PDA

View Full Version : Keith Butler Next in Line

steelerdave1969
02-17-2009, 06:18 AM
I think that the Steelers are looking for LB coach Keith Butler to be their next Defensive Coordinator... what ya think?

I myself hope that they are, the guy has been here for a long time and just keeps producing great LBers year in year out and it might be interesting to see how he will do as a coordinator
:coffee:

BlastFurnace
02-17-2009, 07:06 AM
I don't even want to think about not having LeBeau right now.

But...you're probably right.

stlrtruck
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I think Dickie LeBeau wants to add at least one more ring to his finger before he goes out. But something tells me not even one more will solidify his retirement. While Butler may be the next coordinator in waiting, it's going to be at Dickie's choosing to leave!

SaskSteeler
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
if this is true I hope he spends as much time as possible with LeBeau so he can learn how to run this defense and learn how to develop gameplans like Dick does so well

STEEL-MAN
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
LeBeau loves to coach, probably would stay for nothing, Butler love his job as well and realizes that. So whats the problem, we wouldn't be evening talking about this hadn't Wiz wanted to steal more coaches from us!

NEPAsteeler
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Since Dick LeBeau's retirement is inevitable sometime in the hopefully not so near future, I would like to see Keith Butler become our defensive coordinator since he's worked with LeBeau.

tyler289
02-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, when Cowher retired, a lot of people wanted the in-house guys to replace Bill...and looked how it actually turned out.

I think this is a different situation, though, because Butler knows Dick's system and the players respect the system and obviously know Butler. Butler has coached the best linebacking corps in the NFL, I think he's the #1 option for Dick's eventual replacement.

Galax Steeler
02-19-2009, 05:07 AM
I hope Keith don't get a wild hire and decide to go somewhere else before Dick retires.

Rick5895
02-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Butler removed himself from the Cards job, I think he will be the heir apparent