PDA

View Full Version : bungels tag best Offensive player

devilsdancefloor
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AknFEGVeQUQEBaVtVhYh6SxDubYF?slug=ap-bengals-graham&prov=ap&type=lgns

CINCINNATI (AP)—The Bengals have tagged kicker Shayne Graham as their franchise player, a move that gives the eight-year veteran the option to sign a one-year deal for a salary equal to the average of the five highest-paid kickers from last season.

It also saves the Bengals a bunch of money.

The value of the franchise tag for kickers in 2009 is a salary of $2.48 million. If the team had named T.J. Houshmandzadeh as its franchise player, as many observers expected, the cost to designate a wide receiver jumps to $9.88 million.

Graham’s 85.6 percent career field goal accuracy ranks fourth all-time in the NFL. He holds several Bengals kicking records, including consecutive field goals (21), season field goal percentage (91.2) and consecutive extra points (158). He is second on the all-time Bengals scoring list with 682 points.

Graham, who in 2005 became the team’s first Pro Bowl kicker, also handles kickoffs for the Bengals.

Coach Marvin Lewis says the Bengals and Graham will continue negotiating a long-term deal.

Graham is due to become a free agent Feb. 27. The franchise tag means the Bengals can retain him by matching any offer made by another team, or allow Graham to sign with that team in exchange for two first-round draft picks.

“Shayne has consistently performed at a high level for us, and we expect that same performance in 2009 and hopefully beyond,” Lewis said.

Houshmandzadeh, one of the few bright spots on an anemic offense last season, is headed for free agency. But Lewis said Monday’s announcement does not mean the team is giving up on signing the veteran wide receiver, who has said the odds are against him returning to Cincinnati.

“We will also continue to talk with several of our other pending free agents in an ongoing attempt to re-sign them,” Lewis said. “Some will want to test their value in the market, and we of course will look at the market for possible new players. But as I?ve said before, the best value for all sides tends to be when a team re-signs its own key free agents, and we will make every attempt to re-sign the players we consider most important for 2009.”

Houshmandzadeh, who signed a four-year contract worth roughly $3 million per year before the 2005 season, has not attended the team’s offseason voluntary workouts the past two years because he felt he was underpaid. At age 32, he is on the older side for an NFL receiver, though he led the NFL in receptions in 2007 with 112.

The receiver led the Bengals in receiving last year with 92 catches for 904 yards and four touchdowns on a team that ranked last in the NFL in scoring and yardage. It was the first time in three seasons that Houshmandzadeh

:wave: doucheman is good as gone:wave::wave:

NEPAsteeler
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
More proof that they suck. Lmao. :chuckle:

SteelCurtain7
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually, their best offensive player is their punter. Seeing as he's the most used player on the team, that is. :rofl: Surprised the punter didn't get tagged.

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Actually, their best offensive player is their punter. Seeing as he's the most used player on the team, that is. :rofl: Surprised the punter didn't get tagged.

:rofl: good one:thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM

you read my mind! haha!

lilyoder6
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
well.. thats good for the bengals.. they get to keep the player who scored the most points for them this yr..

now i see the eagles trying to come in and sign T.J

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 06:33 PM
well.. thats good for the bengals.. they get to keep the player who scored the most points for them this yr..

now i see the eagles trying to come in and sign T.J

That is where he has been saying he would like to end up. Mentioned he was "auditioning" for the Eagles during their O.T. game against them.

SteelCityKing
02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
That is where he has been saying he would like to end up. Mentioned he was "auditioning" for the Eagles during their O.T. game against them.

i would like to see that happen. only for the simple fact that 1) it keeps TJ out of the AFC North and we don't have to talk about him anymore. 2) i like the Eagles. they could use him. 3) he's probably going to steal headlines for moving to a new team. that way it keeps Tom Brady and T.O. out of the headlines for about a week. i get sick of hearing about those guys and i hope TJ finds a better place and dismal Cincinnati. i hope Chad Johnson leaves too.

basically, the more people who leave the AFC North (aside from Steeler players) the better our team is off at winning a 3rd straight division title. =)

MasterOfPuppets
02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
how's assclown johnson gonna act now, if TJ gets out of the hell hole , and he's stuck there ? :chuckle:

St33lersguy
02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
how's assclown johnson gonna act now, if TJ gets out of the hell hole , and he's stuck there ? :chuckle:

That dips*** will probably be jealous then maybe say "How do you stop #85" :chuckle:

St33lersguy
02-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Look at Graham as their best source for points just in case they miraculously get close to scoring a TD

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
More proof that they suck. Lmao. :chuckle:

Graham sucks anyway. :chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
In all honesty, i also think he really is their best offensive player.

I think so as well.

NEPAsteeler
02-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Graham sucks anyway. :chuckle:

He fits right in! They certainly picked the right player to franchise. :flap:

CantStop85
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
In an ideal world I would've liked for them to have tagged TJ and traded him, but Shayne's really the player I would most want to hang onto so this move is fine for me.

Happy trails TJ and Chad.

MasterOfPuppets
02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
In an ideal world I would've liked for them to have tagged TJ and traded him, but Shayne's really the player I would most want to hang onto so this move is fine for me.

Happy trails TJ and Chad.any news on CJ being traded?

tony hipchest
02-16-2009, 08:14 PM
any news on CJ being traded?latest i heard, theyre pretty pissed off they didnt rake washington over the coals when their deal was on the table.

i bet someone would give up a 1st and a 3rd for palmer.

if he were smart, he would demand it.

KeiselPower99
02-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Well my friends Graham jersey is good for another wonderful season of Bungles football

Galax Steeler
02-17-2009, 03:37 AM
In all honesty, i also think he really is their best offensive player.

You know he is he has scored more points then any of the other morons on that team.

CantStop85
02-17-2009, 08:00 AM
You know he is he has scored more points then any of the other morons on that team.

That's usually how it works on most football teams...

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
That's usually how it works on most football teams...

UH...actually ...no.

The kicker usually scores more points than the other players on the team.
When talking about the Bengals...I think a different word was correctly used.

Funny how you glossed right over that....I think you have been desensitized.:noidea:

CantStop85
02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
UH...actually ...no.

The kicker usually scores more points than the other players on the team.
When talking about the Bengals...I think a different word was correctly used.

Funny how you glossed right over that....I think you have been desensitized.:noidea:

How astute you are. :coffee:

The_WARDen
02-17-2009, 12:12 PM
latest i heard, theyre pretty pissed off they didnt rake washington over the coals when their deal was on the table.

i bet someone would give up a 1st and a 3rd for palmer.

if he were smart, he would demand it.

I had this weird feeling regarding Palmer..it was almost one of sorrow.

Then I remembered that he is a Bungle and it went away.