if he steps up and leads them to a championship then that changes.

BTW, im not one of those who feels the Patriots and Brady are somehow slighted. Man, this year alone theyve been on National TV 10 times and they have commercials on everywhere. Opening Night this year in Foxboro was like a coronation on ABC.
It was bliss as a Patriots fan. And I couldnt ask for more. Accept another trophy.

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 08:59 PM
not accusing you of saying that, but dont you get the impression that most patfans think manning totally sucks based soley on his games against the patriots? as a fan of neither team this is totally the impression i get.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
not really. i think most Patriots think he totally sucks against the Patriots, not that he totally sucks. In a way, winning on Nov 7 makes it harder i think for the Colts. they thought the monkey was off their backs but if they play again it will render Nov 7th meaningless. this entire playoff has put more pressure on the Colts than on any team in recent history. They HAVE to win it this time. Dont you think if they see Belichick, Brady, and a revived Patriot team coming out of that tunnel it'll will make them think a little??
to a lesser extent i think its true if they have to play the Steelers again. pretty hard to beat either the Patriots or Steelers twice in the same season.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I think Manning is a fine QB. I think Brady is a fine QB. I think either one of them playing for the '94,'95,'97,'01, and '04 Steelers would have resulted in 9 Super Bowl wins, not 4.

SteelCityMan786
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey Brady You Drunken Jackass. Your Team has gotten too much respect.

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
not really. i think most Patriots think he totally sucks against the Patriots, not that he totally sucks. In a way, winning on Nov 7 makes it harder i think for the Colts. they thought the monkey was off their backs but if they play again it will render Nov 7th meaningless. this entire playoff has put more pressure on the Colts than on any team in recent history. They HAVE to win it this time. Dont you think if they see Belichick, Brady, and a revived Patriot team coming out of that tunnel it'll will make them think a little??
to a lesser extent i think its true if they have to play the Steelers again. pretty hard to beat either the Patriots or Steelers twice in the same season. i see your reasonning but then on the flipside i see how farve and young were able to get the dallas monkeys off their back so im not gonna write off mannings chances untill i see how his body language is in the 1st quarter if they happen to meet again (his body language is often telling of how the end results will be) hell im not nostrodamus so all i can do is speculate but if any year was mannings year this has to be it right? GO STEELERS! it would suck for him but would be great for the steelers to crush the bengals and then the colts dreams. that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
ok, now i have to go through the Manning scenario.

i cant agree with 94. the 49ers were just too awesome. 1995 for sure.
******* although all this is predicated on potential- as Manning has NEVER shown up for any kind of championship game- that being said i'll continue based on potential******
i dont know about 1997. i dont think hed have the composure to get past the Packers,just a gut feeling. or 2001 vs the Rams. not disciplined enough. that entire gameplan by Belichick was based on discipline, by the offense led by Brady, and the defensive scheme.
i'll give him 2002 but warily.
i cant give him 2004 because hed make the same mistakes vs Belichicks defense that Ben did. id give him this year.
thats 1995, 2002,and this year. 3 championships.
but i still want to see him do it.

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
:rofl: Hey Brady You Drunken Jackass. Your Team has gotten too much respect.:rofl: exactly what i was thinking but didnt say!

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g

oh ,you are dreaming. the Patriots AND Patriots fans have more respect for the Steelers than any other team, definatly more than the Colts.
it would be a classic war. Steelers at Patriots for the AFC Championship.
believe me, it would be ON!

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
ok, now i have to go through the Manning scenario.

i cant agree with 94. the 49ers were just too awesome. 1995 for sure.
******* although all this is predicated on potential- as Manning has NEVER shown up for any kind of championship game- that being said i'll continue based on potential******
i dont know about 1997. i dont think hed have the composure to get past the Packers,just a gut feeling. or 2001 vs the Rams. not disciplined enough. that entire gameplan by Belichick was based on discipline, by the offense led by Brady, and the defensive scheme.
i'll give him 2002 but warily.
i cant give him 2004 because hed make the same mistakes vs Belichicks defense that Ben did. id give him this year.
thats 1995, 2002,and this year. 3 championships.
but i still want to see him do it. 3 champs and his numbers make for a pretty good carreer even if he retires today. now is where it gets interresting. take any of the following- niel odonnell, tomszak, kordell, maddox or a rookie qb and put them on the:

49ers=no sb
green bay= no sb
broncos=no sb
patriots=no sb
dallas=no sb
colts=no chance to even make a sb

why does everyone seem to blame cowher for past failures when its obvious he never had an adequate qb to LEAD his team?

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g

oh ,you are dreaming. the Patriots AND Patriots fans have more respect for the Steelers than any other team, definatly more than the Colts.
it would be a classic war. Steelers at Patriots for the AFC Championship.
believe me, it would be ON! it would be on, but if ben proves he can lead his team past offensive powerhouses like the bengals and colts i dont think the patriots would think it would be as easy as it was last year. actually it might be an edge for the steelers if they did think this. the psychology that goes into games such as this is one of the most intriguing things about football if you ask me. on the surface it seems like football is nothing but a physicall game but is probably the most mental.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 09:44 PM
My point was missed...with a dominant defense and the ability to exploit the defense when they overcommit to the run, why not? We are dealing in if's and maybe's anyway, so anything goes...

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
My point was missed...with a dominant defense and the ability to exploit the defense when they overcommit to the run, why not? We are dealing in if's and maybe's anyway, so anything goes...

definitely, i think a qb like gannon or b. johnson, mcnabb,moon, bledsoe, etc. all wouldve had a great shot of going down as one of the elites if cowher had the pleasure of having them on his team. to think that kordell was his longest tenured qb is quite disappointing but as the falcons are finding out, he was one hell of a marketing tool. (and i was a huge kordell fan much like the modern day vick fans)

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
O'Donnell was what he was...he was instructed to NOT throw INT's, and we all know what happened in the end. Kordell was a harder sell for me...I'm still not convinced pure athlete's are meant to control an entire offense and process all the information necessary to do so...

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
ok then. i guess i dont know as much about the Steeler organization as I should. Who would be responsible for obtaining a QB for the Steelers?

augustashark
01-05-2006, 12:26 AM
ok then. i guess i dont know as much about the Steeler organization as I should. Who would be responsible for obtaining a QB for the Steelers?

3 to be 4, thats who. When can you start?

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
ok then. i guess i dont know as much about the Steeler organization as I should. Who would be responsible for obtaining a QB for the Steelers?who IS or who WAS? the rooneys? actually that blame can go on tom donahoe who was not unjustly fired from the bills today ((losman?, holcomb?...sound familiar?)

same story....different team.

Brady12
01-05-2006, 12:50 AM
lol, just leave Tom alone, he's not allowed to express what he wants to say? Last time I checked you were allowed to. Let him whine, no one is gonna stop him.

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
lol, just leave Tom alone, he's not allowed to express what he wants to say? Last time I checked you were allowed to. Let him whine, no one is gonna stop him.

:crying03: "GO TO OPRAH, GO TO OPRAH"

sounds like tom needs to book a show with dr. phil :smile:

Brady12
01-05-2006, 01:41 AM
But seriously, how many people here thought New England would make the Super Bowl or even the playoffs. after they were 4-4? Last year, who thought Pittsburgh would beat New England? I'm sure most of you, obviously you want to stay true to your team.. I can't remember, but wasn't New England the underdog vs St.Louis, and Philadelphia? He has reason to say these things, he may just say them too many times. I dont know if they were underdogs last year, but they were 14 point underdogs in 2001.

augustashark
01-05-2006, 01:55 AM
But seriously, how many people here thought New England would make the Super Bowl or even the playoffs. after they were 4-4? Last year, who thought Pittsburgh would beat New England? I'm sure most of you, obviously you want to stay true to your team.. I can't remember, but wasn't New England the underdog vs St.Louis, and Philadelphia? He has reason to say these things, he may just say them too many times. I dont know if they were underdogs last year, but they were 14 point underdogs in 2001.

He is the best big game qb in the game, I just think he is starting to turn some people off by this. Listen props to the pats for making the run to get into the playoffs. I hope we can meet in the afc champshp game because its been said before to be the man you have to beat the man....

3 to be 4
01-05-2006, 06:19 AM
who IS or who WAS? the rooneys? actually that blame can go on tom donahoe who was not unjustly fired from the bills today ((losman?, holcomb?...sound familiar?)

same story....different team.

that DOES sound familiar. And i remember that when Kraft was persuing Belichick, most of the Boston media geniuses were pushing for a Donahue as GM and Don Capers as coach tandem. Or Shottenheimer. yeeeeeesh. Give Kraft credit for seeing what nobody else did.

But my next question.....when exactly did Donaho leave? and who has been making the personnel decisions since? And why didnt they go after a Bledsoe, Brad Johnson,Brunell
ANYTHING etc....

Livinginthe past
01-05-2006, 08:17 AM

The Pats were big underdogs against the Rams - but were favored against the Eagles.

I think deep down most of the posters here realise that Brady is doing this for a good reason - its nothing to do with his own personal record.

BB wont let any team gain an advantage over the Pats - and all this disrespect nonsense being pedalled by the media this week (even though the Jags aren't buying it) has allowed them a perceived advantage.

NM

Suitanim
01-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Good QB's cost money, and, the Rooney's, up until a few years ago, didn't have it to spend. Now they have their stadium, their PSL's and their luxury boxes, the cash is rolling in, and they are spending it. Remember, Heinz Field is only 4 years old, and just 2 1/2 years later, the Steelers drafted a QB in the first round for the first time since 1980...that's not a coincidence...

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
to add on what suit said, donahoe has been with the bills for 5 years, so he was fored by the steelers in 99 or 00. at that time kordell was under the largest steelers contract. (donahoes work?) it was probably the coaches fault for sticking with him to long but he did bench their high dollar player. as for bringing someone in i think they thought they struck gold with tommy madoxx. the its hard to figure out the steelers front office cause it seems like all decisions are 33% the rooneys, 33% k. kolbert and 33% cowher. the company line has always been that on draft day it is 50-50 cowher/colbert. when things are good they all credit the other and when they go bad they all accept the blame. the new staduim deal brought alot of extensions and bonuses to players who had been there a while particularly on defense and kordell led them to the afcc game and had a pro bowl season. but the kordell/ tommy experience was short lived after that and they finally went out and got their high priced qb. i wanna say one of cowhers beefs with donahoe was being stuck with kordell. (in buffalo donahoe increaded team revenue but missed the playoffs every year.)

SteelerzGirl
01-05-2006, 09:56 PM
TOM BRADY: "I don't get any respect."

STEELERZGIRL: "Man up and grow up, you big crybaby! This is the NFL, not the playground!"

(walks away thinkin' how much I hate men who whine)