PDA

View Full Version : RICH EISEN'S TAKE!

DONNIE BRASCO
02-23-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ebb5db

AllD
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Rich has a point, but it is just to promote more controversy. And as he said, BB is just fine with Holmes receiving the credit. I think Harrison saved the game in the first half. In addidtion, it has not been mentioned that the Steelers had the final scoring drive at the end of each half which helped them to strategically win the game.

steelfanman
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
If Big Ben had won the MVP, Rich would have done exactly the same take only the names would have been switched. I think it is that even as to who was the MVP of the game.

I can't argue with the points he makes, but I wouldn't argue with him if it were the other way around either. No way they win with just one of them on the field.

I personally thought after the game that Ben should have gotten the MVP, until I watched NFL Films highlights. I think it is something special that Tone walked into the huddle, asked Ben to get him the ball, and tell his team that HE wanted to be the one they could lean on to win the game. And the fact that Hines and Tone's friends and family were all telling him before the game that he was going to be the MVP and that the Super Bowl would turn him into a star. To say all that, and have to play with those expectations, then go out and do it.....that sold me that he deserved the MVP.

devilsdancefloor
02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
ben knows he wil be MVP next year :tt03::tt03::wink02:

Steelers & I
02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
It's just his opinion, he's entitled to it you know. It's not like he's a Judge telling a defendant that he should have been found not guilty by reason of a technicality.
I fail to see the controversy, there's no right or wrong selection whether it would have been Roethlisberger, Harrison, or Holmes who was named the Super Bowl MVP.

Once again, why call it a controversy? :noidea::noidea::noidea: