PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth will be a Washington Redskin

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Albert Haynesworth will be a Washington Redskin
The Z Report
A sports blog with Lance Zierlein

Remember back on December 23rd when I told you guys that Scott Pioli would be the GM for the Kansas City Chiefs before anyone had it? I got it from a very well-connected league source. That source is talking (actually texting) again.

This time around he tells me that the Washington Redskins will break the bank to sign Albert Haynesworth. The Titans could come over the top of the Redskins deal as well, but my guess is that the Redskins will let Haynesworth get the best offer possible from the Titans and then "better deal" it.

My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants. As a Texan fan, I would really be devastated to see Haynesworth leave the division ... only, no I wouldn't. Beat it, Haynesworth.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

XxKnightxX
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
wow, and there she blows, he will be overpaid, he will get all his weight back and become sluggish and then play 16 games a year for the rest of his career.

Fire Haley
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
don't believe all you read - it's smoke&mirrors time

Redskins | Unlikely to sign Haynesworth
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:48:56 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of The Washington Post, reports many people inside the Washington Redskins organization say they would be surprised if the team signed Tennessee Titans impending free-agent DL Albert Haynesworth, even though owner Daniel Snyder did meet with Haynesworth's agent during the NFL Scouting Combine. Signing Haynesworth would leave the team with other holes they could not fill.

steelreserve
02-24-2009, 03:12 PM
don't believe all you read - it's smoke&mirrors time

Redskins | Unlikely to sign Haynesworth
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:48:56 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of The Washington Post, reports many people inside the Washington Redskins organization say they would be surprised if the team signed Tennessee Titans impending free-agent DL Albert Haynesworth, even though owner Daniel Snyder did meet with Haynesworth's agent during the NFL Scouting Combine. Signing Haynesworth would leave the team with other holes they could not fill.

So? When has that ever stopped them before? That's kind of the basic idea behind hte salary cap, but they've ignored it every year anyway. Tell me the Redskins aren't going to overpay a big-name free-agent, and I'll believe it when I see it.

fansince'76
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Remember back on December 23rd when I told you guys that Scott Pioli would be the GM for the Kansas City Chiefs before anyone had it? I got it from a very well-connected league source. That source is talking (actually texting) again. This time around he tells me that the Washington Redskins will break the bank to sign Albert Haynesworth.

Sorry, but it doesn't take any special "insider information" to predict Snyder massively overpaying for a name free agent. You could set your watch by it - it happens every year around this time like clockwork. Followed in very short order by the annual handwringing by many a Steelers fan claiming that "the Rooneys are cheap" and "we never do nothing in FA" in response to it. :coffee:

Fire Haley
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry - I don't pay any attention to the rumor mills, especially this time of year.

lilyoder6
02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
i think that the biggest player for haynesworth outside of the titans would be the colts

HometownGal
02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry - I don't pay any attention to the rumor mills, especially this time of year.

Me either and unless it's the Steelers doing the dealing, I really could give two sharts. (Thanks anyway, LLT, for posting it! :drink:)

NJarhead
02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Haynesworth and Griffin on the same interior??? That'd be a scarey scenario! Griff doesn't get much attention, but he's a bad-ass in his own right.

silver & black
02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Albert Haynesworth will be a Washington Redskin
The Z Report
A sports blog with Lance Zierlein

Remember back on December 23rd when I told you guys that Scott Pioli would be the GM for the Kansas City Chiefs before anyone had it? I got it from a very well-connected league source. That source is talking (actually texting) again.

This time around he tells me that the Washington Redskins will break the bank to sign Albert Haynesworth. The Titans could come over the top of the Redskins deal as well, but my guess is that the Redskins will let Haynesworth get the best offer possible from the Titans and then "better deal" it.

My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants. As a Texan fan, I would really be devastated to see Haynesworth leave the division ... only, no I wouldn't. Beat it, Haynesworth.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

LOL! And you were saying what about Al Davis? :rofl:

HometownGal
02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL! And you were saying what about Al Davis? :rofl:

That he's a mangy, miserable, conniving, weasly old coot who should have dropped his teeth in the Polident, tossed those leisure suits in the back of his closet and soaked his greasy, overinflated head in the toilet years ago. :chuckle::flap::wink02:

silver & black
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
That he's a mangy, miserable, conniving, weasly old coot who should have dropped his teeth in the Polident, tossed those leisure suits in the back of his closet and soaked his greasy, overinflated head in the toilet years ago. :chuckle::flap::wink02:

Hmmm... I have to agree with you. :wink02:

revefsreleets
02-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Hmmmm...maybe the Redskins will win one more game this year because of this (if it happens). Since they are mediocre regardless (you can't buy championships in team sports), maybe they win 9 games next year? 8 games? 10 games?

They'll lose in the 1st round of the playoffs anyway.

devilsdancefloor
02-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Snyder is a idiot! but he will definately throw big many his way!

KeiselPower99
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Who cares. If they wanna throw money at someone they will have to cut in 2 years for salary cap reasons let them.

SunshineMan21
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Snyder has no idea what he's doing . . . trying to deal Carlos Rogers while signing Haynesworth to an enormous deal? What exactly do the Redskins think will happen when their O-line collectively retires?

MasterOfPuppets
02-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Who cares. If they wanna throw money at someone they will have to cut in 2 years for salary cap reasons let them.
the deadskins are barely under the cap as it is now. from what i've read, thier already trying to get randel el, and others to restructer thier deals. they'd cut el now but it would cost em more under the cap to cut him, than to keep him

tony hipchest
02-24-2009, 11:20 PM
the deadskins are barely under the cap as it is now. from what i've read, thier already trying to get randel el, and others to restructer thier deals. they'd cut el now but it would cost em more under the cap to cut him, than to keep himappearantly el has already been dealt with.

the patriots have about 30 players contracts that expire after '09

the cowboys are set to be at $140 mil cap for '10

al davis is just plain nuts.

its appearant that certain owners are hellbent on ensuring there is no labor agreement for the shot of purchasing a ring.

the ultimate cost may be the rest of the [reasonable] owners locking out. :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
02-24-2009, 11:56 PM
The Washington Post is reporting that defensive end Andre Carter and receiver Antwaan Randle El have restructured their contracts to free up some much need cap space. The paper is reporting that the Redskins were $5-$7 million over the salary cap heading into free agency. Carter and Randle El had deals set to expire after the 2012 season, but the new deals will go through 2015 and saves the club more than $4 million in salary cap space.

The Post is also reporting that the Redskins released punter Ryan Plackemeier on Thursday.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/12/carter-randel-el-restructure-contracts/

ok....so now they're still over the cap....so how do they make hainsworth the highest paid tackle in the league? answer - they don't.....:coffee:

Galax Steeler
02-25-2009, 03:48 AM
I would not be surprised to see snyder go after him he seems to do this every year.

rbryan
02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
An even better prediction is that whoever breaks the bank for Haynesworth will regret it and end up cutting him within two years.

Once he gets paid thats the last you'll see the effort that got him paid. He'll eat himself out of the league altogether within 3 years.

lilyoder6
02-25-2009, 08:16 AM
the last 2 yrs that haynesworth been playing was on a 1 yr deal..

b/c b4 hand we was not so dominant when he had more than 1 yr left

rbryan
02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I guess all is foregiven for the incident when he stepped on the guys head after his helmet came off (forget his name)

I honestly wouldn't want this guy, even for the hometown discount....lol