PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl DVD

noto45
02-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I just watched the superbowl dvd I got today. Makes me be proud to be a steeler fan

WOW what a season

Big7BenHOF
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm still waiting to receive mine in the mail...

PisnNapalm
02-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I'll be getting mine in a few weeks probably, if I can wait that long. I ordered the SI super bowl package and the dvd is part of that deal.

Pittsburghfan
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Got mine today and watched it. Wow great season and great DVD. All fans get it!

noto45
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
i agree a must buy!!!

StainlessStill
02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Just finished watchin' it myself. There are REALLY no words to explain it, other than WOW. Pick it up, watch it, and try to explain it without getting teary eyed.

Note: In the extras, The Steelers Nation segment is DEAD ON, perfectly stated and hits every aspect of a Steelers' fan.

Galax Steeler
02-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Hopefully I will have mine before long.

XxKnightxX
02-25-2009, 07:49 PM
I ordered the Bly Ray one so I have to wait until next week, but from what you guys are saying, then damn I might look around and get the regular version lol.

WWIIOwheelz
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I watched the one from XL so many times it was ridiculous. I'm sure this one will be no different..... can't wait to see it!

Benzbrother
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
picked up a copy today and watched it....frieken sweet. Got chills like every 15 seconds haha

Definitely a must-have for any Steeler fan

The Duke
02-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Just finished watching it for the 1st time

amazing job

still have to watch the extras though....

Galax Steeler
02-26-2009, 04:21 AM
I ordered the Bly Ray one so I have to wait until next week, but from what you guys are saying, then damn I might look around and get the regular version lol.

What is the difference between the Bly Ray and the regular one.

stillers4me
02-26-2009, 05:41 AM
I should have mine by this weekend. I ordered it on amazon.com for $16.99 and I think the Bly Ray (LOL) is only $24.99.

KeiselPower99
02-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Im looking for it and cant find it so far. That and the Dead Like Me movie. Damn area I live in. Guess Ill break down and order em online.

SteelCityKing
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
i bought mine at midnight at Walmart. there was a HUGE line for it too. i was surprised. but i sat down and watched it the following day and i must say...awesome! it was like watching those games for the first time and i was getting all excited. talking about it makes me want to watch it again! haha!

the highlight of the dvd was the special feature on Steeler Nation. it was basically talking about all of the people on SteelersFever.com. haha! it was really cool and very funny.

"when does one become a Steeler fan?"

"basically, then the sperm hits the egg."

haha! that's a classic.

(not verbatum quote...but close enough!)

Benzbrother
02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
i bought mine at midnight at Walmart. there was a HUGE line for it too. i was surprised. but i sat down and watched it the following day and i must say...awesome! it was like watching those games for the first time and i was getting all excited. talking about it makes me want to watch it again! haha!

the highlight of the dvd was the special feature on Steeler Nation. it was basically talking about all of the people on SteelersFever.com. haha! it was really cool and very funny.

"when does one become a Steeler fan?"

"basically, then the sperm hits the egg."

haha! that's a classic.

(not verbatum quote...but close enough!)

lol that's great. I haven't had a chance to watch the extras yet because my dvd player at school wont let me select anything but to play the main video. I guess I'll have to wait a few days when I can get home and watch all the good stuff!

stillers4me
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I got it! It's my hot little hands....$16.99 from amazon.com!

draejr
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Just watched the Blu-Ray version - awesome....

I'm not sure if the regular DVD has it, but the Blu-Ray has the 4th quarter of the Dallas game broadcast in HD - it looks awesome!!!! Hopefully they'll release all 3 playoff games on Blu-Ray (broadcast in HD).

I didn't watch the other extras, I'll get to them tomorrow night.

Dodt
03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
does anybody know if there will be a playoff game dvd set?

draejr
03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
does anybody know if there will be a playoff game dvd set?

Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring 'NFL: Road to Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4479)' to Blu-ray on June 2nd, day-and-date with the DVD release. This four-disc set will feature the Super Bowl and the three games leading up to it. Technical specs have not been announced at this time.

Special features have also not been detailed at this time, but the disc-by-disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc 1: Week 15 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens
Disc 2: AFC Divisional Playoffs San Diego Chargers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Disc 3: AFC Championship Game Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Disc 4: Super Bowl XLIII Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

SMR
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
What is the difference between the Bly Ray and the regular one.

The blu ray is much more clearer and sharper as far as definition goes (hence the name HIGH definition). The colors are more vibrant and richer and the clarity is strong! It feels as if you are right there on the field with the players! I really dig my blu ray.
:tt02:

beSteelmyheart
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Can anyone tell me if this one is ok to buy?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10884626#About+the+Movie

Cheppy
03-08-2009, 07:35 AM
The blu ray is much more clearer and sharper as far as definition goes (hence the name HIGH definition). The colors are more vibrant and richer and the clarity is strong! It feels as if you are right there on the field with the players! I really dig my blu ray.
:tt02:

And it includes the 4th quarter of their game against the Cowboys. (the dvd doesn't)

Galax Steeler
04-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Did anyone notice in the Afc championship game. That Ray Lewis and Big Ben gave each other a hug before the game. I was surprised.