PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta trying to trade rights to Vick

WWIIOwheelz
02-15-2009, 12:40 PM
No mention of Raiders interest, surprisingly

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP)—Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff said Friday the Falcons will try to trade the contract rights on Michael Vick to another team.

In an interview that appeared on the team’s Web site, Dimitroff said, “With regards to Michael Vick, we’ve decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club.”

Vick is currently in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July.

Vick has a contract that runs to 2013 and calls for him to receive a base salary of $9 million and a bonus of $6.43 million in 2009. The remainder of the contract is worth $45.11 million, with another possible $3 million in Pro Bowl bonuses.

“We feel a trade is the best move for the Falcons, and it’s also in the best interest for Michael,” Dimitroff said. “This has been a really unique situation from a variety of standpoints and because we will actively be involved in a trade situation, I don’t envision our organization speaking any more about this subject publicly until it’s reached a resolution.”

He said the Falcons have had no discussions with other teams because Vick is under suspension by the NFL, “but we think some teams might be interested in exploring a trade.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello Friday reiterated commissioner Roger Goodell’s statement when he suspended Vick on Aug. 24 2007 that he will review Vick’s status when legal proceedings are done.

Vick’s attorneys did not immediately return e-mail or telephone messages left at their offices.

Dimitroff said if the Falcons are unable to complete a trade, they will re-evaluate. He said a decision would be made that is in the best interest of the team.

The Falcons made a move last year for a quarterback, taking Boston College’s Matt Ryan as their first round draft choice. He was last year’s rookie of the year after leading the Falcons to the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-vicktrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

fansince'76
02-15-2009, 12:51 PM
If there is a GM out there stupid enough to go for this, they should be fired on the spot.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Lions, he puts butts in the seats.

Seahawks? They need something to energize their offense.

Bears, aren't they dying for any type of QB up in the Windy City?

Jets? I mean, they took a chance on Favre, why not Vick? Clemens clearly isn't the answer.

Cowboys! HA HA HA! Please, Jerry Jones, pick up Michael Vick, that would be effing priceless.

Redskins could use a play maker on offense.

Raiders? Al is pretty crazy, who knows. Its not like Peta will show up at Raiders games.

Rams? That is a very fast field in St Louis. Split Vick out, throw him some screens, see what happens?

Titans? They already have one head case QB that can't get on the field, why not a second?

Jags, was Gerrad ever the answer really?

Texans...actually no, they don't need drama.

Browns? I mean, I'd love to see our Defense smash in Vick's brains twice a year.

Bills? They got nothing in Buffalo, they've been pretty much without a serious QB since Kelly retired. The 2 fools they've been going with have not gotten the job done at all.

Tampa Bay? Oh wait, Gruden was fired.

MACH1
02-15-2009, 12:55 PM
If there is a GM out there stupid enough to go for this, they should be fired on the spot.

Matt Millon. To bad he got canned. :chuckle:

Havik
02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Vick would be a good fit for the Bungles. None of their backup QB's are any good, and he can be used as a running back. He also has a criminal record. Mike Brown doesn't care about character, and has been known to give troubled players second, third, and even fourth chances.

jev7452
02-15-2009, 01:32 PM
i still think it will be the raiders... although itd be hilarious if jerry jones tried to

and wasnt flacco the rookie of the year?? thought thats what they said at the super bowl... just wondering

Galax Steeler
02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Why would anyone want him I don't even think that the bungholes would want him he is nothing but trouble.

MasterOfPuppets
02-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Why would anyone want him I don't even think that the bungholes would want him he is nothing but trouble.
but he looks good in orange.....:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2009, 02:46 PM
In further developments....an undislosed team has started negotions for the rights to Michael Vick.

John Clayton is reporting on ESPN that the team in question has offered a boil on the ass of its owner as straight-up compensation for Vick.

It is unk which position the boil will play.

KeiselPower99
02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Personally I think he is overrated anyhow.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Personally I think he is overrated anyhow.

The boil?....or Vick?

steelerbackr4life
02-15-2009, 03:55 PM
With the amount of criminals on the Bungles however it should be easy for Vick to communicate. They could all sign and the opposing D would not know what play they were running.

KeiselPower99
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
The boil?....or Vick?

Whats the over under on the boil?

devilsdancefloor
02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
With the amount of criminals on the Bungles however it should be easy for Vick to communicate. They could all sign and the opposing D would not know what play they were running.

they could point at a different prison tat for audibles... hmm maybe he goes to sincity

St33lersguy
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Good luck with that Falcons.I wouldn't pick up Michael dick unless all my QBs were on IR

T&B fan
02-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Browns? I mean, I'd love to see our Defense smash in Vick's brains twice a year.

:rofl: playing for the DOG pound ...:laughing::laughing:

lilyoder6
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
teams don't even know what kind of shape he is in anymore... if he could workout in jail.. he could of only done so much...

but if i was a shiity franchise and needed a qb.. i would trade a 6th or a 7th for his stupid ass

Godfather
02-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Vicky doesn't have a lot of options. There are only a few teams that put no value on character. Dallas, maybe. But Ookie isn't any more clutch than Romo. Oakland? They don't care about character and they have a senile owner, but they're high on JaMarcus Russell and JR started justifying their confidence the last few games on 2008. Baltimore? They're willing to look past killing people so they'll overlook dogs. But Flacco has a much better arm than Ron Mexico.

I only see two possibilities--Cincy, which is viable only if Palmer doesn't get healthy, and Washington, which has a win at all costs mentality and might see Vick as an upgrade over Campbell (that's a questionable proposition, but Snyder is a tard).

steelwall
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
It would be a PR nightmare for any team I think. Think we got trolls here? Imagine the team's website/s getting harrassed by picking up Vick.

CFL maybe?

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Lions, he puts butts in the seats.

Seahawks? They need something to energize their offense.

Bears, aren't they dying for any type of QB up in the Windy City?

Jets? I mean, they took a chance on Favre, why not Vick? Clemens clearly isn't the answer.

Cowboys! HA HA HA! Please, Jerry Jones, pick up Michael Vick, that would be effing priceless.

Redskins could use a play maker on offense.

Raiders? Al is pretty crazy, who knows. Its not like Peta will show up at Raiders games.

Rams? That is a very fast field in St Louis. Split Vick out, throw him some screens, see what happens?

Titans? They already have one head case QB that can't get on the field, why not a second?

Jags, was Gerrad ever the answer really?

Texans...actually no, they don't need drama.

Bills? They got nothing in Buffalo, they've been pretty much without a serious QB since Kelly retired. The 2 fools they've been going with have not gotten the job done at all.

Tampa Bay? Oh wait, Gruden was fired.

Oakland and Detroit would most likely be the ones who will pick him up.

KeiselPower99
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
If he was released by the Falcons a rumor I have been hearing alot is he might head to the UFL.

rbryan
02-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Wishful thinking at best, but more like delusional. Who do they think is going to give up anything for the right to pay him $9 mill a year??

I don't doubt this azzclown finds his way back onto an NFL roster but it won't be for 9 mill a year.

T&B fan
02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
he dose not have to be a QB he would fit in as a wide out .and mybe kick returns

BritishSteel
02-16-2009, 09:13 AM
It's not as if there aren't a few decent QBs available in free agency - why would a team look at Vick, who probably won't play until the 2010 season once his NFL suspension (that they WILL levy) is up? Take a punt if he's still available next summer when at least he can do try-outs and you know how fit he is but why now? There's no sense in it whatsoever.

Which is why he'll end up in Oakland.

revefsreleets
02-16-2009, 09:59 AM
His rights are for sale?

I have a broken shoestring, a bucket of warm piss, and a dead chicken. I'd say that would be about fair market value...

MasterOfPuppets
02-16-2009, 05:41 PM
His rights are for sale?

I have a broken shoestring, a bucket of warm piss, and a dead chicken. I'd say that would be about fair market value...depends......is the chicken still edible ? :noidea:

tony hipchest
02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
depends......is the chicken still edible ? :noidea:my rolled up booger ball collection is.

i wonder if they will take that?

SteelCurtain7
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
His rights are for sale?

I have a broken shoestring, a bucket of warm piss, and a dead chicken. I'd say that would be about fair market value...

I had TWO broken shoestrings last week...BLAST!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: I coulda pulled off this trade. :chuckle:

AllD
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
He can always go play football in Korea.

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
my rolled up booger ball collection is.

i wonder if they will take that?

you roll your boogers into a ball too!? wow! i thought i was the only one! haha!

i had a dog turd stuck on my shoe from late 2007 until now...i wonder if they will let me take a swing at him with a crowbar for the price of a free dog turd!?

lilyoder6
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
It's not as if there aren't a few decent QBs available in free agency - why would a team look at Vick, who probably won't play until the 2010 season once his NFL suspension (that they WILL levy) is up? Take a punt if he's still available next summer when at least he can do try-outs and you know how fit he is but why now? There's no sense in it whatsoever.

Which is why he'll end up in Oakland.

idk if goodell will punish vick anymore than he alrdy has been...
this was his 1st off against the code of conduct.. and that doesn't warrant a full yr suspension

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Trade him to the Humane Society, put him in a cage and make him lay in his own shit. :poop:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Trade him to the Humane Society, put him in a cage and make him lay in his own shit. :poop:

...why? so, we'd have to gather around and pay money to see him put down!? just take him out back Old Yeller style and make it happen. then again, i would pay to see that! haha! hell, make it a pay-per-view event! ha!

The Duke
02-16-2009, 09:14 PM

:thumbsup:

but before that he gets beaten up by silverback

paw-n-maul-u
02-16-2009, 11:49 PM
you are are absolutely sick. Are you guys seriously saying some of this shit?

Wow, I knew some people had animosity, but taking him out back old yeller style? make him lay in his own shit? you guys are a joke. Michael Vick is a HUMAN.

... he killed DOGS. .... DOGS ...

... on more time ... DOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGSSSSSS. I have a dog, it is a nice dog. I would never do any of the horrid wretched foul disgusting etc etc things that vick did, and yes it was a terrible terrible thing to do and the worst lack of judgement. but he went to jail for two years because of dogs.

What is the difference between training horses so hard, to the point that there is so much stressed placed upon them, that the horse breaks its leg ... then gets euthanized right on the middle of the track underneath a tent. Christ people, open your eyes. He is a martyr in every sense. The only reason horse racing isnt illegal is because rich fatass white men underneath umbrellas with little binoculars and gold digger wives bet on it, the kings of industry. And michael vick is just in a house outside hampton roads with his homies.

Do you know what backass country folk do to hunting dogs? (yeah you mr retard old yeller) ever seen shiloh?

In some countries, dog is a delicacy as a meal. None of you have ever sent a gahdamn penny to any SPCA or PETA or any of that bull so please save your insults and your pity because I sure you he probably cares for neither.

He is going to come back to the NFL and dance around everyone just like he always did. Could you imagine him on the vikings? handing off to AP and throwing bombs to berrian and rice. Or how about in the wildcat in miami with ronnie brown, that would be absurd.

Michael Vick doesnt give a shit what you think. there are some sick people in here. he is a human being. they are dogs.

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
gotta nueter his herpie spreadin ass first........:thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 07:34 AM
49'ers and Vikings look as though they might be interested in Vick...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20090220/Interest.in.Vick/

NDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Two teams with unsettled quarterback situations - the San Francisco 49ers and the Minnesota Vikings - might be interested in acquiring suspended Atlanta Falcons star Michael Vick.

Vick is in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July. The Falcons have said they will try to trade him, though they could cut him and make him a free agent.

San Francisco coach Mike Singletary said Vick deserves the chance to play in the league, and believes he will be successful if he returns. He wouldn't say if the 49ers would pursue him.

``He's still under contract, you can't really talk to him or have any contact with him,'' Singletary said. ``Right now, we're just going to look at the quarterbacks we have and go from there.''

There might be questions about Vick's sharpness and conditioning because he hasn't played since 2006, but he's a proven winner who led the Falcons to an NFC championship game and has been to three Pro Bowls. The dynamic athlete has the NFL single-season record for yards rushing by a quarterback with 1,039 in 2006, and is third all-time. He also has passed for 11,505 yards in six seasons, with 71 touchdowns and 52 interceptions.

Singletary said the team would likely enter training camp with Shaun Hill as the No. 1 quarterback. Hill passed for 2,046 yards and had an 87.5 passer rating last season, but that wasn't enough to impress 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan, who said the team clearly needs to upgrade the position.

``I'm not going to get into names,'' he said. ``The important thing now is which ones fit that (system). It has to be a chemistry where he fits in with everybody. There's value out there, and it's a position we need to address, whether it's the draft or free agency.''

Minnesota coach Brad Childress said the Vikings are looking for someone to challenge Tarvaris Jackson, and are willing to make moves to ensure that it happens.

``We need to put somebody in place that will push him and compete with him,'' Childress said. ``I think competition is the nature of the game.''

Childress wouldn't confirm or deny interest in Vick.

``I really don't get into hypotheticals because I think there's too much water that's got to happen. I'd cross that bridge when I come to it.''

Veteran Gus Frerotte, who started for much of last season before getting injured, isn't sure if he'll return. The Vikings say they would welcome Frerotte back, though he has made it clear he wants to start.

Jackson began last season as Minnesota's starter, but was benched for Frerotte after the Vikings began the season 0-2. Frerotte went 8-3 as a starter, but he suffered a hand injury, and the Vikings turned to Jackson again. Jackson led the Vikings to the playoffs and finished the season with a 95.4 passer rating, the best of his three-year career. He has 20 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions in his career.

``I think that Tarvaris has to continue to improve, and I believe he will,'' Childress said. ``I think he gave some glimpses, coming back in cold off the bench and doing some of the things he did. Obviously, he's got to eliminate some of those turnovers.''

The New York Jets also will have a new quarterback after Brett Favre's retirement, but they appear to be happier than the 49ers and Vikings with what they have. New coach Rex Ryan said the team feels comfortable with Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Eric Ainge competing for the job.

``I think if you ask the organization, it's probably split on who they think can do it.'' Ryan said. ``It's definitely an open competition.''

Ryan said he'd lean toward choosing among his three quarterbacks. He said he's not interested in selling the future for a quick fix.

``Right now, I'd rather have our draft picks,'' Ryan said. ``I'd rather not talk about any potential free agent out there, with the tampering rules and everything else the way they are.''

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 07:45 AM
he is a human being. they are dogs.

Wow - and you talk about US being sick. :doh:

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who gets their rocks off by abusing and/or brutally killing an animal is not only sick, but a coward. What's next for this coward - getting a big har har out of abusing a child? A woman? An eldery person? Psychos like Michael Vick prey on those who they feel are weaker than they are and anyone who minimizes his crime or condones what he did needs to be locked away in the funny farm right next to him. :screwy:

fansince'76
02-21-2009, 07:55 AM
you are are absolutely sick. Are you guys seriously saying some of this shit?

Wow, I knew some people had animosity, but taking him out back old yeller style? make him lay in his own shit? you guys are a joke. Michael Vick is a HUMAN.

... he killed DOGS. .... DOGS ...

... on more time ... DOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGSSSSSS. I have a dog, it is a nice dog. I would never do any of the horrid wretched foul disgusting etc etc things that vick did, and yes it was a terrible terrible thing to do and the worst lack of judgement. but he went to jail for two years because of dogs.

What is the difference between training horses so hard, to the point that there is so much stressed placed upon them, that the horse breaks its leg ... then gets euthanized right on the middle of the track underneath a tent. Christ people, open your eyes. He is a martyr in every sense. The only reason horse racing isnt illegal is because rich fatass white men underneath umbrellas with little binoculars and gold digger wives bet on it, the kings of industry. And michael vick is just in a house outside hampton roads with his homies.

Do you know what backass country folk do to hunting dogs? (yeah you mr retard old yeller) ever seen shiloh?

In some countries, dog is a delicacy as a meal. None of you have ever sent a gahdamn penny to any SPCA or PETA or any of that bull so please save your insults and your pity because I sure you he probably cares for neither.

He is going to come back to the NFL and dance around everyone just like he always did. Could you imagine him on the vikings? handing off to AP and throwing bombs to berrian and rice. Or how about in the wildcat in miami with ronnie brown, that would be absurd.

Michael Vick doesnt give a shit what you think. there are some sick people in here. he is a human being. they are dogs.

Please. Anyone who tries to draw a moral equivalence between horse racing and dogs being bred expressly to fight and kill each other (and being killed for simply not being aggressive enough) is grasping at straws.

lilyoder6
02-21-2009, 08:07 AM
well as much as i think that vick got what he deserved in jail.. i think he got shafted.. the man spent more time in jail than his partners who were charged with the same crime....

but the man paid his dues and ppl should move on

steelreserve
02-21-2009, 01:29 PM
At least from a football perspective, it seems good that the 49ers are interested in him, because they need a quarterback and they've shown that they haven't known how to draft a good one for about 20 years.

On the other hand, I don't really think we need the circus coming to town, and retards who come in wif dere weed an dere gold teef probably won't last more than about 15 seconds under Mike Singletary. So maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

Big D
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I say who cares. First of all, His talent was questioned before the whole dog fighting thing even happen, Nobody doubts his athletic ability, But he wasn't a very good quarterback. Now two years later any skill that he had probably is gone. I think he wont be a qb. I could see him as a wr or in some special teams capacity. Or maybe use him as a decoy in the wildcat. I guess time will tell

lilyoder6
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
i think with the emergence of the wildcat.. that would better suit vick.. since he loved to run the ball.. and u still have a player who can throw the ball decently