PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Our Better From 1st To Last?

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Ike Taylor, Bryant Mcfadden, and William Gay ok Bryant Mcfadden Started ON the Left SIde This Season In Order OF those Three Who DO Everythink Is Better From 1st To LAst?

StainlessStill
02-19-2009, 12:07 AM
As far as shutdown corner, Ike is our best corner followed by Deshea, McFadden, and Gay. Ike STILL needs to work on how to defend the fade ball. He's in position but needs to work on his finish. His hands are no use. Deshea is the ultimate pro and could never lose his job for a reason, and when he did it was because of injury. He's a better head to head corner than a nickel and dime corner. BMac will be something, bank on it and Gay shows promise.

Galax Steeler
02-19-2009, 03:34 AM
I think Gay has come along ways he is almost in the no.3 slot.

meelanova
02-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Ike is our best corner followed by Townsend, McFadden and Gay. But I thin kMcfadden will leave in FA.

steelerbackr4life
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
i agree gay definitely has an upside. I thought McFadden would have been a premiere corner by now.

NJarhead
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't think it's that simple. I think they are all diverse in who they can/can't match up well against. Ike fell a bit out of favor with me this year. Although, he does have his flashes of brilliance.
Deshea is old and never has been all that gifted physically, but a smarter CB is hard to come by.
I LOVE McFadden. I think he could make us forget Ike.
Gay has been a very pleasant surprise.

HometownGal
02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Ike, of course, gets the top slot, followd by Deshea (how can anyone leave this guy off their list?), B-Mac and Gay. I hope we don't lose B-Mac to FA but it is likely we could. Gay is coming along very nicely and moves into that #3 slot if McFadden decides to hit the road.

Steeldude
02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
taylor - yes, definitely needs to learn how to play the ball rather than face-guarding, but still the steelers best CB on the team.

townsend - dependable veteran who makes few mistakes.

gay - looks like he could be a solid, young CB foryears to come.

mcfadden - average CB who priced himself out of a job in pittsburgh.

i list taylor and townsend at 1 & 2. the others are debateable.

OX1947
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
McFadden was actually having a big year until he broke his forearm. And for those who are worried about McFadden leaving, did you hear anything from Breaston in the Super Bow? I didnt execpt for the punt return. William Gay was on him. Gay has the potential to be a pretty good DB. So at least the Steelers have a back up to that and of course the ever reliable Townsend who continues to amaze me after an 11 year Steeler, and counting, career.

steelerdave1969
02-20-2009, 05:07 AM
I myself think that Bryant McFadden could be our star DB for years to come if the Steelers will just take time to re-sign the guy. Ike Taylor is one of the most physical corners in the league and that is his best asset, because he covers the reciever too much facing away from the QB and he couldnt catch the ball if he turned around anyway most of the time. I think the Steelers will think this thing out hard and make the right decision, the usually do.

In my opinion Ike is still no.1 and McFadden/Townsend should be there at no.2, I just have not seen enough out of William Gay yet to put him in the top 3 unless B-Mac leaves.