PDA

View Full Version : Raiders interested in Kemoeatu?

Stlrs4Life
02-23-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wi...ine_on_sunday/ (http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/11041/20090223/gleanings_from_the_combine_on_sunday/)

--The Raiders continue to make moves that rectify their recent ineptitude. They released safety Gibril Wilson one year into a ridiculously overpriced (thanks to Wilsonís Super Bowl inflation) deal. They are also working on the financial specifics of releasing WR Javon Walker, perhaps the biggest free agent bust of all time. Itís a complex scenario, but look for the Raiders to swing the axe before Walkerís $5M roster bonus is due late next week. As far as who they are looking to sign, Chris Kemoeatu and Reggie Williams appear to be the biggest names. As for Wilson, donít discount a return to the Giants, though the Falcons and Texans will be players

BlastFurnace
02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Not saying if this report is true or not, but anyone who signs with that joke of a franchise deserves anything that comes to them.

Kemo, if he is wanting to leave, could do better than that...even if he went to Cincinnati.

Hapa
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
If they want him, they'll get him with the money they're throwing at people.

Rick5895
02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
If they want him let him go, I am sure the draft will produce an instant starte. can you say Unger!!

Indo
02-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I saw on NFL Network or Sportscenter (I forget which) that they just re-signed Nnamdi Asomugha for 3 years/45 MILLION (!) dollars

AL Davis is Nucking Futs! Has he ever heard about this "new" thing called the Salary Cap? Does he realize that kind of money could go far into building a new team? Sorry, but a cornerback alone ain't gonna get you to the Big Dance.

KeiselPower99
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
If he goes there itll definitley be an offer he cant refuse

MACH1
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I saw on NFL Network or Sportscenter (I forget which) that they just re-signed Nnamdi Asomugha for 3 years/45 MILLION (!) dollars

AL Davis is Nucking Futs! Has he ever heard about this "new" thing called the Salary Cap? Does he realize that kind of money could go far into building a new team? Sorry, but a cornerback alone ain't gonna get you to the Big Dance.

Thats the only way he can bribe them to stay on such a sorry azz team.

lilyoder6
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
yea.. if the raiders want him.. al will def throw a crazy amount of money at him.. so he can't say no

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
can you say Unger!!

Have you actually seen Max Unger play a football game???

I'm just wondering why all the hype when I saw him get dominated by California's Mika Kane this year, then again by some 265 lb D lineman from Oklahoma state named Derek Burton JR. and then again in the Senior Bowl.

Unger could play 4 positions on the O line adequately, but none of them outstanding. Eric Wood or Alex Mack will be better centers and probably better guards in the NFL than Unger. If Kemo goes and we need a guard, I would rather they take Trevor Canfield in the 3rd round than Max Unger at #32.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Congrats to Kemo if this is true. We might get a draft pick as compensation for him next season and we can either plug in Stapleton, Colon or a draft pick at LG this season that will be better than him.

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
GOD PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE ......:bowdown: .....
ps.....please take colon also.....

Galax Steeler
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM

It is funny the way things are starting to take shape right before F.A.

HometownGal
02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Kemo, if he is wanting to leave, could do better than that...even if he went to Cincinnati.

Fear not - Wiz will probably try to grab Kemo first. :chuckle:

I'd really like the Steelers to try to keep Kemo, as I've said all season - I feel strongly that he is a diamond in the rough.

devilsdancefloor
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Fear not - Wiz will probably try to grab Kemo first. :chuckle:

I'd really like the Steelers to try to keep Kemo, as I've said all season - I feel strongly that he is a diamond in the rough.

i beleive that also there where a few games where he was lights out this year and then other games not so grand. but i feel the crypt kepper will offer kemo big money after all he has 2 rings all he needs is show me the money.

Steelman16
02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I too, feel Kemo is a diamond in the rough, and probably wouldn't thrive anywhere outside of Pittsburgh. However, if he wants money, Oakland is the place to get it. Evil Al with throw him some ridiculous contract, only to cut him in 1-2 years.

Oh well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I think that its absolutely hilarious that just about everybody was crucifying this O line all season for the sacks they gave up, said they were "the worst O line ever" and "they are gonna get Ben killed"..........now everybody wants to keep the free agents. :toofunny:

Honestly, I was a supporter of Kemo taking over from Faneca adequately, but he often allowed sacks by not recognizing twists. Blocked like a beast one play and a mouse the next. Kemo cost us a TD in the Super Bowl because of his casual block of Gabe Watson on the QB draw from the 4 yard line.

Let him go, applaud his payday on the open market and cheer the Steelers for attempting to get better instead of settling for mediocre performances by him. Both Simmons and Colon are better guards than Kemo and I can name 7 kids in the draft that will be better guards than he is now. Thanks for the memories. :wave:

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I think that its absolutely hilarious that just about everybody was crucifying this O line all season for the sacks they gave up, said they were "the worst O line ever" and "they are gonna get Ben killed"..........now everybody wants to keep the free agents. :toofunny:

Honestly, I was a supporter of Kemo taking over from Faneca adequately, but he often allowed sacks by not recognizing twists. Blocked like a beast one play and a mouse the next. Kemo cost us a TD in the Super Bowl because of his casual block of Gabe Watson on the QB draw from the 4 yard line.

Let him go, applaud his payday on the open market and cheer the Steelers for attempting to get better instead of settling for mediocre performances by him. Both Simmons and Colon are better guards than Kemo and I can name 7 kids in the draft that will be better guards than he is now. Thanks for the memories. :wave:thats what i'm talkin bout !!! :thumbsup: signing starks to long term deal, is accepting mediocrity, the same as resigning kemo, or colon. :mad: ....does anyone really want to see them take a chance to see if these guys are gonna improve? its not like there rookies.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
thats what i'm talkin bout !!! :thumbsup: signing starks to long term deal, is accepting mediocrity, the same as resigning kemo, or colon. :mad: ....does anyone really want to see them take a chance, to see if these guys are gonna improve? its not like there rookies.

MOP, I agree with you. (Even though I am a Carolina hoops fan since '80 .:mad: ) Acceptance of mediocrity is not necessary. You know my thoughts on Colon and I tell you that he is probably the 25th best RT in the game, but would probably be a top 20 OG in the league if moved inside.

Tender Colon. Try and sign Essex for depth. Let Kemo and Smith go. Tag Starks for 1 more season(dont extend him long term). Draft a tandem like Beatty and Canfield (or Vasquez) in the first 3 rounds and you will see a return to solid O line the Steelers are accustomed to.

GBMelBlount
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Draft a tandem like Beatty and Canfield (or Vasquez) in the first 3 rounds and you will see a return to solid O line the Steelers are accustomed to.

I really like like the idea of two solid O-line picks early.

Stlrs4Life
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Let him go, applaud his payday on the open market and cheer the Steelers for attempting to get better instead of settling for mediocre performances by him. Both Simmons and Colon are better guards than Kemo and I can name 7 kids in the draft that will be better guards than he is now. Thanks for the memories. :wave:

Excellent post, +1 here.

sackmaster56
02-23-2009, 11:47 PM
let him go.... how many drives did he kill with holding calls??? We can draft to replace him. good bye & good luck with the bottom dweller Raiders Kemo.........

Galax Steeler
02-24-2009, 05:03 AM
The Steelers have been "talking aplenty" to free agent OG Chris Kemoeatu about a new contract.
Pittsburgh is right up against the salary cap after Max Starks signed his franchise tender, but Kemoeatu's agent expects talks to "heat up in the next day or two." Kemoeatu started all 16 games at left guard last season.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

lilyoder6
02-24-2009, 08:35 AM
let him go.... how many drives did he kill with holding calls??? We can draft to replace him. good bye & good luck with the bottom dweller Raiders Kemo.........

a lot of players have killed drives b4.. kind of hard just to narrow it down to one

Michael Keller
02-24-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm just wondering why all the hype when I saw him get dominated by California's Mika Kane this year, then again by some 265 lb D lineman from Oklahoma state named Derek Burton JR. and then again in the Senior Bowl.

Unger could play 4 positions on the O line adequately, but none of them outstanding. Eric Wood or Alex Mack will be better centers and probably better guards in the NFL than Unger. If Kemo goes and we need a guard, I would rather they take Trevor Canfield in the 3rd round than Max Unger at #32.

How quickly can Canfield become a starter?

Rick5895
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
I like Unger but he does have his issues, El Gonzo, however I had forgotten about Mack who is a good player as well., In addition the big Guard from OKLA, (whose name escapes me for the moment) would be a good choice as well.
In any event we should let Kemo go if he want to play in the circus known as Raiderland!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
How quickly can Canfield become a starter?

I dont know if its realistic to think he can start midway thru his first season. He has 3.5 years starting experience in the Big East. He played every game since his freshman season, missing only 1 game in 3.5 seasons. Was 2nd team All Big east for 3 years and wieghed in at 6'5" 307lbs at the combine.

Canfield is a big solid guy that plays mean and nasty. Some think he might be able to play RT because of his frame. He got beat in Senior Bowl practice by a DT in a drill and they lined them up to do it again........Canfield just stopped the rusher in his tracks and wrestled him to the ground, then gave him some shoves while on top of the guy. I thought he was gonna start a fight!! Love that attitude for a Steeler lineman!!

Maybe a guy like Canfield can play OG or RT and allow Colon to play a guard spot so he doesnt jump offside and take holding penalties out in space at RT.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I like Unger but he does have his issues, El Gonzo, however I had forgotten about Mack who is a good player as well., In addition the big Guard from OKLA, (whose name escapes me for the moment) would be a good choice as well.
In any event we should let Kemo go if he want to play in the circus known as Raiderland!!

Duke Robinson I like too. He is just a mauler and I think the best OG in the draft. Mayock has been downgrading him because of his lateral quickness, which may be true, but he also had an injury that hampered his movement.

It looks like the Steelers are trying to keep Kemo. I dont understand the concept of spending money to keep an average O line together instead of trying to make it better in the draft or free agency??

revefsreleets
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Kemo won a SB.

Al will sign him to a 15 year, 200 million dollar contract, with 150 mil guaranteed.

steelerdave1969
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM

Good thing the Steelers didnt release OT Max Starks because he aint a Hall of Fame RT huh?....

I wouldnt mind at all seeing Max Unger in a Steelers uniform come '09

The_WARDen
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
If they want him let him go, I am sure the draft will produce an instant starte. can you say Unger!!

You assume that the FO will draft an Olineman...
:noidea:

steelreserve
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Kemo won a SB.

Al will sign him to a 15 year, 200 million dollar contract, with 150 mil guaranteed.

And then cut him 10 games into the first season.

There. I fixed it for you.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I wouldnt mind at all seeing Max Unger in a Steelers uniform come '09
What position would you want to see Max Unger play on the Steelers offensive line???

Have you watched him play in any games this season?? Which ones?? What about his game did you see in those games that impressed you so much?

drizze99
02-25-2009, 09:26 AM

LOL, EXACTLY!!!

:applaudit: