JASON SMITH BAYLOR 33
JON COOPER OKLAHOMA 31
JAMON MEREDITH SOUTH CAROLINA 31
ROB BRUGGEMAN IOWA 30
RAY FEINGA BRIGHAM YOUNG 30
ALEX FLETCHER STANFORD 30
ERIC WOOD LOUISVILLE 30
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/combine/

Texasteels guy Vasquez might have put himself in the 3rd round. He isnt flying under the radar any more.

lilyoder6
02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
The top 10:

Player School Reps
LOUIS VASQUEZ TEXAS TECH 39
TRAVIS BRIGHT BRIGHAM YOUNG 34
JUAN GARCIA WASHINGTON 34
ALEX BOONE OHIO STATE 33
ROBBY FELIX UTEP 33
A.Q. SHIPLEY PENN STATE 33
JASON SMITH BAYLOR 33
JON COOPER OKLAHOMA 31
ROB BRUGGEMAN IOWA 30
ERIC WOOD LOUISVILLE 30

Texasteels guy Vasquez might have put himself in the 3rd round. He isnt flying under the radar any more.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that is a good number for shipley

and vasquez getting 39.. thats just crazy

Texasteel
02-20-2009, 08:07 PM
The top 10:

Player School Reps
LOUIS VASQUEZ TEXAS TECH 39
TRAVIS BRIGHT BRIGHAM YOUNG 34
JUAN GARCIA WASHINGTON 34
ALEX BOONE OHIO STATE 33
ROBBY FELIX UTEP 33
A.Q. SHIPLEY PENN STATE 33
JASON SMITH BAYLOR 33
JON COOPER OKLAHOMA 31
ROB BRUGGEMAN IOWA 30
ERIC WOOD LOUISVILLE 30

Damit!

I would love to see that big body in a Steeler uniform.

Shipley did well today also.

MasterOfPuppets
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
that sucks....i wanted to see what , mack, beatty, robinson, and britton would do.....

lilyoder6
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
i know this doesn't matter.. but the PK from usc did 25 reps.. now thats crazy

MasterOfPuppets
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM
other prospect bench press results......
CENTERS
Eric Wood, Louisville ...30
Max Unger, Oregon .....22
Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas ...26

guards
Trevor Canfield, Cincinnati ....29
Herman Johnson, LSU .........21.....:rofl:
Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin .......29
Andy Kemp, Wisconsin .......23

OT
William Beatty, Connecticut ....27
Eben Britton, Arizona ................24
Jamon Meredith, South Carolina ...31
Eugene Monroe, Virginia........23
Michael Oher, Ole Miss .......21
Fenuki Tupou, Oregon .....24

Texasteel
02-21-2009, 05:56 AM
other prospect bench press results......
CENTERS
Eric Wood, Louisville ...30
Max Unger, Oregon .....22
Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas ...26

guards
Trevor Canfield, Cincinnati ....29
Herman Johnson, LSU .........21.....:rofl:
Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin .......29
Andy Kemp, Wisconsin .......23

OT
William Beatty, Connecticut ....27
Eben Britton, Arizona ................24
Jamon Meredith, South Carolina ...31
Eugene Monroe, Virginia........23
Michael Oher, Ole Miss .......21
Fenuki Tupou, Oregon .....24

I thought the interesting one here was Beatty. He looked to be stronger than I thought, and it looked like he was starting to bulk up a little. You know I'm not a big Beatty fan, but I could be won over if he shows an increase in size and strength.

MasterOfPuppets
02-21-2009, 06:10 AM
I thought the interesting one here was Beatty. He looked to be stronger than I thought, and it looked like he was starting to bulk up a little. You know I'm not a big Beatty fan, but I could be won over if he shows an increase in size and strength.yeah, he put on 16 lbs since the seniorbowl....looks like andre smith is taking a big hit....he isn't working out because he's not in shape supposedly...plus he was measured at 6-4 332....now there calling him a RT or guard * he'd probably be a great guard). .. i've been predicting all along he'd drop......:wave:
...looks like monroe and jason smith will duke it out for the top tackle.33 reps for smith is quite impressive. woods 30 reps looks pretty descent, if mack is gone, i'm hoping on his wagon.

darnik44
02-21-2009, 08:24 AM
I'll update each position as they complete the tests. Check here for up to date coverage of the Combine.

http://www.nflspot.com/index.php/ncaa-nfl-draft/draft-resources/scouting-combine-coverage.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought the interesting one here was Beatty. He looked to be stronger than I thought, and it looked like he was starting to bulk up a little. You know I'm not a big Beatty fan, but I could be won over if he shows an increase in size and strength.

I became a bigger Beatty fan at the Senior Bowl. He showed really good feet, was a willing run blocker, but the only thing was he is a bit light and he starts his punch with a big arm swing from below the hips. I thought he would be a guy that needs a year bulking up, but would be good in 2010.

Now it appears that he does know where the weight room it and I think has all the tools to be a really good LT. He just needs refinement in his hand placement, but he's got GREAT FOOTWORK.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
AQ shipley has impressed me a lot in this combine so far. The only knock his has is his shorter arms. How does everyone feel about ship?

lilyoder6
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
AQ shipley has impressed me a lot in this combine so far. The only knock his has is his shorter arms. How does everyone feel about ship?

well according to some.. he is too short.. too short of arms.. and blah blah blah.....

i was watching the combine and he looked good and what not... i don't think he is 1st or 2nd rd material bit could be a good 3rd and end up being a good center

SunshineMan21
02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Unimpressive performance by Unger--Wood kinda outclassed him.

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Unimpressive performance by Unger--Wood kinda outclassed him.

Wood has been outclassing Unger all year IMO. Nobody, at lest the the so called experts, have been paying attention.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Wood has been outclassing Unger all year IMO. Nobody, at lest the the so called experts, have been paying attention.

I think a lot of the so called experts like the athleticism of Unger. Against a 4-3 front with nobody over him he can get to that LB's better than Wood, Mack or Shipley can. With a man over him I saw him just get stoned several times against Cal, Miami and in the Senior Bowl.

Wood looked smooth in his 40, had quick feet in the change of direction drill for a bug strong guy.

Shipley moved really well too. He reminds me of a short wrestler with intensity and "little man syndrome". He looks like somebody that is never gonna give up on a play. I still think his stature will slide him into the 4th round.

lilyoder6
02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
this is the 20 yrd shuffle from sat..
Name Time
Murtha, Lydon 4.34
Shipley, A.Q. 4.40
Unger, Max 4.50
Wood, Eric 4.51

and then the 3 cone drill
Name Time
Murtha, Lydon 7.06
Fulton, Xavier 7.35
Unger, Max 7.39
Cooper, Jon 7.46
Shipley, A.Q. 7.46
Smith, Jason 7.53
Bell, Joel 7.55
Wood, Eric 7.56
Olsen, Seth 7.59
Beatty, William 7.62

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM

HEY!!!!!! :flap:

Now I know what you think of my analysis!!!
:chuckle:

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
HEY!!!!!! :flap:

Now I know what you think of my analysis!!!
:chuckle:

You know very well I hold you in the highest regard. I still think Unger sucks.:hatsoff:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
You know very well I hold you in the highest regard. I still think Unger sucks.:hatsoff:

I dont really think Unger sucks. I just dont think he is good for a team that plays against a lot of 3-4 defenses.

I really liked what I saw in the agility drills by Beatty and Wood. My guess is that Mack would be in the similar range as he looks more athletic than Wood on film. Any one of those 3 guys would look good in B&G. But now that I say that.........I bet we draft DE. :chuckle: