3. Chiefs-Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
4. Seahawks-Michael Crabtree, WR Texas Tech
5. Browns-Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio St.
6. Bengals-Jason Smith, OT Baylor
7. Raiders-Jeremy Maclin, WR Missouri
8. Jaguars-Andre Smith, OT Alabama
9. Packers-BJ Raji, DT Boston College
10. 49ers-Mark Sanchez, QB Southern Cal
11. Bills-Everette Brown, DE Florida St.
12. Broncos-Rey Maualuga, ILB Southern Cal
13. Redskins-Brian Orakpo, DE Texas
14. Saints-Vontae Davis, CB Illinois
15. Texans-Brian Cushing, OLB Southern Cal
16. Chargers-Chris Wells, RB Ohio St.
17. Jets-Josh Freeman, QB Kansas St.
18. Bears-Aaron Maybin, DE Penn St.
19. Buccaneers-Percy Harvin, WR Florida
20. Lions (f/DAL)-Michael Oher, OT Ole Miss
21. Eagles-Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia
22. Vikings-Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
23. Patriots-Larry English, OLB Northern Illinois
24. Falcons-Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma St.
25. Dolphins-James Laurinaitis, ILB Ohio St.
26. Ravens-DJ Moore, CB Vanderbilt
27. Colts-Peria Jerry, DT Ole Miss
28. Eagles (f/CAR)-Eben Britton, OT Arizona
29. Giants-Clint Sintim, OLB Virginia
30. Titans-Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland
31. Cardinals-LeSean McCoy, RB Pittsburgh
32. Steelers-Alex Mack, C California
:thumbsup:

St33lersguy
02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
That would be a mighty reach for the Jets to select Josh Freeman at #17. Freeman is a 2nd round talent

SteelersTilIDie
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
i agree, but no one thought flacco would get taken 18th last year either...you never know

lilyoder6
02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
i think thats a reach to for freeman.. but if i were the cheifs and i were not sold on thigpen and wanted a qb... i would get freeman in the 2nd rd... then freemen would be able to stay in state all thru HS college and pro

MasterOfPuppets
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
you probably ought to switch the oher, andre smith picks. smith is skipping combine workouts because he's out of shape, plus he measured in at 6-4, 332lbs, so now there calling him a RT , or GUARD prospect, which lowers his value.

SunshineMan21
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I actually disagree with the Detroit picks . . . I think there's no way Schwartz will take Stafford with the first pick (it's going to be Monroe, Raji, or Curry).

Also, while it's possible that Oher drops to #21, I doubt it.

Other than that and Freeman, I generally agree with you--nice draft.

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 05:34 AM
i agree, but no one thought flacco would get taken 18th last year either...you never know

Last year a few of us thought Flacco was the best QB in the draft.

SteelersTilIDie
02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Last year a few of us thought Flacco was the best QB in the draft.

Not at this point though

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Not at this point though

Yea, even last year going in there were some of us that had him as the top or darn near the top QB.

St33lersguy
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I actually disagree with the Detroit picks . . . I think there's no way Schwartz will take Stafford with the first pick (it's going to be Monroe, Raji, or Curry).

Also, while it's possible that Oher drops to #21, I doubt it.

Other than that and Freeman, I generally agree with you--nice draft.

B.J. Raji #1 overall pick??? Really??

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 03:20 PM
If the Lions do not take Stafford, how far will he fall. Might he slide all the way to the Jets. Will we have another Quinn soap opera.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
If the Lions do not take Stafford, how far will he fall. Might he slide all the way to the Jets. Will we have another Quinn soap opera.

Yep, and aren't we all just looking forward to that?? lol. Let's hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Texasteel
02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Yep, and aren't we all just looking forward to that?? lol. Let's hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

I don't know, I kinda enjoyed watching Quinn sweating all over his brand new vest.

Galax Steeler
02-23-2009, 04:51 AM
I don't know, I kinda enjoyed watching Quinn sweating all over his brand new vest.

Yea,he was getting kind of nervous there wasn't he.:toofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Nice Mock, a really good effort and reasonable with all the picks.

I would love if that is how it panned out. We could have our choice of Mack or William Beatty!!! Beatty is a premier pass protector that bulked up for the combine and put up 27 reps on the bench press, had one of the fastest 40 times and better verticals of all the O linemen.......IMO, Beatty could compete for the RT spot in 2009 and WIN the LT spot in 2010 ! :thumbsup:

We actually have 3 centers on the roster in Hartwig, Stapleon, Legursky and could get an interior lineman in the 3rd round. We then could look to pick Matt Tennant, C, Boston College in 2010. A great LT prospect is much more valuable than a C prospect.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
sorry, duplicate post.

Texasteel
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Nice Mock, a really good effort and reasonable with all the picks.

I would love if that is how it panned out. We could have our choice of Mack or William Beatty!!! Beatty is a premier pass protector that bulked up for the combine and put up 27 reps on the bench press, had one of the fastest 40 times and better verticals of all the O linemen.......IMO, Beatty could compete for the RT spot in 2009 and WIN the LT spot in 2010 ! :thumbsup:

We actually have 3 centers on the roster in Hartwig, Stapleon, Legursky and could get an interior lineman in the 3rd round. We then could look to pick Matt Tennant, C, Boston College in 2010. A great LT prospect is much more valuable than a C prospect.

Several months ago, a few of us, said the one thing we needed most out of this draft was a LT. It looks like Beatty is putting forth a real effort to show that he could be that man. I said before, if we don't get a LT in this draft, we may not find a real one for some time. As much as I love Mack, I will be hoping for Beatty now.

SunshineMan21
02-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Yup . . . I don't think it's probable, but it's a very real possibility that most pundits seem to be ignoring.

steelerbuckeye
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Say it along with me, folks. . .

"With the seventh pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select. . .Darrius Heyward-Bey, wide receiver, Maryland."

steelerdave1969
02-28-2009, 05:57 PM
The Chiefs have just taken care of getting their QB as they have traded for Patriots Matt Cassell and just gave up a 2nd round pick for him.
It wouldnt suprise me at all if the Raiders make the selection of the Maryland reciever.