PDA

View Full Version : My Top 5 Mock Draft

steelerdave1969
02-17-2009, 05:14 AM
These are my thoughts on what the top 5 teams in the upcoming NFL draft should do with their respective selections

1 Detroit Lions
OT Eugene Monroe
Virginia

2 St.Louis
DT B.J. Raji
Boston College

3 Kansas City
QB Matt Stafford
Georgia

4 Seattle
WR Michael Crabtree
Texas Tech

5 Cleveland
RB Chris "Beanie" Wells
Ohio State

Ok, I know there will be a lot of people disagree with me on these, but I think that this makes sense to me as a bias NFL fan. I think that Stafford is not the best available player for the Lions. If they have to take Stafford, I think they should just trade the pick and get some quanity for very little quaility. I am not bought on Stafford and I think that they need to build that offensive line for the future. They had a good QB in Jon Kitna and couldnt protect him, what makes drafting Stafford any better? Maybe they can sign Michael Vick so they havent got to block but for about 2 seconds and then let him run for his life..

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2009, 06:05 AM
:pde:

Steely McSmash
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Kitna and Vick are lousy.

The top 3 teams are absolute disasters. I think having a team with so many needs you're better off moving down in the draft several times to get better value and avoid cap problems and drama with the top picks.

Of all those guys Raji may be the most valuable.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
If I was the Lions, I would sign Leftwich, draft Monroe and release Culpepper. But, this is the lions so they will probably get Stafford with the #1 pick, Eben Britton with the #20 pick and sign Vernon Carey in free agency.

SunshineMan21
02-18-2009, 12:42 AM
I think Stafford has bust written all over him.

MasterOfPuppets
02-18-2009, 03:37 AM
I think Stafford has bust written all over him.

IN DETROIT....YEP... give him a chance in a semi established offense like NY, or Minn.....he may be ok....:noidea:

Texasteel
02-18-2009, 05:31 AM
IN DETROIT....YEP... give him a chance in a semi established offense like NY, or Minn.....he may be ok....:noidea:

I've agreed with you for a long time about this MOP. Detroit should go OT. In fact, if I were drafting for them I would go Smith with my 1st pick, and Mack with my 2nd pick. There is going to be 2 good QBs in the draft next year, and they will still be picking high.

MasterOfPuppets
02-18-2009, 06:37 AM
I've agreed with you for a long time about this MOP. Detroit should go OT. In fact, if I were drafting for them I would go Smith with my 1st pick, and Mack with my 2nd pick. There is going to be 2 good QBs in the draft next year, and they will still be picking high. yep....or they could take the tackle at #1 and trade thier other # 1 and 3rd and move up to 16 and take sanchez....assuming he gets by sanfran of course.:noidea: that way they get thier franchise tackle, and still get thier " face of the franchise".... and still sell jerseys...then trade thier 2nd to get a 2nd and 3rd in return ( about the 18th pick in 2 or 50th )... and go BPA the rest of the draft, since they need just about everything.

SunshineMan21
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Honestly I think there's a possibility Schwartz will use the #1 on Raji . . . a lock as a good player and Detroit's D is historically bad. In any case, Stafford would be a poor pick . . . believe it or not Orlovsky was one of Detroit's few bright spots last year.

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Honestly I think there's a possibility Schwartz will use the #1 on Raji . . . a lock as a good player and Detroit's D is historically bad. In any case, Stafford would be a poor pick . . . believe it or not Orlovsky was one of Detroit's few bright spots last year.
that certainly would blow up everybodies mock...and i mean EVERYBODY !!!

steelerdave1969
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM

Hey man, I totally agree with you on that pick. I think that Raji is gonna be a Big Hole Plugger and that is where your defense starts on defending the run in the NFL. But they need someon that is gonna protect their franchise QB whoever that may be and there is no way that BJ is gonna be there at 20 for them. But nice post
:applaudit:

steelerdave1969
02-19-2009, 05:16 PM
If I was the Lions, I would sign Leftwich, draft Monroe and release Culpepper. But, this is the lions so they will probably get Stafford with the #1 pick, Eben Britton with the #20 pick and sign Vernon Carey in free agency.

That would be an awesome start to rebuilding that Lions team in my opinion..