PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign Kemo

Steelers Since '75
02-27-2009, 08:47 AM
While most of the attention has focused on Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, the Jets have made an offer to Steelers G Chris Kemoeatu, according to a league source. The offer is believed to be at least $4 million-per-year.

They're targeting the massive Kemoeatu (6-3, 344) as the replacement for RG Brandon Moore, who was released yesterday. Kemo is said to be considering an offer from the Steelers.

Interestingly, Kemo started at left guard, replacing Alan Faneca, who signed with the Jets last offseason.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/source-jets-make-offer-to-kemo.html

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I thought the Jets were close to, or over the cap.

Schefter on the NFL network is reporting Bart Scott is with the Jets now and is supposed to sign a deal later today. I hope the rumor-monger is right.

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I thought the Jets were close to, or over the cap.

Schefter on the NFL network is reporting Bart Scott is with the Jets now and is supposed to sign a deal later today. I hope the rumor-monger is right.
they cut l. coles. they can easilly give scott and kemo a $1 mil base salary this year with a huge signing bonus and still remain under the cap.

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
please take him.......please !!! :bowdown:

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Hell why not they took Faneca why not take his replacement. God I hate the Jets.

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow - if the Ratbirds lose both RayRay and Bart Scott, this FA year just became a plus for us.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/jets-expected-to-sign-lb-scott/

ajs8207
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Hopefully they offer him a contract we can't afford...

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
We can do better.. :tt03:i'd hate to have to see them find an upgrade, instead of sticking with an inconsistent, penalty machine for the next 4 years....:doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 09:18 AM

Yeah, thats what I am talkin about:banana:

The Duke
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM

:thumbsup:

take starks too....

Michael Keller
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
The Free Agency period is a time when so many NFL franchises reveal their incompentcy and desperation. Amazing

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
:thumbsup:

take starks too....
no, choice but to keep the bum now, i just hope they don't work out a longer term deal with him......:doh:

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I just hope we arent scraping the barrel for O-linemen by he end of free agency :doh:dude.....we just played the whole freakin season with "bottom of the barrel " linemen....:doh:

BlastFurnace
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
It will be a big mistake if we don't match that salary for Kemo.

For those of you who can't wait until he leaves...what is your plan for replacement?

We are going to spend that kind of money anyway for a replacement for him. Who out there is better that.....realistically....the Steelers would look at.

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 10:52 AM
He is a must keep cause we dont have anyone to replace him. With Kendall released all we have is our top backup Stapleton.

SteelMember
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
dude.....we just played the whole freakin season with "bottom of the barrel " linemen....:doh:

I thought mayhan went to tampa. :chuckle:

With the 32nd pick, the Steelers choose..........G-Duke Robinson from Oklahoma. :thumbsup:

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Well for all you Kemo haters. I found this on the NYdailynews.com

It looks like the Jets have found their replacement for Brandon Moore - Chris Kemoeatu.

The two sides haven't reached an agreement - yet - but the Steelers are dropping out of the bidding, according to a league source. Unless another team jumps in at the 11th hour, the Jets will have the big fella to themselves.

Kemoeatu is big (6-3, 344) and young (just turned 26 in January). The former 6th-round pick from Utah is a punishing run blocker, but he's not too quick on his feet and could be a liability in pass protection. Another concern is that he's only a one-year starter; he replaced Alan Faneca at left guard when Faneca bolted for the Jets last offseason. The Steelers' line really struggled last season, although it's hard to say if - or how much - Kemoeatu was responsible.

The Jets will use him at right guard.

This is going to be a busy day for the Jets. Aside from Kemoeatu and LB Bart Scott, who has agreed in principle on a five-year contract, they're showing interest in Ravens CB Corey Ivy and Bills CB Jabari Greer.

plenewken
02-27-2009, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=Steelers Since '75;571362]While most of the attention has focused on Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, the Jets have made an offer to Steelers G Chris Kemoeatu, according to a league source. The offer is believed to be at least $4 million-per-year.

They're targeting the massive Kemoeatu (6-3, 344) as the replacement for RG Brandon Moore, who was released yesterday. Kemo is said to be considering an offer from the Steelers.

Interestingly, Kemo started at left guard, replacing Alan Faneca, who signed with the Jets last offseason.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/source-jets-make-offer-to-kemo.html[/QUOTE

Sharkissle29
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
He is a must keep cause we dont have anyone to replace him. With Kendall released all we have is our top backup Stapleton.

Trust the front office.

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
:tt03::celebrate:cheer::party::beerbang:

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
:tt03::celebrate:cheer::party::beerbang:

so what yoour saying is that a giant heap of dung placed infront of ben would be more effective in keeping defenders off of him?

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
It will be a big mistake if we don't match that salary for Kemo.

For those of you who can't wait until he leaves...what is your plan for replacement?

We are going to spend that kind of money anyway for a replacement for him. Who out there is better that.....realistically....the Steelers would look at.

Option #1. Sign FA Jason Brown and move Hartwig to LG. improvement

Option#2. Sign FA John Stinchcomb to play RT and move Colon to LG. improvement

Option #3. Sign FA Mike Goff to play LG. improvement

Option #4. Draft Alex Mack in round 1, or Kraig Urbik in round 2 or Trevor Canfield in round 3. improvement

Option #5 Draft RT Alex Boone in the 3rd round. William Beatty in round 1, Jamon Meridith or Phil Loadholt in round 2 to play RT and move Colon to LG.

I can go on all day as to why not to get into a bidding war over a guy that was inconsistent in run blocking, didnt move his feet well in pass blocking and let 265 lb DT's from the Colts beat him on 4th and goal.

SteelMember
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
so what yoour saying is that a giant heap of dung placed infront of ben would be more effective in keeping defenders off of him?

:chuckle:

The dung may stick, but it dosen't hold. :sofunny:

Gonzo, I think your 1-3 options are a longshot for the Steelers I know. If they do ever sign anyone via free-agency, it's usually someone not on the radar. You've given names people have heard of.
They will go to the draft as usual. :noidea:

CPanther95
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
It is easy to replace any of our O-Lineman....but it's hard as hell to replace ALL of them.

We need to keep some of our known entities in order to properly fill the gaps.

If you have a pizza, you can replace any single topping - or even the cheese, crust or sauce - with a replacement and have some idea what to expect. Substitute for all of them at the same time and you have no clue what to expect from the finished product.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
The steelers are hardly the kind of team to be active in free agency. Where are we gonna get that kind of money with james harrison negotiating a contract?

Not all those options were for free agency. Try reading them. 2 involved drafting an interior lineman to replace Kemo or drafting a RT to allow Colon to play guard and replace Colon.

As for the Steelers not being active in free agency. No, they are never active in the first wave. When the musical chairs stop and the lower grade veteran free agents are left standing without a seat.........they pick them up. Keyaron Fox, Mewelde Moore and Justin Hartwig are 3 examples. Mike Goff or John Stinchcombe could be in that group.

Steelman16
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
There's no way we can afford Jason Brown or Jon Stinchcomb, even though I'd be ecstatic to see either one signed.

Goff might have a lesser pricetag and be someone we pick up as a stopgap so we can draft with flexibility.

steelreserve
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
You know, I wonder if this isn't the year they give Essex a shot at starting. I know he can play guard, but I've never seen him do it. Anyone know if he'd be any good there? He wasn't an All-Pro when he filled in at tackle or anything, but it seemed like he at least did OK. Which is as well as most of our linemen did this year anyway.

BlastFurnace
02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Option #1. Sign FA Jason Brown and move Hartwig to LG. improvement

Option#2. Sign FA John Stinchcomb to play RT and move Colon to LG. improvement

Option #3. Sign FA Mike Goff to play LG. improvement

Option #4. Draft Alex Mack in round 1, or Kraig Urbik in round 2 or Trevor Canfield in round 3. improvement

Option #5 Draft RT Alex Boone in the 3rd round. William Beatty in round 1, Jamon Meridith or Phil Loadholt in round 2 to play RT and move Colon to LG.

I can go on all day as to why not to get into a bidding war over a guy that was inconsistent in run blocking, didnt move his feet well in pass blocking and let 265 lb DT's from the Colts beat him on 4th and goal.

Option 1 - He is being heavily courted by the Rams and is probably going to sign today according to NFL Network.

Option 2- From everything I have read, Stinchcomb is extremely inconsistent. The same thing we say about Kemo.

Option 3 - Could happen

Option 4 and 5 - We don't even know if any of these guys will be available during the draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
There's no way we can afford Jason Brown or Jon Stinchcomb, even though I'd be ecstatic to see either one signed.

Goff might have a lesser pricetag and be someone we pick up as a stopgap so we can draft with flexibility.

I agree. It looks like Brown is gaining a lot of interest. Stinchcomb....I dont know as he is pretty much a RT only. Same with Goff....his age might count against him. You never know and I am just saying there are a lot of better options than signing Kemoateu.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Option 1 - He is being heavily courted by the Rams and is probably going to sign today according to NFL Network.

Option 2- From everything I have read, Stinchcomb is extremely inconsistent. The same thing we say about Kemo.

Option 3 - Could happen

Option 4 and 5 - We don't even know if any of these guys will be available during the draft.

Thanks, happy to see you recognize that there are other options to signing Kemo.

As for option #5, I gave names like Loadhold, Meridith, Boone, Urbik, Canfield.........I guarantee that all of those guys will be available at #32, so yes they will be available during the draft. Guys like Beatty, Mack, Wood, Robinson are more remote possibilities at #32.

Steelman16
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree. It looks like Brown is gaining a lot of interest. Stinchcomb....I dont know as he is pretty much a RT only. Same with Goff....his age might count against him. You never know and I am just saying there are a lot of better options than signing Kemoateu.

I agree as well. I personally would like to keep Kemo for another year to see if he improves, but even if we could afford what the Jets are offering, it's too much money for an inconsistent linemen. We already have too many of those. :doh:

Somebody mentioned Essex possibly playing guard. Perhaps that's the Steelers trump card here? It's not like the Steelers to purge both sides of the guard position without having something in mind.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Now all the jets need is a running game, a receiving game and someone who knows what a football look like to act as a QB.

Rex Ryan is thinking, glad i took the money, because I certainly am not going to win with this team.

Da Steeler Soprano
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Its offcial Kemo is a Jet!...sorry no link just trust me you will be seeing it everywhere very shortly....

SunshineMan21
02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
So they're spending big bucks yet their QB is . . . Kellen Clemons? Throwing to Jerricho Cotchery and Chansi Stuckey? What?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Its offcial Kemo is a Jet!...sorry no link just trust me you will be seeing it everywhere very shortly....

Thanks. I hope you are correct. :banana:

CargoJon
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
rumor has it that Stinchcomb will be a Seahawk soon....

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM

I posted it earlier in the thread that we dropped out and he was due to sign.

steelerbuckeye
02-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Mr "look-out" tackle himself!! :applaudit:

SteelerFanInCA
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Looks like Kemo is staying in Steeltown.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/kemoeatu-to-stay-with-steelers.html

ShutDown24
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Just reported on ESPN Radio, searching for link.

SteelerFanInCA
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/kemoeatu-to-stay-with-steelers.html

ShutDown24
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks, just saw you post it in the Jets after Kemo thread lol.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Well if Kemo was signed by the Jets, I'm sure that will be comforting for any FA GB's to come to the Jets, lol.

Just read Scott offered 40mill over 5 on espn to go the jets. Got to love Ryan. When all the dust settles, the Jets and the Ravens will be nothing but 2 medicore teams, both without a qb.

Steelman16
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Ruh-roh...

Gah, it better not be for more than a low 4... :doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
So I guess we are sticking with the O line of

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Stapleton
Colon

No need to improve your O line when you can just pay them more money to be the same. :doh:

rbryan
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Thats a pretty good number if it's true. I still think he has a lot of upside. The guy has one year as a starter under his belt and will only get better IMO. I like the signing.

BlastFurnace
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
Looks like Kemo is staying in Steeltown.

Yup, I guess the O line wasnt bad at all. The much improved steeler O line for 2009 is looking like

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Stapleton
Colon

I'm so glad they are focusing on improving the offensive line. :banging:

StainlessStill
02-27-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09058/952109-100.stm

This is big. Jets were actually minutes from signing and we offered him the same contract and he decided to stay. He was thinking "Hmmm, Ben Roethlisberger, or Kellen Clemens?"

A no brainer. Big signing!

Curtain_of_Steel
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
So the Steelers said no thanks, we are gone. He kept calling them to get a deal?

WTF

Either you want the guy because he can play or your don't. Its not about saving 500k a year.
Sorry Ben, you better start resting up and taking those iron pills, lol your gonna need some internal protection.

Steelman16
Too much money. Kemo had better up his level of play or this will come back to bite us.

I love Kemo and think he has a lot of potential, but he ain't there yet.

I guess if nothing else, we've kept the O-line intact. But is that a good thing?

7SteelGal43
So I guess we are sticking with the O line of

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Stapleton
Colon

:banging:

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Yup, I guess the O line wasnt bad at all. The much improved steeler O line for 2009 is looking like

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Stapleton
Colon

I dunno why I'm so on Alex Mack, but maybe they'll sign Mack to play C and move Hartwig to RG, keeping Stapleton as a backup (which he should be).

Alternately, Boone should be available in the 3rd, right? We could possibly have Mack at C, Hartwig at LG, Colon at RG, and Boone at RT.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
"I guess if nothing else, we've kept the O-line intact. But is that a good thing?"

Yes, but is BigBen going to be left intact?

I'll send BB a get well bouquet now of balloons. If he has any brain cells still intact, he has to be thinking, "this is unreal" we had the opportunity to get rid off all of them, and now we are keeping them all" lol

stlrz fan
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
The O Line was showing signs of omprovement at the end of the season. If they can carry that into next season I think there is nowhere to go but up.

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I told ya we'd be drafting CB #1.

StainlessStill
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I dunno why I'm so on Alex Mack, but maybe they'll sign Mack to play C and move Hartwig to RG, keeping Stapleton as a backup (which he should be).

Alternately, Boone should be available in the 3rd, right? We could possibly have Mack at C, Hartwig at LG, Colon at RG, and Boone at RT.

I'm thinking this scenario as well. People think it's just so easy to get rid of a young offensive lineman and just replace him likely split. Signing Kemo was bigger than anyone imagined and Him and Starks are going to lock down the left side of the line. THAT is important having Ben's blindside protected. These guys played together and played better 2nd half of the season. We will gel sooner than later.

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
He took less to stay. 5 years 20 mill. Il glad to have him stay.

tyler289
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I like bringing Kemo back. He was solid this year, in my opinion. Plus, he's not too old, and has room to improve.

steelreserve
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Note to Steelers: Simply paying someone more money does not make him a better player. I thought we knew that.

Jackal
I'm not thrilled by the prospect of us going into next season with the same line, but stlrz fan had a point. The line was starting to gel a bit at the end of the season. Maybe the F.O. was willing to wager that the (albeit minimal) positive momentum they had would carry over until next year.

That or, $$$ permitting, we go on a trade-frenzy prior to the next campaign, though that's highly unlikely.

Steely McSmash
Some speculation about the cap hit here.

If he gets salary raises of 30% per year to get to 20 Mil total he starts with base of 1.6M with 1.2M bonus per year. Cap hit this year would be 2.8M for this scenario.

He was not great this year but definitely has upside as a young guy. 5 year contract is pretty long. He could be trade bait down the road perhaps.

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Putting it off for another year is another way to look at it.

Run Ben Run.

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
This doesn't add anything, but I'm bored at work. Do you guys remember when Faneca switched from LG to LT mid-season and didn't miss a beat? Gah, those were the days...

StainlessStill
02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
This doesn't add anything, but I'm bored at work. Do you guys remember when Faneca switched from LG to LT mid-season and didn't miss a beat? Gah, those were the days...

Doesn't help the fact that the '03 line was even more PUTRID than last years.

This unit will have more time to work together in camp, communicate and adjust on working better together, esp with Bens style of play. I have a good feeling about them going into a year if they can ALL stay healthy. I think were fine, and we WILL still look to the OLINE in the draft.

I say we take Nose Tackle first round.

TheManOfSteel
02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Doesn't help the fact that the '03 line was even more PUTRID than last years.

This unit will have more time to work together in camp, communicate and adjust on working better together, esp with Bens style of play. I have a good feeling about them going into a year if they can ALL stay healthy. I think were fine, and we WILL still look to the OLINE in the draft.

I say we take D-Tackle first round.

DE Tyson Jackson or OL Alex Mack.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
it's not a bad contract.. 5 yrs for 20 mill is not bad for a staring lg.. i think he can inprove and what not.. and now u don't have 2 throw a rookie into the fire unless they have something up there sleeve for the rg pos if stapleton is not the answer

Preacher
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. U spend the money to keep the we're had at the end of last year as a base to build from. Then you draft or move in FA to build from there.

after all, we have pick up a RG already. I would hate for us to have to go searching for a LG the same year. This is a baseline signing. We build from here.

OneForTheToe
02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I like this signing at that price . Even if Kemo doesn't develop into a great LG, I think he could be switched to the right side and we draft a stud for the left side. In 2010, without a cap, 4 million is not going to be too much for a ok right guard.

SteelMember
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I guess I'm not totally disappointed as some may be. It seems they are trying to keep some continuity to the line. 20M for 5yrs. ok. :noidea:

The Duke
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I guess our run game won't be much better this year....

at least it's a reasonable contract. but I still want a couple of high draft picks fr the oline

and there's still the possibility of getting that 1st round pick for colon :chuckle:

Milkman
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Well, he didn't break the bank, so that's a plus.

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
We got the Super Bowl Champion hometown discount...

Kemoeatu to stay with Steelers
February 27, 2009
The Jets are still in the market for Brandon Moore's replacement. Chris Kemoeatu has decided to stay with the Steelers, according to a source.

It was looking good for the Jets, who offered a four-year deal for $16.8 million (with roughly $7 million in guarantees), but the hulking guard took less to stay in Pittsburgh. He'll sign a five-year, $20 million deal, including about $6 million in guarantees.

Earlier today, the Steelers told Kemoeatu they were bowing out, but he kept calling them, seemingly determined to stay with the super Bowl champs

OX1947
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I guess our run game won't be much better this year....

at least it's a reasonable contract. but I still want a couple of high draft picks fr the oline

and there's still the possibility of getting that 1st round pick for colon :chuckle:

See, that was my beef. Because during the playoffs, the line blocked really well during the pass but when we needed 1 yard, they were still getting blown out. I am hoping a healthy Mendenhall can help a little here.

Looks like the line from last year will be starting again. That could be a good thing to give that line an offseason to work the kinks out. I think this gives the Steelers a little more flexibility for the first round. I think now the Steelers could narrow their needs into 2 and get one of them. If Alex Mack is available, grab him, if not I believe Tyson Jackson will be available at 32 and he is the guy that replaces Aaron Smith.

Keep in mind, Kemo took less money and less in guarantees to stay in Pitt. A lot of loyalty there that obviously must show some integrity on Kemo's part so I think as a Steeler fan I will continue to support him and hope he can improve.

I am holding out a glimmer of hope that we can still get B-Mac signed but I think tthat isn't going to happen, but as soon as Silverback is signed, I will be able to relax the rest of the offseason.

Next year will be a very hard off season. Miller, Ward, Ryan Clark, Larry Foote, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton will all be going into free agency if they aren't resigned.

Steelerstrength
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
The longer the O-Line plays together, the better we should be for it! I'm in the camp of chemistry over pure talent. Plus, the fact that Kemo took less money to stay with the Steelers speaks volumes about his loyalty!

Let's all hope this turns out to be a great signing! :tt02:

The Duke
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Earlier today, the Steelers told Kemoeatu they were bowing out, but he kept calling them, seemingly determined to stay with the super Bowl champs

well, you gotta love that in a player

I just hope silverback does the same....

vindrow
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Run, Ben, Run:funny:

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Gotta give some love to the big guy. He did his job, mostly.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09qc1y8fVUdgc/340x.jpg

OneForTheToe
02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
To me the key to this working is Hills. If he could just play RT well enough so we can move Colon to RG, I could actually start to like this line-up some.

I think Kemo - Hartwig - Colon could be ok middle of the line. Kemo has trouble with the mental side of the position last year. Hopefully, he will get better in that aspect of his game. Another year working next to Hartwig should improve the coordination between the two a bit. Also, I have confidence that Colon can run block well as a guard. Having played tackle should make Willie a pretty good pass blocking guard.

mopit55
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
yes,kemo-hartwig-colon-and maybe a draft pick eben britton-duke robinson-max unger-herman johnson a lot of choice for keep big ben healthy.

BozMan
02-27-2009, 03:36 PM

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Stapleton
Colon

Nooooo.... :banging::banging::banging::mad:

Preacher
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I think it is a little premature to set the starting lineup yet.

Steelers usually wait until after the crazy period, then sift through the garbage and find some diamonds.

Then we have the draft as well.

Heck, anyone wonder if Kemo will be trade-bait? What was his signing bonus? that will tell us the answer real quick.

St33lersguy
02-27-2009, 04:05 PM
the $4 mil. they ar paying Piss Kemo is at least $3 mil. more than what he's worth. The Steelers do not want to overpay for talented pro bowlers yet they overpay for this holding machine. The nthey are trying to get that piece of s*** Willie the Colon back to Steeltown??? The reason I don't look forward to free agency is not improving the OL and f***ing making stupid decisions in regard to this and the DL.

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe now we go up in the 1st and get Crabtree.

Offense wins SB's.

steelerdave1969
02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I just think that everyone is getting too upset over nothing right now. If you dont think the Steelers are smart at these times then just go back and check the history of our prized organization.
There is a lot of moves that I dont agree with sometimes, but they usually end up working themselves out. I think that the Steelers had to resign either Chris K or Marvell Smith and I really think they made the right decision. He has a lot more upside and is still very young. Just give the org. a chance to get things sorted through and things will work out just fine.

iceman000123
02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I just think that everyone is getting too upset over nothing right now. If you dont think the Steelers are smart at these times then just go back and check the history of our prized organization.
There is a lot of moves that I dont agree with sometimes, but they usually end up working themselves out. I think that the Steelers had to resign either Chris K or Marvell Smith and I really think they made the right decision. He has a lot more upside and is still very young. Just give the org. a chance to get things sorted through and things will work out just fine.

He's right. We are the only team to draft 4 hall of famers in one draft so apparently we know what we're doing. Between Marvel and Kemo i would have picked Kemo as well. I believe or line is going to move in a positve direction this season.

Preacher
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
the $4 mil. they ar paying Piss Kemo is at least $3 mil. more than what he's worth. The Steelers do not want to overpay for talented pro bowlers yet they overpay for this holding machine. The nthey are trying to get that piece of s*** Willie the Colon back to Steeltown??? The reason I don't look forward to free agency is not improving the OL and f***ing making stupid decisions in regard to this and the DL.

I think you might want to reassess.

Curious about the numbers, I put one of my loyal assistants Trevor Gallen on the problem, and here is what he reports back after crunching the numbers for every player in the starting lineup for the first game of the 2007-8 season:
1) As Michael Lewis argued, starting left tackles are indeed paid more on average than any other position on the field except for quarterbacks. The average starting quarterback makes about $5 million a year. The average starting left tackle gets $4 million. Defensive linemen and wide receivers also do pretty well.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/nfl-salaries-believe-in-the-blind-side/

You also need to realize this was the 2007-8 season, which in essence, means the signings happened in the spring of 2007, or two years ago.

That means, that this year, we will probably be paying our starting left tackle whom we just plucked back of the FA market after winning a SB (and being the best at his position on the market since the market is slim right now) less money than the average tackle was making TWO YEARS ago.

I don't know about you, but it seams to me the FO knows EXACTLY what they are doing.

steel-EERS
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
What I think the Steelers might do is move Kemo to RG, move Colon to LG and draft a Right tackle at 32 or the end of the second round. maybe the go DL or CB in round one? at RG Kemo would be less susceptable to the pass rush and his power run blocking could be more effective. Colon is built like a guard and his short arms wouldn't be as big of problem at LG. You can usually find RG after the first round

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
it's not a bad contract.. 5 yrs for 20 mill is not bad for a staring lg.. i think he can inprove and what not.. and now u don't have 2 throw a rookie into the fire unless they have something up there sleeve for the rg pos if stapleton is not the answer

You are right, its not a bad contract.

My issue is with everybody that complains the O line sucks and in the same post says to trust the FO. You cant have it both ways because the FO is basically keeping that same lousy O line together another season. The only difference is that the FO has agreed to pay Starks, Colon, Kemoateu more money to be below average again.

Preacher
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
You are right, its not a bad contract.

My issue is with everybody that complains the O line sucks and in the same post says to trust the FO. You cant have it both ways because the FO is basically keeping that same lousy O line together another season. The only difference is that the FO has agreed to pay Starks, Colon, Kemoateu more money to be below average again.

I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

Fact is, our O line does suck. However, with the market, the cap, the available players, and where we are drafting, the FO has to make the choices that are best for the entire team.

So I trust the FO completely, even though the line sucks. In my guestimation, they are making sure the line doesn't suck even MORE next year, while they try to start building (hopefully) in the draft!

86WARD
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
They still need to make this a priority in the draft...

I was so hoping this guy would follow Faneca...damn...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

Fact is, our O line does suck. However, with the market, the cap, the available players, and where we are drafting, the FO has to make the choices that are best for the entire team.

So I trust the FO completely, even though the line sucks. In my guestimation, they are making sure the line doesn't suck even MORE next year, while they try to start building (hopefully) in the draft!

You are talking at the same time out of both sides of your mouth. If the Steelers have the same O line in 2009 and they have the same struggles as 2008, don't complain on this board as I will be constantly reminding you that this is the O line that you wanted and endorsed as being the best choice made by the FO.

Doing the same thing and expecting things to change is the definintion of insanity.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
imo, i don't think this line sucks THAT bad.. sure ben gets sacked a lot... but not all of the sacks are the line's fault... and it seemed that evry time the offense needed a drive.. the offense got that and the o-line did good...

LVSteelersfan
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Kemo is a road grader. If he can progressively get better as time goes on, that means it is one less person we have to sign to get that run game going. Do some of you really want to completely revamped line that has never played together again? If we get any rookies into the mix, they more than likely won't start right away. It is better to keep at least one side of the line intact. I think the Steelers are smart doing it this way.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Keep The Superbowl Winning Line And Keep Building Through Draft And Fa!

St33lersguy
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I think you might want to reassess.

When I say stupid decisions I mean that this team has made mistakes addressing both lines in the past 2 years. Notice I say in regard to OL and DL. Don't think that I actually think that the 6 time SB champs have a long history of poor decisions. THey made great decisions. I just wish they would add talent to the OL and youth and depth at the DL. Our DL is pretty good but everybody is atleast 30, considering how being 3-4 DL can bring a lot of wear and tear in not too long of time don't expect this DL to last much longer. Also if this same OL continues to allow sack after sack after sack then Big Ben will get beat up into forced retirement before his 10th year especially considering he played through pain all year.

Preacher
02-27-2009, 07:24 PM
You are talking at the same time out of both sides of your mouth. If the Steelers have the same O line in 2009 and they have the same struggles as 2008, don't complain on this board as I will be constantly reminding you that this is the O line that you wanted and endorsed as being the best choice made by the FO.

Doing the same thing and expecting things to change is the definintion of insanity.

Nope...

Saying the O line sucks is a fact.

Saying that the way the chips fell, I trust the FO is also a fact.

It is just like last year. We knew the O line sucked. We looked forward to seeing what would happen in the draft.

Then, when the draft started, virtually every lineman that was worth drafting in the first two rounds were gone by the time we came to draft.

This last year, our O line still sucked, but the FO did a good job of not reaching.

One is what the reality is, the other is what can or can't be done about it.

it is NOT mutually exclusive.

Unless of course, you want to cut Hines Ward, or Ben, Or take our chance with two or three open spots on the OL going into the draft.

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't like or hate the resigning, just hope we stil draft some good young OL guys.

GBMelBlount
02-27-2009, 09:31 PM

I think they are simply paying a premium to make sure the line doesn't get any worse. It sucks but I guess I understand the logic. I just hope they don't overlook the line AGAIN in the draft. THAT would be insanity.

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I was just thinking about this. We won a Super Bowl with a "sucky" line and when we had guys performing like Pro Bowlers we got nothing. I think ill take the sucky guys anytime.

mesaSteeler
02-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Steelers' Kemoeatu opts to stay put
Saturday, February 28, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09059/952371-66.stm

The developing crisis in the offensive line eased a tad yesterday when the Steelers came to terms with guard Chris Kemoeatu. And team officials remain optimistic others will rejoin him and fullback Sean McHugh, who also agreed to a contract.

Not long after Kevin Colbert said he felt good about re-signing some of their own top free agents, the Steelers did just that with their starting left guard.

"Our big free-agency [move] is trying to keep our own players, which we are trying to do," said Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations. "Our own players want to find out what else is out there. If they leave, they want to know that they had a good offer to do it. We'll be as competitive as we can be."

That is precisely what happened with Kemoeatu. He received an offer from the New York Jets that averaged a little more than $4 million per year on a four-year deal. The Steelers' contract averaged $4 million on a five-year deal and he accepted that $20 million contract that includes a $3,885,000 signing bonus.

The Jets reportedly thought they were about to land their second guard from the Steelers in the past two years. They signed Alan Faneca a year ago.

"Obviously, he's very happy," said Kemoeatu's agent, Ken Vierra. "The Jets were extremely aggressive and professional. At the end of the day, it was an opportunity to win another Super Bowl and stay with his teammates, along with a good, aggressive, solid offer from the Steelers. That was enough to keep him there."

McHugh, their starting fullback and No. 3 tight end, received a three-year, $2.57 million contract with a $390,000 signing bonus. He signed a one-year deal with them Sept. 3 after Detroit cut him.

The Steelers also would like to keep Trai Essex home. He is an experienced backup guard and tackle who has played in 34 games and started four.

Colbert said they also hope to keep others, although it appears wide receiver Nate Washington and cornerback Bryant McFadden will soon sign elsewhere. Washington visited Detroit yesterday with Tampa Bay and Tennessee also trying to line up visits. Any number of teams have expressed an interest in McFadden.

"Until players meet with other teams and find out what their market is, we don't know if any or what combination we can keep,'' Colbert said. "We may be able to keep all of them or keep none of them. We'll probably be able to keep a combination of our own and possibly add some guys as this thing gets into a more sensible range."

The Steelers did not plan to meet with any free agents over the weekend, and Colbert said none is scheduled for a visit.

He offered an explanation why the Steelers released veteran guard Kendall Simmons Thursday. Simmons was their starting guard since 2002, but he was placed on injured reserve after his Achilles tendon was torn in the fourth game last season.

They lost salary-cap room by releasing him, but they will save actual cash, the $3.1 million salary he was to receive. That real money can be used elsewhere.

"We don't like doing these things," Colbert said. "He is recovering from a pretty serious injury, and indications are that he will be available at some point for the '09 season. It's hard to determine when that will be, and we felt we could use the maneuverability in the cap, even though it doesn't give us immediate cap relief."

Simmons paid a visit to the Buffalo Bills yesterday. Darnell Stapleton replaced him as the starter last season. He remains under contract, as does guard/tackle Jeremy Parquet, who has been in and out of the league since 2005 without ever getting into a game until he played briefly in five of them with the Steelers the past season.

Kemoeatu became a starter in his fourth season with the Steelers, who drafted him in the sixth round in 2005. Coincidentally, he became a starter after the New York Jets signed Faneca.

Colbert was not surprised that Kemoeatu took a little less to remain with the Steelers.

"I don't think players want to leave here. I think they enjoy their experience here, and they want to stay. And, if that's the case, the agent will usually give you the opportunity to match what his client is getting.

"We're going to monitor what's going on, obviously, with our own guys that are making early visits and we'll see where the early signings are, but it's just never been our style to be involved in this early process."

NOTES -- Colbert said the Steelers' negotiations with James Harrison are ongoing and the only ones taking place with a player that has one year left on his contract. ... The Steelers are about $10 million under the newly adjusted salary cap of $127 million for each team. ... The Steelers have eight draft picks at the moment, an extra in the seventh brought by their trade of Sean Mahan to Tampa Bay.

Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com.
First published on February 28, 2009 at 12:00 am

lilyoder6
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
good article.. and nice to know we still have 10 mill of cap room... so technically, we could re-sign b-mac or nate.. but i think at least 1 of them will get way over paid

T Bradshaw
02-28-2009, 01:26 AM
sign b-mac, no doubt
nate will neve be a starter in this league, he simply drops too many passes and does not have enough talent

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2009, 02:54 AM
and on the flip side, the jets resigned brandon moore, thier free agent guard to a 4 year 16 million deal......the difference is moore is worth it !!! :doh: the steelers could have swapped players for the SAME money, and UPGRADED at the same time....:banging:

Hours after being jilted by Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu, the Jets have re-signed veteran right guard Brandon Moore to a four-year, $16-million deal that includes $10 million guaranteed, The Star-Ledger has learned.

Moore, who was due a $7 million roster bonus and released Thursday, is the Jets' best run blocker and is coming off his best season as a pro. At 28, he's in the prime of his career and it was a stunner that the Jets released him in the first place.

The return of Moore means all five starters on the offensive line will return.

steelerdave1969
02-28-2009, 05:56 AM
I think the Steelers will be fine on the offensive line and I really think they have a plan come draft time. It seems to me like Steelers fans should be used to the way they approach this period every year. They have already made more moves than I thought they would, especially this early. The Steelers could have $30 mill. under the cap and they still wouldnt be big spenders during this time for people thats not already on their team.

St33lersguy
02-28-2009, 06:57 AM
I was just thinking about this. We won a Super Bowl with a "sucky" line and when we had guys performing like Pro Bowlers we got nothing. I think ill take the sucky guys anytime.

Unless of course we count the great line of the 70s and the great line we had in 2005

HometownGal
02-28-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm happy Kemo was signed and I believe it is going to pay off for the Steelers. :thumbsup: I took a liking to this young man and feel he has the potential to become a tremendous asset to the OL with a little more work and some fine tuning.

Michael Keller
02-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I am presenting this post to the forum at large and El Gonzo specfically because I sincerely respect your keen knowledge of football and particularly the offensive line . Here goes:

1-Did the offensive line play improve as the season progressed to a level that provided encouragment to the Steeler coaches?

2-Can, Stapleton & Kemo, Hartwig,[B] improve significantly because of their youth & lack of experience? and can Hartwig also improve since it was only his first year as a Steeler center with the responsibilities that he has with being the center?
In short will the continuity provide measurable improved play?

3-Will Hill after his red shirt year become a contributor even as a back up player to a point he either "pushes" Colon to a higher level of play or replaces him at right tackle.

4-Starks has the respect of a guy that I respect and that is Tuch Ilkin therefore we can assume that this hugh guy can play at an acceptable leve.

5-Yes draft a quality offensive lineman in either the first round or the second round. (preferrably the first round ) but if there is a better athlete avilable playing either defensive line or CB take him in the first and get the OL guy in the second.

I hope I have not played the football version of Pollyanna but the above does have the potential for favorable results. Add a dash of a big back named Mendehall and we could be back to the Same Old Steelers , a team with a solid running game and protection for a great QB who could be off the chart .

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm happy Kemo was signed and I believe it is going to pay off for the Steelers. :thumbsup: I took a liking to this young man and feel he has the potential to become a tremendous asset to the OL with a little more work and some fine tuning.

I agree with HTG. I've been wondering why all the hate on Kemo all year. It was his first year starting, taking the place of a Pro Bowler who QUIT on the team during his last season. Go back and review the 07 tape and count the Faneca False Starts and Holds and you'll see, he wasn't in the game. Kemo came in, as a first year starter and did his job, not at a pro-bowl level, but good enough in my opinion. Plus with a new Center and a new RG in Stapleton, I think Kemo was one of the Stronger Aspects to our Line this season.

I'm happy he got this contract. It wasn't for nothing that he was considered the best FA Guard on the Market this season. That's right, he was at the top of OL prospects on the Market, and we got him back. Not too shabby.

Also, this really tells me where we are going in the First Round, DL. I don't doubt it now. We aren't trading up for an OL, especially considering there aren't any real monster Tackles this year that can drop past 10 or so, I see us if anything trading up to 18 to grag a stud DL to rotate in with our older Veterans. Just like Timmons started out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
I am presenting this post to the forum at large and El Gonzo specfically because I sincerely respect your keen knowledge of football and particularly the offensive line . Here goes:

1-Did the offensive line play improve as the season progressed to a level that provided encouragment to the Steeler coaches?

2-Can, Stapleton & Kemo, Hartwig,[B] improve significantly because of their youth & lack of experience? and can Hartwig also improve since it was only his first year as a Steeler center with the responsibilities that he has with being the center?
In short will the continuity provide measurable improved play?

3-Will Hill after his red shirt year become a contributor even as a back up player to a point he either "pushes" Colon to a higher level of play or replaces him at right tackle.

4-Starks has the respect of a guy that I respect and that is Tuch Ilkin therefore we can assume that this hugh guy can play at an acceptable leve.

5-Yes draft a quality offensive lineman in either the first round or the second round. (preferrably the first round ) but if there is a better athlete avilable playing either defensive line or CB take him in the first and get the OL guy in the second.

I hope I have not played the football version of Pollyanna but the above does have the potential for favorable results. Add a dash of a big back named Mendehall and we could be back to the Same Old Steelers , a team with a solid running game and protection for a great QB who could be off the chart .

MK, this is just my opinion.

1. The coaches admirably had to work with the guys they had and yes they did progress or "gel" as the year went on. I think it blinds them a bit to the deficiency of some players skills (cant see forest for trees type thing).

2. I think Hartwig played very well and you are going to get that consistent effort from him. Kemo possibly gives too much effort on one play (eg. 110%) and gasses himself then recovering the next play (giving 80%) and gets beat or doesnt dominate 260 lb defenders like the Colts game. Stapleton gives good effort and has light feet, but just doesnt have the natural mass or strength to consistently compete.

3. I said back in training camp that Hills shows the footwork, movement and drive blocking to be a good player. he just didnt use his hands well and looked weak in the upper body. I am very hopeful that a redshirt year could make him the starting RT. But , I've been wrong before.

4. Starks natural size gives him an advantage in pass blocking. Since college his aggression and "motor" have been questioned and I still see it. He does not kick slide well, move laterally well and takes plays off. Several times in the SB, I saw him lead blocking on draws downfield and just running, but not hitting anybody. I think he is average at best and Tunch is just being politically correct about a fellow Steeler. We paid too much for a guy that is "built like Tarzan.....but plays like Jane" IMO.

5. The funny thing that I think about in the draft is that if you take prospects like Mack, Wood, Urbik, Vasquez, Canfield.......I grade them better than Kemo, Hartwig or Stapleton. Starks is essentially a bit quicker version of Phil Loadholt, but Loadholt is a masher in run blocking compared to Starks. That means there are at least 7 OT's in the current draft that are better than Starks.

The insanity of the entire offseason and Steeler supporters on this board is that they crucified the O line the entire season. Now they applaud the efforts to keep that terrible O line together. It makes no sense. Its like being in a bad relationship and hoping things will get better..........when often its time to move on and find a better person in that relationship.

I am all in favor of coaching up guys, but if you have more talented, better motivated players......you can coach them to be great. IMO, the best we can hope for with this group it to coach them to be the 15th best O line in the NFL. Average.

Preacher
02-28-2009, 06:25 PM
The insanity of the entire offseason and Steeler supporters on this board is that they crucified the O line the entire season. Now they applaud the efforts to keep that terrible O line together. It makes no sense. Its like being in a bad relationship and hoping things will get better..........when often its time to move on and find a better person in that relationship.

That's because many of us see the black hole we are circling around when it comes to the O line. We realize that we have to have SOMETHING to work with, and even the GUYS WE HAVE were leaving, with no GUARANTEE that we would get anyone in return.

Do you REALLY want the risk of letting MORE players go with NO ONE to fill their position?

Also remember, we let the two WORST lineman go already. Simmons and Smith. Worst because they BOTH were absolutely unable to perform.

You have to keep SOME kind of base to work with. I am not sure why you keep ignoring that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
That's because many of us see the black hole we are circling around when it comes to the O line. We realize that we have to have SOMETHING to work with, and even the GUYS WE HAVE were leaving, with no GUARANTEE that we would get anyone in return.

Do you REALLY want the risk of letting MORE players go with NO ONE to fill their position?

Also remember, we let the two WORST lineman go already. Simmons and Smith. Worst because they BOTH were absolutely unable to perform.

You have to keep SOME kind of base to work with. I am not sure why you keep ignoring that.

Preacher, I am not ignoring anything.....but rather would have preferred to see a better plan of rebuilding and restoring this offensive line to prominence. My wish was to keep the core of guys we had under contract like Colon, Hartwig, Stapleton, Hills, Simmons, Legursky, Parquet, Capizzi. Then build with 2 young guys thru the draft and 2 free agents and see who comes out of camp. The Simmons release threw it off by 1 player.

This O line is a broken down house and we are spending tons of $$$ on patching it up, when it needs to be taken down to the foundations and rebuilt. The 2 worst linemen were Stapleton and Starks. Smith is just unreliable and Simmons sounds like he wasnt gonna be healthy until midway thru the season.

Face it, the Steelers just spent $12million on Starks and Kemoateu for next season. Hardly money wisely spent. I bet for $12mil you could have got Jason Brown, Ray Willis and resigned Trai Essex.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2009, 06:45 PM

Do you REALLY want to keep more players that gave up almost 50 sacks and could not get any push in the run game???

I guess its better to have O linemen that are experienced Steelers, than have better O linemen with NFL experience on other teams. Is that what your thinking is??

Preacher
02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Do you REALLY want to keep more players that gave up almost 50 sacks and could not get any push in the run game???

I guess its better to have O linemen that are experienced Steelers, than have better O linemen with NFL experience on other teams. Is that what your thinking is??

I am thinking that with the salary cap and the other players we need to sign this year and next year, we WOULDN'T GET better players. . . or maybe even SIMILAR players. ESPECIALLY for the discount that Kemo basically gave.

THAT, I am not willing to risk.

What makes you so sure we would have been able to pick up better players for a similar or better price at their positions?

After all, The more I am reading, the more I am seeing both Kemo AND Starks being looked at as top targets in this FA period.

That isn't because they are overrated, it is because the FA market is weak.

Dynasty
02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
ESPECIALLY for the discount that Kemo basically gave...
...What makes you so sure we would have been able to pick up better players for a similar or better price at their positions?

What about the guy the Jets cut, Moore? He went for less money than Kemo did, and he's better. He also would have been on the market if Kemo didn't sign with us. That makes me pretty sure we could have gotten better guys for a similar price. I'm still holding out hope we can long-term sign Starks to save a few million, but even if he gets 6 million a year, he's still a joke, and he shouldn't be making anywhere close to that much if money was based on skill.

I realize there was a limited amount they could have done with this group of FAs, but the Front Office really let everyone down. We probably got worse this offseason, with the loss of McFadden and Nate. We don't even have any money to sign anyone good since we overpaid the same crappy linemen we've had the last few years. Starks is no good, Kemoeatu is no good, but they're being paid 12 million dollars. What a poor decision by the FO. I don't know about you, but I feel like we'd be better off with Khalif Barnes, Moore, and Bryan McFadden than we are now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
After all, The more I am reading, the more I am seeing both Kemo AND Starks being looked at as top targets in this FA period.

That isn't because they are overrated, it is because the FA market is weak.
So true........this free agency talent is weak. Its why we really didnt need to be a player in it by paying Starks top 5 money and Kemo $4mil a season. The Steelers are essentially paying too much for talent, because there isnt much on the market........not something they have traditionally done.

I would rather they had stayed the course and picked up reasonable priced free agents, build thru the draft and let their high priced free agents move onto greener pastures like they normally do.

If the Steelers were not willing to pay Faneca $8mil a year like the Jets did..........why did they pay Starks $7mil last year and $8.45 Mil this season????? They are paying too much for below average players which they have never done in the 30 years I have been a fan. It is distressing to see.

Football Freek
03-01-2009, 06:50 AM
The Jets released Moore Thursday...if the FO thought he was better than Kemo, don't you think they would have picked him up? Why would the Jets offer Kemo a contract? Obviously both organizations wanted Kemo and not Moore so that must say something. Kemo decided to stay with the Steelers so the Jets were forced to re-sign Moore...end of Story.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-01-2009, 07:49 AM
This person is so rite they both saw some in kemo than they both did in moore