PDA

View Full Version : To all the FAs and those still on the roster...

stlrtruck
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
First to all the Free Agents who leave the Steelers:

Thank you for your years of service and dedication to the Steelers organization and Steelers Nation. While you find yourself on the way out either because you'll find a better paycheck on another team or the Steelers can no longer afford to pay your salary and keep the team compettive, it still saddens me a little to think that the price of this kid's game has become the epitomy of competition. It's no longer about winning championships. So with that, SEE YA! The Steelers organization will find your replacement, he will understand, he will be better, and while you drudge through 17 weeks of the regular season - I hope you look back in January and wonder, "Was it worth the extra money to be sitting at home instead of playing for a championship?"

Second, to all the Free Agents who will arrive to the Steelers:

Welcome to Steelers Nation. We don't care where you came from and we don't care what you did there. What we care about is winning - not just games, but championships! We don't want excuses, we want execution. We don't want pettiness, we want competition! You are here to either compete for a position or replace someone who left for more money (or couldn't be signed). Your job is to set the standard a little higher than it was before you got here. Don't screw up or we'll drive you out of town quicker than you got here. And yes, you really do have a chance to win a Super Bowl with this team!

Finally, to all the players that remain on the roster:

Four years ago some of you where on the 8-8 Cowher led team that lacked desired and determination the year after the Super Bowl. While there were some circumstances off the field, your performance on the field left a lot to be desired - especially from the fans (posts on this forum would back me up on that)! You've got another opportunity to right the ship. We expect you to do that! Some call the patriots* the team of the decade. You have a chance to erase the ugliness that they brought to the league. You have an opportunity for your own greatness! It is up to you to TAKE IT! Coach Tomlin has been here for two years now and you should know him much better. You should know that he's not retiring any time soon. Remember his words, "Every year we don't win the championship is a disappointment!" DO NOT disappoint us!

To all of you who will be a Steeler in 2009: We are Steelers Nation, we support you top to bottom on every play. While we call for the hanging of a few coaches and sometimes players, we only get that way because we know your potential!

Steelers 2009: We are destined for GREATNESS!!!

drew102e
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
nice, i concur

KeiselPower99
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Very nice. I think Cowher would have resigned after the 05 season had we not won the Super Bowl.

noto45
02-24-2009, 07:48 PM
wow nice words

Galax Steeler
02-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Nicely said.:applaudit:

Cordlisberger
02-25-2009, 07:47 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

steelerdave1969
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I will 2nd that notion and welcome to Steeler Nation and thank you for your time and good luck whereever you may land on your happy trails..
:tt03:

BlastFurnace
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
The one thing about the NFL that really sucks is that on February 1, you're winning a Championship.

By February 28, your on another team.

It's today's NFL, and I wish Nate and BMAC the best, but it still sucks.