PDA

View Full Version : Warner likely to enter free agency

Justano
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
After an all-day negotiating session at the Arizona Cardinals complex Kurt Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, couldn't reach an agreement.

Barring a last minute phone call, Warner will become a free agent at midnight Thursday.

Bartelstein boarded a flight Thursday evening for his home in the Chicago area, but he said he would keep in contact with the Cardinals.

Warner is hoping to land a contract around in the range of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL -- $14 million to $16 million a year. He wants a two-year deal.

The Cardinals have offered $10 million to $12 million.

Talks have been amiable. Warner said he will retire if he doesn't play for the Cardinals.

John Clayton is senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3937992

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I will be the first to call Warner a fraud if he joins another team. After all this " i love this team" " these are a special group of guys" yadda yadda yadda . He better not leave AZ or he is pretty much saying that he fed the public a bunch of BS in his media interviews.

Petesburgh66
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I will be the first to call Warner a fraud if he joins another team. After all this " i love this team" " these are a special group of guys" yadda yadda yadda . He better not leave AZ or he is pretty much saying that he fed the public a bunch of BS in his media interviews.

I will be second to call him a fraud as well if he jumps ship.

XxKnightxX
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
He will jump ship trust me, He loves to LIVE THERE, and he loves the city but, it doesnt mean he wants to work there, too many teams are in need of a Quaterback and I can see the Bucs sniffing in or possibly the niners.

steelreserve
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Warner is hoping to land a contract around in the range of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL -- $14 million to $16 million a year.

Yeah, good luck getting more than $5 million anywhere else, where you aren't a lucky fit for a lucky system.

NEPAsteeler
02-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I guess the Cards are offering less than what Warner feel he's worth. So much for just playing for the love of the game. :noidea:

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
warner is a moron.. the man is 37 and i think he did benefit nicely with boldin, fitz, and breaston

Steeler in Carolina
02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
There are a lot of QB's who would be Pro Bowlers with Fitz and Boldin.

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey - its not cheap getting the hair and nails done every other day - I'm sure Brenda is already counting the green. :chuckle:

I'd be shocked if Warner left the Cards but as always - money talks and bullshit walks. He had a great season with the Cards but I don't think he is worth $14-16 mil. I can guarantee that if he leaves AZ, he will never have as great a receiver as he had in Fitz.