PDA

View Full Version : Where getting healthy!

clevestinks
01-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Steelers Notebook: In good health at right time
Friday, January 06, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Unlike last year, when they entered the playoffs with four different starters from the season opener, the Steelers will go into their playoff game Sunday in Cincinnati with the same starting lineup they had Sept. 11 against Tennessee.

"We are about as healthy as we have been all year going into the game," coach Bill Cowher said.

The Steelers' weekly injury report included no starter who is any worse than probable, which means there is a 75 percent chance he will play. Backup defensive end Travis Kirschke (back) in the only player who is questionable, and he returned to practice yesterday

Special-teams co-captain Sean Morey (calf) was added to the injury report yesterday and listed as probable after missing practice, but Morey said he will play against the Bengals. Reserve linebacker Andre Frazier (hamstring) was upgraded from questionable to probable

clevestinks
01-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I think we`ve all been talking about this recently. If not for all the key injuries, Ben, earlier this season, we might not have had to win out to reach the playoffs? Maybe we are a better team than a sixth seed? We could conceivably pull this off, the all road games thru the playoffs!

If your going to play on the road! You better have a BUS!

Avoid Lloyd
01-06-2006, 11:51 AM
I think we`ve all been talking about this recently. If not for all the key injuries, Ben, earlier this season, we might not have had to win out to reach the playoffs? Maybe we are a better team than a sixth seed? We could conceivably pull this off, the all road games thru the playoffs!

If your going to play on the road! You better have a BUS!

It's possible, but sadly it's not very likely. I know we can beat the Bengals, Jags, and Denver. The Patsies and Colts scare me though....

Prosdo
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Glad we are getting healthy at the right time. We need all our guys ready to go.

JustaFan
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
It's possible, but sadly it's not very likely. I know we can beat the Bengals, Jags, and Denver. The Patsies and Colts scare me though....
Denver will most likely take care of the Pats, provided Jacksonville doesn't beat them first. The Steelers just need to focus on the bungals right now so we can look at Indy next week.
This is game one of a four week road trip.

SteelCityMan786
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Good to see we're getting healthy.

clevestinks
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Steelers Fans are more positive than that! Never Say Die!

Avoid Lloyd
01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Hell I'm being positive, but I'm NOT a homer. We can beat em, but those two teams scare me.

Anyway, back on topic, the luck we've had with injuries has been pretty damn good. Especially with the way things are working out now.

TasmanianTroy271
01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
And think, we only have 1 player on IR. I wonder what the League Average for # of players on IR is. I'm sure it's alot more than 1. Anyways, whats u with Frazier always being out with a Hamstring? kinda like what happenend in the beginning of the year with McFadden, wasn't he always out for unknown reasons?

augustashark
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
The main thing I see here with being healthy is this:

2001-Bettis is happered with a bad groin (remember taking that shot that hit a nerve and he missed the afc chmpshp)!

2004-Staley missed that last quarter of the season with a bad hammy and was no where near 100%!

2005-All rb's are healthy 1st time since 02 but we had Amos running then!

I think with having all rb's healthy and Ben being (we think) close to 100% makes us healthier and stronger than the last 3 times going into the playoffs.

Go Steelers. :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2006, 11:45 PM
We usually seem to get healthy at the right time of the year, which is good considering our unhealthiness is what got us to be the 6th seed in the first place!

clevestinks
01-07-2006, 03:47 AM
We usually seem to get healthy at the right time of the year, which is good considering our unhealthiness is what got us to be the 6th seed in the first place!
EXACTLY! And health is a big part of the equation heading towards the playoffs, for every team