PDA

View Full Version : The Texans and Vikings are close to a trade

lilyoder6
02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
The Texans and Vikings are close to a trade that would send quarterback Sage Rosenfels to Minnesota, possibly for a fourth-round draft pick, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

Seifert: Vikes consider trade

The Texans can't officially trade QB Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings until the new league year opens at the end of this week, but Kevin Seifert has some initial thoughts on the deal. Blog

This is the second consecutive year in which the Vikings have been interested in acquiring Rosenfels, who is near the end of his contract, to be their starting quarterback.

Rosenfels wanted to be traded to the Vikings last season in hopes of starting for a team that has Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor at running back and has led the NFL in run defense for two straight years. At the time, the Vikings reportedly offered a third-round draft choice, but the Texans wanted a second-round pick. Both teams denied an offer was made.

Minnesota already has quarterbacks Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson on its roster and will want to extend Rosenfels' contract if the trade is completed.

The Texans had no comment Monday on the report.

fansince'76
02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
This is the second consecutive year in which the Vikings have been interested in acquiring Rosenfels, who is near the end of his contract, to be their starting quarterback.

Why? He sucks! The guy is a career backup. The Vikes are so close to being a serious contender too. Shame.

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
i bet the viking fans are just giddy as hell, at the thought of rosey leading them to another 8-8 season....:chuckle:

Fire Haley
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
That means the Browns lose another trading partner. Looks like the Bucs are their last hope to unload DA.

devilsdancefloor
02-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Why? He sucks! The guy is a career backup. The Vikes are so close to being a serious contender too. Shame.

have you seen T. Jackson play? Now he is the one who SUCKS lol! gus i'll travel to any team willing to pay me won the starting job!

AllD
02-23-2009, 07:33 PM
How is this news??? Changing the colors of the beer cups at Heinz is a bigger newsflash.

KeiselPower99
02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Minnesota should go after Casey Printers. He was cut by Hamilton in the CFL and no other team up there wants him, Second thought maybe he can go to Cleveland.

fansince'76
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, in all fairness, so are the guys Minnesota already has. So at least they can't do any worse.

True, but why trade at all for something you already have? :noidea:

lilyoder6
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
i am kinda of shocked as well... why not justt wait til draft day and see who is there at certain times of the draft.. i would bet some rookie prospects could be better than sage

AllD
02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Sage completes a high percentage of passes, the problem is the receivers are often wearing the other team;s jersey.

AllD
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage completes a high percentage of passes, the problem is the receivers are often wearing the other team's jersey.

Similar thing happened in the 1980s when the Dolphins traded Sammie Smith to another team for their RB who also has fumblitis.

MasterOfPuppets
02-24-2009, 05:21 PM
why not look into leftwich first? he's better than resenbum.....:doh:

KeiselPower99
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Anyone hear anything about Byron yet? I heard on Mike&Mike this morning that the Jets want Kerry Collins. IF thats so and Sage to the Vikes Byrons opportunites are shrinking.

St33lersguy
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Why Sage Rosensuck. Why not looking at abetter QB. They need another QB. Travaris is as bad as Mark Malone and Bubby Brister were back in the day, and Rosenfeld along with Gus Ferotte are career backups. None of these guys are championship material

lilyoder6
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
i think the vikings could find a better qb in the draft

steelerdave1969
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, in all fairness, so are the guys Minnesota already has. So at least they can't do any worse.

Yeh, but the guys they already have are not costing them atleast a 3rd round draft pick ya know what I mean?... I think the Vikings are better off staying right where they are in the draft or move up a little and get someone like Matthew Stafford who I think is going to drop a little ways in the upcoming draft after his combine workouts.

steelax04
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
True, but why trade at all for something you already have? :noidea:

Maybe [2 x career backups = 1 starter] :noidea:

Justano
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Minnesota Vikings officially completed a trade with the Houston Texans to acquire Sage Rosenfels by reaching a two-year contract extension with the quarterback on Friday.

According to a source, Rosenfels agreed to a two-year, $9 million extension with the Vikings, who gave up a fourth-round draft choice to acquire him. Rosenfels had one year remaining on his deal with the Texans that would have paid him $1.35 million.

He flew to Minnesota on Thursday and was scheduled to undergo a physical Friday morning.

Rosenfels is expected to compete with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting role in Minnesota. The Vikings have been trying to acquire Rosenfels for more than a year.

The Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939155)

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Minnesota Vikings officially completed a trade with the Houston Texans to acquire Sage Rosenfels by reaching a two-year contract extension with the quarterback on Friday.

According to a source, Rosenfels agreed to a two-year, $9 million extension with the Vikings, who gave up two cases of jock straps, to acquire him. Rosenfels had one year remaining on his deal with the Texans that would have paid him $1.35 million.

He flew to Minnesota on Thursday and was scheduled to undergo a physical Friday morning.

Rosenfels is expected to compete with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting role in Minnesota. The Vikings have been trying to acquire Rosenfels for more than a year.

The Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939155):toofunny:

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
According to a source, Rosenfels agreed to a two-year, $9 million extension with the Vikings, who gave up a fourth-round draft choice to acquire him. Rosenfels had one year remaining on his deal with the Texans that would have paid him $1.35 million.

A 4th round draft choice , wow. Randy Moss was a 4th round draft choice.

Sharkissle29
02-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I think its a good move by the vikings to be honest. rosenfels has some potential

XxKnightxX
02-27-2009, 12:39 PM
People havent noticed that when Schaub gets hurt every year, rosenfels fills in without missing a click. Mix him with one of the best running games, a stout defense, and a hell of a better o line than the texans have and he can do some damage.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
as long as sage can compete a pass and not turn the ball over.. he should be fine with such a great running game and a great defense