PDA

View Full Version : BALCO rears its ugly head in New England

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
My new favorite writer from Boston.

BALCO case rears its ugly head in New England
Larry Izzo admits to using PEDs
Sean Crowe, New England Patriots Examiner

Whenever I think of BALCO, I think of Barry “scumbag” Bonds, Jason “White Barry” Giambi, and other unscrupulous individuals.

I just don’t picture guys like Larry Izzo.

Larry Izzo isn’t a super star. He’s not a bad guy. He might even be a good guy.

By all accounts, he’s well liked in the locker room. He works hard. He does a bunch of charity work. He’s visited the troops overseas. His Larry-oke thing has raised a ton of money for members of the armed forces and their families.

Basically, he’s the anti-Barry Bonds.

Except that like Bonds, he’s a cheater. He took performance enhancing drugs. He knew what they were. He knew they were against the rules. He took them anyway in an attempt to get better.

The only thing that separates him from Bonds is that he apparently didn’t lie to the grand jury during the BALCO case. He lied to everyone else. For five years he lied to everyone else. Luckily for him, his testimony never leaked to the press.

Unluckily for him, the government decided he’d make a good witness in the Barry Bonds case.

We Boston fans are pretty good at the whole double standard thing.

We constantly throw darts at the Yankees because of Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez while ignoring the fact that Mo Vaughn and Jose Canseco were both probably juicing in Dan Duquette’s office back in the day.

I mean, Rodney Harrison is suspended for taking HGH and we give him a standing ovation.

It’ll be interesting to see how we react to Larry Izzo.

I’m not suggesting we boo anyone. I’m not suggesting anyone be run out of town. I’m not even suggesting that the Patriots not resign their special teams captain.

I’m not sure what I’m suggesting.

But the next time you decide to give a Yankee fan crap for cheering on a bunch of big headed, acne-riddled mutants, remember Larry Izzo.

After all, people in glass houses…

http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m2d18-BALCO-case-rears-its-ugly-head-in-New-England-Larry-Izzo-admits-to-using-PEDs

devilsdancefloor
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
At least he is a man about it and admitted to it!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Cheating in New England? SERIOUSLY? I would never believe it!

/sarcasm

The Patriot
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
That's a shame. But probably just the tip of the iceberg.