PDA

View Full Version : WR Brian Robiskie Makes Impression

steelerdave1969
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Ohio State Buckeye WR Brian Robiskie makes a great impression at the combines today in my opinion. He just ran a 4.49 40 and he has great hands and great size.
I could see the Steelers selecting this guy, but when would they draft him, my question I guess is what round do you think the Steelers would take a chance on him?
I think maybe 2nd at the highest, but I dont think he will ever make it to our 2nd pick.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Could be a good pick up if we lose Nate the Great.

St33lersguy
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
If he will not fall out of the 2nd round then he should not be considered a draftee by the Steelers. The Steelers need to think OL & DL with the first few picks

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
It all depends on who we sign McFADDEN OR Washingon.

SunshineMan21
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
There's some chance that he'll make it to the third round, but it's tough to think he'll make it to the end of the third round.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Robiske was hyped coming into the draft and is gonna be a solid #2 selection. I dont see it happening here, but who knows.

Texasteel
02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
There's some chance that he'll make it to the third round, but it's tough to think he'll make it to the end of the third round.

I would be real disappointed if they take a WR in the 3rd round unless he was a sure fire, how the hell did this happen, type of a player, but, as it's been said before. Who knows.

lilyoder6
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
he did do a good job... but i was kind of asspecting that since who his dad is.. prob got a lot of tips from him and what not

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
he did do a good job... but i was kind of asspecting that since who his dad is.. prob got a lot of tips from him and what not

Yeah, but his dad was actually the Browns Offensive Coordinator...........some people here might not think that highly of him. :wink:

steelerbuckeye
02-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having Robiskie in Pittsburgh but I think that there are other places that would be better for him.

The first one I can think of would be Cleveland (though I know that's probably not the popular response around here). The reason for this is right now the only half-way reliable WR they have is Braylon Edwards. You have Donte Stallworth (who some call Stallworthless) and Joe Jurevicious who has just been at his wits end the last couple of years and will never be that solid possession receiver that everyone saw in Tampa Bay. I think that if he were to go to Cleveland, he would be a solid #2/3 option for Quinn/Anderson and would really open up a lot more opportunities to spread the ball around rather than just putting the passing game in Winslow or Edwards' hands for the majority of the game. Not to mention he would be another Ohio favorite much like Quinn and would be the big pop of the draft if they don't take Malcolm Jenkins in the first round.

The other really good one that I could think of would be the New York Giants. Now I know everyone is going to say "But they already have Plaxico, Domenik Hixon, Amani Toomer;etc". Here is the reality of that situation: We still have no idea what they plan to do with Plaxico, Amani is well on his way to retirement and they are still trying to properly groom Hixon and have done a solid job so far. Robiskie really reminds me of the kind of receiver Amani was when he arrived there which is that #2-3 option brought in with low expectations but when the time comes to rise to the occasion will do so. Even if Amani doesn't retire, that gives Robiskie some time to be properly groomed into the system and learn under a veteran like Amani.

lilyoder6
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but his dad was actually the Browns Offensive Coordinator...........some people here might not think that highly of him. :wink:

that is true..