PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Heros

SteelerDan43
01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
So who do you guys view as the unsung hero's of this year. My vote has to go to Dan Kreider. He just goes about his business and does an absolutley wonderful job blocking. You never hear him complaining or giving the other team bulletin board material. He is a throw back to the old school style of smash mouth football. I am also going to give an honorable mention to Clint Kriewaldt. Another guy that filled a gap in LB for a while and once again was an excellent special teamer. Something every team needs to be sucessful

BB2W
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Offense: Antwaan Randle El

Defense: Larry Foote

TasmanianTroy271
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Danny Kreider never gets any love from anyone. I love it when he gets the ball, it makes my day anytime he gets a catch or he runs. I'd agree with you on Danny, and on Defense I agree with BB2W on Larry Foote. He leads the team with tackles and whenever reporters told him, he shrugged it off saying it was only because Farrior was out for a few games. He's a great LB, and I'm glad we kept him instead of Bell.

83-Steelers-43
01-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Offense - Kreider

Defense - Ike

Kreider is the most underrated player at his respected position in the NFL. How he is not in the Pro-Bowl is beyond me.

Ike I felt really stepped up this season. With the exception of one or two games I thought his play has been solid.

Suitanim
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
The DL...as we have witnessed on this board, there are still some dingbats out there who think they should be rolling up big stats...

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Offfense, would also agree on Kreider, on Defense, I would go with McFadden, or Ike.

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Offense: Definitely goes to Dan Kreider
Defense: Larry Foote and I think Casey Hampton. You don't hear Casey getting too much media attention, but that guy is a monster.

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
just to be different i am gonna say jeff reed. unlike maddox he has not single handedly lost us any games this season or really missed a crucial kicks (i think there was a long one against the pats but it wasnt late in the game) if we missed the playoffs tommy wouldve got the blame.

jeff reeds kick against san diego can be looked at as the single play that got us in the playoffs and left the chargers/chiefs on the outside looking in.

(props to all the backups and special teamers who have been prepared to play on a seconds notice. maddox not included and yes some of our young o linemen were exposed early, but they played and they learned)

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 03:50 PM
I agree with Krieder
Defense I don`t think Deshea Townsend got enough credit, he had some big plays, and when he was injured we suffered a bit!

Grey
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Aaron Smith and Kimo. Casey does get recognition, and yes, he is a monster. Certainly have to agree with the Kreider consensus as well.

Here we go.
Grey

Brady12
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Doug Flutie... Oh wait this is Pittsburgh Steelers..

Ummm I dont know, so I'll just say what someone else said..

Antwaan Randle El and Larry Foote