PDA

View Full Version : Lendale's Draft Position after the Rose Bowl?

TasmanianTroy271
01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I think probably everyone here watched the Rose Bowl, and if you havent, you've seen the stats. Lendale had one hell of a game. On Cold Pizza this morning, Skip (who is a hack) rated him in the top 5 picks. Do you think he's out of our reach now, that he did so well in the Rose Bowl?

SteelerDan43
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
I think he gained as much stock in the draft as Vince, while Bush and Leinart went down. Lendale was just amazing. I think there is no way he will be around by the time we are on the clock which hopefully will be 32 :smile: He moves so well for a big guy, he was everybit as mind boggling as Vince last night

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I loved what I saw last night from LenDale White. Unfortunately so did a lot of people. I don't think he'll be around for us unless the Steelers found a way to move up pretty high.

Koopa
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
hopefully he'll flop in his workouts and slip to us lol. oh well there is other backs that can be drafted. but i'm glad bush played like shit, just showed what he's gonna be like when he has to play defenses like this on the reg

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM
How many teams really need a RB ? Hou, Ari, Phil, Atl, And where do RB fall on thier needs list?

Koopa
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
well i don't think the falcons need one unless dunn is leaving, the eagles have bigger needs, houston doesn't really need a running back but they'll take bush cause they can trade him for some good stuff. arizona would proabaly take williams from memphis

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 05:52 PM
mel kiper just said that lendale white probably raised his stock some (even though he did what he has been doing all year) to a late 1st to midround pick. bush's stock hasnt dropped none: him and the other 2 heisman finalists round out the top 3. white and parker in the steelers backfield is looking disgusting. ravens might even draft him just to keep the steelers from getting him (thank you ravens for keeping kyle boller off our roster)

SteelerDan43
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I dont see Philly needing a back in the first round, The just signed Westbrook to an extension and Moats looked decent torwards the end of the year, a capable backup

Interceptor
01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
The Vikings might take White. LenDale looked pretty awesome. I haven't watched much of college football lately and was expecting a lot from Bush in the Rose Bowl, but it looked like LenDale was the better RB that night.

Steel - X
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
How many teams really need a RB ? Hou, Ari, Phil, Atl, And where do RB fall on thier needs list?
Houston - To me if they were smart they would draft Vince or trade down to get Dibrickshaw Ferg. With Domanick Davis there RB is probably one of there least worries.

Arizona - Well um yeah defense would be my Key and a QB/Offensive lineman. I think they have something in J.J.Arrington they might not draft a RB unless it is a perfect scenario.

Phil - Moats/Westbrook I dont see that happening

Atl - Possibly but to me I dont see it happening they usually draft a WR/DB. But Dunn is almost to his limit but I think TJ could carry the load if they let him but he just doesnt fit the atlanta offense neither does Lendale. The perffect fit in that system would be REggie Bush.

I think the Browns fall in this category also but I just dont see them drafting a RB in the first.

Giants not sure what they think of Barber's future and Jacobs is not an everydown back.

Jets - Is Cedric Houston the man? Not sold yet.

Off the top of my head those are the teams and the reasons but going on last years draft and previous years draft who knows wherer these guys will end up.

Possible RB's to be moved in the offseason just to note. Ricky Williams, Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Larry or Priest (think he will retire), one other slipped my mind though.

Just my thoughts rip it apart fans!

SteelerFanInATL
01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
well i don't think the falcons need one unless dunn is leaving, the eagles have bigger needs, houston doesn't really need a running back but they'll take bush cause they can trade him for some good stuff. arizona would proabaly take williams from memphis

I heard yesterday on a Sports Radio Talk Show here in ATL that they could be interested in Lendale. Then they would for sure let Dunn go. Next year is the last year of his contract with the Falcons. They are not sure if they want to trust Duckett with the load.

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
steelers will probably have to move up to draft white. remember the saints didnt need a rb when they drafted mccallister. some teams will automatically take the best player they have on their board whether its a need or not. some teams may rank him higher than before just cause of this weeks game, if they didnt have him ranked that high in the 1st place.

i didnt know lendale was chauncy billups cousin. (being a champ runs in the family?)

Steel - X
01-06-2006, 11:28 AM
I believe Duckett is an UFA this coming season I could be wrong though.

Koopa
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
i didnt know lendale was chauncy billups cousin. (being a champ runs in the family?)

lol, they both won a championship in the same year and both lost a championship this year

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Had a long conversation with a fellow Steeler fan today, and I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Steelers go with Willie, Staley and Haynes as their RB's next year. Although the Duce part sounds stupid, consider that he hasn't played a full season in years, and will be realtively fresh provided he stays healthy, which he might if he only has to play the role that Bettis did this year...and he's a big back...like 250 big. And he can block and catch...

Koopa
01-07-2006, 12:18 AM
well i seriously doubt we get the chance to draft white, so i'm not even gonna get myself excited about us possibly getting him. but if we draft an olineman in the first round i'll be pretty pissed cause i want an impact player and ain't no damn lineman gonna make an impact. maybe we should draft kimo replacement, maybe rodrique whight

SalukiSteelers
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
What about Michael Bush from Louisville. Chris Landry says the guy goes on the first day, so maybe the Steelers have a shot. He's big, around six-foot-two 240, and he's not scared to get tough yards between the tackles. I didn't watch the VT game, so I don't know how he did, but the guy rushed for (I think) about 1,200 yards. A history of injury isn't good but who knows how that works out in the pros. Do the Steelers really even draft running backs? I guess they may have taken Fu and/or Amos, but I might be wrong on that one. Anyway, I just wanted to throw that name in to the hat if getting White doesn't pan out. Really, though, I could see the Steelers standing pat and going with the backfield they'll have to open the season. Hell, Willie ran for over a grand.

Suitanim
01-07-2006, 05:00 PM
What about some later round sleeper? I do think they'll look for somebody 230+, though...

clevestinks
01-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Steel X Thank you . rep points for you!

I`m thinking we should give parker some $$$$$
Cut Staley!
Beg the Bus for one more year!
Re sign Haynes!
Draft a back in the third round!
Go big time WR in the first!

Go_Cats
01-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Houston - To me if they were smart they would draft Vince or trade down to get Dibrickshaw Ferg. With Domanick Davis there RB is probably one of there least worries.

Arizona - Well um yeah defense would be my Key and a QB/Offensive lineman. I think they have something in J.J.Arrington they might not draft a RB unless it is a perfect scenario.

Phil - Moats/Westbrook I dont see that happening

Atl - Possibly but to me I dont see it happening they usually draft a WR/DB. But Dunn is almost to his limit but I think TJ could carry the load if they let him but he just doesnt fit the atlanta offense neither does Lendale. The perffect fit in that system would be REggie Bush.

I think the Browns fall in this category also but I just dont see them drafting a RB in the first.

Giants not sure what they think of Barber's future and Jacobs is not an everydown back.

Jets - Is Cedric Houston the man? Not sold yet.

Off the top of my head those are the teams and the reasons but going on last years draft and previous years draft who knows wherer these guys will end up.

Possible RB's to be moved in the offseason just to note. Ricky Williams, Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Larry or Priest (think he will retire), one other slipped my mind though.

Just my thoughts rip it apart fans!

Dont forget:

Edge, A. Green, S. Alex

BTW: Lendale hasnt decidede whether or not to leave SC or go to the draft.

TasmanianTroy271
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
yea, now that Lendale's most likely out of our grasp, I vote for a big time WR in the first. Plus, there are alot of good Running Backs in the NFL right now; There was all the injuries in Green Bay, and there are alot of running back duos out there, and both are gonna want starters money, and the team's will probably only want to pay 1.

Fred Taylor and Greg Jones
Clinton Portis and Ledell Betts
Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones
Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell
Jamal Lewis and Chester Taylor
Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown
Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk

And then we still don't know if Duce can be our Primary back, and I still like Verron and Willie together, whatever you guys say...

yes, Big Time WR in the first is what I would like, but I wouldnt be upset with a DE. I just think someone like Martin Nance or Hank Baskett is just what we need to get a solid offense. So yea...

Koopa
01-08-2006, 01:04 AM
yeah i wouldn't mind one of those non big names wr in the first they'll be easier to keep around when it comes to resigning time. that would be tight if we could trade for benson cause i think julius' older brother can handle the job there the rest of his career. benson will just be wasted so that would be tight if we could get him.

Steel - X
01-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Dont forget:

Edge, A. Green, S. Alex

BTW: Lendale hasnt decidede whether or not to leave SC or go to the draft.

Edge and SA, will not be coming here you can marl my words on that but Ahman Green would not be a bad addition thats for sure if he comes cheap. I think that guy fits perfectly with what we are trying to do. But with his injury concerns he has to come cheap.

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Edge and SA, will not be coming here you can marl my words on that but Ahman Green would not be a bad addition thats for sure if he comes cheap. I think that guy fits perfectly with what we are trying to do. But with his injury concerns he has to come cheap.

Yeah, as much as I would love to see Edge or SA here. The Steelers rarely go after really big FA's.

Brady12
01-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I just saw a mock draft that had you guys taking Lendale White, at 27... 27, because they just took what it was now. this was updated 2 days after the Rose Bowl... you still might have a shot at him.

LambertIsGod58
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't think White will be left by the time we get to pick.....