PDA

View Full Version : this site is a pleasure

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
comapred to some "other" Steeler sights. at least you guys dont get retarded and say things like Hines Ward is a sure first ballot hall of famer or that Bettis is one of top 5 RB's of all time. What a relief!

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
No, but Hines Ward could eventually be a HOF'er, and Jerome Bettis is certainly one of the top 5 BIG backs of all time...up there with Earl Cambell and Jim Brown and the like.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Agreed on both counts. I was a huge admirer of the 70's Steelers and all the talk earlier this year even comparing Ward to STallworth and Swann made me want to gag. Hes very very good and he could very well go to Canton. But puh-leeeeze

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
But I will say this: There should be no speculation at all about Demontti Dawson. He may be the best center to ever play the game, and if he doesn't get in consensus first ballot, there's a real problem in the selection committee...

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 08:13 PM
totally agree suit, but i have a bad feeling dermonti may struggle to get in at first because of the no rings issue. him and rod woodson should both be 1st ballot. imo theres no question that rod will be. cowher was talking about jerome this week and his character and work ethic and said the only other person hes been around was dermonti. and the way he pulled and blocked on running plays? excellent. i hope he gets his just due. i think jerome gets in 1st ballot too.

thanks for the props on the site 3>4 (lol) i definitely appreciate the reasonable approach all fans here have about our team. definitely one of the best fansites i have encountered despite my obvious bias. and rival fans are always refreshing when they dont stink up the place.

shouldnt this thread be moved to the non-smack forum? lol j/k just making fun of how some threads in other forums are moved to the smack and this one is the complete opposite.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
i guess we are just too classy. it comes out whether we want to or not. haha

btw, agree on Dawson and certainly Woodson.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Woodson made the NFL's all time 75th anniversary team, along with 5 other Steelers...not much chance that the voters forget about that.

Dawson...I don't know. Aikman is in on his SB wins, and Reggie White was in anyway, but his dying will guarantee unanimous 1st ballot. That probably only leaves 1-2 spots for players in the modern era, and Michael Irvin may steal a spot, that crackhead...

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
plus the fact that woodson helped get the steelers to the superbowl (even though barry sanders juked him out of his knee ligaments in the first game of the season, he was the first player ever to return from that type of surgery in the same season) and LED the ravens to theirs, and led the raiders during their loss. 3 teams to the superbowl. other than that i bet his numbers and being a pro bowler at 3 different positions still get him in 1st ballot. im just glad hes gonna represent and go in as a steeler. worst mistake ever letting him go.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
He'll go in as a Steeler...he made his mark here.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 10:13 PM
glad you let Vrabel go too

augustashark
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM

Whats wrong with us? Here we thought J.Porter and J.Gildon was better....

How stupid are we.....:alcohol: :alcohol:

3 to be 4
01-05-2006, 05:22 AM
whats wrong with having all of them. besides how many TD passes has Porter caught. haha

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 07:50 AM
whats wrong with having all of them. besides how many TD passes has Porter caught. haha
Question: how many times does Pittsburgh line up LB's as TE's???

Never. It's not their style. Heath Miller is plenty enough for this team. He's a great TE and the Steelers don't need decoys at TE. Vrabel is a great player, granted, but he would not have succeeded in the same way in Pittsburgh's system so this really isn't much of an argument.

Belichick is a trick-play kind of coach (drop kicks, reverses, decoys) where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but effective system. Vrabel would only get a chance to shine as LB only. Vrabel's athletic ability allows him to shine in other areas in Belichick's system.

Livinginthe past
01-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Question: how many times does Pittsburgh line up LB's as TE's???

Never. It's not their style. Heath Miller is plenty enough for this team. He's a great TE and the Steelers don't need decoys at TE. Vrabel is a great player, granted, but he would not have succeeded in the same way in Pittsburgh's system so this really isn't much of an argument.

Belichick is a trick-play kind of coach (drop kicks, reverses, decoys) where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but effective system. Vrabel would only get a chance to shine as LB only. Vrabel's athletic ability allows him to shine in other areas in Belichick's system.

New England may not possess the best Tight End in football - but I could argue a strong case on them having the finest trio - they certainly dont need decoys at TE either. - plus a decoy is only a decoy when you dont use em.

Daniel Graham, Ben Watson and Christian Fauria are all capable receiving threats and all capable of blocking.

With the trouble our O-Line has had with injuries this year DG and BW have spent alot of time helping them out.

Are you saying that Vrabel wouldnt have been a force in the OLB position for the Steelers?

augustashark
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Are you saying that Vrabel wouldnt have been a force in the OLB position for the Steelers?[/QUOTE]

No, I think Vrabel would have been a good fit here but when you have two pro bowl OLB's it makes it tough to keep a third with the kind of price tag that Vrable would have been worth....Not taking anything from Vrabel but it is a numbers game.

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 02:37 PM
And we taught him how to play LB first

3 to be 4
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Belichick is a trick-play kind of coach (drop kicks, reverses, decoys) where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but effective system.

where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but
always loses in the playoffs style :smile:

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
onside kick in sb xxx wasnt exactly conservative. neither was using a rookie qb as wr to convert an important 3rd down

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I`m losing all respect for Marvin Lewis! Motley Nates sig, is creeping me out!

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM
New England may not possess the best Tight End in football - but I could argue a strong case on them having the finest trio - they certainly dont need decoys at TE either. - plus a decoy is only a decoy when you dont use em.

Daniel Graham, Ben Watson and Christian Fauria are all capable receiving threats and all capable of blocking.

With the trouble our O-Line has had with injuries this year DG and BW have spent alot of time helping them out.

Are you saying that Vrabel wouldnt have been a force in the OLB position for the Steelers?
No, I'm saying Vrabel would be a force but he wouldn't be playing situational TE for the Steelers. That's Belichick's doing. Cowher's coaching style would have Vrabel playing OLB only. Maybe I word-smithed my original response in a wordy way that lost the point. What I meant by "decoy" was having certain players play out of position (like Julius Peppers split out on goal line situations on offense), not on whether or not they are in on the play (incorrect word usage of decoy, my apologies). NE has good TE's, I had Graham on my keeper league until I drafted Miller.

I'm an Ohio State guy, Vrabel grew up not too far from where I did. The guy would be great in ANY system as an OLB. I just don't think Cowher would use him as a TE.

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Belichick is a trick-play kind of coach (drop kicks, reverses, decoys) where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but effective system.

where as Cowher coaches a more in your face, run down your throat, predictable but
always loses in the playoffs style :smile:
Not always... he did make it to a Super Bowl where Neil O'Donnell's INTs cost them the game.

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2006, 07:41 PM

I'm not, didn't want to let him go at the time. We had too many LBs at the time. Always did like Vrabel.

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 07:41 PM
onside kick in sb xxx wasnt exactly conservative. neither was using a rookie qb as wr to convert an important 3rd down
Agreed, but Belichick's playcalling is much more "colorful" than Cowher's. Yes, there was Slash who did well until they made him full-time QB that gave them that "creative play" edge and they somewhat still do that with ARE, but if you compare to NE straight up, the Steelers are more conservative than the Pats.

If it's any consolation, Cowher is a master of innovation in comparison to the Browns. :rofl:

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 07:42 PM
I`m losing all respect for Marvin Lewis! Motley Nates sig, is creeping me out!
He's got Pittsburgh lineage, not respecting your past? :busted:

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
yes marvin lewis is definitely creepy now. (thanks nate) that damn brow could rival cowhers chin!

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
yes marvin lewis is definitely creepy now. (thanks nate) that damn brow could rival cowhers chin!
I can do a Cowher one if you want with a pulsing chin. :busted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/Isaacmyman.gif

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

btw when did marvin have that fro and stash?

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 08:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

btw when did marvin have that fro and stash?
Actually that was Isaac from Love Boat. Marv did sport the fro in the pre-Pittsburgh days.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/oldschoolmarv.jpg

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Actually that was Isaac from Love Boat.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/oldschoolmarv.jpg
lol. i know, it is a spittin image of him though, could be his twin. kinda like houshmanblahblah and richard the shoe bomber:grin:

nice pict with marv and the fro. i bet the team clown him on that one all the time

hey cowher with the chin would look awesome if he bounced it like the body builders when they flex their pects

clevestinks
01-06-2006, 04:58 AM
He's got Pittsburgh lineage, not respecting your past? :busted:
Men usually don`t wink like that in the Burgh! It is funny!:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Men usually don`t wink like that in the Burgh! It is funny!:rolleyes:
oh shit! i thought that was a picture of a woman from cleveland doing the winking!:rofl:

Motley Nate
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
oh shit! i thought that was a picture of a woman from cleveland doing the winking!:rofl:
Women from Cleveland have more facial warts.