PDA

View Full Version : Two sexes 'sin in different ways'

SteelersMongol
02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Women are prouder than men, but men are more lustful, according to a Vatican report which states that the two sexes sin differently.

A Catholic survey found that the most common sin for women was pride, while for men, the urge for food was only surpassed by the urge for sex.

The report was based on a study of confessions carried out by Fr Roberto Busa, a 95-year-old Jesuit scholar.

The Pope's personal theologian backed up the report in the Vatican newspaper.

"Men and women sin in different ways," Msgr Wojciech Giertych, theologian to the papal household, wrote in L'Osservatore Romano.

"When you look at vices from the point of view of the difficulties they create you find that men experiment in a different way from women."

Msgr Giertych said the most difficult sin for men to face was lust, followed by gluttony, sloth, anger, pride, envy and greed.

For women, the most dangerous sins were pride, envy, anger, lust, and sloth, he added.

Secretive department

Catholics are supposed to confess their sins to a priest at least once a year. The priest absolves them in God's name.

HIS AND HERS - THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Male, Female symbols, top three seven deadly sins

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45490000/gif/_45490168_deadly_sins226.gif

Men 1. Lust 2. Gluttony 3. Sloth 4. Anger 5. Pride 6. Envy 7. Greed
Women 1. Pride 2. Envy 3. Anger 4. Lust 5. Gluttony 6. Avarice 7. Sloth

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states that "immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into Hell".

Traditionally, the seven deadly sins were considered: pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed and sloth.

The Apostolic Penitentiary, one of the Vatican's most secretive departments, which fixes the punishments and indulgences handed down to sinners, last year updated its list of deadly sins to include more modern ones.

The revised list included seven modern sins it said were becoming prevalent during an era of "unstoppable globalisation".

These included: genetic modification, experiments on the person, environmental pollution, taking or selling illegal drugs, social injustice, causing poverty and financial greed.

The report came amid Vatican concerns about the declining rate of confessions.

A recent survey of Catholics found nearly a third no longer considered confession necessary, while one in 10 considered the process an obstacle to their dialogue with God.

Pope Benedict, who reportedly confesses his sins once a week, last year issued his own voice of disquiet on the subject.

"We are losing the notion of sin," he said. "If people do not confess regularly, they risk slowing their spiritual rhythm."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7897034.stm

Women ... :shake01: :chuckle: Was just playing. :couch:

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Lets see....:scratchchin:

1 knock the bottom out of it
2 have her make me a sammich
3 take a nap

guilty as charged....:hunch:

steelwall
02-19-2009, 03:30 AM

3 take a nap

much non-PC as that is...sorry can't help but :rofl: ladies...

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 05:45 AM

3 take a nap

I got a sammich for ya...............KNUCKLE sammich.... :crutches:

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 05:51 AM
I got a sammich for ya...............KNUCKLE sammich.... :crutches:steelcitygal - #3 anger..... check

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 06:05 AM
steelcitygal - #3 anger..... check

Nope, not at all... I was HAPPY to do it, and would GLADLY do it again. NO anger was involved.

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Nope, not at all... I was HAPPY to do it, and would GLADLY do it again. NO anger was involved.
:huh: .....you talkin about the sex, or makin the sammich ? :noidea:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 06:16 AM
:huh: .....you talkin about the sex, or makin the sammich ? :noidea:

I believe we were talking about the KNUCKLE sammich and how much I ENJOYED giving you one. Lust is #4 on my list.

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 06:38 AM
I believe we were talking about the KNUCKLE sammich and how much I ENJOYED giving you one. Lust is #4 on my list.
now when you say ........"knuckle sammich" ........:scratchchin:...............

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 06:47 AM
now when you say ........"knuckle sammich" ........:scratchchin:...............

Yes???? Oh, were you wanting something to go with that??...ice pack....Motrin......

SteelCurtain7
02-19-2009, 07:27 AM
I got a sammich for ya...............KNUCKLE sammich.... :crutches:

:rofl:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 07:40 AM
:rofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Lets see....

3 take a nap

guilty as charged....

Well, he didn't say....PLEASE.. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes???? Oh, were you wanting something to go with that??...ice pack....Motrin...... how bout some tatertots.....:yummy:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
how bout some tatertots.....:yummy:

AHEM...what did I just mention???....... Once again you forgot the magic word:shake01:

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
AHEM...what did I just mention???....... Once again you forgot the magic word:shake01:
now ? :hunch:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:06 AM

*sigh* No, that is not the word I had in mind. What are you supposed to say to POLITELY ask for something you want?

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Funny, the only sin not on that survey or in either circle for men and women is Greed...

and Lord forgive me, but I'm one greedy SOB....so greedy that I want more Rings even after having a 6th!

HometownGal
02-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Funny, the only sin not on that survey or in either circle for men and women is Greed...

and Lord forgive me, but I'm one greedy SOB....so greedy that I want more Rings even after having a 6th!

I'm going to need some of that forgiveness too, Dino. I want mo rings!!! :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 08:23 AM

and Lord forgive me, but I'm one greedy SOB....so greedy that I want more Rings even after having a 6th!Men 1. Lust 2. Gluttony 3. Sloth 4. Anger 5. Pride 6. Envy 7. Greed

stlrtruck
02-19-2009, 08:25 AM

:toofunny:

Nice! :applaudit:

But, I think she meant that you forgot to ask for a beverage too! :hunch:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:30 AM
:toofunny:

Nice! :applaudit:

But, I think she meant that you forgot to ask for a beverage too! :hunch:

That is why he hasn't gotten the tatertots yet :flap:. And as for the beverage...yeah I was going to throw an ice cold beer in there as well....but now he is just SOL*

*Okay, that sounded mean.....so I will give him the sammich(any kind he likes), the tatertots, the beer AND a bag of peanuts to snack on later.

stlrtruck
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
That is why he hasn't gotten the tatertots yet :flap:. And as for the beverage...yeah I was going to throw an ice cold beer in there as well....but now he is just SOL.

Now why can't you play nice like my wife does when I'm home on game day!

Let's me watch the game with minimal interruptions and most of them have to do with, "Do I want something to eat, or something to drink?" And oh yeah she does her best to keep the chitlins entertained.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Now why can't you play nice like my wife does when I'm home on game day!

Let's me watch the game with minimal interruptions and most of them have to do with, "Do I want something to eat, or something to drink?" And oh yeah she does her best to keep the chitlins entertained.

LOL...I edited my comment, as I realized I was being a bit too harsh(notice I even added peanuts!). BUT...He could have avoided the whole senario had he just used the word.........PLEASE!!

stlrtruck
02-19-2009, 08:55 AM
LOL...I edited my comment, as I realized I was being a bit too harsh(notice I even added peanuts!). BUT...He could have avoided the whole senario had he just used the word.........PLEASE!!

Come on he's a guy - you can't expect him to remember his manners all the time can you? I know he should lead by example but then again if you're feeding two of his top three sinning natures you've catered to the lack of manners :flap: :rofl:

Maybe you should wait until he caters to yours :toofunny: oh wait, he's a guy that probably won't happen until he's done his sammich, beer, and peanuts (and definitely not until at least half time)!

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Come on he's a guy - you can't expect him to remember his manners all the time can you? I know he should lead by example but then again if you're feeding two of his top three sinning natures you've catered to the lack of manners :flap: :rofl:

Maybe you should wait until he caters to yours :toofunny: oh wait, he's a guy that probably won't happen until he's done his sammich, beer, and peanuts (and definitely not until at least half time)!you mean after the nap......:chuckle:

KeiselPower99
02-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep that could be true my wife and every girl I ever dated was damn proud.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
you mean after the nap......:chuckle:

No time for napping....too busy working on my #5.....I'll have an Italian hoagie(baked), curly fries, and a iced tea...PLEASE. Thank you :)

devilsdancefloor
02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
MOP man you gotta make'em think they won!! Then it is all good!! that is the secret to a happy marriage or relationship :grin:!!:wink02:

X-Terminator
02-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Getting this thread back from the hijack, you can certainly take that list and mix it up. As with most things, there are exceptions to the rule.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Greed isn't in the circle but it is on both of the lists. Avarice- greed for money. It is strange though...why did they just use the word greed on the men's list, but the word avarice on the woman's? Why in particular money greed for women? I would think that could be on the men's list as well.

Godfather
02-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Greed isn't in the circle but it is on both of the lists. Avarice- greed for money. It is strange though...why did they just use the word greed on the men's list, but the word avarice on the woman's? Why in particular money greed for women? I would think that could be on the men's list as well.

Good point...Wall Street isn't run by women.

I'd also have to wonder aout lust being #1 on the list for men. It's less of a problem for older men than younger men.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM

I'd also have to wonder aout lust being #1 on the list for men. It's less of a problem for older men than younger men.

I think it is number one on the men's list because they are more visual creatures than women.

X-Terminator
02-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Overall, it definitely deserves to be there - men in general are ruled by the genitalia. Obviously some women are too and they'll chase any man who even winks at them, and there are more of them than people think. They just tend to hide it better.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Yeah, it would seem to me men are more money hungry than women are. I was just surprised to see Avarice on the women's list. I could see just greed being on both. Oh well.

kittenfantastico76
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM

3 take a nap

bwahahahahahahahah *snort* :rofl:

My list starts w/ Anger... I need to work on that :wink02:

kittenfantastico76
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it would seem to me men are more money hungry than women are. I was just surprised to see Avarice on the women's list. I could see just greed being on both. Oh well.

nah... I wouldn't say Men are more money hungry... not when you think about the millions of Gold Diggers in the US. :wink02: I think it's even steven, women just have a different way of getting their money. hehehe!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
nah... I wouldn't say Men are more money hungry... not when you think about the millions of Gold Diggers in the US. :wink02: I think it's even steven, women just have a different way of getting their money. hehehe!

True, no doubt there are plenty of gold diggers.

stlrtruck
02-19-2009, 04:19 PM

IMHO, it would be because most women in that category strive for more money as if it's never enough. Men on the other hand aren't solely in it for the money but for the toys the money can buy.

Example, if a girl who is "greedy or avarice" gets $1,000 - she wouldn't rush out and spend it on some high tech gadget but instead most likely look for a way to increase the value of the money (i.e. get more). A guy on the other hand gets that same $1,000 and he's looking for the new high tech cell phone, mini lap top, or something of value. So his greed is not just for the money but the things that come with it - that's why rich guys have big houses, so they can store all their toys.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
IMHO, it would be because most women in that category strive for more money as if it's never enough. Men on the other hand aren't solely in it for the money but for the toys the money can buy.

Example, if a girl who is "greedy or avarice" gets $1,000 - she wouldn't rush out and spend it on some high tech gadget but instead most likely look for a way to increase the value of the money (i.e. get more). A guy on the other hand gets that same $1,000 and he's looking for the new high tech cell phone, mini lap top, or something of value. So his greed is not just for the money but the things that come with it - that's why rich guys have big houses, so they can store all their toys.

I was doing some research on the differences in spending habits between men and women...here is one persons view.....

"Men and women both spend money, but the differences come in where that spending occurs. All over the globe, women are now becoming the largest consumers of things like electronics and other such entertainment goods. They have long been the biggest buyers of beauty products, but now they are stretching out to overtake men in spending on clothes and other things. Men, on the other hand, are spending more money on travel and luxury food. It appears that the current downswing in the American economy is causing men to focus more on saving their dough, while women are having less concern for the future and more concern for the here and now."

http://www.smartmoneydaily.com/personalfinance/do-men-and-women-spend-differently.aspx