PDA

View Full Version : NY Giants Want WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

steelerdave1969
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Wideout T.J. Houshmandzadeh of the Bengals is the top free agent on the New York Giants' wish list, according to The Sporting News.
http://news.cincinnati.com/graphics/adlabel_horz.gif

The NFL's free agency period begins Friday, when teams will start combing the market for players essential to their 2009 season.
While Houshmandzadeh is a reliable receiver, TSN noted, "there is no way to find a comparable replacement to Plaxico Burress, as 6-5 receivers with speed and a huge wingspan are almost impossible to find. Burress faces a serious legal battle and possible jail time as a result of illegal gun charges."
Houshmandzadeh also is reportedly coveted by the Eagles, Ravens, Titans, 49ers, Dolphins and Seahawks.

I really think that TJ makes good sense for the Giants myself and wouldnt mind at all seeing him out of the AFC North..

revefsreleets
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
TJ leaving exposes CJ as a fraud. Not sure how TJ fares but this will kill the Bungles...

fansince'76
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
That would be a good signing for the Giants.

Stlrs4Life
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
That would be a good sign by the Giants.

Stlrs4Life
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
That would be a good signing for the Giants.

You owe me a soda!:sofunny:

NJarhead
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
T.J would more replace Toomer. They're not sure what's going on with Plax yet. Housyermama would join Steve Smith, Dominik Hixon, Mario Manningham and Kevin Boss. All no-names, but with lots of talent.

NJarhead
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
TJ leaving exposes CJ as a fraud. Not sure how TJ fares but this will kill the Bungles...

:chuckle: Sadly, that's already been done. T.J. was always the better WR.

revefsreleets
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
But CJ will now have nowhere to hide.

steelerbuckeye
02-25-2009, 06:33 PM
TJ is going to get a huge reality check the second he leaves Cincy.

KeiselPower99
02-25-2009, 06:34 PM
T.J is a great wr and Ill be happy to see him out the door.

Galax Steeler
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Imagine what there passing game will look like now without T J .Chad Johnson and Chris Henry that is there cream of the crop.:rofl:

lilyoder6
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
the giants rly need a main wr for that off and esp with toomer not returning.. i would be happy 2 see him leave the division...

the once great offense of the bengals is now crumbling hahaha

vasteeler
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
TJ is going to get a huge reality check the second he leaves Cincy.

meaning??

stlrtruck
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Wouldn't this be considered tampering? I mean if the team comes out before the FA signing period begins and says YES we want that player, the player knows he's going to get a better check and can hold the other team hostage...what the freak?

lilyoder6
02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
a lot of teams come out and said they are interested in other players

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Call me crazy, but I think it'll be the other way around...I think TJ leaving will be a wake up call to TJ, not 85. CJ is as big a douche as anyone, but he is good and if you don't get in his face (like the Steelers do) he'll make explosive play after explosive play.

I think TJ is a #2, a very good #2, but he's a Welker type. Put him in the slot and watch him catch 70+ balls a year, but don't expect Moss or TO or Holmes type big-plays.

Justano
02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said he is interested in a host of teams.

On ESPN's "NFL Live," Houshmandzadeh mentioned the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings as possible destinations.

"If I can play with Adrian Peterson, can you imagine what I would do getting one-on-one coverage?" Houshmandzadeh said. "I'm going to win 98.6 percent of the time with one-on-one coverage with him in the backfield."

Houshmandzadeh also said his agent talked with the Cincinnati Bengals as well.

In another note, ESPN's John Clayton reports that free agent center Jason Brown, formerly of the Baltimore Ravens, plans to visit the St. Louis Rams.

The Article Click Here (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-151/T-J--interested-in-several-teams.html)

XxKnightxX
02-27-2009, 12:23 PM
yea one on one against corners but 9 on 1 with the defense devouring the quarterback that cant make reads. Lets hope rosenfels lifts that team up.

Sharkissle29
02-27-2009, 01:32 PM

Free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said he is interested in a host of teams.

On ESPN's "NFL Live," Houshmandzadeh mentioned the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings as possible destinations.

"If I can play with Adrian Peterson, can you imagine what I would do getting one-on-one coverage?" Houshmandzadeh said. "I'm going to win 98.6 percent of the time with one-on-one coverage with him in the backfield."

Houshmandzadeh also said his agent talked with the Cincinnati Bengals as well.

In another note, ESPN's John Clayton reports that free agent center Jason Brown, formerly of the Baltimore Ravens, plans to visit the St. Louis Rams.

The Article Click Here (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-151/T-J--interested-in-several-teams.html)

TJ dont flatter yourself....you're not that good

Justano
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM

ESPN's John Clayton just provided an interesting nugget on new free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer has been "bugging" Houshmandzadeh all day, according to Clayton, telling the former Pro Bowl receiver not to ignore his former team in free agency. It is unknown if this will influence Houshmandzadeh's decision, but it couldn't hurt when your former quarterback is doing heavy recruiting.

Houshmandzadeh certainly will have no shortage of interest. Earlier this week, the AFC North blog listed the top eight suitors.

Stay tuned.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-150/Palmer-bugging-T-J-.html

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
dude, theres gonna be hundereds of articles on free agent signings. lets try to keep them in the appropriate thread and related topic.

for instance this topic woulda fit in real nicely in the houshamandzadeh thread.

and starting 2 threads on bart scott was really redundant.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
dude, theres gonna be hundereds of articles on free agent signings. lets try to keep them in the appropriate thread and related topic.

for instance this topic woulda fit in real nicely in the houshamandzadeh thread.

and starting 2 threads on bart scott was really redundant.

:o

tony

but no shit palmer is bugging t.j 2 come back.. b/c then palmer would have no 1 to throw the ball to except for maybe 85 if he stays and plays.. and chris henry