PDA

View Full Version : Micael Oher

SunshineMan21
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
What's everyone's opinion on LT Michael Oher?

He ended his senior year as the possible #1 draft choice, but with a middling combine performance and a strong T class some analysts have projected him to slide into the late 1st/early 2nd round.

I would be ecstatic if we snagged Oher. There were some concerns about his drive, but he grew up fast in abject poverty, and by all accounts he's not lacking in character.

As a player he has excellent technique at LT. His strength is mediocre (22 reps at 225), but he's apparently a very solid pass protector and could end up being the draft's top O-lineman when all is said and done.

I'm almost afraid to hope for Oher, but it's becoming a more and more realistic scenario. :tt:

MDSteel15
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Bring it on! He had to be rated #1 for a reason... if he falls to us, it'd be a coup-de-grace!!!

SteelMember
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
He may go top 10. Top 20 for sure.

St33lersguy
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I would be soooooo exstatic to see Oher slip to Steeltown. He'll be gone though. If the steelers pass on this guy then us fans should give up all hopes of the Steelers ever improving the s*** OL of the present

Texasteel
02-27-2009, 05:27 PM
What's everyone's opinion on LT Michael Oher?

He ended his senior year as the possible #1 draft choice, but with a middling combine performance and a strong T class some analysts have projected him to slide into the late 1st/early 2nd round.
I would be ecstatic if we snagged Oher. There were some concerns about his drive, but he grew up fast in abject poverty, and by all accounts he's not lacking in character.

As a player he has excellent technique at LT. His strength is mediocre (22 reps at 225), but he's apparently a very solid pass protector and could end up being the draft's top O-lineman when all is said and done.

I'm almost afraid to hope for Oher, but it's becoming a more and more realistic scenario. :tt:

Who ever these analysts are, I wouldn't bother reading them any more.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont see Oher getting past #20. So if he does slip, we will have to trade up to get him and I really dont know if that is gonna happen. He is inconsistent at times, is not as strong of a run blocker as the other 3 OT's. Basically, I think Smith and Monroe are more polished than Oher.

But.....watching Oher move in the combine drills, the O-lineman mirror drill, cross block drill, kicks step drill, etc. I had to rewind the mirror drill to watch him do it again........WOW !!!!!! Oher moved at the combine like a power forward in basketball. He naturally bends his knees and keeps his head up. He is just a gifted athlete. I would trade up to #19 and take him if we could!!!!