PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth Being signed helps Steelers...

Justano
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
The road back to a second title for the Pittsburgh Steelers just got a little easier in the AFC.

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth going to the Washington Redskins, which cost $100 million, is a huge loss for the Tennessee Titans. The Titans are one of four teams to beat Pittsburgh last year and are on the Steelers' 2009 schedule.

Tennessee finished with the best record in the AFC last year and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Minus Haynesworth, it's a good chance the road to the Super Bowl will not go through Tennessee next season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-152/Haynesworth-signing-helps-Steelers.html

Steelman16
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't see how it helps much. He didn't even play when we played them.

He's just a fat lard that make a fat wad.

steelreserve
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, and it also clears $100 million in "stupid money" out of the marketplace. Despite what everyone says about inflating contracts, all the teams throwing money away early on may actually help us later when it comes to keeping guys like, say, Essex, or picking up one of the remaining mid-level FA players in a few weeks.

fansince'76
02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Haynesworth Being signed helps Steelers

Yeah, OK. Who will the defending champs be come opening day 2009 again? The only reason these chumps beat us this year was because we had just spent the month leading up to that game going through an absolute meat grinder of a schedule while they were beating up on teams like Cleveland and Detroit. :coffee:

Petesburgh66
02-27-2009, 01:20 PM
The Haynesworth signing indirectly hurts the Steelers. If fat Albert is worth that much, how much is the NFL defensive player of the year (James Harrison) worth? Stupid signings like this inflate the market.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM
it is what it is..

but the redskins d-line is lloking pretty good, kinda of

with haynesworth and ason taylor on one side... that would be nice

Milkman
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
The Haynesworth signing indirectly hurts the Steelers. If fat Albert is worth that much, how much is the NFL defensive player of the year (James Harrison) worth? Stupid signings like this inflate the market.

I'm trying not to think about this...:doh:

steelreserve
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM

He's probably worth $12-$15 million a year -- to the Raiders and the Redskins.

Unfortunately, they've spent all their money now, and they're the only ones dumb enough to give out contracts like that. Harrison won't get that kind of offer from a regular team.

NEPAsteeler
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah, OK. Who will the defending champs be come opening day 2009 again? The only reason these chumps beat us this year was because we had just spent the month leading up to that game going through an absolute meat grinder of a schedule while they were beating up on teams like Cleveland and Detroit. :coffee:

Let them enjoy it. I want them to come to the 'burgh on that opening game and watch celebrate our 6th title. They'll get what's due to them.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Speaking Of The Titans They Just GOt Kerry COllins BAck!

rich4eagle
02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I do not see much help in the Redskins signing Haynesworth.......what I see is Dan Snyder continuing being a buffoon wrecking a great francihse which will continue as long is this idiot runs the redskins

BlastFurnace
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Haynsworth and Scott's signing are not helping the Steelers. Harrison's price is going up by the minute.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Yep Believe Me Its Time TO Say Bye Bye To HArrison!

iceman000123
02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Speaking Of The Titans They Just GOt Kerry COllins BAck!

A wise move for them i must say.

steelerfan4eva
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM

I had this exact same thought when i saw that haynesworth had signed...