PDA

View Full Version : browns keeping anderson

devilsdancefloor
02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ed81c3&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Posted 1 day ago25 Comments 8 Recommendations E-mail
Browns willing to keep QB Anderson, express interest in Ward
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- General manager George Kokinis said Friday that the Cleveland Browns are in no hurry to get rid of Derek Anderson and were willing to let Anderson battle Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job.

There has been speculation that the Browns wanted to get rid of Anderson because of his $5 million roster bonus, due next month.

Neither Anderson nor Quinn finished last season because of injuries.

In a separate meeting with reporters from Northeastern Ohio, new Browns coach Eric Mangini expressed interest in Giants running back Derrick Ward. Ward will become a free agent next week.

The 5-foot-11, 228-pound Ward rushed for 1,025 yards for the Giants last season. He will be 29 in August.

So does this mean magina is not impressed with the QB of the future the wsavior quinn?:noidea:

Edman
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh Look. Derrick Ward will be the marquee move the Browns make that will make them the team to beat in the AFC North.

Fire Haley
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd like to believe it's true - but you can't believe anything teams say this time of year. Smoke & Mirrors

They be idiots to start up another QB controversy.....not that that's a bad deal for us.

The ManKok Era is off with a bang, I saw where Mangini said the Browns are willing to let all their 13 unrestricted free agents test the market.

No great loss, I'm sure, but you only got 4 draft picks, dude. Cribbs would be the only guy I'd be interested in.

KeiselPower99
02-22-2009, 02:20 PM
With Ward at RB the are gonna be unstoppable. OMG we are in trouble:rofl:

Big D
02-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm not surprised by this. This isn't the new managements guy.

NEPAsteeler
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh boy... We better watch ourselves... this might be the year they finally beat us... :sofunny: :chuckle: :flap:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Oh boy... We better watch ourselves... this might be the year they finally beat us... :sofunny: :chuckle: :flap:

:rofl::laughing::chuckle::sofunny::toofunny:

Hahahahahah!

Hey Browns fans, ready for another 5 straight years of being swept?!

xfl2001fan
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't get too profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery. All it takes is one serious injury (like to Big Ben) and your team's chances of repeating go downhill fast...especially with all the FA's you have on your O-line.

tony hipchest
02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
dixon and a shitty steelers o-line would still kick the browns ass.

:coffee:

lilyoder6
02-22-2009, 06:58 PM
the browns are complete morons.. they should of just let DA go last yr and got draft picks.... i think the browns are shooting themselves in the foot... and will prob suck major balls next yr